Conquer Club

2018 World Cup in Russia

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: 2018 World Cup in Russia

Postby BabySasuke on Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:25 pm

lads its coming home!
Major BabySasuke

Postby betiko on Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:16 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:
betiko wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:You seriously think Sweden will beat England? They're the weakest remaining team with no attacking force.

Yes, i seriously think you'll get wacked tomorrow. You seem to forget how they got there in the first place and that england hasn't done anything special. All I see are the tottenham players, the others are just doing jack shit, and they probably think like you... that sweden is just a mat they will scrap their shoes on and they are already thinking about croatia.

Just go tell that to the netherlands, italy, germany or switzerland. I don't think that england is superior to any of these 4.

My money is definitely on sweden, i haven't looked at the bookies but there is cash to be made there.

Sweden are always a solid team and have given England difficulty in the past, but they don't have any goal threat. No Ibrahimovic, no Larsson etc. They can hold their own in a game but they aint scoring goals. Germany came bottom of their group and still beat Sweden.

I do agree that most of the best performing players for England are at Tottenham. Kane, Trippier etc. I think as a team England are very hard to place accurately right now. They're a young squad and Southgate is promising in my opinion. He coached a lot of these guys at u21 and you can tell the mentality of the squad as a whole is on a different level to previous teams. I'm just glad to see a manager who wasn't an idiot like all the people who tried to put the biggest names into the squad like Gerrard, Lampard etc. instead of just building a team around Man Utd which they should've done back then.

Either way I'm excited.

Guidetti, Berg and Thoivonen ain't that bad. The best thing that happened to sweden was to get rid of zlatan... a worthless walking piece of shit with more ego than the entire country. They did beat mexico 3-0 to get the first place in their group stage.

Youth isn't an excuse since france has a much younger team than you guys for example.

But yes, I think southgate is a good coach for england. I just think that sweden is the typical trap game for england, just as iceland was in the last eurocup... and you guys are just overly optimistic after finally winning on penaltys.

I have nothing against england, it's just my forecast.
Major betiko

Postby waauw on Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:18 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:
betiko wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:You seriously think Sweden will beat England? They're the weakest remaining team with no attacking force.

Yes, i seriously think you'll get wacked tomorrow. You seem to forget how they got there in the first place and that england hasn't done anything special. All I see are the tottenham players, the others are just doing jack shit, and they probably think like you... that sweden is just a mat they will scrap their shoes on and they are already thinking about croatia.

Just go tell that to the netherlands, italy, germany or switzerland. I don't think that england is superior to any of these 4.

My money is definitely on sweden, i haven't looked at the bookies but there is cash to be made there.

Sweden are always a solid team and have given England difficulty in the past, but they don't have any goal threat. No Ibrahimovic, no Larsson etc. They can hold their own in a game but they aint scoring goals. Germany came bottom of their group and still beat Sweden.

I agree with that. I think this game will end in a draw and penalties. Personally I hope it doesn't happen because I want an all premier League game in the final with Belgium-England, but I just can't help imagining how painful it would be for England if it were to lose on penalties against Sweden, after finally lifting their curse.
Lieutenant waauw

Postby waauw on Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:22 am

betiko wrote:A real coin toss between france and belgium, but we've got more experience after losing the euro 16 final 2 years ago, we'll see.

I can't believe it's finally happening. In 2014 we missed the chance of a Belgium-Netherlands semi-final by losing against Argentina. In 2016 we missed a chance of meeting France in the finals by losing our "easier bracket" against Wales. Now finally we can play a neighbourly game near the end-game of a major tournament. Brazil-Belgium was special, but this one will be extra special. Can't wait!
Lieutenant waauw

Postby Keefie on Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:24 am

betiko wrote:
Youth isn't an excuse since france has a much younger team than you guys for example.

Wrong, we're equal on that one.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/865746/fifa-world-cup-2018-russia-teams-by-average-player-age/
Colonel Keefie

Postby BabySasuke on Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:38 am

Iā€™m gonna be hammered in an hour and a half, oh help me lord 10 am
Major BabySasuke

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:03 am

betiko wrote:Youth isn't an excuse since france has a much younger team than you guys for example.

I wasn't using it as an excuse, just talking about how exciting the England squad is right now.

[/quote]But yes, I think southgate is a good coach for england. I just think that sweden is the typical trap game for england, just as iceland was in the last eurocup... and you guys are just overly optimistic after finally winning on penaltys.[/quote]
Given how they thought they'd won against Colombia in 90mins (because Colombia didn't try to play football even though they actually can), and then it went all the way to penalties, I think that will give them as much of a reality check as it will a confidence boost. They'll realise it's great to finally fucking win a penalty shootout, but they'll also be aware they should've buried that game 30mins earlier.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:03 pm

WHERE YOU AT BETTY
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby betiko on Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:17 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:WHERE YOU AT BETTY

haha, i was doing stuff and taking care of my daughter with the TV on and my dad watching the game. He knows shit all about football and just watches world cups and eurocups. I wasn't around the TV and he goes like "goal for sweden!!!". So I was like, shit, I knew I had to bet on that offset, I knew it!

So Nietzsche had no electricity and was asking me about the game... I was like "yeah, sweden is winning, just as I told you!". So he starts laughing and saying that google mexico says 1-0 for england.. what kind of shit are they doing....
I started watching the second half, and it really took me a while to realise that my dad is fucking uncapable to understand who has scored in a match... and had to tell mr no electricity that actually... england was winning 1-0 lol

anyways, well done, too bad you won't be playing russia, there would've been some funny tense geopolitical tension there.
I honestly don't know who can win each semi final!
Major betiko

Postby The ram on Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:27 am

This England team is rubbish! The ball control, passing and creativity going forward are terrible. Defensively weak and only the keeper has played well. As an avid England supporter since the 1982 world cup, i have to say that this is the worst team I've seen. However, the bad luck that we've had for over 40 years in numerous world cups seems to be equalling out for us in just 1 competition. No injuries, extremely easy passage thus far and even fair refereeing is a first. I don't see us beating Croatia but they won't be as fresh and are older which could mean some of their key players may not be 100% or even near that to face England. It's quite possible we're going to be the luckiest world champion ever.
Cadet The ram

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:44 am

betiko wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:WHERE YOU AT BETTY

haha, i was doing stuff and taking care of my daughter with the TV on and my dad watching the game. He knows shit all about football and just watches world cups and eurocups. I wasn't around the TV and he goes like "goal for sweden!!!". So I was like, shit, I knew I had to bet on that offset, I knew it!

So Nietzsche had no electricity and was asking me about the game... I was like "yeah, sweden is winning, just as I told you!". So he starts laughing and saying that google mexico says 1-0 for england.. what kind of shit are they doing....
I started watching the second half, and it really took me a while to realise that my dad is fucking uncapable to understand who has scored in a match... and had to tell mr no electricity that actually... england was winning 1-0 lol

anyways, well done, too bad you won't be playing russia, there would've been some funny tense geopolitical tension there.
I honestly don't know who can win each semi final!

Hahaha. Nice you got to spend time with your daughter though. I think Croatia are looking a bit tired but who knows. Some people I know wanted Croatia to win just so we didn't have to cause political problems by playing vs Russia lol.

The ram wrote:This England team is rubbish! The ball control, passing and creativity going forward are terrible. Defensively weak and only the keeper has played well. As an avid England supporter since the 1982 world cup, i have to say that this is the worst team I've seen. However, the bad luck that we've had for over 40 years in numerous world cups seems to be equalling out for us in just 1 competition. No injuries, extremely easy passage thus far and even fair refereeing is a first. I don't see us beating Croatia but they won't be as fresh and are older which could mean some of their key players may not be 100% or even near that to face England. It's quite possible we're going to be the luckiest world champion ever.

u r dum
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby GoranZ on Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:36 am

The Neymar effect on little children

Even a little kid knows whats the name of my country... http://youtu.be/XFxjy7f9RpY

Interested in clans? Check out the Fallen!
Brigadier GoranZ

Postby Symmetry on Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:51 am

Meh, Neymar gets too much of a hard time. People need a villain in any great drama, and he's easy to blame given his dramatic displays, but this has been a tournament that showcased workhorse teams better than heroes and villains. Tactics and strategy over individual drama.

England vs Croatia should be interesting.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby The ram on Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:54 am

@iamcaffienne

You're obviously a soccermom that knows a miniscule amount of football knowledge gleaned from an equally dumdfuck journalist. So come on you tell me who has been playing well defensively? You tell me who has been creative going forward? Who's passing has opened up teams? I know you can't because you're an uninteresting vagina of a thing. And for a vagina to be uninteresting to me that's got to be one disgusting c__t!
Cadet The ram

Postby waauw on Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:54 am

I hope for England Southgate finally drops Sterling and Delle Alli, because quite frankly they've been terrible so far.
Lieutenant waauw

Postby Symmetry on Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:57 am

waauw wrote:I hope for England Southgate finally drops Sterling and Delle Alli, because quite frankly they've been terrible so far.

Dele Alli did score against Sweden, to be fair. Sterling...maybe...
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby waauw on Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:07 am

Symmetry wrote:
waauw wrote:I hope for England Southgate finally drops Sterling and Delle Alli, because quite frankly they've been terrible so far.

He did, but he is clearly not in his best form and in a semi-final of the world cup you need players in the shape of their life. I suspect Southgate made him play so much in the hope he would get in form right on time for the latter stages, but it seems the gamble hasn't payed off yet.
Lieutenant waauw

Postby Symmetry on Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:11 am

waauw wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

He did, but he is clearly not in his best form and in a semi-final of the world cup you need players in the shape of their life. I suspect Southgate made him play so much in the hope he would get in form right on time for the latter stages, but it seems the gamble hasn't payed off yet.

I disagree, we've had some of the best players in the world see their teams knocked out. It's not how a player plays, it's how they fit it into the team, and whether the team gets results.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby nietzsche on Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:15 am

the attack formation by Brazil in the second half vs Belgium was amazing.. Neymar, Coutinho, Firminho, Douglas Costa, Marcelo
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby Symmetry on Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:17 am

nietzsche wrote:the attack formation by Brazil in the second half vs Belgium was amazing.. Neymar, Coutinho, Firminho, Douglas Costa, Marcelo

Individuals, not team players for the most part.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:20 am

The ram wrote:@iamcaffienne

You're obviously a soccermom that knows a miniscule amount of football knowledge gleaned from an equally dumdfuck journalist. So come on you tell me who has been playing well defensively? You tell me who has been creative going forward? Who's passing has opened up teams? I know you can't because you're an uninteresting vagina of a thing. And for a vagina to be uninteresting to me that's got to be one disgusting c__t!

To call this team the worst since '82 is just stupid and doesn't dignify a proper response, never mind this quoted post. You're weird my dude.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby nietzsche on Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:21 am

why do you always have to be right? i was just commenting i thouhgt it was great. i've always liked douglas costa.. when he got in i thought they had to tie it, just by the sheer amount of talent in the pitch.

they missed 2 clear chances in that period.. tite's ruined celebration in both plays were very funny
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby waauw on Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:58 am

nietzsche wrote:why do you always have to be right? i was just commenting i thouhgt it was great. i've always liked douglas costa.. when he got in i thought they had to tie it, just by the sheer amount of talent in the pitch.

they missed 2 clear chances in that period.. tite's ruined celebration in both plays were very funny

Yeah I thought we were done for. I thought Brazil was still going to tie us, but honestly Tite brought Doubles Costa in waaaaaay too late and Firmino should have started. These two were gamechangers. Willian and Jesus were completely useless.

But hell, I think this must've been almost as great a relief for France, Croatia and England as it was for us Belgians. This Brazil was crazy strong.
Lieutenant waauw

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:18 am

On paper they were strong, not so much in action.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Symmetry on Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:43 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:On paper they were strong, not so much in action.

It's a game of two halves, lol. :D
Sergeant Symmetry

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,