Conquer Club

Serena Williams

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Serena Williams

Postby GoranZ on Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:28 pm

From my point of view I would prefer the match to ended normally. So the best player would have won on the field.

The cartoon is good tho :lol:
Even a little kid knows whats the name of my country... http://youtu.be/XFxjy7f9RpY

Interested in clans? Check out the Fallen!
Brigadier GoranZ

Postby Symmetry on Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:55 pm

Well, if anyone didn't think this was sexist and racist, they do now.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:35 pm

Symmetry wrote:Well, if anyone didn't think this was sexist and racist, they do now.

Why?
Sergeant 1st Class TA1LGUNN3R

Postby Symmetry on Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:40 pm

TA1LGUNN3R wrote:
Symmetry wrote:Well, if anyone didn't think this was sexist and racist, they do now.

Why?

Which one? Oversized caricature of an angry black woman? Or the pacifier referring to her recent childbirth?
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby nietzsche on Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:45 pm

ok, we all know the reason behind the ram's post, but that doesn't excuse Serena for her behaviour.

why does it have to be about race? oh wait, it's the US.
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:49 pm

Symmetry wrote:
TA1LGUNN3R wrote:

Why?

Which one? Oversized caricature of an angry black woman? Or the pacifier referring to her recent childbirth?

It's funny where your mind goes. Almost as if you harbor prejudicial sentiments against women or blacks.

There's a pacifier because (in the artist's opinion) she is a baby throwing a tantrum.

She's "oversized" because 1) caricatures have by definition oversized features, 2) it's called perspective (she's nearer the foreground than the others, and 3) she's large in real life.

Reading what you read into it just illuminates your own issues, pal.

Postby Symmetry on Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:02 pm

TA1LGUNN3R wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
TA1LGUNN3R wrote:

Why?

It's funny where your mind goes. Almost as if you harbor prejudicial sentiments against women or blacks.

There's a pacifier because (in the artist's opinion) she is a baby throwing a tantrum.

She's "oversized" because 1) caricatures have by definition oversized features, 2) it's called perspective (she's nearer the foreground than the others, and 3) she's large in real life.

Nice try, kid, but it won't work.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby jonesthecurl on Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:04 pm

You know, she should've been serener.
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Sergeant 1st Class jonesthecurl

Postby riskllama on Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:04 pm

cartoons are funny... :D
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby nietzsche on Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:08 pm

Symmetry wrote:
TA1LGUNN3R wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
TA1LGUNN3R wrote:

Why?

Nice try, kid, but it won't work.

at this point, i'm going to intervene and ask TG not to engage with Symmetry.

TG, your point was well articulated, and we all agree with it. The point about the pacifier was so fun because it was obvious yet Symmetry missed it.

You won TG, don't need to reply anymore.

TG 1, Symmetry 0.
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby riskllama on Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:11 pm

how long do you think it would take her to admonish/emasculate the ram? less than 10 seconds? 30? a minute? should we have a poll, maybe?
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby Symmetry on Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:13 pm

I partly agree with Nietz here- you probably shouldn't reply anymore, TG.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Symmetry on Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:17 pm

riskllama wrote:how long do you think it would take her to admonish/emasculate the ram? less than 10 seconds? 30? a minute? should we have a poll, maybe?

She's one of the greatest tennis players of all time- she could smash a tennis ball into his non-retractiled testicle in seconds.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby riskllama on Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:18 pm

hmm, i was thinking more along the lines of actual physical combat tho.
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby Symmetry on Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:21 pm

riskllama wrote:hmm, i was thinking more along the lines of actual physical combat tho.

That is physical, the ram only has one left. She's not a boxer, RL.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby riskllama on Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:26 pm

i bet she could whup his ass w/o breaking a sweat - she is obvs. going to be faster and in waayyy better shape than him, those are givens. plus, she's kind of a beast...i don't think he has much of a chance.
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:32 pm

Symmetry wrote:
TA1LGUNN3R wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
TA1LGUNN3R wrote:

Why?

k, bud. If you wanna have an actual discussion and would like to know why your belief only perpetuates the problem, you're more than welcome to reply seriously.

nietzsche wrote:You won TG, don't need to reply anymore.

Postby Symmetry on Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:53 pm

Tailly, if you're gonna reply seriously, maybe don't use gifs of cartoons, kid.

Also, your editing skills might need some work.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:02 pm

Symmetry wrote:Tailly, if you're gonna reply seriously, maybe don't use gifs of cartoons, kid.

Postby Symmetry on Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:19 pm

TA1LGUNN3R wrote:
Symmetry wrote:Tailly, if you're gonna reply seriously, maybe don't use gifs of cartoons, kid.

Well, at least you took my second point onboard. We'll keep working on the first.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby TA1LGUNN3R on Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:27 pm

Your second point was the more irrelevant of the two. My first post with the gifs was exactly as I intended. I'm not sure what you believe needs editing.

Postby Symmetry on Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:30 pm

TA1LGUNN3R wrote:Your second point was the more irrelevant of the two. My first post with the gifs was exactly as I intended. I'm not sure what you believe needs editing.

Keep working on it, kid. You'll get there.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby riskllama on Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:21 am

both symmetry and the ram lose this thread.
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby The ram on Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:31 am

Neoteny wrote:The event, no. The media, some. The thread, 100%.

It's just weird getting pushback every time I'm picking on the site's resident Goebbels. Just let me troll the nazis without having to wade through a sea of "um, sir, the discourse" from the lanyards.

Lol were you crying when you wrote that? Best go back to saxi's thread and tell us how tough you and antifa are. We all believe you btw, you're the ultimate internet tough guy.
Cadet The ram

Postby betiko on Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:21 am

thegreekdog wrote:
Neoteny wrote:lol y'all love getting mad at black people. Tennis dorks look back fondly chuffing about McEnroe's outbursts. And here we are.

Dude... McEnroe was constantly criticized until he retired and now everyone looks back fondly. Perhaps when Serena retires, people will look back fondly. She's the greatest tennis player in history (men or women) and the whole fiasco was beneath her. She does look like a spoiled brat. Yeah, we can look at it from a racism or sexism lens. Or we could look at it from a privileged athlete millionaire dressing down a non-privileged non-athlete non-millionaire. I think it was the latter.

while I agree about the mcEnroe part about tantrums...

I can't let you say that serena is the best player of all times... simply because she's barely had competition throughout her career... just shooting stars that came and went. Like when she started.. remember Martina Hingis... she was supposed to dominate tennis for a decade and she simply disapeared, her sister Venus was just good competition for a couple of years and a few comebacks but she never really dominated again... all these balkan and slav girls that have been comming and going............

On the other hand.... during the same period (and a shorter one because serena started late 90s, federer and nadal mid-late 2000s) you've had the two best tennismen in history. No one has ever dominated like these two did... then came along Djokovic as well... all three by far better tennis players than serena.

Also, there is much less merit for women and you can't possibly compare their titles with the men.... they need to win just in 2 sets for grand slams, while men in 3.... that's about twice the athletic effort needed when matchups are quite even for men.... the seasons are way more difficult.
I see no reason why women only play in 2 winning sets and men in 3 and they are asking for the same prizemoney... while they don't get as much public attention and revenues.

anyways: Margaret Smith Court won 24 grand slams, serena 23.... so even counting titles your statement makes 0 sense.

Federer 20, Nadal 17, Djokovic and Sampras 14.... don't be ridiculous telling me that serena williams is the best tennis player of all times men or women combined.... she is one of the greatest, but let's not be a feminist idiot pretending women achievement are like men achievement when they have to do half of the job against weaker competition please
Major betiko

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,