Conquer Club

RIP Tadcu

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

RIP Tadcu

Postby jonesthecurl on Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:10 pm

My Dad passed away this morning.
In his memory I re-posted (on my blog) his account of being torpedoed back in WWII.
https://itsjonesey.wixsite.com/mysite/single-post/2018/07/06/RIP-John-Hall-Jones
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Sergeant 1st Class jonesthecurl

Re: RIP Tadcu

Postby HitRed on Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:12 pm

Condolences to you and the family. We also thank your dad for the wonderful service he as given to country.

HitRed
Last edited by HitRed on Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain HitRed

Postby IcePack on Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:14 pm

Sorry to hear, my condolences

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Mad777 on Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:13 pm

Sinceres condolences mate.
".....Under Phucumol treatment....."
https://youtu.be/zlusWzDY4qw
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby 2dimes on Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:23 pm

Sad to see Jones. Hope you can spend time with your children.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby jonesthecurl on Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:14 pm

We are all going over to the UK at the end of the month - a rare family trip - me, Mrs tc, both kids, and the grandaughter. We're putting the funeral off until we all get there. We were hoping to spend a few days with "Tadcu" (that's Welsh for "Grandad", by the way) - but the end came very suddenly, so it's not to be.
The kids now have one surviving grandparent.

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:27 am

jonesthecurl wrote:We are all going over to the UK at the end of the month - a rare family trip - me, Mrs tc, both kids, and the grandaughter. We're putting the funeral off until we all get there. We were hoping to spend a few days with "Tadcu" (that's Welsh for "Grandad", by the way) - but the end came very suddenly, so it's not to be.
The kids now have one surviving grandparent.

I never know anything good to say in these situations. You're one of the solid members of our little community, and if you need to talk things out, in public or in private, we're here for you. Sorry for your loss and I hope you find some meaning in your trip.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby warmonger1981 on Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:35 am

I just found out my mother had cancer a few days ago. And now I can't get the thought out of my head and her not being in my life. So I'm only imagine how I would feel while you now live it. I'm very sorry to hear about it. I believe in God and will say a prayer for your family. Life is way to short and we get constant reminder. Spend more time with family because we will be gone faster than we know.
Captain warmonger1981

Postby jonesthecurl on Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:05 pm

Thank you all for your sentiments.
He lived a long while, and was surprisingly healthy for almost all of it. When I stayed with him in February, he was finding it increasingly hard to get about, but the end came unexpectedly all the same.
I don't think he would complain... wait, what am I saying? of course he would, he complained all the time - that and being angry at the news were his two main hobbies. But since my Mum went two summers ago, he really had no enthusiasm for anything. As I've seen with other long-time couples, once she went he was just waiting for his turn.

Postby warmonger1981 on Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:21 pm

jonesthecurl wrote:Thank you all for your sentiments.
He lived a long while, and was surprisingly healthy for almost all of it. When I stayed with him in February, he was finding it increasingly hard to get about, but the end came unexpectedly all the same.
I don't think he would complain... wait, what am I saying? of course he would, he complained all the time - that and being angry at the news were his two main hobbies. But since my Mum went two summers ago, he really had no enthusiasm for anything. As I've seen with other long-time couples, once she went he was just waiting for his turn.

I'm feeling the same way about my mom and dad. If my mom goes I'm pretty sure my dad will be gone and went in two years. He looks like a fighter.
Captain warmonger1981

Postby jonesthecurl on Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:12 am

Back in his army days, he loved boxing. He tried to get me into it, but I'm a complete wimp.

Postby MagnusGreeol on Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:19 am

So sorry, and so sad Jones & War!

My mother passed from cancer, My father sang the swan song, and passed 15 months later from a broken heart, He willed himself to die because he really just couldnt move on without her. Death is not an end, but a new beginning, deep saddness for loss is replaced by peaceful happiness when we are all reunited.

My belief, Is that years are seconds in the afterlife, And that we get sad thinking of all the years we must go on without our loved ones with us here on earth, But to our loved ones, there is a happiness knowing the end result is a reunion, years have no meaning in the afterlife, its all about the big reunion. Still, my heart goes out to both of you for the pain you feel!
Colonel MagnusGreeol

Postby warmonger1981 on Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:08 am

MagnusGreeol wrote:So sorry, and so sad Jones & War!

My mother passed from cancer, My father sang the swan song, and passed 15 months later from a broken heart, He willed himself to die because he really just couldnt move on without her. Death is not an end, but a new beginning, deep saddness for loss is replaced by peaceful happiness when we are all reunited.

My belief, Is that years are seconds in the afterlife, And that we get sad thinking of all the years we must go on without our loved ones with us here on earth, But to our loved ones, there is a happiness knowing the end result is a reunion, years have no meaning in the afterlife, its all about the big reunion. Still, my heart goes out to both of you for the pain you feel!

You're a real gentleman. I appreciate the condolences.
Captain warmonger1981

Postby 2dimes on Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:38 am

Warmonger, spend as much time with your mom as you can. Never leave the room without a hug or squeezing her hand and telling her you love her.

I made sure for the last month my mom was with us to do that plus reminisce, it still sucked bad to lose her, but I know spending the time to say good bye helped me get through.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby warmonger1981 on Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:08 pm

2dimes wrote:Warmonger, spend as much time with your mom as you can. Never leave the room without a hug or squeezing her hand and telling her you love her.

I made sure for the last month my mom was with us to do that plus reminisce, it still sucked bad to lose her, but I know spending the time to say good bye helped me get through.

Trust me I've been thinking about that s*** for years. I lived a hard life and seen many friends go way too early for stupid stuff. The older I get the more I value life. Even taking in the fresh air on a hot summer day will go just as quick as it came. But that Everlasting memory will let me experience it over and over again. Every moment I take with my mom or my father is just another memory file that I can pull out of the depths of my mind to relive once again even for a Split Second. And also think makes me think about my own mortality. We recently had a family reunions that was bringing sides of the family together and stories of when my great great grandparents came to America. Hopefully one day my grandchildren will be having a family Union speaking about my life experiences to the younger Generations. Cuz once we are gone so are all the stories that we hold.
Captain warmonger1981

Postby 2dimes on Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:23 pm

Definitely a tip not a lecture.

It's funny how in my youth I figured I might not make it too far into my twenties and was cool with that. Now I am way more apprehensive about my mortality. Not sure why.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby thegreekdog on Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:58 am

Condolences to you and your family jones
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,