Conquer Club

SJW

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

People who use SJW?

They are dumb
50%
They're kinda dumb
No votes
Not sure
13%
They have a point
19%
They are right
13%
Kittens are cute
6%

Total votes : 16

Re: SJW

Postby 2dimes on Wed May 23, 2018 5:58 pm

Symmetry wrote:
2dimes wrote:Never mind that. He's been working as first officer on type for thirty five years, some bimbo shows up and immediately gets the Melinium Falcon captain position.

Classic affirmative action bs right there.

I guess he also got passed over for Lando in Return of the Jedi. Still seems like it's a human race first kind of thing.

I'm undecided about wether to go see it or wait for home release but if you go Friday you'll see that Lando was the original owner of the Falcon. So though he wasn't current, he definately had captain time and seniority.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby Symmetry on Wed May 23, 2018 6:10 pm

2dimes wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
2dimes wrote:Never mind that. He's been working as first officer on type for thirty five years, some bimbo shows up and immediately gets the Melinium Falcon captain position.

Classic affirmative action bs right there.

I guess he also got passed over for Lando in Return of the Jedi. Still seems like it's a human race first kind of thing.

I'm undecided about wether to go see it or wait for home release but if you go Friday you'll see that Lando was the original owner of the Falcon. So though he wasn't current, he definately had captain time and seniority.

It was already clear that he was the original owner, to be fair. Han won the ship off of Lando. That doesn't give him senior rank in the new crew.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby 2dimes on Wed May 23, 2018 6:13 pm

Actually it does but carry on.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby Symmetry on Wed May 23, 2018 6:28 pm

2dimes wrote:Actually it does but carry on.

Lol- Lando excuses:

"I'm the former owner of your dad's car, even if you're insured kid, I'm now the driver"

"I own this because I used to own this- Seniority!"

*Buckle up buddy, I know there's a chain of command, but I used to be a captain!"

"I lost this due to my gambling problem, trust me!"

"Everyone who wants me to take over say aye! That's an aye and a wroar. All nays? One wroar? Ayes have it."

"Sorry about the end of episode V. The next movie will be better, trust me!"
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby 2dimes on Wed May 23, 2018 7:42 pm

Keep digging you'll get out.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby Symmetry on Wed May 23, 2018 7:57 pm

Symmetry wrote:
2dimes wrote:Actually it does but carry on.

Lol- Lando excuses:

"I'm the former owner of your dad's car, even if you're insured kid, I'm now the driver"

"I own this because I used to own this- Seniority!"

*Buckle up buddy, I know there's a chain of command, but I used to be a captain!"

"I lost this due to my gambling problem, trust me!"

"Everyone who wants me to take over say aye! That's an aye and a wroar. All nays? One wroar? Ayes have it."

"Sorry about the end of episode V. The next movie will be better, trust me!"

2dimes wrote:Keep digging you'll get out.

I won long ago- the moment you couldn't even quote me in your replies. The rest is just gravy until I get bored, kid.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby 2dimes on Wed May 23, 2018 8:03 pm

Why would I quote any of that? None of it's relevant to what I'm talking about. But hey, who am I to suggest a two crew space ship is different from "your dad's car"?
Corporal 2dimes

Postby riskllama on Wed May 23, 2018 8:05 pm

i'm not on board w/Lando superseding Chewie just because he was a former captain of the Falcon - makes no sense to me.
*shrugs*
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby Symmetry on Wed May 23, 2018 8:12 pm

2dimes wrote:Why would I quote any of that? None of it's relevant to what I'm talking about. But hey, who am I to suggest a two crew space ship is different from "your dad's car"?

You came so close! And then you backed out at the last minute! I'd be disappointed if I hadn't already pointed out that it was your MO.

Moving on, anyway, what was Luke doing manning the turret on a two crew spaceship? Could it be that you are wrong again?
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Symmetry on Wed May 23, 2018 8:14 pm

riskllama wrote:i'm not on board w/Lando superseding Chewie just because he was a former captain of the Falcon - makes no sense to me.
*shrugs*

It makes zero sense.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby riskllama on Wed May 23, 2018 8:19 pm

affirmative action, perhaps?
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Thu May 24, 2018 3:11 am

In boating, captaincy requires licensing dependant on exams and previous service in various roles. Perhaps chewbacca hasn't passed his exam yet.
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby 2dimes on Thu May 24, 2018 5:45 am

Sure in the real world, but Symmetry figures if he swamps for Llama who bought a truck off Dukasaur for long enough. Then Llama gets frozen, Symmetry will have seen enough riding bitch, he's going to try to drive Duk around.

After all he knows how to switch channels on the CB and even though he can't speak English he has heard Llama use it, "Breaker breaker good buddy, you got your ears on? come on." He's even able to tie down a load. Shifting gears can't be too hard.

Now that Neil Peart is retired, since I've been listening to this song for over thirty five years. Who do you think plays it better on drums? Me and Llama or this little bastard?

Symmetry and Llama figure any vehicle. Cars, light rail transit, boats, B trains, airplanes and space ships are all pretty much the same. If you ride around in one for long enough you can operate them. "Don't panic folks, the the train stopped because the engineer Is incapacitated, but I've been commuting via the tube in London all my life. I'll get us to the station."

Symmetry wrote:I won long ago- the moment you couldn't even quote me in your replies. The rest is just gravy until I get bored, kid.

Of course you did tiger. Wouldn't equals couldn't in your world.

Go and reward yourself, buy something nice with this $100 novelty cheque. Porter can drive you to the bank to cash it into Scottish pounds.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby riskllama on Thu May 24, 2018 11:47 am

hmm, chewbacca is literally credited everywhere i looked as a "co-pilot" to Han on the falcon. i had always assumed that living & working w/Han aboard the Falcon for what, 35 plus years give or take?, the situation would have come up where it was required that he take the reins in the cockpit for whatever reason. apparently there is a scene in SOLO where he is, in fact, piloting the Falcon all by himself, but i haven't seen it yet, so i cannot confirm this. lol, this argument is pretty stupid, even for me - so i'll let you two continue it w/o me, should you choose to do so.
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby 2dimes on Thu May 24, 2018 1:43 pm

I'm going to guess that you also don't know the difference between flying, being a gunner and landing. In WW II there was often only one guy on board during a bomb run that could do either. The Lancaster did not even have dual controls. If the Pilot was shot the rest of the guys earned a "Silk worm." Again, if Chewbacca could land he's not going to be Captain and working the radios. English, the international language of aviation. "Melenium Flacon this is Alderan Center on 122.75." "Wraor gargle arrgggh." Puzzled controllers, "What was that" Keys mic, "Station calling, Uh, say again?"
Corporal 2dimes

Postby thegreekdog on Thu May 24, 2018 2:13 pm

Wasn't it established in TFA that Rey is an objectively better pilot than Chewie (and Han for that matter)? Wouldn't everyone involved, including Chewie, want the better pilot to pilot the Falcon?

I don't know Lando's piloting credentials, but I believe Nien Numb was a weapons dealer, not a pilot, so it wasn't like he was qualified to pilot the Falcon. Shit, I don't even know why he was in a spaceship battle instead of on Endor.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby 2dimes on Thu May 24, 2018 2:33 pm

thegreekdog wrote:Wasn't it established in TFA that Rey is an objectively better pilot than Chewie (and Han for that matter)? Wouldn't everyone involved, including Chewie, want the better pilot to pilot the Falcon?

Maybe but the meme with Chewie getting passed up for promotion when she shows up is still funny.

Usually if they direct hire a Captain instead of promoting you, you weren't ready for your PPC. Guys still find it suspicious when the new boobs get the left seat.

Every woman I have flown with (all of them were my instructor) was better than me but.. If you think companies would never hire a female specifically to fill a quota, I'll laugh right at you. It's like fire fighters, there is gender specific requirements instead of a single set.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby riskllama on Thu May 24, 2018 3:08 pm

2dimes wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:Wasn't it established in TFA that Rey is an objectively better pilot than Chewie (and Han for that matter)? Wouldn't everyone involved, including Chewie, want the better pilot to pilot the Falcon?

Maybe but the meme with Chewie getting passed up for promotion when she shows up is still funny.

Usually if they direct hire a Captain instead of promoting you, you weren't ready for your PPC. Guys still find it suspicious when the new boobs get the left seat.

Every woman I have flown with (all of them were my instructor) was better than me but.. If you think companies would never hire a female specifically to fill a quota, I'll laugh right at you. It's like fire fighters, there is gender specific requirements instead of a single set.

why are you comparing Star Wars to the real world, 2dimes?
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby thegreekdog on Thu May 24, 2018 3:15 pm

riskllama wrote:
2dimes wrote:

why are you comparing Star Wars to the real world, 2dimes?

It's like if the Red Baron shows up - you going to let him fly the plane or are you going to fly the plane because "I've been the co-pilot for 40 years!"

Frankly, from an SJW perspective, it's hard to determine the best result:

- Gender (born with) - Rey (female) beats Chewie (male)
- Gender (identified with) - Unknown
- Sexual preference - Rey (unknown) beats Chewie (hetero - he has a wife and kid on Kashyyk)
- Racial status - Chewie (wookie) beats Rey (white)
- Racial history - Chewie (wookies were former slaves) beats Rey (humans were not former slaves)
- Religious - Rey (minority religion) and Chewie (no religion) tie.

I think Rey loses points because her race were the enslavers of the Wookies. It's still a difficult question.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby DaGip on Thu May 24, 2018 3:23 pm

Number of Genders.
Male.
Female.
And every once in a while, through random genetic mutation, a person is born with both parts; but they identify with one or the other.
72 genders? Bullshit.
A dick and a pussy...that's it. Male and Female. There is no Cis/Star Child/Chimichanga genders!
Those are called "Mental Disorders".
Ok.
Soapbox done.
Army of GOD wrote:This thread is now about my large penis
Sergeant 1st Class DaGip

Postby mrswdk on Thu May 24, 2018 4:06 pm

Male and female are sexes, not genders.

You could argue that there are still only two genders - masculine and feminine - but given gender is the one that's socially constructed you could in theory created however many genders you like.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby 2dimes on Thu May 24, 2018 4:54 pm

riskllama wrote:why are you comparing Star Wars to the real world, 2dimes?

Why not? It's interesting.

It's all come unraveled but George kind of loosely based the stuff on real planes and situations. The things he got right are pretty cool. It makes it more fun than just completely making a movie up. That way, when you see things that make sense, you get more interested.

Same with American Graffitti, though he kind of had to, he used real functioning hot rods and it's incredible. It's like hanging out with my buddies down town on the weekends or going to race city back in the early 1990s.

You should chat with pilots when some movie comes out with too much CGI and the planes don't fly right. "What was that? I can't believe they make this garbage. Bitch bitch bitch bitch bitch..."
Corporal 2dimes

Postby DaGip on Thu May 24, 2018 6:07 pm

mrswdk wrote:Male and female are sexes, not genders.

You could argue that there are still only two genders - masculine and feminine - but given gender is the one that's socially constructed you could in theory created however many genders you like.

that makes sense in China.
Gender is based on sex classification.
Male and Female.
There are two Genders/Sexes.
Sorry.
my belief.
Can't change.
Maybe in China you can have 72 genders.
This is a mental disorder, imo.
Army of GOD wrote:This thread is now about my large penis
Sergeant 1st Class DaGip

Postby riskllama on Thu May 24, 2018 8:47 pm

ok, am just in the middle of episode IV, where the falcon escapes from the Death Star - Luke & Han are each manning a turret & it's just Leia & Chewie in the cockpit. do you think Han just handed over control of his means to earn a living to Leia - a complete stranger to him he met hours earlier - or to Chewbacca - his loyal co pilot of many years? i think we can thankfully put this debate to rest now, can't we?
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby 2dimes on Thu May 24, 2018 9:14 pm

The co-pilot is not a Captain debate? Sure.

We have to ignore that in Europe there is a co-pilot license and that someone with it cannot be PIC unless they get a higher license. So while they are qualified to watch things on auto pilot so the Captain can rest..

Never mind, you and your bud are obviously experts.

Win away. Ask him for some of that hundred bucks.
Corporal 2dimes

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,