Conquer Club

What's your best source for advice?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Who is the best source for good advice in your life?

Total votes : 0

What's your best source for advice?

Postby luns101 on Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:50 am

When tough times hit you, who is the best person/group of persons for you to get advice from? How bad would something have to be in your life before you would be willing to ask for advice in the first place? We all go through tough times, but should we seek counsel from someone who knows us...or should we seek the help of an objective professional?
Major luns101

Postby beezer on Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:56 am

Why didn't you ask me for some advice before starting this poll? :wink:

I voted for family member. Of course, I get opinions from many family members before making a final decision on tough matters.
Corporal 1st Class beezer

Postby Fircoal on Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:15 am

Conquer Club, or I go to the jail, and ask my buddies there what they think.

I'm not sure if it's working. :?
Vote: Mandy
Eddie35: hi everyone
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
Skoffin wrote: So um.. er... I'll be honest, I don't know what the f*ck to do from here. Goddamnit chu.
Captain Fircoal

Postby luns101 on Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:22 am

Fircoal wrote:Conquer Club, or I go to the jail, and ask my buddies there what they think.

Do you know NUKE?
Major luns101

Postby Fircoal on Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:31 am

luns101 wrote:
Fircoal wrote:Conquer Club, or I go to the jail, and ask my buddies there what they think.

Do you know NUKE?

nope. ;) [size=0]I was kidding if you couldn't tell[/size]
Vote: Mandy
Eddie35: hi everyone
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
Skoffin wrote: So um.. er... I'll be honest, I don't know what the f*ck to do from here. Goddamnit chu.
Captain Fircoal

Postby debra79 on Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:40 am

I work through it myself. I don't need anyone telling me how to fix my problems. I'm in control of my life and I'm the only one who can change what I don't like.
Corporal debra79

Postby Stopper on Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:04 am

The bottom of a pint glass.
Lieutenant Stopper

Postby Guiscard on Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:08 am

Stopper wrote:The bottom of a pint glass.

Nah. You never find it in the first...
qwert wrote:Can i ask you something?What is porpose for you to open these Political topic in ConquerClub? Why you mix politic with Risk? Why you not open topic like HOT AND SEXY,or something like that.
Private 1st Class Guiscard

Postby diddle on Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:49 am

i keep a lot of my life seperate from my family, i don't know why, i just do, so i normally consult a friend
Cadet diddle

Postby Skittles! on Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:52 am

diddle wrote:i keep a lot of my life seperate from my family, i don't know why, i just do, so i normally consult a friend

QTF. I hardly tell my parents anything. Though, I may consult a friend, a close one, or just sought it out myself.
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Private Skittles!

Postby nagerous on Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:53 am

None of the above, I tend to keep problems bottled up and work on instinct when I am trying to solve issues that I have.
Captain nagerous

Postby diddle on Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:56 am

Skittles! wrote:
diddle wrote:i keep a lot of my life seperate from my family, i don't know why, i just do, so i normally consult a friend

QTF. I hardly tell my parents anything. Though, I may consult a friend, a close one, or just sought it out myself.

i know, i just know my parents wouldn't approve
Cadet diddle

Postby Skittles! on Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:00 am

diddle wrote:
Skittles! wrote:

Approve of what? If you don't mind me asking.
And why wouldn't they? A parent should always approve of whatever their child does or is. No matter what their personal beliefs are.
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Private Skittles!

Postby diddle on Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:02 am

Skittles! wrote:
diddle wrote:
Skittles! wrote:

And why wouldn't they? A parent should always approve of whatever their child does or is. No matter what their personal beliefs are.

well, lets just say they think i'm a perfect student who never messes about and always does his homework and behaves.....the reality is much different, and my sister was so perfect aswell, they want me to be just like her
Cadet diddle

Postby Skittles! on Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:05 am

diddle wrote:
Skittles! wrote:
diddle wrote:
Skittles! wrote:

well, lets just say they think i'm a perfect student who never messes about and always does his homework and behaves.....the reality is much different, and my sister was so perfect aswell, they want me to be just like her

Ha, yeah, that would suck. Well, I hope they don't put too much pressure on you, and remember, no one is perfect, they just do the best they can.
Private Skittles!

Postby diddle on Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:07 am

Skittles! wrote:
diddle wrote:
Skittles! wrote:
diddle wrote:
Skittles! wrote:

Ha, yeah, that would suck. Well, I hope they don't put too much pressure on you, and remember, no one is perfect, they just do the best they can.

thanks, that sounds like something outta a disney movie
Cadet diddle

Postby Skittles! on Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:10 am

Psh, it must be corny then.

And I doubt your sister was quite as 'perfect' as it seemed to be.
Private Skittles!

Postby diddle on Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:18 am

Skittles! wrote:Psh, it must be corny then.

well, she wasn't very good at maths, and i was

its so annying, i'm good at all the subjects i hate
Cadet diddle

Postby Skittles! on Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:21 am

diddle wrote:
Skittles! wrote:Psh, it must be corny then.

well, she wasn't very good at maths, and i was

its so annying, i'm good at all the subjects i hate

I love maths. It's quite fantastic and amazing. You'll probably start to like it soon enough.

But back on topic..
Private Skittles!

Postby diddle on Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:22 am

yeah, my friends are real good friends, we never ever really fall out
Cadet diddle

Postby luns101 on Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:54 pm

I am surprised that more people have not selected a licensed professional as a source of good advice! So these people that have chosen that profession go through school and countless hours of training and people would rather talk to someone else. I think that says a lot.

...or maybe it's a $$ issue as well.
Major luns101

Postby luns101 on Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:56 pm

Skittles! wrote:A parent should always approve of whatever their child does or is. No matter what their personal beliefs are.

I hope you were just kidding when you wrote that.

If not...please explain.
Major luns101

Postby unriggable on Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:57 pm

luns101 wrote:
Skittles! wrote:A parent should always approve of whatever their child does or is. No matter what their personal beliefs are.

I hope you were just kidding when you wrote that.

If not...please explain.

I disagree with both of you. A parent should to a certain extent tolerate what a child does BECAUSE they are their primary teachers.
Cook unriggable

Postby firth4eva on Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:58 pm

any problems i have i just ask my little 8ball thing
Captain firth4eva

Postby b.k. barunt on Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:25 pm

luns101 wrote:I am surprised that more people have not selected a licensed professional as a source of good advice! So these people that have chosen that profession go through school and countless hours of training and people would rather talk to someone else. I think that says a lot.

...or maybe it's a $$ issue as well.
"Licensed professionals" - LMAO! If you take a self obsessed wanker and give him "years of professional training", he will still be a wanker, but he will be educated and even more self obsessed. If you think that education magically transforms a loser into an apt counselor, you are very naive (to put it nicely) I was sent to a plethora of counselors and psychologists from the time i was 5 or 6, until i left home at 16, and found them all to be rather dumb, but well payed. During those formative years, i found some adults that were able to get through to me, and some that i even learned from, but none of these were "trained professionals", aside from a couple of teachers, who were not trained as psychologists or counselors. I have a degree in social work, and am now "qualified" as a professional, but they taught me absolutely nothing as far as counseling people. The only reason i got the degree was so that i could "legitimately" do what i was doing already. You put way to much emphasis on this so called "professional training". You want someone "qualified" to give advice? Find someone who has been "chewed up and spit out" and lived to tell the tale.
Cook b.k. barunt

Next

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,