Conquer Club

Romney/Ryan VS. Obama/Biden

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Romney/Ryan Ticket

Postby QoH on Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:41 am

Frigidus wrote:So who else isn't voting for either of the assholes the two major parties are running? I'm still not sure which third party/write in I'm going to go with, but I certainly won't be providing any legitimacy to the big business duopoly.

Green Party!
Please don't invite me to any pickup games. I will decline the invite.
Major QoH

Postby rdsrds2120 on Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:45 am

QoH wrote:
Frigidus wrote:So who else isn't voting for either of the assholes the two major parties are running? I'm still not sure which third party/write in I'm going to go with, but I certainly won't be providing any legitimacy to the big business duopoly.

Green Party!

Go green!

I was actually really surprised with Paul as a pick, too.

-rd
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby TDK on Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:38 am

karel wrote:i will still vote for obama,better then romney.......

Better how? The fact that a former constitutional scholar sighed bills and execution orders that make a mockery of the constitution is a complete and utter travesty! There's no longer any point to voting for EITHER party, since the rule of law is meaningless to them.
Cadet TDK

Postby BigBallinStalin on Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:51 am

Phatscotty wrote:
Maugena wrote:*Wild Phatscotty appears!*
*Wild Phatscotty uses BRAINWASHED BULLSHIT!*
*Maugena loses 9001 Brain Cells.*
*Maugena's Intelligence is temporarily reduced!*

-How does the rest of the encounter proceed?

Force kick

*Phatscotty misses* (obviously)
*Maugena feints--just in time!*

*Maugena counter-attacks....
*Phatscotty uses Ninja Dodge Smoke
*Maugena misses!

*PhatScotty uses Logic!
**PhatScotty has 0/0 Logic Points, and it fails...
Last edited by BigBallinStalin on Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby BigBallinStalin on Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:54 am

saxitoxin wrote:Paul Ryan, just like Obama, supported TARP. Here he is begging for TARP, almost as sniveling as Obama -

Ron Paul on why Paul Ryan's economic plans are too little, too late -

New Hampshire Tea Party denounces Paul Ryan -

There is much abuzz over Mitt Romney's announcement naming Congressman Paul Ryan from Wisconsin as his vice presidential running mate.

But many see it as unimpressive, and even premature and just another indication of a desperate move to distract from the idea that the "presumptive nominee" has in truth, been fighting for his political life.

http://bedford-nh.patch.com/articles/pa ... o-ron-paul

"Yeah, but Paul Ryan is a... is a... is a... crony capitalist? A "Marxist"? Essentially is a Democrat-Republican?

"NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

saxitoxin wrote:Just posted on the Tea Party website, DailyPaul ...

*All True Tea Party Advocates and True Fiscal Conservatives Become Libertarians*
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Re: Romney to Announce VP Tomorow Morning

Postby Woodruff on Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:49 am

Night Strike wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
Night Strike wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:I recognize August 1st, Chik-Fil-A day, as the MEGA Tea Party event that it was.

Thank you for precisely making my point. I don't believe I could have done so any more succinctly.

Yep, a massive outpouring of support by people who support the ideas of free speech and freedom of religion without the threat of being unconstitutionally blocked and discriminated against from certain cities. That sounds exactly what Tea Party people stand for. We're tired of the liberals and progressives beating us into submission to their politically correct ideas and will stand up for the free speech of others.

Being co-opted by the religious right...that sounds EXACTLY like the Tea Party that you stand for, but not the one I stand for. YOU have provided yet another excellent example of my point in your statements, as well.

It's like the two of you don't even think through the things you say.

Considering I meant everything I said in that statement, I did think through what I said.

Perhaps I should have said "It's like the two of you don't even think through the things you say, if you're trying to show that the Tea Party hasn't been co-opted by the Republican Party.".
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby Night Strike on Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:03 am

Woodruff wrote:Perhaps I should have said "It's like the two of you don't even think through the things you say, if you're trying to show that the Tea Party hasn't been co-opted by the Republican Party.".

So how have they been "co-opted"? Your definition of co-opted is completely wrong when compared to what is really happening: the Tea Party people are remaking the Republican party into a party that will work for fiscal sanity.
Major Night Strike

Postby Woodruff on Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:16 am

Night Strike wrote:
Woodruff wrote:Perhaps I should have said "It's like the two of you don't even think through the things you say, if you're trying to show that the Tea Party hasn't been co-opted by the Republican Party.".

So how have they been "co-opted"? Your definition of co-opted is completely wrong when compared to what is really happening: the Tea Party people are remaking the Republican party into a party that will work for fiscal sanity.

You guys keep saying that, but the evidence keeps showing otherwise. What evidence is there for this "remaking"? Hell, here's an article regarding exactly this:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/post/no-paul-ryan-is-not-courageous/2012/08/11/89a9ee56-e3ed-11e1-a25e-15067bb31849_blog.html
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Postby Woodruff on Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:44 am

Ok, so I don't honestly have a problem with the old man being removed. I do, however, have a pretty big problem with Ryan's comment at the end about the old man's medication, particularly given Ryan's take on the issue:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBhdXfCdaA8&t=0s

Postby Phatscotty on Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:53 am

Kurt Bills, Minnesota Candidate for US Senate and 100% Ron Paul endorsed, on Paul Ryan...

"GOP state Rep. Kurt Bills, who is challenging Sen. Amy Klobuchar for her U.S. Senate seat, made the following statement:

"Mitt Romney made a superb choice! Paul Ryan is a leader in Congress on budget issues, and has led the fight to pass responsible budgets for the past several years. Budget bills that unfortunately have been blocked in the Senate, which has failed to pass their own budget plan in three years. The Senate has been a roadblock, refusing to even pass a budget. I look forward to being a part of new Senate that can work with President Romney and VP Paul Ryan to pass needed reforms that save our future and get our country on the path of true recovery.""

Remember this face, because even though we started out down 20 points, Mr. Bills is going to unseat Senator Amy Klobuchar, but he needs our help.

Public school teacher and Ron Paul endorsed candidate for US Senate in Minnesota Kurt Bills continues to draw parallels between his bid for Senate and Paul Wellstoneā€™s in 1990. Billsā€™ advertisement, ā€œQuick Kurt,ā€ has received criticism from liberals for mirroring Wellstoneā€™s ā€œFast Paulā€ ad from the 1990 race, but the Bills campaign stands by its contention that Bills and Wellstone have much in common as candidates, and that the Bills ad is an homage to Wellstoneā€™s campaign

Anyone who is a Ron Paul fan please look into Kurt Bills and do whatever you can to help get him elected! The Ron Paul delegation RULES the Minnesota Republican Party, and we are dedicated to continuing the growth of the Campaign for Liberty, and adding yet another crucially important piece to the ongoing R[Ģ²Ģ…É™Ģ²Ģ…ŁØĢ²Ģ…Ł„Ģ²Ģ…Ł¦Ģ²Ģ…]ution.
Last edited by Phatscotty on Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Major Phatscotty

Postby Woodruff on Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:56 am

Phatscotty wrote:Kurt Bills, Minnesota Candidate for US Senate and 100% Ron Paul endorsed, on Paul Ryan...

"GOP state Rep. Kurt Bills, who is challenging Sen. Amy Klobuchar for her U.S. Senate seat, made the following statement:

"Mitt Romney made a superb choice! Paul Ryan is a leader in Congress on budget issues, and has led the fight to pass responsible budgets for the past several years. Budget bills that unfortunately have been blocked in the Senate, which has failed to pass their own budget plan in three years. The Senate has been a roadblock, refusing to even pass a budget. I look forward to being a part of new Senate that can work with President Romney and VP Paul Ryan to pass needed reforms that save our future and get our country on the path of true recovery.""

Remember this face, because even though we started out down 20 points, Mr. Bills is going to unseat Senator Amy Klobuchar, but he needs our help.

Public school teacher and Ron Paul endorsed candidate for US Senate in Minnesota Kurt Bills continues to draw parallels between his bid for Senate and Paul Wellstoneā€™s in 1990. Billsā€™ advertisement, ā€œQuick Kurt,ā€ has received criticism from liberals for mirroring Wellstoneā€™s ā€œFast Paulā€ ad from the 1990 race, but the Bills campaign stands by its contention that Bills and Wellstone have much in common as candidates, and that the Bills ad is an homage to Wellstoneā€™s campaign

Anyone who is a Ron Paul fan please look into Kurt Bills and do whatever you can to help get him elected! The Ron Paul delegation RULES the Minnesota Republican Party, and we are dedicated to continuing the growth of the Campaign for Liberty, and adding yet another crucially important piece to the ongoing R[Ģ²Ģ…É™Ģ²Ģ…ŁØĢ²Ģ…Ł„Ģ²Ģ…Ł¦Ģ²Ģ…]ution.

Is this just a distraction attempt, or is there some actual tie-in to the topic?

Postby Symmetry on Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:02 pm

Woodruff wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:Kurt Bills, Minnesota Candidate for US Senate and 100% Ron Paul endorsed, on Paul Ryan...

Is this just a distraction attempt, or is there some actual tie-in to the topic?

Phatscotty wrote:

Should have been your first clue.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Phatscotty on Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:32 pm

freaks :lol:

"Mitt Romney made a superb choice! Paul Ryan (at this time, Symmetry and Woodtroll look at thread title, and their confusion comes to an end!) is a leader in Congress on budget issues, and has led the fight to pass responsible budgets for the past several years. Budget bills that unfortunately have been blocked in the Senate, which has failed to pass their own budget plan in three years. The Senate has been a roadblock, refusing to even pass a budget. I look forward to being a part of new Senate that can work with President Romney and VP Paul Ryan to pass needed reforms that save our future and get our country on the path of true recovery.""

I then went on to "distract" people with explaining who Kurt Bills is, since everyone is not from Minnesota
Major Phatscotty

Postby Symmetry on Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:35 pm

Phatscotty wrote:freaks :lol:

Your second clue.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Phatscotty on Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:38 pm

okay then, why don't you guys just let me know when your posts are worth reading, or when they say something other than "Phatscotty this" and "Phatscotty that". Everything you could say about me has already been said, so eventually you might want to start participating positively in the topics you frequent, rather than troll them
Major Phatscotty

Postby Symmetry on Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:45 pm

Phatscotty wrote:okay then, why don't you guys just let me know when your posts are worth reading, or when they say something other than "Phatscotty this" and "Phatscotty that". Everything you could say about me has already been said, so eventually you might want to start participating positively in the topics you frequent, rather than troll them

Dude, you really want me to PM you whenever I think your contributions would be relevant?

I think you've gone too far into your Batman fantasy here. The Bat-signal would have a broken bulb on this one permanently, especially after Commissioner Gordon got spammed with Glenn Beck videos and pictures of the Tea Party last time he turned the thing on.

But anyway- I'm sure we'll let you know when we're ready for you.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Woodruff on Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:06 pm

Phatscotty wrote:okay then, why don't you guys just let me know when your posts are worth reading, or when they say something other than "Phatscotty this" and "Phatscotty that". Everything you could say about me has already been said, so eventually you might want to start participating positively in the topics you frequent, rather than troll them

I believe I do participate positively in the topics I frequent. I don't believe that you do.

Postby saxitoxin on Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:47 pm

I think Scott raises a relevant and topical point in noting that Kurt Bills supports Paul Ryan. The thread has evolved into a question of whether Paul Ryan is or is not supported by the Tea Party.

That said, while Kurt Bills is supporting Paul Ryan, it appears the people who - in turn - support Kurt Bills are not.

Young Americans for Liberty - the uniformed wing of Ron Paul's CpL - has endorsed Kurt Bills and even raised $20K for him -

http://www.yaliberty.org/pac/candidates/bills

- but they have not endorsed Mitt Romney. They don't even acknowledge that Paul Ryan has been picked on their Facebook page -

http://www.facebook.com/yaliberty

Here's a blog by a YAL supporter that talks about Kurt Bills but has an endorsement for Gary Johnson in the sidebar.

It's understandable Kurt Bills - who needs national GOP establishment $ to contend against Amy - would jump on the bandwagon, however, digging more than an inch below the surface seems to demonstrate that the Paul Ryan pick is receiving as cool a reception from the Tea Party as Mitt Romney himself and will probably push more Tea Party supporters into the Gary Johnson camp (who, incidentally, just got a $1 million donation to his SuperPAC from W.A. Root's network to attack Romney/Ryan in swing states).
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby Phatscotty on Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:53 pm

Paul Ryan qualifies as a small T tea banger. He has been in Congress for over a decade, so obviously he is not part of the true grass roots movement. He certainly paved the way and his best credentials do reside in budgetary issues, issues on which he has stood bravely on in the past and that is respected by the Tea Party. He also represents a lot of the Objectivists in the Tea Party.

I like Ryan, but would not go so far as to embrace him.
Major Phatscotty

Postby saxitoxin on Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:09 pm

Phatscotty wrote:He also represents a lot of the Objectivists in the Tea Party.

I'm not sure his TARP and Patriot Act votes are winning anyone who sees him as more than a softball attempt to salvage a faltering campaign.

Obama should have been the easiest president in history to beat this election but Romney is barely clinging on.
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby BigBallinStalin on Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:33 pm

saxitoxin wrote:

I'm not sure his TARP and Patriot Act votes are winning anyone who sees him as more than a softball attempt to salvage a faltering campaign.

Obama should have been the easiest president in history to beat this election but Romney is barely clinging on.

Why? Do you think it's because the Republicans are unwilling to shift their general message/candidate selection because this could lead to further fragmentation--due to the introduction of Tea Party-esque elements in the GOP?
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby saxitoxin on Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:48 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:

Why? Do you think it's because the Republicans are unwilling to shift their general message/candidate selection because this could lead to further fragmentation--due to the introduction of Tea Party-esque elements in the GOP?

I think the Republican leadership would rather see Obama reelected than front the kind of candidate that could beat him. This could be a sign of corruption, or a sign of rationalism.

Corruption - Obama and Romney are both paid by the same people (Goldman Sachs, UBS, KPMG, BoA, etc.), so they'd rather lose to a family member than lose to an outsider.

Rationalism - Ron Paul, despite the fact I've said nice things about him in the past, is probably affiliated with a subversive organization of some type. Before he jumped into national prominence a few years ago, his big four talking points (Abolish the Fed, Reintroduce Gold Standard, Repeal the 19th Amendment, Withdraw Foreign Troops) were the exact same 4 talking points of the Posse Comitatus (and a few similar groups). Paul suddenly mainstreamed them. The Posse, or, more likely an unnamed group similar to it, can't be put in charge of 10,000 nuclear weapons. There are a lot of wealthy Americans on the fringes of the Republican and Democrat parties who want access to atomic weapons (see: H. Keith Thompson) to thwart a perceived Jewish conspiracy and have the financial and intellectual acumen to pursue a complex program - like buying a relatively unknown Texas congressman - to acquire it.
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby BigBallinStalin on Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:44 pm

That's the strangest use of "Rationalism," I've ever seen, sax.
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby heavycola on Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:01 pm

Juan_Bottom wrote:Image

Yeah, well where is tony huml now? Is he fucking vice-president of the united states of america?
Corporal 1st Class heavycola

Postby Woodruff on Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:06 pm

saxitoxin wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:

I think the Republican leadership would rather see Obama reelected than front the kind of candidate that could beat him.

I agree. Unfortunately.

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,