Conquer Club

Jihad in Boston: Death Penalty for Bomber?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Should the Boston Bomber get the Death Penalty?

Total votes : 0

Re: People of Boston....

Postby Phatscotty on Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:48 pm

muy_thaiguy wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
muy_thaiguy wrote:Police are telling citizens to stay inside for a reason. If they protect themselves in their own homes, that's one thing. But the way scotty is wording it, it certainly gives one the impression he wants the people of Watertown to go around town with guns, which would probably result in some poor soul getting shot for being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Let the police, feds, and others whose job it is, to find this guy. In the meantime, everyone else should follow the police chief's advice and stay inside and lock up the doors and windows.

Let me ask you Muythai...

What is the reason the windows and doors should be locked?

Point of thread:
What do most people think of when someone shouts "TO ARMS! TO ARMS!"

Here's a hint: It's not sitting inside with something to protect yourself with. Think more along the lines of grabbing guns and then going out vigilante style, but in armed groups with people who have had little to no training and think that playing a FPS game will give them all the skills they need. Generally, a completely innocent person will get accused, injured, or even killed because some moron was looking for someone with a white cap.

You are right, and Saxi was right too. I guess that's just the way I have always thought of it (defending from British Attack)

Good point that they did not have any "training". Yet they still held off the most highly trained soldiers in the world (British) who had a ton of experience.

Tell me tho, how does "to arms" mean "vigilante" to you? I think that's just what you think, and it may just be what I think, but I'm pretty sure "to arms" as Revere rode was about defense, not offense, certainly not vigilantism.

However, I asked you why it is people are advised to lock their doors and windows, and not come outside. If you don't mind?
Last edited by Phatscotty on Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major Phatscotty

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:48 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:Many ignore the consequences of US foreign policy, and at times blindly support it. Ignoring the costs while rooting for perceived benefits seems to have enabled US foreign policymakers to become more aggressive.

We shouldn't ignore terrorism, and of course we shouldn't lead ourselves to rage about it. Instead we should deliberate about the causes of terrorism and about the proper response to terrorism. Wait, what am I saying?

We should all be extremely alarmed and emotional.

I thought we almost lost you there, BBS. Phewfta.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby thegreekdog on Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:53 pm

PS - Did you really post 7 in a row?
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:54 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:
muy_thaiguy wrote:Police are telling citizens to stay inside for a reason. If they protect themselves in their own homes, that's one thing. But the way scotty is wording it, it certainly gives one the impression he wants the people of Watertown to go around town with guns, which would probably result in some poor soul getting shot for being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Yeah, I agree that PS loves being vague, and his ambiguity helps explain 90% of the reactions ITT.

Nah, the reactions are based on the responder. For example: you will notice all the dummies think I said to go out hunting, all the gun owners understand that it means lock your doors, load your gun and keep it close, and get your game face on.

We understand, a lot of people are just too soft for reality. I mean, I just put the message out that means to be on alert and ready for anything, and everyone gets mad at me, or tries to make guns political. In reality this is a perfect example of when having a gun in the home comes in handy.

Screaming: "TO ARMS! TO ARMS!" isn't effective in transmitting your underlined message.

EDIT: fastposted by sax. :(
Last edited by BigBallinStalin on Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:54 pm

thegreekdog wrote:PS - Did you really post 7 in a row?

He's got a lot of fans to deal with. What's a CC Celeb to do?
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:55 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:

Yeah, I agree that PS loves being vague, and his ambiguity helps explain 90% of the reactions ITT.

Nah, the reactions are based on the responder. For example: you will notice all the dummies think I said to go out hunting, all the gun owners understand that it means lock your doors, load your gun and keep it close, and get your game face on.

We understand, a lot of people are just too soft for reality. I mean, I just put the message out that means to be on alert and ready for anything, and everyone gets mad at me, or tries to make guns political. In reality this is a perfect example of when having a gun in the home comes in handy.

Screaming: "TO ARMS! TO ARMS!" isn't effective in transmitting your underlined message.

Sure, game face means that this has no consequences, right? You just get to reload from your last start or save.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby saxitoxin on Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:56 pm

Phatscotty wrote:NU-UH! When Paul Revere called out "to arms" ...

... it resulted in 400 armed men racing out of their homes and setting up a roadblock on a bridge while others organized ambush points along the main roads.

While perhaps an appropriate response during a war, it may not be the best way to address common crimes like one-man shooters, bank robberies, vandalism or bounced checks.
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:03 pm

muy_thaiguy wrote:
Jdsizzleslice wrote:
nietzsche wrote:If you guys stopped pay attention to terrorists, they would stop. You are enabling them. That's what they want, they want that you feel the rage they feel.

(Same with Phatscotty)

Someone from Mexico has input about Terrorists? Please, do continue on how your country is so much better.

Aaand you're an idiot. Mexican Drug Cartels are about as destructive, if not more so, than terrorists in the Mid East, using similar tactics that terrorists do. Only difference is that they fight for drugs and money while the ones in Iraq and other countries in the Middle East do so for their perverted version of Islam.

This is exactly my point. You didn't hint my sarcasm.
Brigadier Jdsizzleslice

Postby Woodruff on Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:28 pm

Arama86n wrote:Where's Denny Crane when you need him :(
Denny would sort these fools out before breakfast, and still have time to impregnate three women, and end global warming.
Blowing shit up in HIS city? oh no they didn't.

Denny Crane...wasn't he Hogan in Hogan's Heroes? Or am I confusing the name?

(I love that theme music...)
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby Woodruff on Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:31 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:

I'm a gun owner, and what I understood is that you're a vague idiot.

Phatscotty wrote:We understand, a lot of people are just too soft for reality. I mean, I just put the message out that means to be on alert and ready for anything, and everyone gets mad at me, or tries to make guns political. In reality this is a perfect example of when having a gun in the home comes in handy.

Wait...everyone else tries to make guns political? But you don't, right?
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Postby muy_thaiguy on Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:34 pm

Phatscotty wrote:You are right, and Saxi was right too. I guess that's just the way I have always thought of it (defending from British Attack)
Who haven't been our enemies in 200 years.

Good point that they did not have any "training". Yet they still held off the most highly trained soldiers in the world (British) who had a ton of experience.
First years of the war, they were getting destroyed in stand up battles. Only when employing guerrilla tactics did they have any success. And then the French came in (and the Spanish to a lesser degree), and helped us. Prior to their help, the Revolutionary forces were cut down on the battlefield. Let's not even go into the technology part, like where there was only slight differences between muskets back then compared to weapons now a days.

Tell me tho, how does "to arms" mean "vigilante" to you? I think that's just what you think, and it may just be what I think, but I'm pretty sure "to arms" as Revere rode was about defense, not offense, certainly not vigilantism.
So, you're comparing a guy, from over 200 years ago riding through the streets to tell the militias, whose job it was to fight, to get to their weapons and go on the offensive to a bunch of people in the modern day whose jobs rarely, if ever involve guns,(many of whom probably don't own any) and to go on the offensive to take the law into their own hands (which is the definition of vigilantism, BTW)? Do you even understand what you post?

However, I asked you why it is people are advised to lock their doors and windows, and not come outside. If you don't mind?

So people don't get hurt or don't go after the wrong guy. And by locking the doors and windows they are at least taking some common sense measures to make sure they're safe in their own homes while the police and feds do their jobs in hunting a crazy lunatic down. In other words, common sense stuff. Not "grab yer GUNS and get that sumbitch!" like you seem to be supporting.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

What, you expected something deep or flashy?
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:41 pm

muy_thaiguy wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:You are right, and Saxi was right too. I guess that's just the way I have always thought of it (defending from British Attack)

First years of the war, they were getting destroyed in stand up battles. Only when employing guerrilla tactics did they have any success. And then the French came in (and the Spanish to a lesser degree), and helped us. Prior to their help, the Revolutionary forces were cut down on the battlefield. Let's not even go into the technology part, like where there was only slight differences between muskets back then compared to weapons now a days.

So, you're comparing a guy, from over 200 years ago riding through the streets to tell the militias, whose job it was to fight, to get to their weapons and go on the offensive to a bunch of people in the modern day whose jobs rarely, if ever involve guns,(many of whom probably don't own any) and to go on the offensive to take the law into their own hands (which is the definition of vigilantism, BTW)? Do you even understand what you post?

So people don't get hurt or don't go after the wrong guy. And by locking the doors and windows they are at least taking some common sense measures to make sure they're safe in their own homes while the police and feds do their jobs in hunting a crazy lunatic down. In other words, common sense stuff. Not "grab yer GUNS and get that sumbitch!" like you seem to be supporting.

You're obviously Liberal.
Brigadier Jdsizzleslice

Postby Woodruff on Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:42 pm

Jdsizzleslice wrote:
muy_thaiguy wrote:

Yeah, that's a good point. That's what I always think when I see someone using common sense too.

Postby Juan_Bottom on Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:44 pm

Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom

Postby Phatscotty on Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:45 pm

muy_thaiguy wrote:

I've clearly stated that was not was I was advocating, so I have to assume that you for some reason need to believe that.

People have to lock their doors and not go outside because the terrorist is out there and wants to cause as many people harm as possible. They are saying to only open the door for police, because it's a possibility the terrorist is going to try to access someone's home, or take hostages, or a thousand other possibilties. and it doesn't matter how long ago the term was used, it matters the context.

Since I think you are at least somewhat being sincere and truly want to talk about this rather than just call names, let me ask you one more thing. If you lived in Boston, and someone who was not a police officer was kicking in your locked door, or breaking through your locked window......what would you do?

AAfitz? what would you do?
Major Phatscotty

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:48 pm

Woodruff wrote:
Jdsizzleslice wrote:
muy_thaiguy wrote:

Yeah, that's a good point. That's what I always think when I see someone using common sense too.

Obviously from your statement above, you are liberal too.
Brigadier Jdsizzleslice

Postby Woodruff on Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:55 pm

Jdsizzleslice wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
Jdsizzleslice wrote:
muy_thaiguy wrote:

Obviously from your statement above, you are liberal too.

Definitely socially liberal, yes. Not so much fiscally liberal.

But come on...with a setup like that, how could I resist? <smile>

Postby Ray Rider on Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:44 pm

If lived in Boston, I think I would hit the streets and have a blast driving the empty roads. Seriously, how often do you see this?

It would be different if these guys were shooters sniping innocents along the streets or if the police were warning of additional bombs planted in various locations around the city. But shutting down life for 4+ million people just because there's a suspect or two on the run seems to be giving the criminals exactly the attention they crave.

Secondly, what kind of idiot criminals would remain in the city where they planted the bombs? You'd think any criminal in their shoes and possessing half a brain would've fled the state, if not the country, by now.
Highest score: 2221
Major Ray Rider

Postby Gilligan on Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:49 pm

Nice to know there's always someone who will still f*ck things up. :roll:

I guess you do not understand the points of staying off the streets.
Captain Gilligan

Postby saxitoxin on Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:57 pm

Ray Rider wrote:But shutting down life for 4+ million people just because there's a suspect or two on the run seems to be giving the criminals exactly the attention they crave.

I sort-of agree. Bostonians are taking to the internet to express this keyboard bravado while they safely lock themselves in buildings and let their 20,000 man armed police force attempt, and fail, to capture a single 19 year old whose training consists of 2 years on the H.S. wrestling team.

While it's prudent and the best course-of-action to stay indoors and such, it's typically Hollywood-inspired triumphalism to swing from the branches yelling "yeah! woooh! we're boston - don't mess with us!" from your Facebook page while hiding in the bathtub. That's the result of all these Revenge Porn fantasy films like "Inglorius Basterds" that are popular nowadays.

(apologies in advance for everyone whom this will invariably offend; this is not intended as a slight against Boston, similar reaction would be seen in any western city these days)
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby 2dimes on Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:07 pm

Um, Charles Bronson?
Corporal 2dimes

Postby Haggis_McMutton on Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:34 pm

If only I could figure out how to set up my crawler to detect all threads that devolved into flame wars because of scotty being (intentionally?) vague and then continually moving the goal posts rather than just fuckin' saying "my bad" and moving on.

if only ...
Highest score: 3063; Highest position: 67;
Winner of {World War II tournament, -team 2010 Skilled Diversity, [FuN||Chewy]-[XII] USA};
8-3-7
Major Haggis_McMutton

Postby Lootifer on Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:38 pm

Phatscotty wrote: If you lived in Boston, and someone who was not a police officer was kicking in your locked door, or breaking through your locked window......what would you do?

I would phone the police and then flee via the opposite end of the property; ensuring anyone less able than my self was put into a safe position first.
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby nietzsche on Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:17 pm

I just read the news. Ridiculous.

Ridiculous.
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby nietzsche on Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:20 pm

The US government playing with their puppet little minds.

Fear, fear.

Have a 250K house, 3 cars, expensive stuff, but fear.. FEAR.

Ridiculous.
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

PreviousNext

Return to Out, out, brief candle!