Conquer Club

Jihad in Boston: Death Penalty for Bomber?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Should the Boston Bomber get the Death Penalty?

Total votes : 0

Re: People of Boston....

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:35 pm

nietzsche wrote:The US government playing with their puppet little minds.

Fear, fear.

Have a 250K house, 3 cars, expensive stuff, but fear.. FEAR.

Ridiculous.
Jdsizzleslice wrote:
nietzsche wrote:If you guys stopped pay attention to terrorists, they would stop. You are enabling them. That's what they want, they want that you feel the rage they feel.

Someone from Mexico has input about Terrorists? Please, do continue on how your country is so much better.
Brigadier Jdsizzleslice

Postby maxfaraday on Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:36 pm

saxitoxin wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:
hotfire wrote:i hope he is just saying have a gun or baseball bat next to u while u sit and do whatever u do while ur kids watch sesame street in case someone busts open ur front door

I think that's spelled:

"to arms, to arms"

In PhatScottish, I believe:

"TO ARMS! TO ARMS!"

means "go racing out of the front door blasting everything that moves while singing the Battle Hymn of the Republic at the top of your lungs."

NU-UH! What those guys are forgetting, even though I pointed it out twice, is that nobody can go outside. Certainly, I wasn't telling people to go outside!!!!! That's what the morons implied. I can see how that easily happens though when you are speaking from your gut without the aid of the brain. I think I even said 3 times about "Defending yourself" and I have never suggested to go out hunting or something like that. Only a moron could think of something like that

OK, then that's a reasonable suggestion.

However, you'll understand that Google Translate doesn't have a PhatScottish option so a lot of people use YouTube in lieu of it and the first thing that comes up when one enters "TO ARMS! TO ARMS!" in YouTube is this, which translates "TO ARMS! TO ARMS!" with a more offensive - less defensive - meaning.

I see your redneck anthem and i raise you La Marseillaise

To: maxfaraday

I have noted this post and if it continues, there will be consequences for you.
Sergeant 1st Class maxfaraday

Postby Phatscotty on Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:45 pm

maxfaraday wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:
hotfire wrote:i hope he is just saying have a gun or baseball bat next to u while u sit and do whatever u do while ur kids watch sesame street in case someone busts open ur front door

I think that's spelled:

"to arms, to arms"

"TO ARMS! TO ARMS!"

means "go racing out of the front door blasting everything that moves while singing the Battle Hymn of the Republic at the top of your lungs."

NU-UH! What those guys are forgetting, even though I pointed it out twice, is that nobody can go outside. Certainly, I wasn't telling people to go outside!!!!! That's what the morons implied. I can see how that easily happens though when you are speaking from your gut without the aid of the brain. I think I even said 3 times about "Defending yourself" and I have never suggested to go out hunting or something like that. Only a moron could think of something like that

However, you'll understand that Google Translate doesn't have a PhatScottish option so a lot of people use YouTube in lieu of it and the first thing that comes up when one enters "TO ARMS! TO ARMS!" in YouTube is this, which translates "TO ARMS! TO ARMS!" with a more offensive - less defensive - meaning.

Is there a point to your posts Max? You haven't said anything of substance today, and I thought we were kinda friendly, but you just keep bashin. Or is this just a way for you to discriminate against Americans? Or what's going on here. Seriously what's your point. Let's have a convo
Major Phatscotty

Postby maxfaraday on Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:50 pm

ok scotty, how about did you even watched the video i just post?
because it seems to me that you would like it to to be your national anthem...

Postby saxitoxin on Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:51 pm

maxfaraday wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:

I think that's spelled:

"to arms, to arms"

"TO ARMS! TO ARMS!"

Uh oh. Now Scott is going to want everyone to own a guillotine. :|
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby muy_thaiguy on Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:54 pm

Suspect now in custody.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

What, you expected something deep or flashy?
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Postby Phatscotty on Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:57 pm

Phatscotty wrote:Is there a point to your posts Max? You haven't said anything of substance today, and I thought we were kinda friendly, but you just keep bashin. Or is this just a way for you to discriminate against Americans? Or what's going on here. Seriously what's your point. Let's have a convo

maxfaraday wrote:ok scotty, how about did you even watched the video i just post?

We already have a national anthem. Is this supposed to be a serious discussion? Who's a redneck?
Major Phatscotty

Postby maxfaraday on Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:08 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:Is there a point to your posts Max? You haven't said anything of substance today, and I thought we were kinda friendly, but you just keep bashin. Or is this just a way for you to discriminate against Americans? Or what's going on here. Seriously what's your point. Let's have a convo

maxfaraday wrote:ok scotty, how about did you even watched the video i just post?

We already have a national anthem. Is this supposed to be a serious discussion? Who's a redneck?

Saxi. Or at least he's the one who posted this youtube link.
But to answer to your question
here's my answer:
1.Are Americans allowed to carry guns as of today
2.If the answer is yes did it deter these terrorists from bombing Boston

?

Postby Phatscotty on Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:10 pm

maxfaraday wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:

Saxi. Or at least he's the one who posted this youtube link.
But to answer to your question
here's my answer:
1.Are Americans allowed to carry guns as of today
2.If the answer is yes did it deter these terrorists from bombing Boston?

nothing deterred the terrorists from bombing Boston
Major Phatscotty

Postby Phatscotty on Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:14 pm

THIS IS MY NATIONAL ANTHEM!!!

Home of the Brave
Last edited by Phatscotty on Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Major Phatscotty

Postby AndyDufresne on Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:16 pm

I'm glad he was taken into custody alive, and I hope his injuries allow him to live, so he can go to prison.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Phatscotty on Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:21 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:I'm glad he was taken into custody alive, and I hope his injuries allow him to live, so he can go to prison.

--Andy

I hope he got shot in the balls, and the victims get to spit in his face
Major Phatscotty

Postby betiko on Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:22 pm

maxfaraday wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:

I think that's spelled:

"to arms, to arms"

"TO ARMS! TO ARMS!"

holly crap max... first time in my life i hear the long version, I've never heard ever that our anthem was longer. I'm pretty sure that almost no one in france knows the long version.

anyway scotty, I don t know if you ve played the video or if you know what the Marseillaise basically says, but you can't be french and not think of our national anthem if you say [size=200]"TO ARMS! TO ARMS!". It's the part of the anthem with the most passion that says exactly this so of course it looks like a reference to the french national anthem when you say this (probably in spite of you)
Major betiko

Postby saxitoxin on Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:25 pm

betiko wrote:anyway scotty, I don t know if you ve played the video or if you know what the Marseillaise basically says, but you can't be french and not think of our national anthem if you say [size=200]"TO ARMS! TO ARMS!". It's the part of the anthem with the most passion that says exactly this so of course it looks like a reference to the french national anthem when you say this (probably in spite of you)

CNN just posted this photo of Boston Police raiding the bomber's house -

Corporal saxitoxin

Postby Phatscotty on Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:30 pm

betiko wrote:
maxfaraday wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:

I think that's spelled:

"to arms, to arms"

"TO ARMS! TO ARMS!"

holly crap max... first time in my life i hear the long version, I've never heard ever that our anthem was longer. I'm pretty sure that almost no one in france knows the long version.

anyway scotty, I don t know if you ve played the video or if you know what the Marseillaise basically says, but you can't be french and not think of our national anthem if you say [size=200]"TO ARMS! TO ARMS!". It's the part of the anthem with the most passion that says exactly this so of course it looks like a reference to the french national anthem when you say this (probably in spite of you)

But I never thought America was the only country to have a "to arms" moment. I am an American, so I was using it in American perspective.
Major Phatscotty

Re: Second Terrorist Caught, in Custody

Postby Phatscotty on Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:32 pm

96 hours of undeclared martial law has come to an end!
Major Phatscotty

Postby Gilligan on Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:36 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:I'm glad he was taken into custody alive, and I hope his injuries allow him to live, so he can go to prison.

--Andy

His brother lucked out by dying this morning. Saved himself the torture
Captain Gilligan

Postby Phatscotty on Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:58 pm

okay, so a civilian saw the suspect jumping in a boat, called the cops, the cops came, he was unresponsive, and they took him into custody.

Over here we are speculating he was dead when they found him
Major Phatscotty

Postby 2dimes on Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:04 pm

Phatscotty wrote:

--Andy

I'd be ok with what ever. I'm basically relieved he's not at large.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby muy_thaiguy on Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:08 pm

Phatscotty wrote:okay, so a civilian saw the suspect jumping in a boat, called the cops, the cops came, he was unresponsive, and they took him into custody.

Uh, a negotiator was called in and according to the helicopter pilots flying overhead, he was moving and responsive.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

What, you expected something deep or flashy?
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Postby Phatscotty on Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:11 pm

muy_thaiguy wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:okay, so a civilian saw the suspect jumping in a boat, called the cops, the cops came, he was unresponsive, and they took him into custody.

Uh, a negotiator was called in and according to the helicopter pilots flying overhead, he was moving and responsive.

Where are these reports coming from that say the suspect was unable to talk? Could you share that story with us please?

Also, does anyone have a problem with this guy not being read the miranda rights?
Last edited by Phatscotty on Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Major Phatscotty

Re:

Postby Gilligan on Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:11 pm

2dimes wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:

--Andy

I'd be ok with what ever. I'm basically relieved he's not at large.

You and me both. ;)
Captain Gilligan

Postby Phatscotty on Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:14 pm

was the negotiator communicating with him? where was this, while he was in the boat?
Major Phatscotty

Postby 2dimes on Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:18 pm

I don't hope he gets harmed but I won't mind either. He definitely earned getting shot in the balls.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby saxitoxin on Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:24 pm

Phatscotty wrote:Also, does anyone have a problem with this guy not being read the miranda rights?

That's an excellent discussion question, PS.

As far as me, I don't have a problem for two reasons: (1) if people are denied constitutional rights in the heat of the moment or in response to a specific set of circumstances that's bad, however, the public safety exception was established by a court decades ago in a study setting, not by an executive branch decree today in response to this incident and during the height of public hysteria (in which case I would definitely have a problem), (2) even under the exception, he can't be subject to investigative questioning until his Miranda rights are read, only questions about extant threats, so the possibility of him giving a self-incriminating statement should, hopefully, be lessened.
Last edited by saxitoxin on Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Corporal saxitoxin

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,