Conquer Club

Going to Hell

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Going to Hell

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:42 am

Based on this description, I would love to go:

Before their eyes in sudden view appear
The secrets of the hoary Deep--a dark
Illimitable ocean, without bound,
Without dimension; where length, breadth, and height,
And time, and place, are lost; where eldest Night
And Chaos, ancestors of Nature, hold
Eternal anarchy, amidst the noise
Of endless wars, and by confusion stand.
For Hot, Cold, Moist, and Dry, four champions fierce,
Strive here for mastery, and to battle bring
Their embryon atoms: they around the flag
Of each his faction, in their several clans,
Light-armed or heavy, sharp, smooth, swift, or slow,
Swarm populous, unnumbered as the sands
Of Barca or Cyrene's torrid soil,
Levied to side with warring winds, and poise
Their lighter wings. To whom these most adhere
He rules a moment: Chaos umpire sits,
And by decision more embroils the fray
By which he reigns: next him, high arbiter,
Chance governs all. Into this wild Abyss,
The womb of Nature, and perhaps her grave,
Of neither sea, nor shore, nor air, nor fire,
But all these in their pregnant causes mixed
Confusedly, and which thus must ever fight,
Unless th' Almighty Maker them ordain
His dark materials to create more worlds--
Into this wild Abyss the wary Fiend
Stood on the brink of Hell and looked a while,
Pondering his voyage; for no narrow frith
He had to cross.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Re: Going to Hell

Postby Anarkistsdream on Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:39 am

Don't worry. You're well on your way, DY.... hah
virus90 wrote: I think Anarkist is a valuable asset to any game.
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:58 am

Anarkistsdream wrote:Don't worry. You're well on your way, DY.... hah

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Anarkistsdream on Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:03 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:
Anarkistsdream wrote:Don't worry. You're well on your way, DY.... hah

--Andy

virus90 wrote: I think Anarkist is a valuable asset to any game.
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby oVo on Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:25 pm

Hell only exists in you mind.

IN OTHER NEWS:
The Devil tried to snatch up a few vintage Corvettes today
in Bowling Green, Kentucky. (USA)
Major oVo

Postby Gillipig on Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:43 am

I'd actually be positively surprised if there was a hell. Here I am thinking I won't be concious after I'm dead, but then I find out there's this place where I'll be concious, only twist is that Adolph Hitler will be continously chopping off my testicles and Genghis Khan will chop of my head.....things could be better I suppose but it's still better than I envisioned.

Or maybe hell is like being constipated for eternity......No wait, if hell is supposed to be the worst possible place, then surely I must first of all be on fire, then I imagine all my bowels must've been ripped out and/or mutilated, my eyes must've been poked out, my skin would probably have been peeled off with a potato peeler, all my bones would surely be broken and there's probably not much left of my testicles. My question is then, will I feel it when Genghis Khan has sex with my eardrums? If I don't it can't be the worst possible place, thus, I'm not in hell.... Am I then in heaven perhaps? Maybe that's what heaven is, maybe since everything is relative, not feeling Genghis Khan fucking your eardrums is like heaven compared to feeling it. Things just got deep guys.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby notyou2 on Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:05 am

Gillipig wrote:I'd actually be positively surprised if there was a hell. Here I am thinking I won't be concious after I'm dead, but then I find out there's this place where I'll be concious, only twist is that Adolph Hitler will be continously chopping off my testicles and Genghis Khan will chop of my head.....things could be better I suppose but it's still better than I envisioned.

Or maybe hell is like being constipated for eternity......No wait, if hell is supposed to be the worst possible place, then surely I must first of all be on fire, then I imagine all my bowels must've been ripped out and/or mutilated, my eyes must've been poked out, my skin would probably have been peeled off with a potato peeler, all my bones would surely be broken and there's probably not much left of my testicles. My question is then, will I feel it when Genghis Khan has sex with my eardrums? If I don't it can't be the worst possible place, thus, I'm not in hell.... Am I then in heaven perhaps? Maybe that's what heaven is, maybe since everything is relative, not feeling Genghis Khan fucking your eardrums is like heaven compared to feeling it. Things just got deep guys.

Is it an Ikea potato peeler that never worked right?
Captain notyou2

Postby Gillipig on Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:12 am

notyou2 wrote:
Gillipig wrote:I'd actually be positively surprised if there was a hell. Here I am thinking I won't be concious after I'm dead, but then I find out there's this place where I'll be concious, only twist is that Adolph Hitler will be continously chopping off my testicles and Genghis Khan will chop of my head.....things could be better I suppose but it's still better than I envisioned.

Are there any working potato peelers? I have not found any, at least you can count on IKEA makig it cheap.
I'm surprised they haven't made a potato peeler that you'll have to put together yourself yet, maybe that's the next new thing, heh.
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby notyou2 on Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:29 am

Gillipig wrote:
notyou2 wrote:

Are there any working potato peelers? I have not found any, at least you can count on IKEA makig it cheap.
I'm surprised they haven't made a potato peeler that you'll have to put together yourself yet, maybe that's the next new thing, heh.

I have a couple of potato peelers that work great. Pretty sure they aren't from IKEA.

On a related issue. Why does IKEA use all capitals? Is it a Swedish thing?
Captain notyou2

Postby Gillipig on Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:50 am

notyou2 wrote:
Gillipig wrote:
notyou2 wrote:

I have a couple of potato peelers that work great. Pretty sure they aren't from IKEA.

On a related issue. Why does IKEA use all capitals? Is it a Swedish thing?

Because Ingvar Kamprad Elmtaryd Agunnaryd, just doesn't have the same ring to it.
Abbrevations are usually written in capitals. usa, USA, usa, USA
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby oVo on Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:10 pm

I've never believed such a place as Hell existed,
then realized some people are living in it.
Major oVo

Postby Gillipig on Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:34 pm

oVo wrote:I've never believed such a place as Hell existed,
then realized some people are living in it.

Some people are having their eardrums raped by Genghis Khan? If they aren't, it's not hell, just not a very pleasant place.
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby notyou2 on Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:00 pm

The store isn't necessarily hell, but the parking lot is, especially if you are a monkey in a winter coat.
Captain notyou2

Postby Gillipig on Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:54 am

Genghis Khan is in the parking lot raping customers ears? Wow, america is fucked up!!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby notyou2 on Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:23 am

notyou2 wrote:The store isn't necessarily hell, but the parking lot is, especially if you are a monkey in a winter coat.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ikea-monkey-mom-ordered-to-pay-83k-in-legal-costs-to-sanctuary-1.2501250
Captain notyou2

Postby Gillipig on Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:42 pm

notyou2 wrote:
notyou2 wrote:The store isn't necessarily hell, but the parking lot is, especially if you are a monkey in a winter coat.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ikea-monkey-mom-ordered-to-pay-83k-in-legal-costs-to-sanctuary-1.2501250

I understood everything about the verdict except the part where they said she somehow owed them $83,000 just because she lost the trial. What the f*ck? She'd get away easier if she killed the monkey! How is that even remotely justified? They were so offended by being sued they all shit their pants worth a total $83,000? I see no other explanation.
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby BigBallinStalin on Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:56 pm

Gillipig wrote:
notyou2 wrote:

I understood everything about the verdict except the part where they said she somehow owed them $83,000 just because she lost the trial. What the f*ck? She'd get away easier if she killed the monkey! How is that even remotely justified? They were so offended by being sued they all shit their pants worth a total $83,000? I see no other explanation.

Some of $83k covers the Monkey Sanctuary's legal outlays. The other is to punish the 'monkey mom' for suing the Monkey Sanctuary, which acquired the stolen monkey. The law probably favored the Sanctuary because of some clause about wild animals, but how 'wild' was her monkey? I dunno. The ruling seems unjust though. A government agency picks up her monkey (okay) then gives the stolen animal to the Sanctuary (not okay). The Sanctuary return its stolen property (not okay).
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Gillipig on Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:05 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:
Gillipig wrote:
notyou2 wrote:

Some of $83k covers the Monkey Sanctuary's legal outlays. The other is to punish the 'monkey mom' for suing the Monkey Sanctuary, which acquired the stolen monkey. The law probably favored the Sanctuary because of some clause about wild animals, but how 'wild' was her monkey? I dunno. The ruling seems unjust though. A government agency picks up her monkey (okay) then gives the stolen animal to the Sanctuary (not okay). The Sanctuary return its stolen property (not okay).

Covering legal outlays is okay but the notion of punishing her for sueing them when they practically stole her monkey is pretty outrageous. Are we all supposed to take for given that when our pet gets lost and we find it in someone elses possesion it's automatically "theirs" now? I can understand they decided that the sanctuary should keep the monkey but it's by no means a clear cut case, and punishing her for having the temerity of pressing her rights is just ridiculous.
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby notyou2 on Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:41 pm

I think the $38,000.00 was a fine for displaying her monkey in public.

Perhaps Andy knows more on this than I do.
Captain notyou2

Postby Phatscotty on Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:31 pm

See You in Hell
Major Phatscotty

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:30 pm

Phatscotty wrote:See You in Hell

What does that have to do with her monkey? Do try not to derail threads all the time.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby BigBallinStalin on Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:35 pm

Gillipig wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:
Gillipig wrote:
notyou2 wrote:

Covering legal outlays is okay but the notion of punishing her for sueing them when they practically stole her monkey is pretty outrageous. Are we all supposed to take for given that when our pet gets lost and we find it in someone elses possesion it's automatically "theirs" now? I can understand they decided that the sanctuary should keep the monkey but it's by no means a clear cut case, and punishing her for having the temerity of pressing her rights is just ridiculous.

I agree. It only discourages people from pressing claims against state organizations--or organizations which serve a 'public good'. Punitive damages is a well-intended idea (i.e. charging people extra for frivolous claims), but from what I know, her claim isn't frivolous. It's a disgusting ruling.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Phatscotty on Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:08 am

Dukasaur wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:See You in Hell

What does that have to do with her monkey? Do try not to derail threads all the time.

oh...it has EVERYTHING to do with the monkey!
Major Phatscotty

Postby Gillipig on Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:45 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:
Gillipig wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:
Gillipig wrote:
notyou2 wrote:

I agree. It only discourages people from pressing claims against state organizations--or organizations which serve a 'public good'. Punitive damages is a well-intended idea (i.e. charging people extra for frivolous claims), but from what I know, her claim isn't frivolous. It's a disgusting ruling.

Not sure I'd call it a disgusting ruling. I mean if someone would argue that the monkey is happier living among other monkeys in a sanctuary, than with a single, slighty crazy lady who calls herself the monkeys "mom", then I'd probably agree. I'm not against the verdict other than the outrageous monetary repercussions that she's forced to pay for losig the trial. And I would agree that it is sending completely wrong messages to people who are being questionably treated by the goverment/powerful organisations. This case is basically telling people to not use their legal rights because if they lose, they'll be forced into economic bankruptcy. A very nice and subtle way of telling people to shut up and obey.
Lieutenant Gillipig

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,