Conquer Club

Best Star Trek Captain

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Who is the best Star Trek captain?

Total votes : 0

Postby btownmeggy on Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:22 am

Sackett58 wrote:Enterprise had so much promise. At the end the only thing I looked forward to was Sato and T'Pol coming back from planet missions. :lol:

*hyperventilates*

Every scene in that room made me so horribly uncomfortable.
Corporal btownmeggy

Postby Sackett58 on Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:32 pm

btownmeggy wrote:
Sackett58 wrote:Enterprise had so much promise. At the end the only thing I looked forward to was Sato and T'Pol coming back from planet missions. :lol:

*hyperventilates*

Every scene in that room made me so horribly uncomfortable.

(passes brown paper bag) Here, breath. My wife is happy that scene won't be around any more either. :lol:
Major Sackett58

Postby Sackett58 on Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:55 pm

Syzygy wrote:This man right here:

I have to admit, Patrick Stewart was pretty impressive doing his one man show of Charles Dickens "A Christmas Carol" on stage several years ago.
Major Sackett58

Postby Nobunaga on Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:47 pm

Sackett58 wrote:
Syzygy wrote:This man right here:

I have to admit, Patrick Stewart was pretty impressive doing his one man show of Charles Dickens "A Christmas Carol" on stage several years ago.

... Stewart is undoubtedly the best actor of all those under consideration.

... Re-thinking this poll... who was (is) the best Trek Captain... Which captain would you (anybody here) choose to serve under on a ship?

... Sisko won my vote previously... in the all-around best captain role, but I'd choose to be on board Kirk's Enterprise. ... so long as I wasn't stuck wearing a red shirt! :lol:

Sergeant 1st Class Nobunaga

Postby bob3603 on Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:17 am

Colonel bob3603

Postby Jenos Ridan on Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:32 am

Lest you didn't claim the best was that holodeck fantasy captain Jon Archer. And Kirk is first, always. I don't care if Baldy has 35% of the vote.
"There is only one road to peace, and that is to conquer"-Hunter Clark

"Give a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life"- Something Hunter would say
Private Jenos Ridan

Postby MR. Nate on Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:58 am

Don't mess with Baldy!

Make is so, number 1.
AAFitz wrote:There will always be cheaters, abusive players, terrible players, and worse. But we have every right to crush them.
MeDeFe wrote:This is a forum on the internet, what do you expect?

End the Flame Wars.
Corporal MR. Nate

Postby btownmeggy on Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:25 am

Nobunaga wrote:. Re-thinking this poll... who was (is) the best Trek Captain... Which captain would you (anybody here) choose to serve under on a ship?

... Sisko won my vote previously... in the all-around best captain role, but I'd choose to be on board Kirk's Enterprise. ... so long as I wasn't stuck wearing a red shirt! :lol:

Now I like this question. I, too, might very well choose Kirk's Enterprise. There's always parties happening, when Spock pulls out the lyre, Uhura starts singing, and Bones pops the top to a bottle of Romulan Ale.

However, I think I'd also like being on Janeway's Voyager (minus the tens of thousands of lightyears away from home bit). Janeway gives lots of hugs and cries a little when she tells her crewmembers how much she loves them.
Corporal btownmeggy

Postby Sackett58 on Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:00 am

btownmeggy wrote:
Nobunaga wrote:. Re-thinking this poll... who was (is) the best Trek Captain... Which captain would you (anybody here) choose to serve under on a ship?

Now I like this question. I, too, might very well choose Kirk's Enterprise. There's always parties happening, when Spock pulls out the lyre, Uhura starts singing, and Bones pops the top to a bottle of Romulan Ale.

However, I think I'd also like being on Janeway's Voyager (minus the tens of thousands of lightyears away from home bit). Janeway gives lots of hugs and cries a little when she tells her crewmembers how much she loves them.

There's no crying in Star Trek!!!!
Major Sackett58

Postby Nobunaga on Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:19 am

... If stuck on Janeway's Voyager I'd have volunteered to be assimilated !

... Crying and hugs.... gag. I'd rather hang with Kirk and Scotty, drinking Scotch and watching those green dancing girls! ... bragging about how many Kilingons we beat up and all that. Haha!

... Image
Sergeant 1st Class Nobunaga

Postby vtmarik on Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:30 am

Captain Christopher Pike... The ORIGINAL captain of the Enterprise.

HA!

Jenos Ridan wrote:

Lest you didn't claim the best was that holodeck fantasy captain Jon Archer. And Kirk is first, always. I don't care if Baldy has 35% of the vote.

I would like to state that I guessed that the whole Enterprise thing was a fantasy while watching season one (Though I incorrectly assumed that it would've been a book written by Jake Sisko).
Initiate discovery! Fire the Machines! Throw the switch Igor! THROW THE F***ING SWITCH!
Cadet vtmarik

Postby Sackett58 on Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:05 pm

vtmarik wrote:Captain Christopher Pike... The ORIGINAL captain of the Enterprise.

HA!

Jenos Ridan wrote:

I would like to state that I guessed that the whole Enterprise thing was a fantasy while watching season one (Though I incorrectly assumed that it would've been a book written by Jake Sisko).

I don't know. Pike was easily influenced by a woman which eventually got him captured. Then he ends up disfigured and immobile in the end. How many other blunders did he have in between. I'll stick with Kirk.
Major Sackett58

Postby vtmarik on Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:09 pm

Sackett58 wrote: I don't know. Pike was easily influenced by a woman which eventually got him captured.

So was the rest of his crew, even Spock was boondoggled by the Talosian's illusion.

Then he ends up disfigured and immobile in the end. How many other blunders did he have in between. I'll stick with Kirk.

Wikipedia wrote:He is severely injured while rescuing several cadets from a baffle plate rupture onboard a J-class training vessel, the delta ray radiation leaving him mute, badly scarred, and confined to a wheelchair at Starbase 11. Pike's wheelchair is operated by brainwaves, and his only means of communicating is through a light on the chair: one flash meaning "yes" and two flashes indicating "no".

That's a hero! Kirk wouldn't have ever done that, he would've sent a red shirt to do it.
Initiate discovery! Fire the Machines! Throw the switch Igor! THROW THE F***ING SWITCH!
Cadet vtmarik

Postby Sackett58 on Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:14 pm

vtmarik wrote:
Sackett58 wrote: I don't know. Pike was easily influenced by a woman which eventually got him captured.

So was the rest of his crew, even Spock was boondoggled by the Talosian's illusion.

Then he ends up disfigured and immobile in the end. How many other blunders did he have in between. I'll stick with Kirk.

Wikipedia wrote:He is severely injured while rescuing several cadets from a baffle plate rupture onboard a J-class training vessel, the delta ray radiation leaving him mute, badly scarred, and confined to a wheelchair at Starbase 11. Pike's wheelchair is operated by brainwaves, and his only means of communicating is through a light on the chair: one flash meaning "yes" and two flashes indicating "no".

That's a hero! Kirk wouldn't have ever done that, he would've sent a red shirt to do it.

But if Kirk was in charge would it have happened in the first place. :wink:
Major Sackett58

Postby btownmeggy on Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:16 pm

vtmarik wrote:
Jenos Ridan wrote:

Star Trek: Enterprise IS NOT a fantasy. The FINAL EPISODE and the FINAL EPISODE only take place in a holodeck.
Corporal btownmeggy

Postby autoload on Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:02 pm

Any questions?
Major autoload

Postby vtmarik on Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:47 pm

autoload wrote:Image

Any questions?

Two words: Ceti eel.
Cadet vtmarik

Postby Sackett58 on Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:50 pm

vtmarik wrote:
autoload wrote:Image

Any questions?

Two words: Ceti eel.

He is wearing red.
Major Sackett58

Postby Jenos Ridan on Wed Jul 04, 2007 4:32 am

MR. Nate wrote:Don't mess with Baldy!

Make is so, number 1.

*Garth of Izar eats Picard during a relapse into insanity. Kirk straggles Worf and bangs every female on the E-D (don't count as unwanted if they wanted it, right? :wink: ). Khan disembowels Riker and Geordy, following his de-activation and disassembage of the toaster(Data) with Scotty's help. Spock writes a computer virus which activates the self-destruct in all UPF vessels, and before the band of TOS characters returns to their ship, Uhura transmits the virus over the commlink from the E-D to all TNG-era ships, destorying them all before any warning could get out. The Enterprise under Kirk is now en-route to Earth to undo the damage of Baldy. McCoy breaks out the Saurian Brandy and Romulan Ale. Life is good.

"Give a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life"- Something Hunter would say
Private Jenos Ridan

Postby lduke1990 on Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:02 pm

sorry I have to say the Geordi LaForge makes the best captain (referring to the episode of Voyager where they try a quantum leap and only Kim and Chakotay (sp) survive and then when they try and fix it in the stolen delta flyer Geordi is the captain sent to get them). Also Christopher Pike (from the TOS pilot that was originally filmed and the "The Cage" and "The Menagerie" episodes.
We are the Borg. We come to assimilate your technology. Resistance is futile
Private lduke1990

Postby Jenos Ridan on Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:56 am

btownmeggy wrote:
vtmarik wrote:
Jenos Ridan wrote:

Star Trek: Enterprise IS NOT a fantasy. The FINAL EPISODE and the FINAL EPISODE only take place in a holodeck.

It is because the writters pulled the "St. Eslewhere" stunt. If the final episode wasn't enough, then how about Borg Drones in the 22nd century? Sulaban 'Cloaking devises'? Or how about "uh, Klingons now not have bumpy foreheads cause they injected themselves with some of Khan's blood"? The Xindi and their wanktastic Death Star rip-off? How about the fact that Archer technically already knew what was out there before leaving and inter-stellar polictics already being present? I don't got either the time nor the desire to dig up more flaws in why Enterprise should be Star Trek Canon. Other than the Paramount seal of approval, it violates Trek in ways so heinous to fully comprehend.

Private Jenos Ridan

Postby Jenos Ridan on Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:06 am

lduke1990 wrote:sorry I have to say the Geordi LaForge makes the best captain (referring to the episode of Voyager where they try a quantum leap and only Kim and Chakotay (sp) survive and then when they try and fix it in the stolen delta flyer Geordi is the captain sent to get them). Also Christopher Pike (from the TOS pilot that was originally filmed and the "The Cage" and "The Menagerie" episodes.

Bah, Humbug! Kirk wins, Pike only comes in second 'cause Roddenberry found Shatner to be a better actor. Ever watch the old Twilight Zone? And the First captain of the Enterprise was a guy called Robert April. LaVar Burton plays the role of UN Delegate in that episode, so ick! (Tangent mode) The UN is right, you can't get more 'un'......(Tangent mode off)

Baldy is tolerable only in movie form, and even then he pales in comparison.

Janeway is better suited to being someones 'Riker'.

Sisko could have died in a turbolift accident in the first episode and I don't think I'd have cared 'cept "Woah, this is hardcore. Dude, they like off'ed the guy in the first episode man".

Jonathan Archer? Sorry, Jonathan who? Oh, you mean Riker's holodeck fantasy. Oh, ok.

Private Jenos Ridan

Postby vtmarik on Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:14 am

Jenos Ridan wrote:
lduke1990 wrote:sorry I have to say the Geordi LaForge makes the best captain (referring to the episode of Voyager where they try a quantum leap and only Kim and Chakotay (sp) survive and then when they try and fix it in the stolen delta flyer Geordi is the captain sent to get them). Also Christopher Pike (from the TOS pilot that was originally filmed and the "The Cage" and "The Menagerie" episodes.

Bah, Humbug! Kirk wins, Pike only comes in second 'cause Roddenberry found Shatner to be a better actor. Ever watch the old Twilight Zone? And the First captain of the Enterprise was a guy called Robert April. LaVar Burton plays the role of UN Delegate in that episode, so ick! (Tangent mode) The UN is right, you can't get more 'un'......(Tangent mode off)
No, the only reason Pike wasn't captain for longer was because his wife convinced him that SciFi was "beneath him."

If he had ignored her, he could've been a great captain.
Cadet vtmarik

Postby Sackett58 on Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:06 pm

vtmarik wrote:
Jenos Ridan wrote:

No, the only reason Pike wasn't captain for longer was because his wife convinced him that SciFi was "beneath him."

If he had ignored her, he could've been a great captain.

Alas it was meant to happen that Shatner would become Kirk. If Jeffrey Hunter decided to take the part the movie remakes would have been hard to cast since Jeffrey Hunter died at the age of 42 in 1969 from a stroke.
Major Sackett58

Postby lduke1990 on Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:55 pm

also the TV producers nixed the planned pilot in which Pike was captain, they then wrote 3 other pilots with kirk as captain
We are the Borg. We come to assimilate your technology. Resistance is futile
Private lduke1990

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,