Conquer Club

Romney/Ryan VS. Obama/Biden

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Romney/Ryan Ticket

Postby Phatscotty on Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:24 pm

On the other hand....Paul Ryan vs. Joe Biden in a national debate!

I can only hope he has learned how to hold back and restrain himself and only turn it on and turn it up when the time is right, no matter what.
Major Phatscotty

Postby Woodruff on Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:26 pm

Phatscotty wrote:On the other hand....Paul Ryan vs. Joe Biden in a national debate!

Anytime we can get Biden into a debate, I'm happy. I don't typically care for debates any more,
as I see them as just dog-and-pony shows, but Biden gives me a reason to watch. Though that
reason really doesn't have anything to do with the issues or their positions.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby jay_a2j on Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:37 am

Frigidus wrote:So who else isn't voting for either of the assholes the two major parties are running? I'm still not sure which third party/write in I'm going to go with, but I certainly won't be providing any legitimacy to the big business duopoly.

W.Bush was the last Republicrat I voted for. And never again. (Except Ron Paul of course) ;)
THE DEBATE IS OVER...
PLAYER57832 wrote:Too many of those who claim they don't believe global warming are really "end-timer" Christians.

JESUS SAVES!!!
Lieutenant jay_a2j

Postby Phatscotty on Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:19 pm

jay_a2j wrote:
Frigidus wrote:So who else isn't voting for either of the assholes the two major parties are running? I'm still not sure which third party/write in I'm going to go with, but I certainly won't be providing any legitimacy to the big business duopoly.

W.Bush was the last Republicrat I voted for. And never again. (Except Ron Paul of course) ;)

It's just as okay to vote against someone as it is to vote for someone. Sometimes, you have to be a protector of the Republic, and not always "savior or nothing!"
Major Phatscotty

Postby GreecePwns on Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:23 pm

Romney/Ryan 2012
Because it's just as okay to vote against someone as it is to vote for someone.
Chariot of Fire wrote:As for GreecePwns.....yeah, what? A massive debt. Get a job you slacker.

Viceroy wrote:[The Biblical creation story] was written in a time when there was no way to confirm this fact and is in fact a statement of the facts.
Corporal GreecePwns

Postby jay_a2j on Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:37 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
jay_a2j wrote:

It's just as okay to vote against someone as it is to vote for someone. Sometimes, you have to be a protector of the Republic, and not always "savior or nothing!"

I'm of the opinion that the Dems and Reps are two sides of the same coin. Both are taking this country where they want it to go, they "appear" as if there are great differences between them when in reality they are working together towards the same end. The end of a republic. I choose not to vote for that end.
THE DEBATE IS OVER...
PLAYER57832 wrote:Too many of those who claim they don't believe global warming are really "end-timer" Christians.

JESUS SAVES!!!
Lieutenant jay_a2j

Postby patrickaa317 on Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:46 pm

jay_a2j wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
jay_a2j wrote:

I'm of the opinion that the Dems and Reps are two sides of the same coin. Both are taking this country where they want it to go, they "appear" as if there are great differences between them when in reality they are working together towards the same end. The end of a republic. I choose not to vote for that end.

I'd agree with this though I agree one party will get us to that "same end" at a slower pace so I feel as though I have to vote for that.
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby jay_a2j on Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:07 pm

patrickaa317 wrote:
I'd agree with this though I agree one party will get us to that "same end" at a slower pace so I feel as though I have to vote for that.

I know many people who feel the same as you. If I'm about the be robbed, beaten and left for dead by either someone who will do it quickly or someone who will take his time, I'm going to choose the 3rd guy who has no intention of harming me. This is just me not wanting to support in any way the altering of America. Our freedoms are being taken away slowly. Because their chances of succeeding greatly increases if our freedoms are taken from us slowly, not causing alarm. I see the Major of NYC wanting to ban 20 oz. soda's, banning salt on the tables of restaurants, banning smoking in private businesses as an assault on FREEDOM. But as you can see most people just comply with any new government regulation. It has been suggested in NY that a law be passed to outlaw smoking in your car if there are children in it. They will have to just arrest me.

"It's a Republic if you can keep it"
THE DEBATE IS OVER...

JESUS SAVES!!!
Lieutenant jay_a2j

Postby BigBallinStalin on Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:20 pm

jay_a2j wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
jay_a2j wrote:

If you did vote independent, or if you could vote for anyone, who would it be?

("Jesus" or "God" is not an option at this ballot).
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Juan_Bottom on Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:43 am

GreecePwns wrote:Romney/Ryan 2012
Because it's just as okay to vote against someone as it is to vote for someone.

lol
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom

Postby Phatscotty on Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:47 am

There is a Marxist sitting in the White House. Is that really okay with you?

Major Phatscotty

Postby saxitoxin on Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:54 am

Phatscotty wrote:There is a Marxist sitting in the White House. Is that really okay with you?

loved that ad! +80 SaxBucks to Scott for historical reference

Corporal saxitoxin

Postby Phatscotty on Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:54 am

patrickaa317 wrote:
jay_a2j wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
jay_a2j wrote:

That is true. But who is more likely to be moved by a Tea Party majority in the house sending legislation to a Republican majority in the Senate.....Obama? or Romney?

What about Supreme Court Justices? Who do you want appointing them....Obama? or Romney?
Major Phatscotty

Postby heavycola on Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:12 am

jay_a2j wrote:It has been suggested in NY that a law be passed to outlaw smoking in your car if there are children in it. They will have to just arrest me.

Smoking in a car with kids in it? jay, your drug addiction is spiralling out of control. seek help.
Corporal 1st Class heavycola

Postby GreecePwns on Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:11 am

Phatscotty wrote:There is a Marxist sitting in the White House. Is that really okay with you?

Chariot of Fire wrote:As for GreecePwns.....yeah, what? A massive debt. Get a job you slacker.

Viceroy wrote:[The Biblical creation story] was written in a time when there was no way to confirm this fact and is in fact a statement of the facts.
Corporal GreecePwns

Postby jay_a2j on Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:26 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:If you did vote independent, or if you could vote for anyone, who would it be?

("Jesus" or "God" is not an option at this ballot).

Ron Paul or anyone similar
THE DEBATE IS OVER...

JESUS SAVES!!!
Lieutenant jay_a2j

Postby Woodruff on Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:41 pm

There is a troll in our fora. Why is that ok with the moderators?
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Re: Romney/Ryan VS. Obama/Biden

Postby Phatscotty on Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:48 pm

What's going on with CNN lately? First, Fareed Zacharia gets suspended for plagiarizing in an overzealous hit piece against gun ownership, and now Soledad O'brien is caught plagiarizing a blog site! People at MSNBC get suspended and call in sick and take long vacation all the time. Bob Beckel, one of the many Liberals on Fox has been suspended a few times in just the last few months, something Glenn Beck never managed to do once. NBC has fired numerous people for editing tapes, such as in the Zimmerman case. ABC is about to fire Brian Ross for his overzealous witch hunting.....

The left leaning media has lost A LOT of their credibility this year. That is the same media that Obama had in his pocket in 2008. I don't think controlling the media is going to work this time...

Last edited by Phatscotty on Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major Phatscotty

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:51 pm

Phatscotty wrote:What's going on with CNN lately? First, Fareed Zacharia gets suspended for plagiarizing in an overzealous hit piece against gun ownership, and now Soledad O'brien is caught plagiarizing a blog site! People at MSNBC get suspended and call in sick and take long vacation all the time. Bob Beckel, one of the many Liberals on Fox has been suspended a few times in just the last few months, something Glenn Beck never managed to do once. NBC has fired numerous people for editing tapes, such as in the Zimmerman case. ABC is about to fire Brian Ross.....

The left leaning media has lost A LOT of their credibility this year. That is the same media that Obama had in his pocket in 2008. I don't think controlling the media is going to work this time...

If it wasn't for you, Phatscotty, I'd never get any reliable news!

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Phatscotty on Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:17 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:What's going on with CNN lately? First, Fareed Zacharia gets suspended for plagiarizing in an overzealous hit piece against gun ownership, and now Soledad O'brien is caught plagiarizing a blog site! People at MSNBC get suspended and call in sick and take long vacation all the time. Bob Beckel, one of the many Liberals on Fox has been suspended a few times in just the last few months, something Glenn Beck never managed to do once. NBC has fired numerous people for editing tapes, such as in the Zimmerman case. ABC is about to fire Brian Ross.....

If it wasn't for you, Phatscotty, I'd never get any reliable news!

--Andy

I know right! When so many at CNN, MSNBC, ABC, NBC, CBS, and TIME are getting fired and suspended, it really opens the door for us little guys!

I will miss Dylan Ratigan! But not Keith Olberman :sick:
Major Phatscotty

Postby Woodruff on Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:23 pm

Phatscotty wrote:What's going on with CNN lately? First, Fareed Zacharia gets suspended for plagiarizing in an overzealous hit piece against gun ownership, and now Soledad O'brien is caught plagiarizing a blog site! People at MSNBC get suspended and call in sick and take long vacation all the time. Bob Beckel, one of the many Liberals on Fox has been suspended a few times in just the last few months, something Glenn Beck never managed to do once. NBC has fired numerous people for editing tapes, such as in the Zimmerman case. ABC is about to fire Brian Ross for his overzealous witch hunting.....

Let me get this straight...the fact that "the left leaning media" has been reprimanding and disciplining their reporters for misconduct is somehow a reason why "the left leaning media has lost A LOT of their credibility this year"? That actually makes sense to you?

Postby Symmetry on Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:33 pm

Of course! Conservative media pundits are rarely punished for things, therefore, they must not be doing anything wrong.

Standards, eh?

Just to recap the major media scandals of late:

Liberal leaning: Possible plagiarism of blog quotes and a paragraph in the New Yorker.

Conservative Leaning: Systematic phone hacking, bribery, blackmail, interfering with police investigations, lying to police and government investigators, corrupt monopoly practices...

Hmm, I still go with CNN for dealing harshly with the relatively minor stuff regarding individual reporters than the Murdoch press with its systematic corruption from top to bottom
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Phatscotty on Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:14 pm

Okay, i shit you not....this just happened about an hour ago. Perhaps there is something to what I have been saying

@ 55 seconds

I think he gets fired this time. These people just cannot seem to hold it together. What is going on?
Major Phatscotty

Postby Night Strike on Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:23 pm

Woodruff wrote:

Where's the trolling? Phatscotty made an evaluative statement that is actually becoming supported by more information as more people actually investigate Obama's personal history.

Woodruff wrote:Let me get this straight...the fact that "the left leaning media" has been reprimanding and disciplining their reporters for misconduct is somehow a reason why "the left leaning media has lost A LOT of their credibility this year"? That actually makes sense to you?

Actually, it's because they're conducting the misconduct in the first place.

Symmetry wrote:Conservative Leaning: Systematic phone hacking, bribery, blackmail, interfering with police investigations, lying to police and government investigators, corrupt monopoly practices...

Irrelevant to US politics because none of it took place in the US (or was in any way related to the US).
Major Night Strike

Postby Woodruff on Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:31 pm

Night Strike wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

Where's the trolling? Phatscotty made an evaluative statement that is actually becoming supported by more information as more people actually investigate Obama's personal history.

Well, at least Phatscotty has the one other guy in these fora that calls Obama a Marxist on his side...

Night Strike wrote:
Woodruff wrote:Let me get this straight...the fact that "the left leaning media" has been reprimanding and disciplining their reporters for misconduct is somehow a reason why "the left leaning media has lost A LOT of their credibility this year"? That actually makes sense to you?

Actually, it's because they're conducting the misconduct in the first place.

That's precisely the point you're not getting..."the left leaning media" isn't conducting misconduct. Individual reporters are conducting misconduct. The "left leaning media" is punishing those who are committing the misconduct. That's like blaming the police for arresting a criminal.

Night Strike wrote:
Symmetry wrote:Conservative Leaning: Systematic phone hacking, bribery, blackmail, interfering with police investigations, lying to police and government investigators, corrupt monopoly practices...

Irrelevant to US politics because none of it took place in the US (or was in any way related to the US).

Somehow, I suspect that if a Soros organization was doing this sort of stuff overseas, it would suddenly be relevant to you...

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,