Conquer Club

Top 10 Most Talented RAP Artists

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Top 10 Most Talented RAP Artists

Postby demonfork on Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:07 am

1. MF Doom
2. Eminem
3. NAS
4. Tupac
5. Rakim
6. KRS-One
7. Tech N9ne
8. Kendrick Lamar
9. Aesop Rock
10. Kanye West
Last edited by demonfork on Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Captain demonfork

Re: Top 10 Most Talented Rhythmically Assisted Poetry Artist

Postby Symmetry on Sat Oct 06, 2018 12:28 am

Homer should be on the list, surely. Dude composed the Iliad and the Odyssey.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby betiko on Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:10 am

Maybe you should add « modern american » to your title otherwise people will laugh like when Donald tramp said he’s the best president ever in the UN
Major betiko

Postby demonfork on Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:21 am

betiko wrote:Maybe you should add « modern american » to your title otherwise people will laugh like when Donald tramp said he’s the best president ever in the UN

Rap was invented in modern america
Captain demonfork

Postby betiko on Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:45 am

demonfork wrote:
betiko wrote:Maybe you should add « modern american » to your title otherwise people will laugh like when Donald tramp said he’s the best president ever in the UN

maybe, but rythmically assisted poetry existed way before america was discovered.
Also rhymers ain't poets. These guys aren't even capable of writing in alexandrins or other verse types with the same depth and existentialism metaphores, we're not talking about the same league. Call them rappers, it isn't derogatory, it's just what they are. They are not as good poets as poets are, and poets aren't as good rappers as they are.
Also poetry only works in they language they were written in in the first place, and not all poets are understood. So you can't compare or rank poetry.
Major betiko

Postby demonfork on Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:36 am

betiko wrote:
demonfork wrote:

maybe, but rythmically assisted poetry existed way before america was discovered.
Also rhymers ain't poets. These guys aren't even capable of writing in alexandrins or other verse types with the same depth and existentialism metaphores, we're not talking about the same league. Call them rappers, it isn't derogatory, it's just what they are. They are not as good poets as poets are, and poets aren't as good rappers as they are.
Also poetry only works in they language they were written in in the first place, and not all poets are understood. So you can't compare or rank poetry.

Lol RAP is an acronym for Rhythmically Assisted Poetry.
Captain demonfork

Postby Symmetry on Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:41 pm

demonfork wrote:
betiko wrote:
demonfork wrote:

Not really, mate.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby demonfork on Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:36 pm

Symmetry wrote:
demonfork wrote:
betiko wrote:
demonfork wrote:

Not really, mate.

Lol, okay mate.
Captain demonfork

Postby betiko on Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:01 am

The English verb rap has various meanings, such as "to strike, especially with a quick, smart, or light blow",[11] as well "to utter sharply or vigorously: to rap out a command."[11] The Shorter Oxford English Dictionary gives a date of 1541 for the first recorded use of the word with the meaning "to utter (esp. an oath) sharply, vigorously, or suddenly".[12] Wentworth and Flexner's Dictionary of American Slang gives the meaning "to speak to, recognize, or acknowledge acquaintance with someone", dated 1932,[13] and a later meaning of "to converse, esp. in an open and frank manner".[14] It is these meanings from which the musical form of rapping derives, and this definition may be from a shortening of repartee.[15] A rapper refers to a performer who "raps".

By the late 1960s, when Hubert G. Brown changed his name to H. Rap Brown, rap was a slang term referring to an oration or speech, such as was common among the "hip" crowd in the protest movements, but it did not come to be associated with a musical style for another decade.[citation needed]

Rap was used to describe talking on records as early as 1971, on Isaac Hayes' album Black Moses with track names such as "Ike's Rap," "Ike's Rap II," "Ike's Rap III," and so on.[16] Hayes' "husky-voiced sexy spoken 'raps' became key components in his signature sound."[16] Del the Funky Homosapien similarly states that rap was used to refer to talking in a stylistic manner in the early 1970s: "I was born in '72... back then what rapping meant, basically, was you trying to convey something—you're trying to convince somebody. That's what rapping is, it's in the way you talk."[17]
Major betiko

Postby mrswdk on Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:13 am

lol, Eminem? C'mon bro.

Where are Deltron, J5, ODB? There are way better rappers out there than Kendrick 'Totally Overhyped' Lamar.

Let's get some UK in there. Jehst is good. I want to say The Streets as well, although after his awesome first album he went off the boil pretty quickly.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby demonfork on Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:13 am

betiko wrote:The English verb rap has various meanings, such as "to strike, especially with a quick, smart, or light blow",[11] as well "to utter sharply or vigorously: to rap out a command."[11] The Shorter Oxford English Dictionary gives a date of 1541 for the first recorded use of the word with the meaning "to utter (esp. an oath) sharply, vigorously, or suddenly".[12] Wentworth and Flexner's Dictionary of American Slang gives the meaning "to speak to, recognize, or acknowledge acquaintance with someone", dated 1932,[13] and a later meaning of "to converse, esp. in an open and frank manner".[14] It is these meanings from which the musical form of rapping derives, and this definition may be from a shortening of repartee.[15] A rapper refers to a performer who "raps".

By the late 1960s, when Hubert G. Brown changed his name to H. Rap Brown, rap was a slang term referring to an oration or speech, such as was common among the "hip" crowd in the protest movements, but it did not come to be associated with a musical style for another decade.[citation needed]

Rap was used to describe talking on records as early as 1971, on Isaac Hayes' album Black Moses with track names such as "Ike's Rap," "Ike's Rap II," "Ike's Rap III," and so on.[16] Hayes' "husky-voiced sexy spoken 'raps' became key components in his signature sound."[16] Del the Funky Homosapien similarly states that rap was used to refer to talking in a stylistic manner in the early 1970s: "I was born in '72... back then what rapping meant, basically, was you trying to convey something—you're trying to convince somebody. That's what rapping is, it's in the way you talk."[17]

I can copy and paste stuff off the internets too that would show otherwise.

For the sake of argument and to prevent further hijacking I will change the title to RAP.
Captain demonfork

Postby demonfork on Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:19 am

mrswdk wrote:lol, Eminem? C'mon bro.

Where are Deltron, J5, ODB? There are way better rappers out there than Kendrick 'Totally Overhyped' Lamar.

Let's get some UK in there. Jehst is good. I want to say The Streets as well, although after his awesome first album he went off the boil pretty quickly.

You can't deny Eminem. It may be sad but it's true.

My #1 pick is from the UK.

J5 which one? Chali 2na, the whole group? with or without Cut Chemist?

I don't necessarily disagree with KL being overhyped. I'm not even a big fan of his style but he's got talent.
Captain demonfork

Re: Top 10 Most Talented RAP Artists

Postby mrswdk on Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:51 am

MF Doom moved to the US when he was a baby and spent pretty much his whole life living there. A British passport does not a British rapper make. If Tupac got a Chinese passport, would he be a Chinese rapper?

MF Doom is awesome though.

Eminem can rap quickly and knows how to pick two words that rhyme with each other, but I don't think his music's particularly interesting or meaningful. He was fun when he was Slim Shady, now he's just an emo who writes love songs to his daughter.

I don't know about J5. As a collective.

From the UK there's also Roots Manuva.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby demonfork on Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:57 am

mrswdk wrote:MF Doom moved to the US when he was a baby and spent pretty much his whole life living there. A British passport does not a British rapper make. If Tupac got a Chinese passport, would he be a Chinese rapper?

Eminem can rap quickly and knows how to pick two words that rhyme with each other, but I don't think his music's particularly interesting or meaningful. He was fun when he was Slim Shady, now he's just an emo who writes love songs to his daughter.

Speaking of Chinese rappers...

Captain demonfork

Postby betiko on Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:57 am

i love the Streets, fucking awesome. ALthough I don't agree, I liked all he did until everything is borrowed (2008) then he came back in 2011 with 2 shitty albums and vanished.
Major betiko

Postby mrswdk on Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:04 pm

demonfork wrote:
mrswdk wrote:MF Doom moved to the US when he was a baby and spent pretty much his whole life living there. A British passport does not a British rapper make. If Tupac got a Chinese passport, would he be a Chinese rapper?

Speaking of Chinese rappers...

Those pseudo-trap wanna mumble Chinese rappers are so fkn annoying.

Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby betiko on Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:18 pm

Is J5 "the jurassic 5"? that's all I can think of.

Eminem is good, no one can deny it.

why no cypress hill though? or a tribe called quest? the roots? MC hammer?

also I like 90s french rap; can't stand the current french scene

Major betiko

Postby mrswdk on Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:08 pm

Eminem's old stuff was good but he is no poet.

I nearly said Tribe Called Quest. The Roots are also good.

You should listen to a little more Sexion d'Assaut betsie, I might turn that frown upside down.

Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby BabySasuke on Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:50 pm

no particular order

-Big L
-MacDre
-Techn9ne
-SeanPrice/HeltahSkeltah/BCC
-Lauryn Hill
-Nas
-Andre3000/Bigboi aka Outkast
-Gangstarr
-Nate Dogg
-The LOX

Honorable mentions ; slaughterhouse, fabolous, Biggie, eminem, Tupac, a few others...
Major BabySasuke

Postby mrswdk on Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:03 pm

For nearly the past decade, Eminem has grappled with his legacy, releasing a string of chart-topping albums and singles that kept him on the tips of fans’ tongues but did nothing to affirm his status as one of the genre’s all-time greats. This late-career slump reached its nadir with December’s Revival, a 77-minute cringe compilation of lousy punchlines, antiquated beats and bloated pop-rap crossover bids. Revival debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 but only with 1/3 the sales of its predecessor, The Marshall Mathers LP 2, and failed to produce a Top 10 single on the Hot 100. This commercial underperformance, coupled with the fact that virtually everybody with ears (rightfully) hated Revival, signaled that the bestselling rapper of all time may have finally reached the end of his undisputed reign.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/bryanrolli ... e2e160aa20
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby mookiemcgee on Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:34 pm

Ok, Now I love ODB/Big baby Jesus ,but he is not one of the 10 most talented rappers
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby demonfork on Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:36 pm

mookiemcgee wrote:

Ok, Now I love ODB/Big baby Jesus ,but he is not one of the 10 most talented rappers

Same feeling here.

I considered ODB when making my list but he doesn't come close to the top 10. Maybe top 50.
Captain demonfork

Postby demonfork on Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:46 pm

MyNameIsJack wrote:no particular order

-Big L
-MacDre
-Techn9ne
-Lauryn Hill
-Nas
-Gangstarr
-Nate Dogg
-The LOX

Honorable mentions ; slaughterhouse, fabolous, Biggie, eminem, Tupac, a few others...

I considered MacDre & he almost made my list. I love me some East Bay rap

Obviously I agree with Techn9ne & Nas.

Andre3000 is a contender.

The LOX, SeanPrice, Big L & Gangstarr are a dime a dozen.

As far as Nate Dogg & Lauryn Hill = Don't make me laugh :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Captain demonfork

Postby betiko on Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:13 am

mrswdk wrote:Eminem's old stuff was good but he is no poet.

I nearly said Tribe Called Quest. The Roots are also good.

You should listen to a little more Sexion d'Assaut betsie, I might turn that frown upside down.

You should probably add rebekka black too if you like sexion d'assault then. Great rapper. Justin bieber is badass too.
Major betiko

Postby BabySasuke on Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:21 am

demonfork wrote:
MyNameIsJack wrote:no particular order

-Big L
-MacDre
-Techn9ne
-Lauryn Hill
-Nas
-Gangstarr
-Nate Dogg
-The LOX

I considered MacDre & he almost made my list. I love me some East Bay rap

Obviously I agree with Techn9ne & Nas.

Andre3000 is a contender.

The LOX, SeanPrice, Big L & Gangstarr are a dime a dozen.

As far as Nate Dogg & Lauryn Hill = Don't make me laugh :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

??? Lol
Major BabySasuke

Next

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,