Conquer Club

Come to Germany, they said

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Come to Germany, they said

Postby Bernie Sanders on Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:12 am

...actually it's ordinary Russians losing their jobs, as Russian economy continues to collapse. Russians will need a wheel barrel soon, to buy a loaf of bread.

Let's not forget about all those Russian orphans being sexually exploited in Russia. When will ordinary Russians going to wake up to the fact that Putin and his corrupt hacks is rotting Russia from the inside out?

http://www.dol.gov/ilab/reports/child-labor/russia.htm
Sergeant 1st Class Bernie Sanders

Postby saxitoxin on Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:27 am

Bernie Sanders wrote:...actually it's ordinary Russians losing their jobs, as Russian economy continues to collapse. Russians will need a wheel barrel soon, to buy a loaf of bread.

Yeah, the Russian economic collapse has been coming "soon" for the last three years.
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby mrswdk on Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:15 am

Kinda like the collapse of China's economic growth has been predicted every year for the last 20-30 years.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby Fewnix on Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:58 am

And now that you have had your daily Two Minutes of Hate

Do you Love Big Brother?

Will you vote for Donald Trump?

Details from Nineteen Eighty-Four

The film and its accompanying auditory and visual cues (which include a grinding noise that Orwell describes as "of some monstrous machine running without oil") are a form of brainwashing to Party members, attempting to whip them into a frenzy of hatred and loathing for Emmanuel Goldstein and the current enemy superstate. Apparently, it is not uncommon for those caught up in the hate to physically assault or throw things at the telescreen, as Julia does during the scene.

The film becomes more surreal as it progresses, with Goldstein's face morphing into a sheep as enemy soldiers advance on the viewers, before one such soldier charges at the screen, submachine gun blazing. He morphs, finally, into the face of Big Brother at the end of the two minutes. At the end, the mentally, emotionally, and physically exhausted viewers chant "B-B!...B-B!" over and over again, ritualistically.

Within the book, the purpose of the Two Minutes Hate is said to satisfy the citizens' subdued feelings of angst and hatred from leading such a wretched, controlled existence. By re-directing these subconscious feelings away from the Oceanian government and toward external enemies (which probably do not even exist), the Party minimises subversive thought and behaviour.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two_Minutes_Hate
Rule 1
show
Private Fewnix

Postby mrswdk on Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:10 pm

It's a good job that you linked to the page about 1984 which explains what the Two Minute Hate is. That's a pretty obscure book to quote from and I imagine the reference would have flown over everyone's heads if you hadn't.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby Bernie Sanders on Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:13 pm

China and Russia are both in decline.

Just the facts, Jack!

Postby mrswdk on Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:38 pm

Bernie Sanders wrote:China and Russia are both in decline.

Just the facts, Jack!

If those are your facts then I'd love to see what your half-truths and lies look like.

http://knoema.com/loqqwx/china-gdp-grow ... and-charts
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby Bernie Sanders on Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:46 pm

mrswdk wrote:

Just the facts, Jack!

If those are your facts then I'd love to see what your half-truths and lies look like.

Your forecast was from Oct. 2015.

Since then the Chinese Stock Market has gone down and investors are running to buy GOLD!

http://blogs.wsj.com/chinarealtime/2016/01/11/the-consequences-of-chinas-stock-slide-for-top-leaders-in-beijing/

For a guy who claims he's a proud and loyal Chinese, you don't seem to know much about the Chinese economy.

Postby mrswdk on Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:48 pm

Bernie Sanders wrote:
mrswdk wrote:

Just the facts, Jack!

Your forecast was from Oct. 2015.

Since then the Chinese Stock Market has virtually collapsed.

The biggest drop in the Chinese stock market occurred last summer. That was the one where about a third of its value was wiped out in one or two days. The forecasts in my link were made after that happened.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby Bernie Sanders on Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:50 pm

Like I said, you don't know squat about the Chinese Stock Market or it's economy.

Postby mrswdk on Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:51 pm

Bernie Sanders wrote:Like I said, you don't know squat about the Chinese Stock Market or it's economy.

Says the guy who thinks that one blip in the stock market is going to have slashed China's economic hopes for the next decade or two.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:54 pm

mrswdk wrote:It's a good job that you linked to the page about 1984 which explains what the Two Minute Hate is. That's a pretty obscure book to quote from and I imagine the reference would have flown over everyone's heads if you hadn't.

Anyone who hasn't read 1984 is essentially illiterate.
ā€œā€ŽLife is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.ā€
ā€• Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Bernie Sanders on Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:56 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
mrswdk wrote:It's a good job that you linked to the page about 1984 which explains what the Two Minute Hate is. That's a pretty obscure book to quote from and I imagine the reference would have flown over everyone's heads if you hadn't.

1984 was required reading in schools all around America.

Postby mrswdk on Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:59 pm

Dukasaur wrote:

Oh I see. So 1984 is actually a widely read book among people from the demographic groups present on this forum?
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby Bernie Sanders on Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:00 pm

mrswdk wrote:
Bernie Sanders wrote:Like I said, you don't know squat about the Chinese Stock Market or it's economy.

Says the guy who thinks that one blip in the stock market is going to have slashed China's economic hopes for the next decade or two.

The Chinese yuan is at a 5 year low compared to the US dollar. Chinese economy is in doubt and Chinese are selling yuan for dollars or buying gold. Gold has seen it's price increase the last few days, after a consistent decline over the last couple of years.

China is in trouble.

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:41 pm

mrswdk wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:

Oh I see. So 1984 is actually a widely read book among people from the demographic groups present on this forum?

It's definitely right up there with Gulliver's Travels, Brave New Worlds, Reveille for Radicals, A Generation of Vipers, The Wealth of Nations, Candide, Atlas Shrugged, Heinlein's the Moon is a Harsh Mistress and Kafka's The Trial as a must-read social critique.

Also, it's mandatory high school reading in most of the English-speaking world, so even people who don't give a shit about understanding society have at least a passing acquaintance with it.
ā€œā€ŽLife is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.ā€
ā€• Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Metsfanmax on Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:57 pm

Well played.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby Fewnix on Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:58 pm

bet you love "Big Brother"-
is a television reality game show based on an originally Dutch TV series of the same name created by producer John de Mol in 1997.[The series follows a group of contestants, known as HouseGuests, who are living together in a custom-built home under constant surveillance. ]The HouseGuests are completely isolated from the outside world, and can have no communication with those not in the house
The series takes its name from the character in George Orwell's novel Nineteen Eighty-Four (1984

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Broth ... _series%29
Dukasaur wrote:
mrswdk wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:

It's definitely right up there with Gulliver's Travels, Brave New Worlds, Reveille for Radicals, Atlas Shrugged, Heinlein's the Moon is a Harsh Mistress and Kafka's The Trial as a must-read social critique.

Also, it's mandatory high school reading in most of the English-speaking world, so even people who don't give a shit about understanding society have at least a passing acquaintance with it.
Rule 1
show
Private Fewnix

Postby mrswdk on Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:28 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
mrswdk wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:

It's definitely right up there with Gulliver's Travels, Brave New Worlds, Reveille for Radicals, A Generation of Vipers, The Wealth of Nations, Candide, Atlas Shrugged, Heinlein's the Moon is a Harsh Mistress and Kafka's The Trial as a must-read social critique.

It's not actually on the curriculum in the UK, meaning it isn't taught at any public schools here.

I guess that explains why I had never heard of the concept of Two Minute Hate until Fewnix posted it in this thread.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby mrswdk on Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:48 pm

On a serious note, I think almost any novel is pretty limited in just how much it can teach the reader about society. I mean, these are just works of fantasy spawned from the mind of one cranky old author.

I mean sure, the idea that the government might create fictional enemies just to galvanize a population is valid, but if you're going to start viewing society through that lens just because George Orwell says so then you might as well start printing off warmonger's posts and putting those on your bookshelf too.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby tzor on Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:24 pm

waauw wrote:You have no clue what you're talking about. It's the liberals and the nationalists(aka the right wing) that propose stricter immigration laws.

There are some words whose meanings literally flip around when brought over "the pond."

"Liberal" is one word.
"Fanny" is another word.

Blame the Progressives in the US for that one.
Cadet tzor

Postby GoranZ on Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:31 pm

This is a topic about Bernie's SICK DREAMS or about Germany and refuges in Europe?

Back on subject.
Swedish police accused of covering up sexual assaults committed by refugees at music festival
Even a little kid knows whats the name of my country... http://youtu.be/XFxjy7f9RpY

Interested in clans? Check out the Fallen!
Brigadier GoranZ

Postby pmchugh on Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:47 pm

GoranZ wants as all back on topic. About how we can make Germany great again if we just persecute a religious minority.
2009-08-12 03:35:31 - Squirrels Hat: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
2009-08-12 03:44:25 - Mr. Squirrel: Do you think my hat will attack me?
Major pmchugh

Postby mrswdk on Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:23 am

pmchugh wrote:GoranZ wants as all back on topic. About how we can make Germany great again if we just persecute a religious minority.

The religion of 'refugee'?
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby Bernie Sanders on Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:11 am

tzor wrote:
waauw wrote:You have no clue what you're talking about. It's the liberals and the nationalists(aka the right wing) that propose stricter immigration laws.

There are some words whose meanings literally flip around when brought over "the pond."

"Liberal" is one word.
"Fanny" is another word.

Blame the Progressives in the US for that one.

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,