Conquer Club

As long ago as November 21, 1933,

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

As long ago as November 21, 1933,

Postby armati on Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:09 am

President Franklin D. Roosevelt wrote to Col. House that “the real truth of the matter is, as you and I know, that a financial element in the larger centers has owned the Government ever since the days of Andrew Jackson.”

Thomas Jefferson said that “banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies” and that “if the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks . . . will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.” The shrinkage of the US middle class is evidence that Jefferson’s prediction is coming true.

What!?!? No quotation marks??? How will we ever know who said that stuff????

Obviously another poopy thread. :lol: ;)
Sergeant armati

Re: As long ago as November 21, 1933,

Postby armati on Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:14 am

Andrew Jackson shuts down Second Bank of the U.S. - Sep 10, 1833 ...
http://www.history.com/this-day-in.../a ... of-the-u-s

Nice try Andrew

Federal Reserve System/Founded
December 23, 1913

Thanks Woodrow.

No quotation marks? How will we ever know if this is true or not??
Cant be, must be conspiracy. ;)
Sergeant armati

Postby patches70 on Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:44 pm

Dude, this is going to make you angry and huff and puff, but Jefferson never said what you quoted. A dead giveaway is that the term "inflation" wasn't used in regards to economics until around the Civil War. The same goes with the term "deflation". In Jefferson's time he'd have called it "Currency depreciation". I'm not sure what he'd have called "deflation" but it wouldn't have been "deflation".

Now Jefferson did write the thing about banking and standing armies, but he was referring to the belief that it was immoral for one generation to borrow to the point where the next generation had to pay off the debt. The full quote of that goes like this-

"And I sincerely believe with you, that banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies; and that the principle of spending money to be paid by posterity, under the name of funding, is but swindling futurity on a large scale." He wrote that in a letter to John Taylor in 1816. The inflation and deflation quote never appeared in anything Jefferson ever wrote and the first time that particular false quote actually appeared was in 1933. That's the earliest it's ever been found. That quote about inflation and deflation falsely attributed to Jefferson supposedly appeared in a publication entitled "The Debate Over the Recharter of the Bank Bill." However, such a publication doesn't actually exist. Or at least it's never been found.

So, no, Jefferson didn't say that and you are missing the meaning of what Jefferson is talking about with the banks being more dangerous than standing armies.

Also, the FDR quote, that's a real quote but you are either ignoring the context of the quote or you are unaware. FDR isn't talking about the Fed, he's referring most likely to the Bank of England. More specifically he's talking about the London Economic Conference-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_Ec ... Conference
and please don't make me post the whole letter FDR wrote containing the quote. It's long and I'd end up having to explain everything he's talking about in the letter and I really don't feel like doing that. But trust me, if you read the whole letter and understood what FDR was talking about, you'd understand a bit more about that tiny snippet you quoted and that it doesn't mean what you think it means or what some one else wants you to think what it means.

Now your second post has a bit more merit. Andrew Jackson's own words quoted from his own mouth that he believed that the most important thing he ever did was "I killed the Bank". He is of course referring to the 2nd Bank of the United States, which he did kill. More importantly, it was Andrew Jackson who paid off the entire US debt, completely, the debt which since Jackson we have never paid off and can't. But that's a whole other can of worms.

So, in conclusion, don't believe everything you hear....
Private patches70

Postby Symmetry on Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:55 pm

Well this should be interesting.

*Munches popcorn*
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:56 pm

Aristotle wrote:The character which results from wealth is that of a prosperous fool.

TIL: Bill Clinton was at DJT and Melania's wedding.

One bag of money is stronger than two bags of truth

░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby patches70 on Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:07 pm

Oh, and Armati, this is the full FDR quote-

"The real truth of the matter is, as you and I know, that a financial element in the larger centers has owned the Government ever since the days of Andrew Jackson — and I am not wholly excepting the Administration of W. W. The country is going through a repetition of Jackson's fight with the Bank of the United States — only on a far bigger and broader basis"

do you see all the bits you left off? They are in BOLD for you. FDR is clear in that his fight is like Jackson's except on a "far bigger and broader basis". He's talking primarily about the Bank of England and the financial interests around the world that was attempting to get FDR and the United States to stabilize the entire world's economy. FDR basically told them to all f*ck off, he's more focused on making America Great Again.

Funny how history kinda goes around in circles. It may not repeat itself, but history does rhyme...
Private patches70

Postby Neoteny on Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:42 pm

lol.
Napoleon Ier wrote:You people need to grow up to be honest.
Major Neoteny

Postby armati on Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:17 am

I have never had reason to check that out before.

Thanks Patches, thats something I didnt know.
Sergeant armati

Postby notyou2 on Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:22 am

armati wrote:I have never had reason to check that out before.

Wow, great apology.
Captain notyou2

Postby warmonger1981 on Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:13 pm

notyou2 wrote:
armati wrote:I have never had reason to check that out before.

Wow, great apology.

Apology police reporting for duty sir!
Captain warmonger1981

Postby notyou2 on Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:41 pm

I'm amazed that he admitted on an internet forum that he didn't know that. Patches made a difference in someone's existence.
Captain notyou2

Postby patches70 on Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:13 pm

Hey, armanti is just trying to make a difference the best he can. I can relate, though I've pretty much given up on trying to make the world a better place. He's right about the central banks for the most part. About the only thing/people I despise more than politicians are bankers. The big bankers, The Fed isn't even the worst actor though they enable the worst actors, like Goldman Sachs of which I hold an especial animosity that borders on hatred. Oh the stories I could tell about that particular Investment bank's shenanigans. There is a reason Goldman Sachs is known as the Vampire Squid. A well deserved moniker IMO.

Though cynical in general I have sympathy for armanti's attempt to draw attention to such things. Jefferson is my second favorite Founder, right behind Ben Franklin, of course. i don't like Jefferson's genius being misapplied. Instead of getting angry and yelling at armanti and attacking him, like pretty much everyone else on the fora does, I simply engaged him and passed on a tiny bit of wisdom, and armanti seems to be at that stage in life where he wants to learn new things. A little bit of respectful dialog can go a ways So his response didn't surprise me much, he had no need to apologize. That particular misquote has been around for a long long time.

Alexander Hamilton, on the other hand, is my least favorite Founder. For obvious reasons. Har!
Private patches70

Postby mookiemcgee on Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:01 am

patches70 wrote:Hey, armanti is just trying to make a difference the best he can. I can relate, though I've pretty much given up on trying to make the world a better place. He's right about the central banks for the most part. About the only thing/people I despise more than politicians are bankers. The big bankers, The Fed isn't even the worst actor though they enable the worst actors, like Goldman Sachs of which I hold an especial animosity that borders on hatred. Oh the stories I could tell about that particular Investment bank's shenanigans. There is a reason Goldman Sachs is known as the Vampire Squid. A well deserved moniker IMO.

Though cynical in general I have sympathy for armanti's attempt to draw attention to such things. Jefferson is my second favorite Founder, right behind Ben Franklin, of course. i don't like Jefferson's genius being misapplied. Instead of getting angry and yelling at armanti and attacking him, like pretty much everyone else on the fora does, I simply engaged him and passed on a tiny bit of wisdom, and armanti seems to be at that stage in life where he wants to learn new things. A little bit of respectful dialog can go a ways So his response didn't surprise me much, he had no need to apologize. That particular misquote has been around for a long long time.

Alexander Hamilton, on the other hand, is my least favorite Founder. For obvious reasons. Har!

Sooo.... Goldman Sacks is a buy @$235?
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby Symmetry on Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:47 am

patches70 wrote:Alexander Hamilton, on the other hand, is my least favorite Founder. For obvious reasons. Har!

the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby armati on Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:57 pm

Debunking A Century of War Lies
https://youtu.be/Yw0-ASR4sr8
from corbettreport

A little fdr, since he was mentioned.

The only way I can see anyone believing 1 single word from the american government or its vassals is complete ignorance.
fdr included.

Course theres a good example of the Japanese government being just as trustworthy, they fit right in with the rest of the vassals. lol
Sergeant armati

Postby Neoteny on Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:19 pm

Ancap alert.
Napoleon Ier wrote:You people need to grow up to be honest.
Major Neoteny

Postby notyou2 on Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:37 pm

patches70 wrote:Hey, armanti is just trying to make a difference the best he can. I can relate, though I've pretty much given up on trying to make the world a better place. He's right about the central banks for the most part. About the only thing/people I despise more than politicians are bankers. The big bankers, The Fed isn't even the worst actor though they enable the worst actors, like Goldman Sachs of which I hold an especial animosity that borders on hatred. Oh the stories I could tell about that particular Investment bank's shenanigans. There is a reason Goldman Sachs is known as the Vampire Squid. A well deserved moniker IMO.

Did you know that Ben Franklin used to be the postmaster of part of Canada? The area in which I live actually.
Captain notyou2

Postby warmonger1981 on Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:29 pm

Did you know that Benjamin Franklin used to be part of a group called The hellfire club
Captain warmonger1981

Postby patches70 on Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:00 pm

notyou2 wrote:
Did you know that Ben Franklin used to be the postmaster of part of Canada? The area in which I live actually.

I know he was the first US Postmaster General but I didn't know he was postmaster of a part of Canada. What part exactly was that?
Private patches70

Postby notyou2 on Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:02 am

patches70 wrote:
notyou2 wrote:

I know he was the first US Postmaster General but I didn't know he was postmaster of a part of Canada. What part exactly was that?

He was Postmaster of the colonies, before the US was created, so eastern Canada colonies as well as the US colonies.

This was before he became a traitor of course.
Captain notyou2

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,