Conquer Club

SJW

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

People who use SJW?

They are dumb
50%
They're kinda dumb
No votes
Not sure
13%
They have a point
19%
They are right
13%
Kittens are cute
6%

Total votes : 16

Re: SJW

Postby riskllama on Thu May 24, 2018 9:17 pm

HOORAY 4 LLAMA!!!
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby Symmetry on Fri May 25, 2018 1:23 am

riskllama wrote:ok, am just in the middle of episode IV, where the falcon escapes from the Death Star - Luke & Han are each manning a turret & it's just Leia & Chewie in the cockpit. do you think Han just handed over control of his means to earn a living to Leia - a complete stranger to him he met hours earlier - or to Chewbacca - his loyal co pilot of many years? i think we can thankfully put this debate to rest now, can't we?

Seems definitive.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby riskllama on Fri May 25, 2018 12:05 pm

Chewie is also definitely piloting the Falcon when Lando, Leia & him take off from Bespin... ;)
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby pickleofdoom on Tue May 29, 2018 4:17 pm

SJW is a bad name for a genuiune pernicious phenomenon which needs a good name. I can remember when Gordon Brown used to use the phrase "social justice" a lot. And I hardly think of him as a snowflake. It used to refer to things like workers rights and the minimum wage.

I saw an interview with Slavoj Zizek where he coined the name "radical centre," and identifies the phenomenon where marginal issues are used as a kind of outsourced revolutionary subject. So some marginalised group such as transgender is regarded as a proxy for the proletariat, and some bigots (maybe some uneducated working class white men) are a proxy for the oppressor class. This is allows them to feel that they are being radical, without engaging in anything like class struggle.
Colonel pickleofdoom

Postby pickleofdoom on Tue May 29, 2018 4:55 pm

Here is a different perspective I just read, and it seemed worth considering:

https://medium.com/@shujaxhaider/what-m ... 39902b2529
Colonel pickleofdoom

Postby Bernie Sanders on Tue May 29, 2018 5:03 pm

pickleofdoom wrote:Here is a different perspective I just read, and it seemed worth considering:

https://medium.com/@shujaxhaider/what-m ... 39902b2529

Poor crackers, what a sad story.
Sergeant 1st Class Bernie Sanders

Postby 2dimes on Sat Jan 23, 2021 1:05 pm

2dimes wrote:This guy started complaining last year. He makes some reasonable points but
I'm not sure I care. I'm annoyed that they cast a guy that is nothing like Han Solo after Han Solo has been established for 40 years. Maybe they did that intentionally to undermine white male actors.

I disagree with the guy about Rey. I quite like her. For me she turns out way stronger than Leia.
Corporal 2dimes

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,