Conquer Club

<Removed>

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: What is the Republican Party?

Postby ooge on Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:45 pm

patches70 wrote:
ooge wrote:
I don't think it is to much to ask to incentives American made products.

American made products made only by Americans living in your particular state? Screw the other 49 states?

ooge wrote:have fun waving your made in China American flag

I don't wave any flag. It's just a piece of clothe. If waving an American made flag is important to you then you can always just make sure you purchase an American made flag.

Hey, ooge, good luck getting American made products in the forefront of available products. Have you ever wondered why the US has a trade deficit?

It's called the triffin dilemma.

You see, the US dollar is the World's reserve currency. Since the dollar is the WRC that means that an ever greater flow of dollars must leave the US. This is done so through trade, and hence we have a trade deficit.

The world needs dollars since goods (especially oil which is traded only in dollars*) are traded in dollars. That is if German wants to trade beer for wine from France, the German's change the value of their beer into dollars, the French change the value of their wine into dollars and from there they can determine the best equitable trade deal. $10 of beer for $10 of wine or whatever.

Since dollars are needed for trade, countries need dollars. Where do they get those dollars? Do we just give them dollars? Hahah! No, not at all. They sell their goods here in the US. Since the demand for dollars is so great, the triffin dilemma explains why whatever country hold the currency that is the world's reserve currency, that country must run a trade deficit.

If we were selling more goods than we were buying from other countries, they'd have no dollars to buy those good.

So, you can do all the incentives you want, but so long as the dollar is the reserve currency, you can't negate the trade deficit.

Thus, there will always be more products floating around from all over the world than is made in the US. You should take a moment to look up "triffin dilemma" and then you'll understand a little bit better what you are dealing with in order to make the right decisions on how to get what you wish to accomplish (more products made in the US. Guess what? You can't just make a law saying this State/county/country can only use products made in this State/country/country because it can't be enforced and it's just stupid considering reality).

Monetary policy. It's all about the money, stupid!

*Except the Asian dollar exclusion zone. Iran, China, India, Russia, Japan and soon Australia, all have trade agreements that circumvent the dollar as the reserve currency and they trade goods and convert their own currencies directly with each other instead of converting to dollars first.

so far you have discussed monetary policy and trade deficits. which is not remotely close to the point I was making or is relevant in the least to this discussion. What is relevant is the lengths the repubs will go to support their supposed free market ideology that they spout of like a bumper sticker slogan. Repubs, will not support a bill that will insist that American flags be made in America.The party that calls each other patriots when put in a situation to show how patriotic they are fail in the most basic ways.like for example this legislation.This legislation would not cause tariffs to all of sudden appear in other country's nor would it have any significant affect on trade deficits,(obviously and I cant believe I am posting such basic statements) but it may provide some patriotic pride in our country.Just as Japan protects their rice production as part of Japanese culture.You would think that American Flags would be important to American culture.But not to Republicans obviously. link to the article on the proposed legislation that the house let die.http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-action/h ... ican-flags
Captain ooge

Postby ooge on Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:46 pm

john9blue wrote:
ooge wrote:
john9blue wrote:i really don't know why you persist, patches... lol
troll

whoa, pleasant surprise! i thought you had me on ignore.

Crap I did :lol: I wont make that mistake again. have a nice day!
Captain ooge

Postby patches70 on Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:19 pm

Why do you insist that we should pass laws to feel patriotic?

Why do insist on being a partisan hack?

Do you think democrats are really any better than republicans?

Why do you want to emulate someone like Japan? Especially anything economically. You should really learn about the state of Japan. They're screwed way worse than we are.

All you do ooge, is spout out partisan talking points and you don't even have any real understanding of what you are spouting. You are a good sheep, a true believer. Just a foot soldier. God forbid you stop and think for a minute. You are a big reason for why the US is in the depths that she finds herself in. Mindless, numbless robots that determine their leaders based on a little letter put beside their name and think they are making a difference.

Hint for you ooge, you are being used. Like a whore passed around by drunken sailors.

Jefferson intended for Americans to be farmers by day and scholars by night. So it is that I attempt to correct fallacies in ooge's positions so that he may be a better American fall upon deaf ears.
I guess ooge hates America. He just wants to be a good democrat or at least a good republican hater. A true partisan hack. It's a lofty height to aspire to and woe be unto someone like myself who tries to show a brighter light.
Private patches70

Postby patches70 on Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:34 pm

Now, ooge, I can dig your desire to see American made products dominating the American markets. Hell, the world markets for that matter. I can truly understand wanting that condition.

But if you have intolerable condition A (not enough incentive for American goods), before you go pushing for solution B, don't you think it's a good idea to look at economic realities C that cause intolerable conditions A before you go endorsing solution B?

As to the patriotic nonsense, if you think you are able to tell who is and who isn't patriotic based on their position to some idiotic legislation that serves no purpose at all except to make people feel a certain way, then you have a great career ahead of you in the NSA or the IRS. They love people who can look into another's soul without actually looking into another's soul.
You should apply for a position at the NSA. They can use people like you (at least until a republican gets into office, then you'd be screwed).

Is it really the more partisan a person is, equals the amount of patriotism one has?

If the republicans are so unpatriotic (and I'm not even saying they are patriotic, I don't know) then certainly when they proposed a flag burning amendment way back when is certainly more patriotic than making flags in anywhere USA.

If you personally, really and truly care if American flags are made in America, then you as an American citizen living in the US (I don't know if this is the case with you or not, but for this purpose I'll assume you do and are) then you can go right on ahead and open your own business producing American flags.
You can hire only American citizens, to show how patriotic you are. No illegal aliens working for you, wait, I mean "undocumented workers". Can't use them, that would be unAmerican by some people's standards.
You can use only American produced raw materials in your flags as well.
I suggest you advertise your All American Made Flags, that'll certainly bring in customers. Then, if you are business savvy, and people like your flags and like your price and you are successful, you can drive out any and all foreign competition all on your own. You'll be using local people, local raw materials and have lower shipping costs than your foreign competition.

That is, if you can pull all that off and if you can, then in my book, you'll have proven just how patriotic you really are and hell, you might even make yourself rich. Suggestion: get plenty of government contracts to supply the flags you produce. You'll be making money hand over fist. How can such an endeavor fail if you really think it's that important to people that their American flags are made in America.
Private patches70

Postby patches70 on Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:45 pm

Oh, ooge, you'll have to scratch that idea of producing American flags in America. It seems that almost all American flags produced in the world are produced in America already. $3.6 million worth of American flags are imported to the US each year. A vast majority of those flags are made in China.

Flags imported by country-

That seems like a lot, doesn't it?

Except, when you add in domestic flag production (at a whopping $50-$60 million), domestic flag production dwarfs over foreign made flags.

domestic flags vs imported flags-

It seems you'll quite a bit of trouble actually breaking into the flag producing market. But maybe if they pass that law you want passed you can find a niche somewhere in that market!

Yep, the truth makes your pet issue of domestic American flags seem pretty darn insignificant.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... 5248,d.aWc
Private patches70

Postby BigBallinStalin on Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:51 am

ooge wrote:
patches70 wrote:
ooge wrote:
at one point in the house of representatives Democrats proposed legislation that all Americans flags have to be made in America.

That's stupid and wasteful legislation.

ooge wrote:The reason republicans vote against things like this is because of their"free market principles"..blah..blah..crap.

I'm not convinced you understand nearly enough about markets to even call it crap.

Lemme ask you something, ooge, let's look at a little scenario. You live in a neighborhood. You and your neighbors all agree that you'll only buy products and services provided by someone in the neighborhood. You all want to keep all your money within the neighborhood and take in money from other neighborhoods without sending any of your money outside the neighborhood.

So, you are required to buy stuff within your neighborhood only, but you can sell your products and services outside your neighborhood as well as to your neighbors. Are you with me so far?

Ok, since you all need a wide variety of goods and services, and not every needed good and service is actually provided by someone in your neighborhood, that opens up a lot of opportunity for others to get into new businesses, right? For instance, people in your neighborhood need a plumber, but no plumber lives in your neighborhood. This encourages someone to learn how to be a plumber. And so on and so on. For goods and services you can't get yet from your neighborhood, that increases a demand for someone to provide those services.
Are you with me so far?

Ok, you have a major plumbing problem in your house. You call up your neighbor who has just learned the craft of plumbing. He comes over and fixes the problem, charging you a fee accordingly. The next day the plumbing screws up again. Your neighbor, though a plumber, isn't a very good plumber.
Why should you be forced to only use him when in the next neighborhood over is a very good plumber who will actually do a good job?

In addition, your neighbor plumber, he isn't very good so no one outside your neighborhood wants to hire him. So for jobs within the neighborhood he has to charge more money because he has much fewer customers. He doesn't have to worry about competing, everyone in the neighborhood has to come to him. Of course, if someone else in the neighborhood becomes a plumber, the first plumber will go out of business for sure. Unless the new plumber sucks worse, then it'll be him who goes out of business.

What you are seeing in the above examples is a form of mercantilism. It's the desire to control all trade outside the border of your neighborhood (country/county/state). Mercantilism demands a trade surplus, that is more money is coming into the neighborhood than leaving.
Of course, mercantilism leads to all sorts of problems that you should be able to see. Trade is not a zero sum game. In fact, trade, honest trade, is a benefit to both parties. When you go around restricting trade then you deprive yourself of the best possible products at the best possible prices and also deny opportunity to others. You seek to harm others for your benefit.

That's mercantilism.
You may ask "why is honest trade a benefit to both (or all) parties involved in the trade?" Suppose you brew your own beer. A very good brew at that! It's tasty, high quality and priced well. Your neighbor on the other hand, is a skilled doctor, and a very good doctor at that! You get sick one day, you offer to trade the doctor some of your beer for some of his treatment of your illness. In that trade, if agreed upon, is good for both parties. You get well and the doctor gets nice and drunk on his day off. Win win for everyone.

When you deny free trade to others you deny opportunity for parties to get mutual benefit that helps everyone involved. It goes even further. The doctor doesn't even drink all of your beer. He goes and trades some of that beer for some fish from the fisherman. Again, both parties benefit. You, on the other hand, hate fish and would never have traded your beer for any amount of fish. By allowing free trade people benefit from your beer at no detriment to yourself. Because you traded your beer for something you wanted. That party then traded your beer for something he wanted.

And it goes on and on. Benefiting people, encouraging production, expanding markets that allow multiple vendors and participants.

Why would you ever think it's a good idea to deny such a system to anyone?

have fun waving your made in China American flag,you also are assuming I think shutting of all free trade is a good idea I am not of course.Just as the Japanese protect rice production in their country I don't think it is to much to ask to incentives American made products.

If you're only asking, that's fine, but I wouldn't be surprised if you meant more than just ask.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby ooge on Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:36 am

patches70 wrote:Why do you insist that we should pass laws to feel patriotic?

Why do insist on being a partisan hack?

Do you think democrats are really any better than republicans?

Why do you want to emulate someone like Japan? Especially anything economically. You should really learn about the state of Japan. They're screwed way worse than we are.

All you do ooge, is spout out partisan talking points and you don't even have any real understanding of what you are spouting. You are a good sheep, a true believer. Just a foot soldier. God forbid you stop and think for a minute. You are a big reason for why the US is in the depths that she finds herself in. Mindless, numbless robots that determine their leaders based on a little letter put beside their name and think they are making a difference.

Hint for you ooge, you are being used. Like a whore passed around by drunken sailors.

Jefferson intended for Americans to be farmers by day and scholars by night. So it is that I attempt to correct fallacies in ooge's positions so that he may be a better American fall upon deaf ears.
I guess ooge hates America. He just wants to be a good democrat or at least a good republican hater. A true partisan hack. It's a lofty height to aspire to and woe be unto someone like myself who tries to show a brighter light.

I had a nice lengthy response to your continued personal attacks but it seems I was timed out. You are projecting,republicans are sadly known for this. A nice lengthy piece of political history dealing with repubs. choosing politics over country every time.oh well..this was part of it. what would politics have been like in this country if the president was a democrat instead of a republican during 9/11? would republicans have lined up behind the president as democrats did with bush? If you think yes after 8 months of fake republican outrage over Benghazi your a fool.
Last edited by ooge on Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Captain ooge

Postby ooge on Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:41 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:
ooge wrote:
patches70 wrote:
ooge wrote:
at one point in the house of representatives Democrats proposed legislation that all Americans flags have to be made in America.

That's stupid and wasteful legislation.

ooge wrote:The reason republicans vote against things like this is because of their"free market principles"..blah..blah..crap.

I'm not convinced you understand nearly enough about markets to even call it crap.

Lemme ask you something, ooge, let's look at a little scenario. You live in a neighborhood. You and your neighbors all agree that you'll only buy products and services provided by someone in the neighborhood. You all want to keep all your money within the neighborhood and take in money from other neighborhoods without sending any of your money outside the neighborhood.

So, you are required to buy stuff within your neighborhood only, but you can sell your products and services outside your neighborhood as well as to your neighbors. Are you with me so far?

Ok, since you all need a wide variety of goods and services, and not every needed good and service is actually provided by someone in your neighborhood, that opens up a lot of opportunity for others to get into new businesses, right? For instance, people in your neighborhood need a plumber, but no plumber lives in your neighborhood. This encourages someone to learn how to be a plumber. And so on and so on. For goods and services you can't get yet from your neighborhood, that increases a demand for someone to provide those services.
Are you with me so far?

Ok, you have a major plumbing problem in your house. You call up your neighbor who has just learned the craft of plumbing. He comes over and fixes the problem, charging you a fee accordingly. The next day the plumbing screws up again. Your neighbor, though a plumber, isn't a very good plumber.
Why should you be forced to only use him when in the next neighborhood over is a very good plumber who will actually do a good job?

In addition, your neighbor plumber, he isn't very good so no one outside your neighborhood wants to hire him. So for jobs within the neighborhood he has to charge more money because he has much fewer customers. He doesn't have to worry about competing, everyone in the neighborhood has to come to him. Of course, if someone else in the neighborhood becomes a plumber, the first plumber will go out of business for sure. Unless the new plumber sucks worse, then it'll be him who goes out of business.

What you are seeing in the above examples is a form of mercantilism. It's the desire to control all trade outside the border of your neighborhood (country/county/state). Mercantilism demands a trade surplus, that is more money is coming into the neighborhood than leaving.
Of course, mercantilism leads to all sorts of problems that you should be able to see. Trade is not a zero sum game. In fact, trade, honest trade, is a benefit to both parties. When you go around restricting trade then you deprive yourself of the best possible products at the best possible prices and also deny opportunity to others. You seek to harm others for your benefit.

That's mercantilism.
You may ask "why is honest trade a benefit to both (or all) parties involved in the trade?" Suppose you brew your own beer. A very good brew at that! It's tasty, high quality and priced well. Your neighbor on the other hand, is a skilled doctor, and a very good doctor at that! You get sick one day, you offer to trade the doctor some of your beer for some of his treatment of your illness. In that trade, if agreed upon, is good for both parties. You get well and the doctor gets nice and drunk on his day off. Win win for everyone.

When you deny free trade to others you deny opportunity for parties to get mutual benefit that helps everyone involved. It goes even further. The doctor doesn't even drink all of your beer. He goes and trades some of that beer for some fish from the fisherman. Again, both parties benefit. You, on the other hand, hate fish and would never have traded your beer for any amount of fish. By allowing free trade people benefit from your beer at no detriment to yourself. Because you traded your beer for something you wanted. That party then traded your beer for something he wanted.

And it goes on and on. Benefiting people, encouraging production, expanding markets that allow multiple vendors and participants.

Why would you ever think it's a good idea to deny such a system to anyone?

have fun waving your made in China American flag,you also are assuming I think shutting of all free trade is a good idea I am not of course.Just as the Japanese protect rice production in their country I don't think it is to much to ask to incentives American made products.

If you're only asking, that's fine, but I wouldn't be surprised if you meant more than just ask.

I know Big Balls with you its either a person supports the free market without question or they are a communist. your views being so absolute leaves no area for discussion.
Captain ooge

Postby waauw on Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:21 am

seriously ooge? you're against international trade? You do realise what happens when you hinder or stop international trade?
  • Rise of inflation, because you lower the advantages of large scale production
  • Less foreign products. This may sound nice to you, but this means less availability french wines, middle-eastern oil, peruvian copper, ...
  • products the US imports will have to be produced domestically. This again may sound nice, but it has serious side-effects. The western world has a smaller secondary sector, meaning lower industrial polution. The US soil and air will get poluted faster and more easily.
  • Slower technological development. Technologies nowadays develop fast because we exchange high tech products on a global scale. Take that away and people in the US can't ameliorate european technologies for example.
  • Lower financial and monetary strength of the US. One of the reasons the US won the cold war is because of the Petrodollar. The US dollar is used as a reserve currency on a global scale. And to get these dollars businesses and countries worldwide intentionally trade with the US or invest in the US to get their hands on those safe USD currency papers(which of course is fading, because of the FED-policy).
  • Lesser trade, means lesser need of USD by foreigners. So all that USD money will be sold on the market, again increasing inflation but for a different reason this time.
  • Lesser trade, means lesser economic and financial influence over other countries. So if the US demands something from another country, they'll be less likely to comply to the american needs.
  • setting trade barriers for import, means that other countries will react and not accept american products anymore.

You are assuming Japan is doing well with it's protectionist policies. Yet what you don't realise is that it's one of the reasons the japanese have been in a deflationary spiral for decades. So stop being so mercantilist. That's a way of economic thought that faded away more than 200 years ago.
Lieutenant waauw

Postby thegreekdog on Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:45 am

Ooge does not understand international trade. He also does not understand the terms "hypocrisy," "partisan hack," "consistency." And he has no interest in learning about those things because he has an agenda. I'm not convinced he actually reads anyone's posts. So good luck to all of you.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby ooge on Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:54 pm

waauw wrote:seriously ooge? you're against international trade? You do realise what happens when you hinder or stop international trade?
  • Less foreign products. This may sound nice to you, but this means less availability french wines, middle-eastern oil, peruvian copper, ...
  • products the US imports will have to be produced domestically. This again may sound nice, but it has serious side-effects. The western world has a smaller secondary sector, meaning lower industrial polution. The US soil and air will get poluted faster and more easily.
  • Slower technological development. Technologies nowadays develop fast because we exchange high tech products on a global scale. Take that away and people in the US can't ameliorate european technologies for example.
  • Lower financial and monetary strength of the US. One of the reasons the US won the cold war is because of the Petrodollar. The US dollar is used as a reserve currency on a global scale. And to get these dollars businesses and countries worldwide intentionally trade with the US or invest in the US to get their hands on those safe USD currency papers(which of course is fading, because of the FED-policy).
  • Lesser trade, means lesser need of USD by foreigners. So all that USD money will be sold on the market, again increasing inflation but for a different reason this time.
  • Lesser trade, means lesser economic and financial influence over other countries. So if the US demands something from another country, they'll be less likely to comply to the american needs.
  • setting trade barriers for import, means that other countries will react and not accept american products anymore.

You are assuming Japan is doing well with it's protectionist policies. Yet what you don't realise is that it's one of the reasons the japanese have been in a deflationary spiral for decades. So stop being so mercantilist. That's a way of economic thought that faded away more than 200 years ago.

READ WHAT I posted..plz. then tell me what you posted is relevant? Insisting that American flags be made in America from American products and you all act like its Stalin. Tell me why should I repond to you if you misrepresent my point? and STOP Assuming. I am sighting Japan as protecting rice production for cultural reasons as an example no different then in Canada having a law that a certain percentage of music played on the radio needs to be Canadian artists. And in the USA a US flag should be made in America with American products.none of this will bring the markets crashing to a halt.Take some pride in your country people. In the USA though republicans consistently oppose this legislation,The reason why? money over country? politics over country?
Captain ooge

Postby waauw on Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:38 pm

ooge wrote:
waauw wrote:seriously ooge? you're against international trade? You do realise what happens when you hinder or stop international trade?

READ WHAT I posted..plz. then tell me what you posted is relevant? Insisting that American flags be made in America from American products and you all act like its Stalin. Tell me why should I repond to you if you misrepresent my point? and STOP Assuming. I am sighting Japan as protecting rice production for cultural reasons as an example no different then in Canada having a law that a certain percentage of music played on the radio needs to be Canadian artists. And in the USA a US flag should be made in America with American products.none of this will bring the markets crashing to a halt.Take some pride in your country people. In the USA though republicans consistently oppose this legislation,The reason why? money over country? politics over country?

My apologies then for my misinterpretation, however I never said it's stalinist.
Do you know what stalinism is? mercantilism and protectionism =/= stalinism. Also the canadian law probably has large financial reasons rather than cultural as it seems resemblant to the situation in France.
Lieutenant waauw

Postby ooge on Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:58 pm

waauw wrote:
ooge wrote:

My apologies then for my misinterpretation, however I never said it's stalinist.
Do you know what stalinism is? mercantilism and protectionism =/= stalinism. Also the canadian law probably has large financial reasons rather than cultural as it seems resemblant to the situation in France.

No you did not say it was Stalinist,but to respond with a post stating I was against international trade lead me to respond that way. I am not familiar with the Situation with France unless you are referring to creating and using French words over English and it is something along those lines.With Canada I think they feel they need some protections for fear That US culture would overwhelm theirs. Your from Belgium,so tell me this do people from Belgium still joke with the Germans that they want their Bicycles back?
Captain ooge

Postby waauw on Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:26 pm

ooge wrote:
waauw wrote:
ooge wrote:

No you did not say it was Stalinist,but to respond with a post stating I was against international trade lead me to respond that way. I am not familiar with the Situation with France unless you are referring to creating and using French words over English and it is something along those lines.With Canada I think they feel they need some protections for fear That US culture would overwhelm theirs. Your from Belgium,so tell me this do people from Belgium still joke with the Germans that they want their Bicycles back?

No in Belgium we usually don't joke about germans that much, well not in the flemish part of the country anyway. Here we usually make jokes about the netherlands.

also about France, the problem is the same as in Canada. They have a strong entertainment sector, but by far not as advanced as the american one. So this is the reason they want to protect it. They fear their sector might go bankrupt. In the recent talks between the US and the EU over bilateral free trade, the french were blocking any negotiation as they first demanded that their entertainment sector would be safe.
Lieutenant waauw

Postby ooge on Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:38 pm

waauw wrote:
ooge wrote:
waauw wrote:
ooge wrote:

No in Belgium we usually don't joke about germans that much, well not in the flemish part of the country anyway. Here we usually make jokes about the netherlands.

also about France, the problem is the same as in Canada. They have a strong entertainment sector, but by far not as advanced as the american one. So this is the reason they want to protect it. They fear their sector might go bankrupt. In the recent talks between the US and the EU over bilateral free trade, the french were blocking any negotiation as they first demanded that their entertainment sector would be safe.

OK..in the US there is a group of people that always criticizes the US entertainment industry yet it is one of Americas strongest exports.Go figure.
Captain ooge

Postby Gillipig on Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:09 pm

What is nothing!...........is that the right answer? This is Jeopardy isn't it?
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Woodruff on Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:38 pm

patches70 wrote:

But only to liberals, right?
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby Woodruff on Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:43 pm

While I don't agree with making it a requirement, I certainly WOULD like to see more things produced here in the United States as opposed to abroad. We seem to have lost our production vision in chasing the almighty dollar.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Postby BigBallinStalin on Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:42 pm

ooge wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:
ooge wrote:

I know Big Balls with you its either a person supports the free market without question or they are a communist. your views being so absolute leaves no area for discussion.

Drop the rhetoric. There's voluntary exchange and involuntary exchange. The gray area is pretty small in this matter, so which do you support in regard to "buying Local"/"buying American"?
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby ooge on Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:42 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:
ooge wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:
ooge wrote:

Drop the rhetoric. There's voluntary exchange and involuntary exchange. The gray area is pretty small in this matter, so which do you support in regard to "buying Local"/"buying American"?

Drop the rhetoric? that ship has sailed. You saw to that..have a nice day!
Captain ooge

Postby patrickaa317 on Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:17 pm

Woodruff wrote:

While I don't agree with making it a requirement, I certainly WOULD like to see more things produced here in the United States as opposed to abroad. We seem to have lost our production vision in chasing the almighty dollar.

I completely agree. Unfortunately Americans want to get paid $20/hour to make a widget, while foreign workers will get paid $3/hour to make widget. And customers want to pay $5 for said widget. Unfortunately it takes 30 mins production time to make said widget. So either they can pay $15 for American widget or $3 for foreign made widget. It's a vicious cycle.
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby Woodruff on Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:57 am

patrickaa317 wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

I completely agree. Unfortunately Americans want to get paid $20/hour to make a widget, while foreign workers will get paid $3/hour to make widget. And customers want to pay $5 for said widget. Unfortunately it takes 30 mins production time to make said widget. So either they can pay $15 for American widget or $3 for foreign made widget. It's a vicious cycle.

Certainly, salary is an important component to the cost of widgets, and it is absolutely an affecting factor in the costs. As well, the desire for a low price by the consumer absolutely affects how much companies can have wiggle room against the salary, Yet I do believe that they are often less of factors than the desire for larger profits encouraging the moves outside of the United States and into places like China and Nigeria. It's not a coincidence that more and more of the money is resting with fewer and fewer.

Postby waauw on Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:40 am

Woodruff wrote:

The US is an innovation based country. You cannot produce large amounts of products like China does. The US needs to either continue innovating or base itself on sectors which are harder to transfer to overseas. Germany for example is specialized in chemical compounds, something you cannot export as easily to low wage countries like China as it continuesly needs highly educated people.

The problem the US is having mostly is that the US educational system seems to be in decline(according to the rankings made by the UN), and the foreign "smartests and the brightest" have become less willing to come to the US because they see their own country progressing and because they see the US isn't as well of as it used to be. This will overtime seriously damage the innovational strength of the american economy if it isn't resolved. The reason why the PIIGS are having trouble is precisely because of this, because of a lesser quality in education leading to too few innovation.
Lieutenant waauw

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:31 am

ooge wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:
ooge wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:
ooge wrote:

Drop the rhetoric? that ship has sailed. You saw to that..have a nice day!

Carry on being a useful idiot for the Repocrats.
Major BigBallinStalin

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,