Conquer Club

Romney/Ryan VS. Obama/Biden

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Romney/Ryan VS. Obama/Biden

Postby comic boy on Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:18 am

Phatscotty wrote:What's going on with CNN lately? First, Fareed Zacharia gets suspended for plagiarizing in an overzealous hit piece against gun ownership, and now Soledad O'brien is caught plagiarizing a blog site! People at MSNBC get suspended and call in sick and take long vacation all the time. Bob Beckel, one of the many Liberals on Fox has been suspended a few times in just the last few months, something Glenn Beck never managed to do once. NBC has fired numerous people for editing tapes, such as in the Zimmerman case. ABC is about to fire Brian Ross for his overzealous witch hunting.....

The left leaning media has lost A LOT of their credibility this year. That is the same media that Obama had in his pocket in 2008. I don't think controlling the media is going to work this time...

Wow
Obama has lost media control , Hispanics have turned their back to him , Joe Average wont give him the time of day..........Yet he is still firm favourite to win :o
Is it , and I know this is a huge stretch , just possible that Scotty and NS have misrepresented current public opinion :o , or are we dealing with a plague of Democrat voting Zombies.
Im a TOFU miSfit
Brigadier comic boy

Postby Night Strike on Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:23 am

comic boy wrote:Yet he is still firm favourite to win :o

Where? New York maybe?
Major Night Strike

Postby SirSebstar on Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:44 am

Ney York, and the rest of the country, even alabama aka al obama
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Re: Romney/Ryan Ticket

Postby Phatscotty on Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:45 pm

Night Strike wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:There is a Marxist sitting in the White House. Is that really okay with you?

There is a troll in our fora. Why is that ok with the moderators?

Where's the trolling? Phatscotty made an evaluative statement that is actually becoming supported by more information as more people actually investigate Obama's personal history.

Woodruff wrote:Let me get this straight...the fact that "the left leaning media" has been reprimanding and disciplining their reporters for misconduct is somehow a reason why "the left leaning media has lost A LOT of their credibility this year"? That actually makes sense to you?

Actually, it's because they're conducting the misconduct in the first place.

Symmetry wrote:Conservative Leaning: Systematic phone hacking, bribery, blackmail, interfering with police investigations, lying to police and government investigators, corrupt monopoly practices...

Irrelevant to US politics because none of it took place in the US (or was in any way related to the US).

Thanks Strike, but woodruff is just trying to get a rise out of me. For woodruff, the details are important because these media people are taking the side of Obama, against Romney.

And to steal the answer to Woodruff's questions to Strike, if I may step into Woody's world for a moment. All these media reporters from MSNBC, NBC, CNN, ABC, CBS, TIME, the one guy from Fox (Beckel) getting suspended and fired...noooooooo, that does not hurt their credibility! Getting fired and suspended for plagiarism, dishonest editing, conclusions without any evidence to support, totally losing their cool and cussing on TV, breaking the rules about giving money to political campaigns.....that HELPS their credibility! :twisted:
Major Phatscotty

Postby Phatscotty on Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:48 pm

comic boy wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:What's going on with CNN lately? First, Fareed Zacharia gets suspended for plagiarizing in an overzealous hit piece against gun ownership, and now Soledad O'brien is caught plagiarizing a blog site! People at MSNBC get suspended and call in sick and take long vacation all the time. Bob Beckel, one of the many Liberals on Fox has been suspended a few times in just the last few months, something Glenn Beck never managed to do once. NBC has fired numerous people for editing tapes, such as in the Zimmerman case. ABC is about to fire Brian Ross for his overzealous witch hunting.....

The left leaning media has lost A LOT of their credibility this year. That is the same media that Obama had in his pocket in 2008. I don't think controlling the media is going to work this time...

Wow
Obama has lost media control , Hispanics have turned their back to him , Joe Average wont give him the time of day..........Yet he is still firm favourite to win :o
Is it , and I know this is a huge stretch , just possible that Scotty and NS have misrepresented current public opinion :o , or are we dealing with a plague of Democrat voting Zombies.

Yes. We are the one's plagiarizing and editing tapes..... :roll: Comic zooms right past the professionals caught red handed, ignores it, and then puts the focus on PS and NS.
Major Phatscotty

Postby Phatscotty on Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:56 pm

Perhaps a little education is in order. These guys cannot begin to have the proper context without certain bits of true information....straight from the horses mouth

We Control the News Media - Anita Dunn Barack Obama's Communications Whitehouse Director
"Very rarely did we communicate with the press about anything we did not absolutely control" @2:15

Anita Dun, Obama's handpicked Communications Director - "My favorite philosopher, and who I turn to most (...Communist leader of China and hands down largest mass murderer in history) Mao Zedong"

how they controlled the media to spin what they wanted out there. She explains how the Obama campaign controlled the spin and "worked" the Mainstream Media. Whoever controls the media controls the masses and the spin like true totalitarians.

Of course the Media went along with this because they wanted Barack Obama to win. If they didn't they would've ran more stories about his lack of experience and his old ties with questionable charters, (not to mention even speaking about his college transcripts, while today the media is going through all Paul Ryan's college records and interviewing Ryan's college professors....)

But this should be an embarrassment to the mainstream news media like NBC, MSNBC, CNN, ABC and CBS that those in power can control you, but then again the majority of them back and protected Obama and are still doing it today. They should do their job, instead of attacking those who are asking questions of those in power.

This is one reason the Obama Whitehouse is going after Fox News because they can't control them.
Major Phatscotty

Postby comic boy on Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:05 pm

Night Strike wrote:

Where? New York maybe?

You need to recognise that hope and desire do not equate to reality , delusion can lead to serious problems.
Im a TOFU miSfit
Brigadier comic boy

Postby Phatscotty on Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:08 pm

comic boy wrote:
Night Strike wrote:

Where? New York maybe?

You need to recognise that hope and desire do not equate to reality , delusion can lead to serious problems.

Strike, you are supposed to think how the polls tell you to think, believe as the polls tell you to believe. But that won't in any way make you a zombie, so don't worry.
Major Phatscotty

Postby GreecePwns on Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:10 pm

Yep, the polls are telling you to vote for Obama.

They most certainly are NOT telling you what people are voting for.

2/10, +1 for use of the word "zombie."
Chariot of Fire wrote:As for GreecePwns.....yeah, what? A massive debt. Get a job you slacker.

Viceroy wrote:[The Biblical creation story] was written in a time when there was no way to confirm this fact and is in fact a statement of the facts.
Corporal GreecePwns

Postby comic boy on Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:11 pm

Phatscotty wrote:Perhaps a little education is in order. These guys cannot begin to have the proper context without certain bits of true information....straight from the horses mouth

We Control the News Media - Anita Dunn Barack Obama's Communications Whitehouse Director
"Very rarely did we communicate with the press about anything we did not absolutely control" @2:15

Anita Dun, Obama's handpicked Communications Director - "My favorite philosopher, and who I turn to most (...Communist leader of China and hands down largest mass murderer in history) Mao Zedong"

how they controlled the media to spin what they wanted out there. She explains how the Obama campaign controlled the spin and "worked" the Mainstream Media. Whoever controls the media controls the masses and the spin like true totalitarians.

Of course the Media went along with this because they wanted Barack Obama to win. If they didn't they would've ran more stories about his lack of experience and his old ties with questionable charters, (not to mention even speaking about his college transcripts, while today the media is going through all Paul Ryan's college records and interviewing Ryan's college professors....)

But this should be an embarrassment to the mainstream news media like NBC, MSNBC, CNN, ABC and CBS that those in power can control you, but then again the majority of them back and protected Obama and are still doing it today. They should do their job, instead of attacking those who are asking questions of those in power.

This is one reason the Obama Whitehouse is going after Fox News because they can't control them.

But you have already stated that the left wing media is compromised and will not benefit Obama, nothing for you to worry about then :D
Im a TOFU miSfit
Brigadier comic boy

Postby comic boy on Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:16 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
comic boy wrote:
Night Strike wrote:

Where? New York maybe?

Strike, you are supposed to think how the polls tell you to think, believe as the polls tell you to believe. But that won't in any way make you a zombie, so don't worry.

Im sorry to hear about the subliminal messages you are picking up and those irksome voices in your head , I did say that delusion leads to further problems.
Im a TOFU miSfit
Brigadier comic boy

Postby Woodruff on Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:06 pm

Phatscotty wrote:Thanks Strike, but woodruff is just trying to get a rise out of me. For woodruff, the details are important because these media people are taking the side of Obama, against Romney.

Are you actually retarded? I don't mean that as a flame...I mean that as a sincere question? Phatscotty...are you mentally retarded? Because I think that you really must be to make such a ridiculous statement. You are definitely coming across as an individual who is thoroughly unable to grasp the real world, never mind the very real facts presented before you. Not only do I question your integrity now, but I am seriously questioning your intelligence level.

Hey, looks like maybe Phatscotty's gonna get me banned again, this time for asking a serious question. But hey, he doesn't troll, right?

BigBallinStalin...this is your new and improved Phatscotty? Shit...he's no different than the old one at all.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby Lootifer on Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:27 pm

While I wont be as harsh, this thread does have a high content of phattism.
I go to the gym to justify my mockery of fat people.
Lieutenant Lootifer

Postby Phatscotty on Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:32 pm

comic boy wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:Perhaps a little education is in order. These guys cannot begin to have the proper context without certain bits of true information....straight from the horses mouth

But you have already stated that the left wing media is compromised and will not benefit Obama, nothing for you to worry about then :D

Comic Boy, you are right.
Major Phatscotty

Postby Phatscotty on Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:34 pm

Woodruff wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:Thanks Strike, but woodruff is just trying to get a rise out of me. For woodruff, the details are important because these media people are taking the side of Obama, against Romney.

Are you actually retarded? I don't mean that as a flame...I mean that as a sincere question? Phatscotty...are you mentally retarded? Because I think that you really must be to make such a ridiculous statement. You are definitely coming across as an individual who is thoroughly unable to grasp the real world, never mind the very real facts presented before you. Not only do I question your integrity now, but I am seriously questioning your intelligence level.

Hey, looks like maybe Phatscotty's gonna get me banned again, this time for asking a serious question. But hey, he doesn't troll, right?

BigBallinStalin...this is your new and improved Phatscotty? Shit...he's no different than the old one at all.

Woodruff...notice you do not even take one second in your blistering tirade of insults to even say what the hell you are talking about?

I wish our conversations were more like this
Major Phatscotty

Postby Phatscotty on Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:01 pm

Should Obama condemn Biden's statement?
Joe Biden wrote:'Going to Put Y'all Back in Chains'

Oh yeah, throw Biden on the list of people going WAY OVER THE LINE recently.
Major Phatscotty

Postby BigBallinStalin on Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:19 pm

Lootifer wrote:While I wont be as harsh, this thread does have a high content of phattism.

Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Night Strike on Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:57 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
comic boy wrote:
Night Strike wrote:

Where? New York maybe?

You mean those polls that are oversampling Democrats by 7-15% yet not making prominent that they're oversampled? (Of course, a lot of that oversampling comes from conservatives who are now independents because of failures of the Republican party but will never vote for Obama because they're true conservatives.)
Major Night Strike

Postby Phatscotty on Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:05 pm

Night Strike wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
comic boy wrote:
Night Strike wrote:

Where? New York maybe?

You mean those polls that are oversampling Democrats by 7-15% yet not making prominent that they're oversampled? (Of course, a lot of that oversampling comes from conservatives who are now independents because of failures of the Republican party but will never vote for Obama because they're true conservatives.)

yes. those polls. I still still think the majority of people who are not sure who they will vote for until 1 minute before they enter the voting booth. For example, sure the polls seem split (like always!!!) but look at how many people think the USA is heading in the wrong direction? It's 72%. And how many think the USA is heading in the right direction? I'll just put it this way, Congress (%7) has a higher approval rating than the amount of people (6%) who think we are heading in the right direction!

Obama's perception has been able to maintain a plane unaffected by the direction of America poll, and that's because of his likability. But when perception meets reality, reality wins every time.

Major Phatscotty

Postby Neato Missile on Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:09 pm

Obama should not condemn Biden's remarks, and the Republican party should praise him as exactly the kind of "straight shooter" they ostensibly love. The metaphor of a chained or shackled American people is common-- Santorum claimed that the ACA "will put you in chains" at his own Iowa State Fair speech last year-- and as Biden himself indicates in his remarks, the Romney campaign has described their plans for deregulation as "unshackling the economy." Whether or not you agree with his larger point, it's unreasonable to claim that Biden was out of line for using the Romney campaign's own imagery against them.
Sergeant 1st Class Neato Missile

Postby Phatscotty on Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:14 pm

Neato Missile wrote:Obama should not condemn Biden's remarks, and the Republican party should praise him as exactly the kind of "straight shooter" they ostensibly love. The metaphor of a chained or shackled American people is common-- Santorum claimed that the ACA "will put you in chains" at his own Iowa State Fair speech last year-- and as Biden himself indicates in his remarks, the Romney campaign has described their plans for deregulation as "unshackling the economy." Whether or not you agree with his larger point, it's unreasonable to claim that Biden was out of line for using the Romney campaign's own imagery against them.

I think the point is that he is talking about putting "people" in chains, not chaining the economy with regulations. If Biden were talking about the economy, then I would have never even asked the question

Also, does what you say hold true, if say, Trent Lott cracks a private joke. not even about slavery, but about segregation, at a birthday party (he had to step down)? Can a Republican say what Joe Biden said, criticism free? Do you think there is a double standard going on here?
Major Phatscotty

Postby Neato Missile on Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:44 pm

Phatscotty wrote:I think the point is that he is talking about putting "people" in chains, not chaining the economy with regulations. If Biden were talking about the economy, then I would have never even asked the question

Also, does what you say hold true, if say, Trent Lott cracks a private joke. not even about slavery, but about segregation, at a birthday party (he had to step down)? Can a Republican say what Joe Biden said, criticism free? Do you think there is a double standard going on here?
I see what you're saying. There is a difference between what language is acceptable to apply to people vs. what is acceptable to apply to abstract concepts, but I truly don't think this crosses a line. He wants to show that deregulation will have a negative effect on peopple, and he does this using the rhetorical device that his opponents have used in the past. "Opponent says Good Thing? More like OPPOSITE OF GOOD THING" is fairly routine political rhetoric, and while I'm not blind to the undertones, the reaction from Romney's campaign has been excessive.

Do you believe there is a double standard? In my last post, I mentioned Santorum talking about how the ACA would put people in chains. As far as I'm aware, there was not a negative reaction to that remark. Likewise, the recent Romney campaign ad claiming that Obama ended work requirements for welfare has come under fire for factual inaccuracies, but not for the "dogwhistle" image of lazy food stamp sponges and welfare queens that it conjures up.

I was not politically aware in 2002, and only have a passing familiarity with the Trent Lott controversy. Was it a joke, or a gaffe? He shouldn't have been pressured to step down (from his role as Senate Republican Leader, not from his Senate seat as I initially believed), but this isn't enough to prove a widespread double standard is at play. Newt Gingrinch said that Obama could only be understood by people who "understand Kenyan, anti-colonial behavior," but he still got to run for the Republican presidential nomination. Elected officials who are or were birthers still hold their positions. Trent Lott is an unfortunate outlier, not evidence of a larger trend.
Sergeant 1st Class Neato Missile

Postby Woodruff on Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:11 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

Woodruff...notice you do not even take one second in your blistering tirade of insults to even say what the hell you are talking about?

"What the hell I was talking about" is your utter unwillingness to do anything much but troll. You made thoroughly idiotic statements which only make you look like an utter buffoon.

Phatscotty wrote:I wish our conversations were more like this

I wish you'd actually try to hold an honest conversation with me.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Postby Phatscotty on Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:23 pm

Woodruff wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

"What the hell I was talking about" is your utter unwillingness to do anything much but troll. You made thoroughly idiotic statements which only make you look like an utter buffoon.

Here's one for honesty.....If you had not started this conversation by calling me a retard, then I might believe your wish to hold honest conversation. What I do believe is that you are completely full of crap, and this is just more crap. There is no fun calling crap crap.
Major Phatscotty

Postby Woodruff on Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:25 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

Here's one for honesty.....If you had not started this conversation by calling me a retard

Let's stop right here...you're trying to contend that I started this conversation by calling you a retard? Really?

Phatscotty wrote:then I might believe your wish to hold honest conversation. What I do believe is that you are completely full of crap, and this is just more crap. There is no fun calling crap crap.

Why are you such an utter failure of a human being?

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,