Conquer Club

Trump's Male Room

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Trump's Male Room

Postby Symmetry on Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:19 pm

So Trump has signed an executive order to reinstate the global gag rule- a rule that prohibits federal money going towards organisations that provide advice on family planning and women's health if they include abortions.

Seems like a bad idea, but it's tough to argue with anti-abortion people. As Nancy Pelosi pointed out- this will not do anything to reduce rates of abortions- it will possibly even increase it, and certainly make it more dangerous.

But then, as the President's spokesperson has said- "We can disagree with the facts".
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Re: Trump's Male Room

Postby warmonger1981 on Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:42 pm

Back alley abortions here we come!!!! Now get me the fucking coat hanger and some diaper wipes. PRONTO!!!!!
Captain warmonger1981

Postby Symmetry on Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:27 pm

Indeed, I've never really understood the fundamentalist mindset that somehow thinks that banning abortion somehow stops women from having abortions. You'd think that Trump could at least have had a woman in the room for the photo-op, but it really does come across as being about men controlling women's bodies.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby riskllama on Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:56 am

my grandmas' sister died from a "back alley" abortion. she was 51 years young.
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby mrswdk on Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:20 am

Symmetry wrote:I've never really understood the fundamentalist mindset that somehow thinks that banning abortion somehow stops women from having abortions.

Trump didn't ban abortions.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:20 am

Symmetry wrote:Indeed, I've never really understood the fundamentalist mindset that somehow thinks that banning abortion somehow stops women from having abortions. You'd think that Trump could at least have had a woman in the room for the photo-op, but it really does come across as being about men controlling women's bodies.

It's not about men controlling women's bodies, you silly lad, and that's not the mindset. That's just a straw man, as you're so fond of saying, trotted out by the opposition. It's disingenuous. If it were true, there wouldn't be any pro-life women out there, and there are plenty. It's about criminalizing abortion (what the lifers see as murder), and later leading to the capabilities to punish those who receive or provide abortions. Everyone knows abortions will always happen, just like any other crime will always happen until the end of time.

Saying the goal of anti-abortion measures is simply for some crusty old men who have control fantasies is akin to saying the same thing for anti-murder or anti-theft measures. It's no different from the so-called drug war from Reagan's fallout. Drugs will always be a problem, and now they have the justification for imprisonment (and profit!).

Mis-characterizing the pro-lifers like that won't stop them. The only way to ensure that abortion stays legal is to address the heart of the issue, that is, when life begins. It would be much more effective for education to address this issue, displacing religious artifacts about the idea, and emphasizing medical science regarding gestation, embryology, and such.

-TG
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby mrswdk on Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:29 am

Is this the right time to ask why pro-abortion people draw the line at birth?

Personally, I think a baby that hasn't reached its first birthday is still fair game for a termination.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby riskllama on Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:31 am

*ATTN BERNIE SANDERS*
this is what a mrs troll thread looks like.... :lol:
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby hotfire on Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:46 am

TA1LGUNN3R wrote:
Symmetry wrote:Indeed, I've never really understood the fundamentalist mindset that somehow thinks that banning abortion somehow stops women from having abortions. You'd think that Trump could at least have had a woman in the room for the photo-op, but it really does come across as being about men controlling women's bodies.

Mis-characterizing the pro-lifers like that won't stop them. The only way to ensure that abortion stays legal is to address the heart of the issue, that is, when life begins. It would be much more effective for education to address this issue, displacing religious artifacts about the idea, and emphasizing medical science regarding gestation, embryology, and such.

-TG

Ahh yes, because the trump train holds science/scientific fact on such a pretty altar.
Colonel hotfire

Postby warmonger1981 on Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:06 am

If abortions are a form of bith control and subsidized by the government why are viscectomy not subsidized? Equal rights means equal birth control. Fucking haters.
Captain warmonger1981

Postby mrswdk on Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:14 am

warmonger1981 wrote:If abortions are a form of bith control and subsidized by the government

Not in America, baby \:D/
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby warmonger1981 on Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:18 pm

Planned Parenthood sweet titts. Go fund them.
Captain warmonger1981

Postby tzor on Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:45 pm

mrswdk wrote:Is this the right time to ask why pro-abortion people draw the line at birth?

One trimester at a time mrswdk. One only talks about "fourth trimester abortions" in hushed tones. :twisted:
Cadet tzor

Postby 2dimes on Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:46 pm

Child support is way more expensive than a vasectomy. Maybe smash your nuts with a rock, that's free.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby tzor on Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:55 pm

riskllama wrote:my grandmas' sister died from a "back alley" abortion. she was 51 years young.

Now "back alley" abortions are done with the full protection of the US Government. :twisted:

Don't take my word for it, check out the Operation Rescue site.

Suffering Abortion Patient Transported by Ambulance from Planned Parenthood’s NYC Margaret Sanger Center

Ambulance Transports Woman with Breathing Difficulties from Unsanitary Abortion Center

Unlucky: 13th Abortion Patient Removed From CA Abortion Mill Covered Like Mummy

911 Transcripts Reveal Effort to Cover Up Serious Abortion Injuries at St. Louis Planned Parenthood

No 911: Abortion Businesses’ Desire to Cover-Up is Put Above the Lives of Patients

Suffering Abortion Patient Transported by Ambulance from Planned Parenthood’s NYC Margaret Sanger Center

I'll bet you half of the people reading this post have never heard of Kermit Gosnell.

Do I want to lock up the Sweeney Todd's of the Abortion Industry? YES. Too many pregnant women are dying to these butchers on the altar of "choice."
Cadet tzor

Postby 2dimes on Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:17 pm

tzor wrote:
Do I want to lock up the Sweeney Todd's of the Abortion Industry? YES. Too many pregnant women are dying to these butchers on the altar of "choice."

Mind your own business, only women can decide when where and how to deal with their bodies and the tissue inside it. If a clinic is known as unsanitary they will lose customers.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby owenshooter on Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:34 pm

i'm sure the irony of his signing this with curtains that Hillary Clinton hand picked for the oval office for Bill, escapes every lunatic in that room. and yes, those are really bill clinton's curtains...-Jésus noir
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby mrswdk on Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:07 pm

warmonger1981 wrote:Planned Parenthood sweet titts. Go fund them.

nvm. I thought Trump's abortionfunding cut applied to US organizations, didn't realize it only applied to foreign aid.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby tzor on Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:43 am

2dimes wrote:Mind your own business, only women can decide when where and how to deal with their bodies and the tissue inside it. If a clinic is known as unsanitary they will lose customers.

Not really. It's not like a McDonalds where they require costumers to return frequently. There isn't a rating system like the BBB that can be used to screen facilities. People who go through the experience, no matter how horrific are not generally going to post the complaint on Facebook. So people who want abortions look up the nearest facility in the phone book.

A person seeking an abortion should at the very least have the same assurances of safety as a person seeking liposuction, or Botox, or dental work. If they are seeking an abortion they shouldn't have to worry or even consider the question of whether they might get a STD because the staff are reusing the equipment without proper procedures to prevent such transmissions.

Not every unsanitary situation looks like something out of the exorcist. It's not always easy to notice if the hallways are capable of handling a stretcher and you don't even think about a stretcher until you are in serious pain with internal bleeding and then the question is too late. You don't know that a facility will mislead 911 even when it happens to you because at that point you aren't paying attention to details you can't directly observe.

Consider this: I have two functioning kidneys but I would make the same argument for any unsanitary dialysis facility. Whether or not I use the medical facility is moot to the argument that all medical facilities must meet the same safety standards because in general there aren't as many of them as Starbucks and you have to trust the one you go to because there is no way to verify beforehand.
Cadet tzor

Postby mrswdk on Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:59 am

tzor wrote:
2dimes wrote:Mind your own business, only women can decide when where and how to deal with their bodies and the tissue inside it. If a clinic is known as unsanitary they will lose customers.

Not really. It's not like a McDonalds where they require costumers to return frequently. There isn't a rating system like the BBB that can be used to screen facilities. People who go through the experience, no matter how horrific are not generally going to post the complaint on Facebook. So people who want abortions look up the nearest facility in the phone book.

The fact that abortion clinics reviews and star ratings are not available on Trip Advisor - yet reviews for men's barber shops are - is just one of the many examples of the institutionalized sexism the permeates the world around us.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby Symmetry on Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:00 pm

TA1LGUNN3R wrote:

It's not about men controlling women's bodies, you silly lad, and that's not the mindset. That's just a straw man, as you're so fond of saying, trotted out by the opposition. It's disingenuous. If it were true, there wouldn't be any pro-life women out there, and there are plenty. It's about criminalizing abortion (what the lifers see as murder), and later leading to the capabilities to punish those who receive or provide abortions. Everyone knows abortions will always happen, just like any other crime will always happen until the end of time.

Saying the goal of anti-abortion measures is simply for some crusty old men who have control fantasies is akin to saying the same thing for anti-murder or anti-theft measures. It's no different from the so-called drug war from Reagan's fallout. Drugs will always be a problem, and now they have the justification for imprisonment (and profit!).

-TG

You don't see punishment as a means of control? I agree with most of your other points, apart from "when life begins" as the heart of the issue. I think you might be talking about viability you silly lad, but it's hard to tell.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby 2dimes on Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:04 pm

The biological process of reproduction is a religious artifact? Maybe for you and symmetry.

I have no problem with women throwing their newborn infant in a garbage bin. I think they should wrap it up and put it outside an orphanage like most would have in the past. I prefer when the thing gets found and survives rather than when it doesn't make it.

As for a newly inseminated egg. I believe you kill the beginning of a being by taking "the morning after pill." Am I ever going to give you a hard time over that? No. Are you going to cry reading this? Maybe.

Miscarriage is a pretty stressful thing because people love fetuses. Not because it's frowned upon. I don't think anyone is cruel enough to blame a woman for them, they are not something anyone seeks. They told us it happens to a high percentage of fertilized eggs in baby classes.

At what point does a fertilized eggs become something too close to a human to terminate? Maybe this should be a poll.

My understanding is once someone else see a newborn the mother can't throw it in the garbage.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby tzor on Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:16 pm

mrswdk wrote:The fact that abortion clinics reviews and star ratings are not available on Trip Advisor - yet reviews for men's barber shops are - is just one of the many examples of the institutionalized sexism the permeates the world around us.

Apples / Oranges. Beauty Salons are available on Trip Advisor. :twisted:
Cadet tzor

Postby tzor on Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:22 pm

2dimes wrote:I think they should wrap it up and put it outside an orphanage like most would have in the past.

You know this is the 21st century? We have "drop boxes" now. First baby drop-off box for unwanted newborns installed in Indiana

The Knights of Columbus of Indiana will pay for the first 100 baby boxes, which cost $1,500 to $2,000 each, said Monica Kelsey, a volunteer with the fire department who has been advocating for baby boxes in Indiana for several years.
Cadet tzor

Next

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,