Conquer Club

<Removed>

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: What is the Republican Party?

Postby Woodruff on Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:26 am

chang50 wrote:
Ray Rider wrote:
chang50 wrote:Surely if we have an omnipotent God he intends for everything that actually happens to happen even if we accept freewill.

Intends? Or allows based on free will? Eg. I could allow a worker at my store to treat a customer terribly, but that doesn't therefore mean that I intend for him to do so.

But unlike you an omniscient God knows in advance how we will use the freewill he has allowed us.As I see it there are inherent contradictions in the concept of the omnimax God accepted by Christian theists,and much has been written about this.
By omnimax I mean omnipresent,omniscient,omnipotent and omnibenevolent.

I understand your point, but there is a distinct difference between "allowing" and "intending".

Don't get me wrong...if God is responsible for bad things that happen because of homosexuals and such, then you sort of lose the opportunity to make that distinction, I think.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby Juan_Bottom on Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:24 pm

Ray Rider wrote:kudos to Woodruff for pointing out the mischaracterization of that fellow. It's clear that he's saying that the life is God's will, unless you have an extreme bias in which case you'll twist anything the "enemy" says to portray it in the absolute worst possible light.

That's not a miss-characterization, what you just said is actually quite horrid.

"Hey I'm sorry that you got raped but God wanted you to have a baby, so congratulations!"

/the religious
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom

Postby Juan_Bottom on Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:27 pm

Victim: I'VE BEEN RAPED AND NOW I'M PREGNANT!

Richard Mourdock: God wills it!

Postby Symmetry on Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:29 pm

So, wait, the rape isn't God's will, but getting pregnant from it is God's will? God just controls the pregnancy part?
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Juan_Bottom on Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:44 pm

You just have extreme bias against God and Republicans.

Postby Woodruff on Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:41 am

...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Postby Night Strike on Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:51 am

Why shouldn't horrible spending plans for the country be stopped in Congress? The president isn't allowed to just unilaterally enact his plans. Starting with Obamacare, Obama decided that he would pass his agenda based on what his party want and refused to work with those who disagreed with him, so why should people who disagree with him now go ahead and give him blank checks?
Major Night Strike

Postby Woodruff on Sat Oct 27, 2012 10:53 am

Night Strike wrote:Why shouldn't horrible spending plans for the country be stopped in Congress? The president isn't allowed to just unilaterally enact his plans. Starting with Obamacare, Obama decided that he would pass his agenda based on what his party want and refused to work with those who disagreed with him, so why should people who disagree with him now go ahead and give him blank checks?

Did you read the articles or just look at the titles? I'm hoping, for your sake, that you only looked at the titles.

Postby Night Strike on Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:01 am

Woodruff wrote:
Night Strike wrote:Why shouldn't horrible spending plans for the country be stopped in Congress? The president isn't allowed to just unilaterally enact his plans. Starting with Obamacare, Obama decided that he would pass his agenda based on what his party want and refused to work with those who disagreed with him, so why should people who disagree with him now go ahead and give him blank checks?

Did you read the articles or just look at the titles? I'm hoping, for your sake, that you only looked at the titles.

So they were successful in slowing down the encroachment of Statism. Good. We don't need more governmental programs and regulations. If those bills were actually cutting the power and size of the government, then they probably shouldn't have been filibustered. But the legislation that expands the government should be filibustered and blocked as much as possible. The government doesn't create jobs: it takes money away from the private sector job creators or prints it out of thin air. The role of the government is to establish a system of law and order and protect the country from outside threats. It's not the government's role to manage the unemployment numbers and to plan the economy.
Major Night Strike

Postby Woodruff on Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:25 am

His "explanation" really isn't helping him any:
http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepolitics/state-legislator-criticized-for-comments-on-rape-hj76f4k-173587961.html

What the f*ck is going on with Republicans and rape? Have they all lost their fucking minds?

Postby Woodruff on Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:26 am

Night Strike wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

So they were successful in slowing down the encroachment of Statism. Good. We don't need more governmental programs and regulations. If those bills were actually cutting the power and size of the government, then they probably shouldn't have been filibustered.

So you didn't bother to look at what those bills were, you're just "OBAMA!!!!!" and happy to do it?

Postby BigBallinStalin on Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:39 pm

Woodruff wrote:His "explanation" really isn't helping him any:
http://www.jsonline.com/news/statepolitics/state-legislator-criticized-for-comments-on-rape-hj76f4k-173587961.html

What the f*ck is going on with Republicans and rape? Have they all lost their fucking minds?

You're starting to sound as irrational as JB.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Night Strike on Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:31 pm

Sounds like perfectly rationale explanation and advise. It can be easy to claim rape if a person decides they regret having consensual sex (or want money, etc.).

Woodruff wrote:
Night Strike wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

So they were successful in slowing down the encroachment of Statism. Good. We don't need more governmental programs and regulations. If those bills were actually cutting the power and size of the government, then they probably shouldn't have been filibustered.

So you didn't bother to look at what those bills were, you're just "OBAMA!!!!!" and happy to do it?

The government doesn't create jobs; the private sector creates jobs. If the government would stop enacting and threatening tax hikes and increases in regulations, the private sector would create jobs.
Major Night Strike

Postby Juan_Bottom on Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:13 pm

Night Strike wrote:The "government" doesn't create jobs; the "private sector" creates jobs. If "the government" would stop enacting and threatening "tax hikes" and increases in "regulations", the "private sector" would create jobs.

Postby Night Strike on Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:20 pm

I'm sorry those words are just figments in your imaginary world Juan. In the real world, those words actually have meaning and consequences.
Major Night Strike

Postby Evil Semp on Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:21 pm

Night Strike wrote:

Sounds like perfectly rationale explanation and advise. It can be easy to claim rape if a person decides they regret having consensual sex (or want money, etc.).

Not making a comment like that would have been the smart thing NS. God forbid you should have a daughter and she gets raped. I don't think your words above would be your best response.
Lieutenant Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Night Strike on Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:24 pm

Evil Semp wrote:
Night Strike wrote:

Not making a comment like that would have been the smart thing NS. God forbid you should have a daughter and she gets raped. I don't think your words above would be your best response.

Isn't it amazing how rape has become a political tool for the Democrats?
Major Night Strike

Postby Evil Semp on Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:33 pm

Night Strike wrote:
Evil Semp wrote:
Night Strike wrote:

That's your response? Didn't you just make it a political tool also?
Lieutenant Evil Semp
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby deathcomesrippin on Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:41 pm

Night Strike wrote:

WTF.
Sergeant deathcomesrippin

Postby john9blue on Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:44 pm

deathcomesrippin wrote:
Night Strike wrote:

WTF.

sad world we live in
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
Captain john9blue

Postby Woodruff on Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:45 pm

Night Strike wrote:

Oh my God. Seriously, night strike. You believe that's a perfectly rational statement to make? As someone who purports to be a Christian, you REALLY need to re-think your perspective.

Night Strike wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
Night Strike wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

The government doesn't create jobs; the private sector creates jobs. If the government would stop enacting and threatening tax hikes and increases in regulations, the private sector would create jobs.

Still haven't looked at them? Were you going to, or do you just like to repeat yourself?

Postby Woodruff on Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:46 pm

Night Strike wrote:I'm sorry those words are just figments in your imaginary world Juan. In the real world, those words actually have meaning and consequences.

That must be why the recent tax cuts for businesses have created so many jobs then, right? That's why we're just swimming in employment?

Postby Woodruff on Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:46 pm

Night Strike wrote:
Evil Semp wrote:
Night Strike wrote:

Isn't it amazing how the Republicans seem to hate women?

Postby BigBallinStalin on Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:30 am

reshman Rep. Roger Rivard (R-Rice Lake) in December discussed a case with the Chetek Alert newspaper in which a 17-year-old high school senior was charged with sexual assault for having sex with an underage girl in the school's band room.

The newspaper quoted him as saying his father warned him, "Some girls rape easy" - meaning that after the fact they can change what they say about whether sex was consensual. On Wednesday, Rivard told the Journal Sentinel that the article did not provide full context of his comments and that his father's exact words had been slightly different from how they appeared in the Chetek Alert.

He told the Journal Sentinel that his father had advised him not to have premarital sex, and he took that seriously.

"He also told me one thing, 'If you do (have premarital sex), just remember, consensual sex can turn into rape in an awful hurry,' " Rivard said. "Because all of a sudden a young lady gets pregnant and the parents are madder than a wet hen and she's not going to say, 'Oh, yeah, I was part of the program.' All that she has to say or the parents have to say is it was rape because she's underage. And he just said, 'Remember, Roger, if you go down that road, some girls,' he said, 'they rape so easy.'

"What the whole genesis of it was, it was advice to me, telling me, 'If you're going to go down that road, you may have consensual sex that night and then the next morning it may be rape.' So the way he said it was, 'Just remember, Roger, some girls, they rape so easy. It may be rape the next morning.'

"So it's been kind of taken out of context."

What does this mean to you?

Or did you simply read the title "some girls rape easy," and thought, omgzor that's all he said and no thanks I don't need context?
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Night Strike on Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:00 am

Woodruff wrote:
Night Strike wrote:
Evil Semp wrote:
Night Strike wrote:

Isn't it amazing how the Republicans seem to hate women?

So opposing abortion and opposing the government handing out birth control means Republicans hate women?

Woodruff wrote:
Night Strike wrote:

Oh my God. Seriously, night strike. You believe that's a perfectly rational statement to make? As someone who purports to be a Christian, you REALLY need to re-think your perspective.

Having sex outside of marriage can lead to all sorts of issues, including someone having consensual sex and then later claiming it wasn't consensual. That's simply reality and has nothing to do with me being a Christian.

Woodruff wrote:
Night Strike wrote:I'm sorry those words are just figments in your imaginary world Juan. In the real world, those words actually have meaning and consequences.

That must be why the recent tax cuts for businesses have created so many jobs then, right? That's why we're just swimming in employment?

You mean the business tax cuts that have been offset by increased regulations, Obamacare, Dodd-Frank, and constant rhetoric of raising taxes on any person or small business that makes over $200,000? Yep, lots of jobs are going to be created when all that big-government is bearing down.
Major Night Strike

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,