Conquer Club

Remembering a war reporter

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Remembering a war reporter

Postby Symmetry on Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:22 pm

thegreekdog wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
You were never a neutral mod. And I fully expected the "shove it" bit once you didn't have to pretend.

Define "neutral mod."

Let's face it, your schtick as a mod was always kinda trollish.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby thegreekdog on Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:26 pm

Symmetry wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
You were never a neutral mod. And I fully expected the "shove it" bit once you didn't have to pretend.

Define "neutral mod."

Okay, well first, I need to understand what your definition of a neutral mod is. An example would be good too, but I won't be picky. I already know that you don't like my definition of "neutral mod" so I want to find some common ground first.

Obviously, I disagree with that last sentence since I didn't have a "schtick" and I'm pretty sure I wasn't a troll when I was a moderator anymore than I am now.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby Symmetry on Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:39 pm

thegreekdog wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

Define "neutral mod."

Okay, well first, I need to understand what your definition of a neutral mod is. An example would be good too, but I won't be picky. I already know that you don't like my definition of "neutral mod" so I want to find some common ground first.

Obviously, I disagree with that last sentence since I didn't have a "schtick" and I'm pretty sure I wasn't a troll when I was a moderator anymore than I am now.

You had a schtick.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby thegreekdog on Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:42 pm

If I had a schtick it was "not banning people for stupid shit."

So I'm assuming you're not going to answer my questions and this discussion is practically over; I suppose I'm now trolling you.

Postby Symmetry on Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:42 pm

Ok- you know what- simple question- TGD

Did becoming a mod change your style of posting?

Did stopping being a mod change your style of posting?

Essentially- did you have a schtick as a mod?
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby thegreekdog on Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:57 pm

Symmetry wrote:Ok- you know what- simple question- TGD

Did becoming a mod change your style of posting?

Did stopping being a mod change your style of posting?

Essentially- did you have a schtick as a mod?

Not really. I might have used less curse words maybe. I also actively tried to participate and/or create non-political threads to appease people who though OT was too political (note: it didn't help).

No. I don't think anything has changed (except I haven't created any threads since I got back).

No.

I honest to goodness do not understand what you're talking about here. I do understand that you're annoyed that I do not ban people that you believe troll you. I get that. Join the club. There are a lot of you. Can't do anything about it and wouldn't if I could.

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:19 am

Sym, would you mind stop trolling TGD? It's not cool.

We know that you were annoyed when saxi mentioned how ridiculous your OP was in comparison to the deaths of Arab reporters, but that in no way is trolling, and even if it was, it doesn't justify your trolling TGD.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby thegreekdog on Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:11 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:Sym, would you mind stop trolling TGD? It's not cool.

We know that you were annoyed when saxi mentioned how ridiculous your OP was in comparison to the deaths of Arab reporters, but that in no way is trolling, and even if it was, it doesn't justify your trolling TGD.

Are you saying he won the argument with me and I should therefore report him for trolling?

Postby Symmetry on Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:22 am

thegreekdog wrote:

Are you saying he won the argument with me and I should therefore report him for trolling?

Figuring out what BBS is saying is punishment enough for both of us.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:28 am

thegreekdog wrote:

By all means, do so! Report me too for good measure. And report yourself as well.

Lemme know, so that I can follow up with similar series of Reports! This way, our bases are completely covered.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Symmetry on Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:31 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:

By all means, do so! Report me too for good measure. And report yourself as well.

Lemme know, so that I can follow up with similar series of Reports! This way, our bases are completely covered.

QED
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:16 pm

Symmetry wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:

QED

HOW DARE YOU!

Reported for trolling.
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby saxitoxin on Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:55 pm

About 50 white Australians organized a "flash mob" to support the "Free Syrian Army" (which is mostly composed of Turkish special forces) in Sydney --

In response, more than 2,000 Syrian-Australians rallied in Sydney chanting "God, Syria, Bashar - that's all!" in support of President Assad and the Ba'ath Party and in opposition to NATO-backed Islamic fundamentalism and terrorism.

Corporal saxitoxin

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,