Conquer Club

How the Vietnam War Was Won and Lost

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: How the Vietnam War Was Won and Lost

Postby Phatscotty on Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:26 pm

Crazyirishman wrote:We ran out of money, that's how it was lost.

What are the details?
Major Phatscotty

Postby nagerous on Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:32 pm

Captain nagerous

Postby Symmetry on Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:32 pm

Phatscotty wrote:

What are the details?

How long do you think this con can continue?
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby kentington on Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:41 pm

Is the problem that in the US, the word con denotes something being taken away from you through persuasive and unfair dealings? Not getting what you paid for?

That is what I think of when I hear con. I think Dukasaur is also saying that he hasn't been conned because no money has been forked out.

After looking up the definition online, it seems that con can just mean that you have been duped.
Dukasaur did you ever believe that this was a University? I don't think it is a con, really. Pretentious like Dukasaur said? Yes. Of course but he is a talk show host and they are all kind of that way.
Bruceswar » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:59 pm wrote:We all had tons of men..
Sergeant kentington

Postby nagerous on Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:41 pm

Sure you coulda won if you decided to nuke the crap out of Vietnam like some of the hawks wanted, but then what would have been achieved?
Captain nagerous

Postby kentington on Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:42 pm

nagerous wrote:Sure you coulda won if you decided to nuke the crap out of Vietnam, but then what would have been achieved?

There would be no debate over winning or losing? Or would there...
Bruceswar » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:59 pm wrote:We all had tons of men..
Sergeant kentington

Postby Crazyirishman on Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:16 pm

Phatscotty wrote:

What are the details?

We spent about 350 Billion in 1955-1975 US Dollars, which is like like 2.4 trillion dollars today, also conveniently.
Captain Crazyirishman

Postby Phatscotty on Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:36 pm

Crazyirishman wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:

What are the details?

We spent about 350 Billion in 1955-1975 US Dollars, which is like like 2.4 trillion dollars today, also conveniently.

But is it true that we "ran out of money"? Or did our Congress pull the rug out from under the soldiers feet?
Major Phatscotty

Postby thegreekdog on Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:20 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
Crazyirishman wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:

What are the details?

But is it true that we "ran out of money"? Or did our Congress pull the rug out from under the soldiers feet?

You're such a great small government guy, PS. Did you read smegal's list?
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby saxitoxin on Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:40 pm

Symmetry wrote:
Source- wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prager_University

You have been conned.

This ain't some sort of different view- it isn't a university, it's a scam by a right wing shock jock. Accept that you got conned, and move on dude.

OH f*ck ... it turns out you're right and this is a popular scam and I've been conned for several years now.

For instance, I found this shirt in my laundry last year (our pool boy left it for Es to wash) and I've been attempting to return it to the Aerpostale Athletic Department ever since, as it's their property. However, when I go into an Aeropostale campus they say it's not actually their property and - get this - THEY DON'T EVEN HAVE AN ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT AND, IN FACT, ARE NOT ACTUALLY AN ACCREDITED UNIVERSITY. Score one for the scammers. :x

Who should I call about this? I'm about to dash off an email to the Council of Higher Education Accreditation but are they the correct people? Any suggestions, gang?
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby Phatscotty on Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:30 am

thegreekdog wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
Crazyirishman wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:

What are the details?

You're such a great small government guy, PS. Did you read smegal's list?

I'm not offering any opinions on what was good or bad, right or wrong. Just want to talk about the details.

No, but I will check it out. I had been assuming the first 2 pages got trolled.
Major Phatscotty

Postby Phatscotty on Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:41 am

smegal69 wrote:Phatscotty i think you were not hugged enough as a baby, did your parents rock you asleep listening to Richard Nixon,
stop been brain washed...... watching to much Fox News and Prager University has made you even more fucked up.

you had lost that war even before you started it, and some how i don't think it will be your last

I was just looking for people to challenge the information in the video.

all your other bullshit, I did not even say anything for you to respond to me like that, so kiss my ass you p.o.s. I do not watch Fox news (I don't even have it) My parents hugged me plenty, in fact my mom did an awesome job. I am not brainwashed, as I did not even say a single word at the time of your post for you to even make a comment one way or the other if I am brainwashed or not. I think maybe you are brainwashed and your vitriol is extremely pre-conditioned when you respond like that to someone who didn't even say anything.

Think about it
Major Phatscotty

Postby Symmetry on Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:01 am

I'm inclined to agree with Smegal, Phatscotty needs a hug.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Sackett58 on Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:04 pm

kentington wrote:
nagerous wrote:Sure you coulda won if you decided to nuke the crap out of Vietnam, but then what would have been achieved?

2010-04-24 18:51:35 - MrMoody: OMG I'm in a game with stunna, what is up with this?
Major Sackett58

Postby notyou2 on Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:08 pm

Symmetry wrote:I'm inclined to agree with Smegal, Phatscotty needs a hug.

I hugged him in the PS support thread.
Captain notyou2

Postby Symmetry on Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:19 pm

notyou2 wrote:
Symmetry wrote:I'm inclined to agree with Smegal, Phatscotty needs a hug.

I hugged him in the PS support thread.

In the end, aren't all of our threads Phatscotty support threads? When we really get down to the basics i mean. Don't we all basically want to give Phatscotty a hug? Some measure of the namby-bamby woolen liberalism he talks about so often.

He's asking, and we're not giving.

Hug a Scotty this holiday season.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:16 pm

http://www.lindasog.com/military/vietnam.htm
It’s ironic that in spite of all the media hype and hullabaloo about the “Viet Cong” and the “American Soldiers” both were absent from the final battles for South Vietnam. During the “Tet” battles of 1968, the so-called “Viet Cong” had been literally bludgeoned to death on the streets of the cities, towns, and hamlets of South Vietnam. The Americans had left under the terms of the Paris Peace Agreements, and were then barred by the US Congress, from ever returning. The end came in the form of a cross border invasion. Two conventional armies fought it out using strategies and tactics as old as warfare itself.

A brief word about the South Vietnamese government lacking support from the people, and the supposed “popular support” for the communists. During the 1968 Tet Offensive the communists attacked 155 cities, towns and hamlets in South Vietnam. In not one instance did the people rise up to support the communists. The people did rise, but in revulsion and resistance to the invaders. The general uprising, envisioned by the communists, was a complete illusion. At the end of thirty days, not one single communist flag was flying over any of those 155 cities, towns and hamlets. The citizens of South Vietnam, no matter how apathetic they may have appeared toward their own government, turned out to be overwhelmingly anti-communist. In the end they had to be conquered by conventional divisions, supported by conventional tanks and artillery that was being maneuvered in accordance with the ancient principles of warfare. But then, as with mathematics, certain rules apply in war, and military victories are not won by violating military principles.

Note

General Dung’s Great Spring Victory was spearheaded by a total of 700 (maneuverable) Soviet tanks, i.e., Soviet tanks, burning Soviet fuel and firing Soviet ammunition. By comparison, the South Vietnamese had only 352 US supplied tanks and they were committed to guarding the entire country’s borders with Cambodia, Laos and North Vietnam. However, because of US Congressional action, the ARVN were critically short of fuel, ammunition and spare parts with which to maintain and support these tanks.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Phatscotty on Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:21 am

Sackett58 wrote:
kentington wrote:

=D> =D> =D>
Major Phatscotty

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,