Conquer Club

Dangerous American aircraft blacklisted globally

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Dangerous American aircraft blacklisted globally

Postby jimboston on Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:49 pm

:roll:

Does no one understand nuance?
Do we all have to take extreme positions?
Private 1st Class jimboston

Postby mrswdk on Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:53 pm

So was there any specific point to your post? Either way, my comment still stands.

Thank =D> you =D> Trump =D> for your sanctions. Thank =D> you =D> Trump =D> for your wall.

All aboard the global open economy with President Xi at the wheel! Next stop: prosperity, peace and friendship for everyone except the United Emirates of America *party*
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby jimboston on Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:15 pm

mrswdk wrote:So was there any specific point to your post? Either way, my comment still stands.

There was no ‘specific’ point... as I said it was a general comment.

Sanctions imply some sort of ‘punishment’ you are attempting to impose... like how we rightfully are sanctioning that phone manufacturer for violating all kinds of laws.

Sanctions though are somewhat similar to other trade actions like tariffs or subsidies... though these things are generally used not to ‘punish’ a company, but rather to boost a specific company or industry. Because sanctions are similar to, or sometimes have similar effects as, tariffs and subsidies your comments made me think about the importance of protecting our industry.

It wasn’t a direct refusal of anything you said... but kinda like a side comment.

... but it’s moot right now because I don’t think President Trump has taken any action regarding Boeing.

Postby 2dimes on Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:18 pm

Well he put a high enough duty on the C-series to cause Bombardier to roll over and give what might end up being the Max 8s main replacement to Scarebus.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby Symmetry on Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:27 pm

mrswdk wrote:So was there any specific point to your post? Either way, my comment still stands.
Thank =D> you =D> Trump =D> for your sanctions. Thank =D> you =D> Trump =D> for your wall.

All aboard the global open economy with President Xi at the wheel! Next stop: prosperity, peace and friendship for everyone except the United Emirates of America *party*

Mrsdwk, anyone that takes you seriously after the post that was just the N-word over and over directed at an African-American poster, or the anti-gay post where you distributed pictures so offensive that the mods had to delete the posts and warn you not to post violent sexual imagery of underage kids again, well, they didn't learn the lessons.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby mrswdk on Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:16 pm

Symmetry, anyone that takes you seriously at all, well, they didn’t learn the lessons.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby Symmetry on Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:38 pm

mrswdk wrote:Symmetry, anyone that takes you seriously at all, well, they didn’t learn the lessons.

Certainly not the lessons you believe in. That stuff is pretty appalling.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby GoranZ on Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:41 pm

mrswdk wrote:
GoranZ wrote:Problems continue to erode Boeing.

Boeing takes $5bn hit over grounding of 737 Max

Trump is probably writing a statement putting sanctions on all other major aircraft companies in the world due to 'issues of national security' as we speak!

He can, but that wont fix Boeing plane!
In my eyes that plane is unfixable, but lets see what workaround will Boeing introduce... After all we have time to wait, Boeing doesn't :lol:

2dimes wrote:Well he put a high enough duty on the C-series to cause Bombardier to roll over and give what might end up being the Max 8s main replacement to Scarebus.

And where did that lead? Bombardier sold 50% of C-series to Airbus for 0$. Airbus never had successful plane in that class and now it got one for free. And dont count that Bombardier will not make money out of that deal... it will a lot, a lot more then if they were competing alone.
And we have the unexpected outcome for Boeing... They will make 0$ and Airbus will make ton of money out of C-series.
Even a little kid knows whats the name of my country... http://youtu.be/XFxjy7f9RpY

Interested in clans? Check out the Fallen!
Brigadier GoranZ

Postby Symmetry on Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:47 pm

Well done for backing down, GiranZ. I respect that.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby GoranZ on Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:51 pm

Symmetry wrote:Well done for backing down, GiranZ. I respect that.

From what have I backed down? :o
Even a little kid knows whats the name of my country... http://youtu.be/XFxjy7f9RpY

Brigadier GoranZ

Postby Symmetry on Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:03 pm

GoranZ wrote:From what have I backed down? :o

That is, indeed, a question that you should ask yourself.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby waauw on Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:44 am

jimboston wrote:We, as a country, should take action to protect vital American industries.
Aircraft manufacturing is definitely an industry that is of vital importance and should be protected.

I’m not going to get into specifics, and i’m not saying we should be blind or dumb about how ‘we’ do this....

... but as a general principal it’s something we should take action to support.

Except that there is one small problem with protectionism. The USA still wants to assert its hegemony on the world, something that is increasingly difficult if Washington keeps trampling and antagonizing both enemies and allies alike. Protectionism comes at a cost.

In Europe we've completely missed ship on tech-sector developments and are forced to accept those facts. America lost its car manufacturing and now Washington's threatening Germany over its own failed innovation. Same with Boeing, same with Huawei. The entire world has had to suffer the losses in vital industries because America kept telling everyone to obey international rules. But now that the roles are reversed, apparently those same rules don't apply to the USA.
Lieutenant waauw

Postby jimboston on Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:49 pm

waauw wrote:
jimboston wrote:We, as a country, should take action to protect vital American industries.
Aircraft manufacturing is definitely an industry that is of vital importance and should be protected.

I’m not going to get into specifics, and i’m not saying we should be blind or dumb about how ‘we’ do this....

... but as a general principal it’s something we should take action to support.

Except that there is one small problem with protectionism. The USA still wants to assert its hegemony on the world, something that is increasingly difficult if Washington keeps trampling and antagonizing both enemies and allies alike. Protectionism comes at a cost.

In Europe we've completely missed ship on tech-sector developments and are forced to accept those facts. America lost its car manufacturing and now Washington's threatening Germany over its own failed innovation. Same with Boeing, same with Huawei. The entire world has had to suffer the losses in vital industries because America kept telling everyone to obey international rules. But now that the roles are reversed, apparently those same rules don't apply to the USA.

In general protectionism of vital industries is not bad... but yes it’s not an excuse for lack of innovation.

Additionally there are degrees of protectionism/isolationism. In general I’m for Free Trade... but it has to be fair and free. If it’s not fair then it’s possibly worse than protectionism.

Postby mrswdk on Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:22 pm

jimboston wrote:In general protectionism of vital industries is not bad... but yes it’s not an excuse for lack of innovation.

All protectionism does is reduce a company's incentive to innovate. It reduces the number of arenas within which a domestic company has to compete with international ones, and therefore its incentive to be better than them.

Some protectionism helps when a country is trying to develop a new industry from scratch, as it means that country's brand new companies don't have to immediately start competing with well-established international incumbents. But once the new industry is in place the training wheels need to be taken off, otherwise the domestic industry will never grow strong enough or have sufficient access to foreign talent/expertise to become competitive internationally. The sort of protectionism Trump is advocating is the sort of protectionism that European nations (and later America) engaged in during the original Industrial Revolution, and that Asian economics such as Japan, South Korea and China have engaged in during their 20th century development.

Of course it is totally fitting that Trump has chosen to adopt developing world economic policies, because the industries he has decided he wants to save (manufacturing, steel, coal etc.) are developing world industries. Just don't be surprised when his developing world policies turn America into a developing world nation.

In general I’m for Free Trade... but it has to be fair and free. If it’s not fair then it’s possibly worse than protectionism.

Sounds like the White House press release. The actual reality is what waauw said: America was perfectly fine with free trade if industries in other economies struggled with it, but when American companies struggle with it, free trade is suddenly a problem.

If Trump wanted to do something productive with the American economy he could focus on developing its high-tech sectors, which rely on high-skilled labour that most other countries in the world do not have a good supply of. But of course, Trump would never get himself elected by pandering to highly-skilled foreign workers in San Francisco or New York. So he panders to the dummies in the swamps who want to make a living hitting things with hammers. Another victory for the US system of electoral representation. I hope the Americans in OT enjoy hitting things with hammers, because that's America's future if the America First policy remains in place.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby GoranZ on Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:50 pm

Symmetry wrote:

My crystal ball for reading others minds is not working... Sorry you gonna have to be more precise :D

Brigadier GoranZ

Postby jusplay4fun on Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:12 pm

Perhaps none of your balls are working, crystal or otherwise.

JP

GoranZ wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

My crystal ball for reading others minds is not working... Sorry you gonna have to be more precise :D
Sergeant 1st Class jusplay4fun

Postby GoranZ on Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:20 pm

jusplay4fun wrote:Perhaps none of your balls are working, crystal or otherwise.

JP

GoranZ wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

You are whining about Boeing now?
No need, it wont fly :lol:

But on a bright side maybe Trump will blackmail Airbus to gift their design so US factories can produce planes :shock:

Brigadier GoranZ

Postby GoranZ on Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:03 am

Will the pride of American aviation industry fly again?

Europe will not accept US verdict on 737 Max safety

Brigadier GoranZ

Postby mrswdk on Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:50 pm

LOL

The credibility of US institutions is now so shot that even the Europeans are ignoring them.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby GoranZ on Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:49 am

Now Boeing is asking for help from retired professionals... Obviously the existing "professionals" fucked up everything.

Boeing is quietly reaching out to retired airplane mechanics for help getting the 737 Max airborne again

As a side note Airbus is preparing for big milestone... 1000 A320neo flying around the world.

Brigadier GoranZ

Postby mrswdk on Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:29 pm

US Senators have blasted the corrupt and dangerous Boeing for deliberately concealing faults as they sought to get their crappy planes approved, and having a 'cosy' relationship with regulators that enabled them to sneak through their shitty planes:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-50225025

One US Senator even said he would rather walk than climb onto a Boeing. Shut this failed company now!
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby GoranZ on Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:45 pm

mrswdk wrote:US Senators have blasted the corrupt and dangerous Boeing for deliberately concealing faults as they sought to get their crappy planes approved, and having a 'cosy' relationship with regulators that enabled them to sneak through their shitty planes:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-50225025

One US Senator even said he would rather walk than climb onto a Boeing. Shut this failed company now!

If only 737 MAX was the only faulty 737 model Boeing could be happy... 5% of 737 NG's(MAX predecessor) also have structural problems.

Boeing Confirms Grounding Some 50 Jets Globally Over Discovered Wing Cracks
Australia’s national carrier has become the latest airline to suspend one of its Boeing planes from flying, adding that it would take urgent steps to inspect 32 others over potential vulnerabilities.

Boeing has confirmed that airline companies have grounded over 50 of its planes around the world over detected cracks, with a total of 1,000 planes worldwide having now "reached the inspection threshold”, per a spokesperson’s statement.

Just the other day, Australian flag carrier Qantas said that it had grounded one Boeing 737NG due to a structural crack, and was inspecting 32 others for the same flaw. Earlier this month, South Korean authorities noted that as many as nine Boeing planes were grounded in the country for checks.

Brigadier GoranZ

Postby GoranZ on Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:17 pm

Brigadier GoranZ

Postby mrswdk on Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:06 am

Will Boeing ever recover from callously allowing hundreds of people to die in planes it knew to be manufactured to clown plane standard? Hopefully not!
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby 2dimes on Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:46 am

Clown plane standard.

You mean fly by wire? Scarebus started that.

Planes designed to be flown by a computer, which is more precise but can't think. Then if the AOA sensor malfunctions it just dives back to earth.

That is how planes will be continue to be built. No manufacturer will return to building manually controlled heavy aircraft. There is no market for them.

Pilots don't buy aircraft, accountants do.
Corporal 2dimes

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,