Conquer Club

Orwellian USA

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Orwellian USA

Postby _sabotage_ on Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:20 am

Should challenge your faith in government incompetence. They are remarkable competent at destroying evidence against their criminal activities.
Metsfanmax
Killing a human should not be worse than killing a pig.

It never ceases to amaze me just how far people will go to defend their core beliefs.
Captain _sabotage_

Postby BigBallinStalin on Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:53 am

_sabotage_ wrote:Should challenge your faith in government incompetence. They are remarkable competent at destroying evidence against their criminal activities.

Are they? We're just looking at one case.

Besides, competence depends on the goal, given varying constraints. I'd expect the IRS to more effectively hide evidence of their wrongdoing compared to the capability/competence of the political process as a means for minimizing deadweight losses allegedly generated by markets. The goals differ; the constraints differ.

So, no, it shouldn't challenge my "faith" in government incompetence because you're ignoring the already mentioned differences. Furthermore, I wasn't talking about your vague notion of "competence." I'm referring to people's general belief in a benevolent government.

I'm tired of this forum.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby mrswdk on Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:30 pm

BBC wrote:I'm tired of this forum.

lol, just this one?
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby thegreekdog on Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:09 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:Who didn't see this one coming? I'm sure there are a few...

IRS Says Official's Emails Were Lost in Computer Crash

WASHINGTON—The Internal Revenue Service said a former official's 2011 computer crash significantly hampered its efforts to dig up correspondence requested as part of a congressional review of the agency's treatment of conservative groups.

The IRS said it is providing more emails to lawmakers and is doing its best to reconstruct correspondence from the former executive, Lois Lerner, who retired as the controversy unfolded last year. Its effort, which has included searching email of other senders and recipients, resulted in an additional 24,000 emails that are being provided to lawmakers, the agency said in a summary of its actions.

http://online.wsj.com/articles/irs-prov ... 1402684543

https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewt ... d#p4503982

So, I've been following the IRS scandal, and it's pretty egregious how much evidence has become 'unrecoverable'.

After skimming through the thread past July, I loved to see how many posters avoided challenging their faith in government bureaucracy and instead let themselves get distracted with ad hominem arguments about PS or Bush. Pretty weak, y'all.

I made my thoughts clearly and concisely on the first page (or maybe the second). It was fun to reread some of this though.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,