Conquer Club

Russians arming the Mujahideen

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Russians arming the Mujahideen

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:04 am

I bet nobody could've predicted this in 1979. We have now come full circle from Rambo III and The Living Daylights to the modern day.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-43500299
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Re: Russians arming the Mujahideen

Postby mrswdk on Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:06 am

Give it a decade or two and America will be supplying arms to Assad then.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:07 am

mrswdk wrote:Give it a decade or two and America will be supplying arms to Assad then.

I think eventually the Cold War needs to end. Do you think it might end when China becomes the global superpower?

What is a timeline on this? Empires come and go; both the Soviets and the Yanks are starting to overstay their welcome.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby mrswdk on Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:13 pm

China's weight on the world stage is now at least as great as the USSR's was during the Cold War, and so far China has shown none of the inclination to get involved in proxy wars, destabilize foreign governments etc. that American and the USSR (and now Russia) have. China's approach to spreading its influence so far has been almost entirely through trade and investment.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby mookiemcgee on Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:55 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
mrswdk wrote:Give it a decade or two and America will be supplying arms to Assad then.

I think eventually the Cold War needs to end. Do you think it might end when China becomes the global superpower?

What is a timeline on this? Empires come and go; both the Soviets and the Yanks are starting to overstay their welcome.

i dunno bro, Trump seems to be doing he best to make sure the cold war goes on for another couple decades! though maybe we can just keep fighting each other in the middle east and re-brand it the "Hot War" it being fought in the desert and all.
Colonel mookiemcgee

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,