Conquer Club

Male Circumcision

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

What do you think of Male Circumcision?

Total votes : 0

Male Circumcision

Postby bedub1 on Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:30 pm

What do you think of it?
Colonel bedub1

Re: Male Circumcision

Postby Timminz on Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:36 pm

Why can't I pick all four options?
Captain Timminz

Postby notyou2 on Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:32 pm

Is it true that they use the leftovers to make calamari?
Captain notyou2

Postby chapcrap on Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:38 pm

notyou2 wrote:Is it true that they use the leftovers to make calamari?

I love calamari.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Woodruff on Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:38 pm

I'm fairly ignorant on the issue, to be honest. As I understand things, there may be some cleanliness issues with not circumcising? Other than that, I don't suppose it really helps anything...
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby bedub1 on Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:52 pm

Woodruff wrote:I'm fairly ignorant on the issue, to be honest. As I understand things, there may be some cleanliness issues with not circumcising? Other than that, I don't suppose it really helps anything...

The cleanliness was a factor 2000 years ago before running water and soap. Now days guys can be counted on to clean their penis's.
Colonel bedub1

Postby Woodruff on Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:54 pm

bedub1 wrote:
Woodruff wrote:I'm fairly ignorant on the issue, to be honest. As I understand things, there may be some cleanliness issues with not circumcising? Other than that, I don't suppose it really helps anything...

The cleanliness was a factor 2000 years ago before running water and soap. Now days guys can be counted on to clean their penis's.

You say that...and yet, I've seen some students who...well...if nothing else is clean, why would that be?
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Postby bedub1 on Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:59 pm

Woodruff wrote:
bedub1 wrote:

You say that...and yet, I've seen some students who...well...if nothing else is clean, why would that be?

Maybe that will help prevent them from reproducing and clean up the gene pool? Some guy whips out a dirty one and the girls will go running?
Colonel bedub1

Postby MeDeFe on Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:25 pm

Woodruff wrote:
bedub1 wrote:

The studies I've seen that indicated any hygienic benefit included the entirety of Africa, where running water and soap are in very short supply in many parts. Ongoing wars and several hundred years of economic exploitation can have that effect. Addressing those issues will do a lot more good than cutting off people's foreskins.

With that out of the way, even if there were a demonstrable positive effect when water and soap are applied correctly and regularly, circumcision should not take place until the person in question is old enough to give informed consent to the procedure. You don't go and remove your child's earlobes, nipples or appendix either unless there's an immediate medical reason to do so.
That's why I voted for the third option, if there's a medical reason to remove the foreskin, be it cancer, severe phimosis, an otherwise untreatable or difficult to treat infection or something, go ahead and have the surgery done on your child. If there's no such reason, circumcision is mutilation.

And fuck religion and tradition. Religious freedom does not mean you get to decide what religious rites someone else has to go through. If your child wants to go through with it when he's old enough to decide on his own, more power to him and you! Cut if off. Go nuts! Well, maybe not literally that far...

With my own rant out of the way I leave you with Penn & Teller's Bullshit episode on circumcision. This episode includes some very graphic images. Newborns having their foreskins cut off, going into neurogenic shock, and a penis with a reconstructed foreskin.
You have been warned.
show
saxitoxin wrote:Your position is more complex than the federal tax code. As soon as I think I understand it, I find another index of cross-references, exceptions and amendments I have to apply.
Timminz wrote:Yo mama is so classless, she could be a Marxist utopia.
Major MeDeFe

Location: Follow the trail of holes in other people's arguments.

Postby Timminz on Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:49 pm

A friend of mine had to be circumcised at 19. He said it was the most painful thing he's ever experienced.

Moral of the story: wash yo' dick.
Captain Timminz

Postby Haggis_McMutton on Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:49 pm

MeDeFe wrote:
show

They should make that episode about Jungian philosophy that they mentioned at the begining.

Also, nice to see you posting more again.
Highest score: 3063; Highest position: 67;
Winner of {World War II tournament, -team 2010 Skilled Diversity, [FuN||Chewy]-[XII] USA};
8-3-7
Major Haggis_McMutton

Postby saxitoxin on Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:09 pm

There are too many circumcision threads in the forum right now.

This is Conquer Club -

This is Circumcision Club -

We are currently in Conquer Club. THANK YOU.
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby Ray Rider on Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:09 pm

It's cleaner and healthier so if you want it or you want it for your little boys, more power to ya! But at my age, I'll pass.
Highest score: 2221
Major Ray Rider

Postby Woodruff on Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:11 pm

MeDeFe wrote:The studies I've seen that indicated any hygienic benefit included the entirety of Africa, where running water and soap are in very short supply in many parts. Ongoing wars and several hundred years of economic exploitation can have that effect. Addressing those issues will do a lot more good than cutting off people's foreskins.

No question of that.

MeDeFe wrote:Religious freedom does not mean you get to decide what religious rites someone else has to go through.

I do agree with that.

MeDeFe wrote:With my own rant out of the way I leave you with Penn & Teller's Bullshit episode on circumcision. This episode includes some very graphic images. Newborns having their foreskins cut off, going into neurogenic shock, and a penis with a reconstructed foreskin.
You have been warned.
show

I shall just go ahead and not click on that, thank you for the warning...

Postby vodean on Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:18 pm

circumcision is the difference between 8======D and 8======>.
you you want to be smaller, pointier, and have a much reduced chance of getting or carrying STDs? pick option 2. otherwise, pick #1
<NoSurvivorsā€ŗ then vote chuck for being an info whore
Sergeant vodean

Postby natty dread on Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:58 pm

Ray Rider wrote:It's cleaner and healthier so if you want it or you want it for your little boys, more power to ya!

So you think children are playthings you can do anything you want with, gotcha.

Do you also think parents have the right to rape their children if they want? More power to them?
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby natty dread on Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:00 am

Also, the whole argument of "circumcision for keeping the penis clean" is stupid.

Chopping off foreskins because it makes cleaning the penis easier is the same as chopping off your toes in order to make cleaning your feet easier.

Postby BigBallinStalin on Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:03 am

Haggis_McMutton wrote:
MeDeFe wrote:
show

They should make that episode about Jungian philosophy that they mentioned at the begining.

Also, nice to see you posting more again.

I could only watch about 4 minutes of that video. Surprisingly, it really got to me...

It's strange that such a barbaric practice is so widely performed in the US. I guess in another 100 years, people will look at us and say, "wow, what a bunch of idiots."
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby natty dread on Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:21 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:in another 100 years, people will look at us and say, "wow, what a bunch of dicks."

ftfy

Postby MeDeFe on Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:53 am

Ray Rider wrote:It's cleaner and healthier

Show me the study that hasn't been debunked yet. Water and soap are far more effective.

vodean wrote:much reduced chance of getting or carrying STDs

Sorry to poop on your party, but no such thing has been conclusively proven.
saxitoxin wrote:Your position is more complex than the federal tax code. As soon as I think I understand it, I find another index of cross-references, exceptions and amendments I have to apply.
Timminz wrote:Yo mama is so classless, she could be a Marxist utopia.
Major MeDeFe

Location: Follow the trail of holes in other people's arguments.

Postby Gillipig on Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:54 am

If someone wants to have it removed, let him do it. Just don't force it onto babies just because it was forced onto you when you were a baby.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Woodruff on Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:23 am

MeDeFe wrote:
Ray Rider wrote:It's cleaner and healthier

Show me the study that hasn't been debunked yet. Water and soap are far more effective.

Nice try, Dial salesman.

Postby whitestazn88 on Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:12 pm

natty dread wrote:Also, the whole argument of "circumcision for keeping the penis clean" is stupid.

Chopping off foreskins because it makes cleaning the penis easier is the same as chopping off your toes in order to make cleaning your feet easier.

holy shit.... going to chop off my toes, bbl
Lieutenant whitestazn88

Postby Timminz on Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:31 pm

Having a foreskin makes sex feel better.
Captain Timminz

Postby Army of GOD on Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:39 pm

natty(_)dread: "it's ok to kill a child while it's in the womb, but f*ck, don't you dare cut its dick off"
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Next

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,