Conquer Club

Dangerous American aircraft blacklisted globally

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Dangerous American aircraft blacklisted globally

Postby mookiemcgee on Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:21 pm

What did I miss? Did Boeing declare bankruptcy yet?
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby GoranZ on Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:56 pm

mookiemcgee wrote:What did I miss? Did Boeing declare bankruptcy yet?

Not yet... But Airbus is pushing them over the cliff like never before :D

Airbus launches longest range single-aisle jet: the A321XLR
Even a little kid knows whats the name of my country... http://youtu.be/XFxjy7f9RpY

Interested in clans? Check out the Fallen!
Brigadier GoranZ

Postby Bernie Sanders on Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:54 pm

Boeing has it's issue with one model. It will work out the bugs.

Put your shovel away Goran, Boeing will survive. Buy stocks in this company now and you'll see a good return on your investment.
Sergeant 1st Class Bernie Sanders

Postby GoranZ on Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:36 pm

Bernie Sanders wrote:Boeing has it's issue with one model. It will work out the bugs.

Put your shovel away Goran, Boeing will survive. Buy stocks in this company now and you'll see a good return on your investment.

Actually they have with 2, the other one being 787 Dreamliner but that one is not as serious as with 737.

For now I dont know how smart it is to invest in Boeing because we can hardly predict how will the passengers act if the plane gets green light to fly again and the price is not that low :)
Even a little kid knows whats the name of my country... http://youtu.be/XFxjy7f9RpY

Brigadier GoranZ

Postby 2dimes on Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:47 pm

What is the issue with the Dreamliner, it's a modern plane like an Airbus?
Corporal 2dimes

Postby mookiemcgee on Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:16 pm

GoranZ wrote:
Bernie Sanders wrote:Boeing has it's issue with one model. It will work out the bugs.

Actually they have with 2, the other one being 787 Dreamliner but that one is not as serious as with 737.

For now I dont know how smart it is to invest in Boeing because we can hardly predict how will the passengers act if the plane gets green light to fly again and the price is not that low :)

As you said you don't know... it could be a great time to invest given the hit it's taken already based on this news. If you think the US gov't is going to let Boeing go bust, I have serious doubts.
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby GoranZ on Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:04 pm

2dimes wrote:What is the issue with the Dreamliner, it's a modern plane like an Airbus?

mookiemcgee wrote:
GoranZ wrote:

As you said you don't know... it could be a great time to invest given the hit it's taken already based on this news. If you think the US gov't is going to let Boeing go bust, I have serious doubts.

The real question is how far can it drop and will it get to 0. Remember General Motors, they were the biggest car producer before the last crisis. It didn't disappear from the market, but its far from the previous company.

Brigadier GoranZ

Postby mookiemcgee on Tue Jun 18, 2019 5:33 pm

GoranZ wrote:
2dimes wrote:What is the issue with the Dreamliner, it's a modern plane like an Airbus?

mookiemcgee wrote:
GoranZ wrote:

The real question is how far can it drop and will it get to 0. Remember General Motors, they were the biggest car producer before the last crisis. It didn't disappear from the market, but its far from the previous company.

Yes but General Motors has several domestic competitors, and it was also saved by USGovt/Fed.

I'd expect bailouts if it came to that (and I doubt it will even get that bad in the next 5 years) particularly under this president for a large company who's competitors are overseas.
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby 2dimes on Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:18 pm

GM has it worse than Boing. There are lots of automobile manufacturers. There is basically only one competitor to Boing, there would be two but ours gave away the new plane instead of trying to make them here.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby GoranZ on Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:07 pm

Has anyone seen this coming? American Airlines replacing Boeing with Airbus :)

American Airlines just ordered 50 new Airbus planes — and it's a huge blow to Boeing

Brigadier GoranZ

Postby GoranZ on Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:35 pm

FAA found another potential issue that needs to be fixed. How many are there?

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Federal Aviation Administration has identified a new potential risk that Boeing Co must address on its 737 MAX before the grounded jet can return to service, the agency told Reuters on Wednesday.

The risk was discovered during a simulator test last week, sources with knowledge of the matter told Reuters.

The new issue means Boeing will not conduct a certification test flight until July 8 at the earliest, the sources said, and the FAA will spend at least two to three weeks reviewing the results before deciding whether to return the plane to service.

US aviation officials say they found a new potential risk with the Boeing 737 Max plane that could delay its return to service

Brigadier GoranZ

Postby mrswdk on Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:52 am

Leaked photo of Boeing's updated 737 blueprints:

Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby Dukasaur on Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:24 pm

https://nationalpost.com/news/world/long-before-the-737-max-disasters-boeing-had-a-history-of-failing-to-fix-safety-problems
Years before two Boeing 737 Max jets crashed in Indonesia and Ethiopia, U.S. regulators found a pattern of recurring safety problems with the manufacturing giant.

During a trip to Japan in 2015, an auditor with the Federal Aviation Administration discovered a Boeing subcontractor was falsifying certifications on cargo doors for hundreds of 777s and had been doing so for years, according to interviews and government documents.

Back in the United States, Boeing mechanics were leaving tools inside plane wings, precariously close to the cables that control their movements. Workers also were improperly installing wires in 787s, which could increase the risk of shorts or fires, FAA officials found.

Repeatedly, safety lapses were identified, and Boeing would agree to fix them, then fail to do so, the FAA said. The agency launched or was considering more than a dozen legal enforcement cases against the company for failing to comply with safety regulations, a review of FAA records shows, with fines that could have totaled tens of millions of dollars.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Mad777 on Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:20 pm

If all would know about the way aircraft maintenance is going those days then no one will fly anymore unless you like taking risk :lol:
I’ve been working with airplanes since 25 years and safety was naturally enforced by the workers before, today, and despite heavier regulation and standards, maintenance is taking less seriously.

Losing tools inside airplane (fuel tank, underfloor where flight control cable it) is unfortunately not new, Airbus is not being in the news about tools lost by flight control cables because they use fly-by-wire since more than 2 decades and thus no cables anymore to control the airplane ;)

Boeing waited way too long to insert newest technology and rushed testing to be as close as possible of its competitor Airbus, now they are facing the reality and it’s unfortunate is at the price of people’s life. They are lucky to be the biggest manufacturer of the country and the country icon of aviation, smaller shop would have been 100% shut down by the FAA for less than what has been found with the 737 MAX (and what is unveiled in the news is far from being the worth).
".....Under Phucumol treatment....."
https://youtu.be/zlusWzDY4qw
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby GoranZ on Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:40 pm

Seems like Boeing has new markings for its infamous model. Will this cheap trick go unnoticed by the public and the airlines?

Boeing ditches 737 Max name on new Ryanair plane

Brigadier GoranZ

Postby GoranZ on Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:24 am

Problems continue to erode Boeing.

Boeing takes $5bn hit over grounding of 737 Max

Brigadier GoranZ

Postby 2dimes on Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:36 am

I'm curious who here hates Boeing, the United States or both?

I personally love them both. I find it interesting that they altered one of the all time great aircraft to compete with Airbus, it didn't work out quite right and now you guys pretend they are the bad guys.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby waauw on Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:00 am

Lieutenant waauw

Postby 2dimes on Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:23 am

Good video waaw.

It explains the mistakes pretty well.

The one that crashed with the faulty AOA sensor may have turned out better if the computer was attatched to the second unit which I believe the report said was functioning correctly.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby GoranZ on Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:38 pm

2dimes wrote:I'm curious who here hates Boeing, the United States or both?

No need to hate Boeing or United States... They are well capable of destroying themselves without outside interference :lol:

Brigadier GoranZ

Postby mrswdk on Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:48 pm

GoranZ wrote:Problems continue to erode Boeing.

Boeing takes $5bn hit over grounding of 737 Max

Trump is probably writing a statement putting sanctions on all other major aircraft companies in the world due to 'issues of national security' as we speak!
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby jimboston on Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:51 pm

We, as a country, should take action to protect vital American industries.
Aircraft manufacturing is definitely an industry that is of vital importance and should be protected.

I’m not going to get into specifics, and i’m not saying we should be blind or dumb about how ‘we’ do this....

... but as a general principal it’s something we should take action to support.
Private 1st Class jimboston

Postby mrswdk on Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:06 pm

If Trump wants to save American plane companies he should encourage them to build planes that actually fly.

Or if he only cares about looking tough for another 6 months to get re-elected, riding out his four year fixed term, then running off somewhere to rake in big speaking fees and put his feet up while America collapses on someone else's watch, he can just keep on throwing tariffs at everything with a pulse.

FWIW I think Trump's tariffs and America First policy are awesome. The implosion that was originally going to take America 50-60 years is now only going to take about 10-20. Thank =D> you =D> Trump =D>
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby jimboston on Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:02 pm

Well that’s a whole bunch of BS I never stated or implied.

If you think i’m a Trump fan you might wanna look at some other threads.

I just stated a general principle that I support. Please don’t expand on my thoughts for me. Thanks.
Private 1st Class jimboston

Postby mrswdk on Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:42 pm

I said 'Trump is probably preparing sanctions against foreign aircraft companies' and you immediately followed that with 'I think we should take action to protect American industries'.

Apparently that wasn't a response to me, just your Tourette's playing up again.
Lieutenant mrswdk

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,