Conquer Club

Happy 682 Birthday Edmund of Langley!

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Happy 682 Birthday Edmund of Langley!

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:34 am

___-----_-_TODAY MARKS EDMUNDS BIRTHDAY! HE IS 682 YEARS OLD!
----///_<>< HE WAS SOMEONE IMPORTANT IN ENGLAND OR SOMETHING!
????()[]I DON'T EXACTLY KNOW WHAT HE'S FAMOUS FOR BUT IT'S HIS BIRTHDAY! YAY!
÷×+!!!!@@$%_____I JUST WANTED TO SPAM ANOTHER DUMB THREAD!

____/)([]00073 SO YEAH! BIRTHDAY! WOO! IMAGINE CELEBRATING LONG DEAD DORKS! ONLY IN BOOMER AMERICA! EVERYONE IS BLIND AND IM CLEARLY THE SMARTEST HUMAN BEAN LEFT! :mrgreen: :?: :!: :!: :!: :roll: :-$ O:) O:) O:)
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Re: Happy 682 Birthday Edmund of Langley!

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:29 am

A week ago was Mount Everest Day. The date, May 29th, celebrates the first ascent of Everest by Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay.

Since then, more than 6000 people have climbed Everest and more than 300 have died trying. So, roughly a 5% fatality rate, making it one of the most dangerous hobbies on Earth.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby jusplay4fun on Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:56 am

This is not for jimb, so do not read, jimb.

For those of us with wonder and curiosity of the world, here is what wikipedia says about Edmund of Langley:

Edmund of Langley, Duke of York (5 June 1341 – 1 August 1402) was the fourth surviving son of King Edward III of England and Philippa of Hainault. Like many medieval English princes, Edmund gained his nickname from his birthplace: Kings Langley Palace in Hertfordshire. He was the founder of the House of York, but it was through the marriage of his younger son, Richard of Conisburgh, 3rd Earl of Cambridge, to Anne de Mortimer, great-granddaughter of Edmund's elder brother Lionel of Antwerp, 1st Duke of Clarence, that the House of York made its claim to the English throne in the Wars of the Roses. The other party in the Wars of the Roses, the incumbent House of Lancaster, was formed from descendants of Edmund's elder brother John of Gaunt, 1st Duke of Lancaster, Edward III's third son.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edmund_of_Langley,_1st_Duke_of_York

Of course, there is more, for those who want more to learn and/or know.
JP4Fun

Sergeant 1st Class jusplay4fun

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:56 am

Dukasaur wrote:A week ago was Mount Everest Day. The date, May 29th, celebrates the first ascent of Everest by Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay.

Since then, more than 6000 people have climbed Everest and more than 300 have died trying. So, roughly a 5% fatality rate, making it one of the most dangerous hobbies on Earth.

This isn't "a week ago insert event" thread. This is a birthday thread! Quit derailing this important moment!
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:30 am

DirtyDishSoap wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:A week ago was Mount Everest Day. The date, May 29th, celebrates the first ascent of Everest by Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay.

This isn't "a week ago insert event" thread. This is a birthday thread! Quit derailing this important moment!

Your mention of Edmund of Langley obviously made me think about Edmund Hillary. It's logical train of word association.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby KoolBak on Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:38 am

I went Edmond Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot - Canadian - Crown Royal. Then I made a cocktail.

Yo Pimpy....can you add random color to your heinous posts?
"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca

AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
Sergeant 1st Class KoolBak

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Tue Jun 06, 2023 2:00 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
DirtyDishSoap wrote:

Your mention of Edmund of Langley obviously made me think about Edmund Hillary. It's logical train of word association.

I am making a support ticket as we speak for your transgressions. I WILL NOT LET THIS STAND DUK! YOU WILL RUE THE DAY YOU CROSSED ME AND MY IMPORTANT BIRTHDAY THREAD!
Dukasaur wrote:

Postby jonesthecurl on Tue Jun 06, 2023 3:02 pm

My trrain of thought was Edmund Blackadder - Rowan Atkinson - Mr Bean - Boston.
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Sergeant 1st Class jonesthecurl

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,