Conquer Club

60th Anniversary, JFK,LBJ, and more!!!

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: 60th Anniversary, JFK,LBJ, and more!!!

Postby GaryDenton on Fri Dec 01, 2023 1:24 am

I could believe that the mafia did it conspiracy theory, if there was not such a coverup in DC.

They threw out all the Parkland evidence and sketches and testimony and more to fit it to their predetermined finding, a lone crazy gunman did it.
They redid and faked everything in DC and smashed the car windshield. Everything was redone to fit one gunman.

Why would they do that for a Mafia hit?

They would do that for the CIA or rogue elements of the CIA.

The Mafia may have helped, they were very teed off about Cuba, too.

Released photo.

{--- <<<< Vote Blue

Republicans are puppy killers.
Private 1st Class GaryDenton

Postby GaryDenton on Fri Dec 01, 2023 1:40 am

I am starting to place people who believe the Warren Commission in the same category as Trump won the election believers.

What the Parkland doctors saw.

Their recollections were precise and clear, as if the intervening decades had melted away. Each of them reacted strongly when the autopsy pictures were projected on a screen. They didn't agree on everything, but it became obvious that the way the president looked at Parkland did not match the autopsy photos taken at Bethesda even before the official autopsy began.

Besides the doctors, I did several other interviews. Among these were Jim Jenkins, the only surviving member of the autopsy team, whose observations I wanted to compare with those of the Parkland doctors, and also Robert Tanenbaum, the original deputy chief counsel for the House Select Committee on Assassinations, who helped clarify what was told and not told to the public. He quit the committee because he felt they weren't conducting a real search for truth.

My husband, Bill Garnet, and I have continued our research for over 15 years, which has led us to the following conclusions: The doctors at Parkland had extensive experience in treating gunshot wounds and had no agenda other than trying to save the president's life. Those who saw the wound in the president's neck believed it was an entrance wound. Several of them saw a gaping hole in the back of JFK's head.

The government did everything it could do to negate, intimidate and threaten the Parkland doctors because their observations contradicted the single "magic bullet" theory of the Warren Commission. Based on this, I concluded that there had been a cover-up and the public had not been told the truth.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/jfk-assassination-john-f-kennedy-doctors/

{--- <<<< Vote Blue

Postby Votanic on Fri Dec 01, 2023 1:45 am

GaryDenton wrote:I could believe that the mafia did it conspiracy theory, if there was not such a coverup in DC.

They threw out all the Parkland evidence and sketches and testimony and more to fit it to their predetermined finding, a lone crazy gunman did it.
They redid and faked everything in DC and smashed the car windshield. Everything was redone to fit one gunman.

Why would they do that for a Mafia hit?

They would do that for the CIA or rogue elements of the CIA.

The Mafia may have helped, they were very teed off about Cuba, too.

Released photo.

Just to be clear here...
(Assuming you want to be clear)
The argument you support is the one that uses a doctored photograph.
Captain Votanic

Postby GaryDenton on Fri Dec 01, 2023 1:54 am

I support the Parkland doctors and what they saw. I debated using that first photo because it is not a Parkland photo but is based on what they saw,
The summary of the Warren Commission is in 'Case Closed'. Very readable. And convinced me they lied about everything they could.
{--- <<<< Vote Blue

Postby jusplay4fun on Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:39 am

Votanic wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:
Votanic wrote:Duk, Ruby is a likely part of the Oswald Did Not Act Alone Conspiracy.

How are you linking him to the Grassy Knoll/Second Gunman Nonsense?

That's an arbitrary distinction only you are making.

Uh, yes... that was the distinction I made eight posts ago. The one that you seemingly were aware of when you responded.
So anyway, if you can't even conceive of separating them (like torso-conjoined Siamese twins...), why not just treat the Kennedy assassination as only the tip of the great Ur-conspiracy iceberg.
Please elaborate furhter on how the Illuminati, sasquatch, Atlantis/Lemuria, and UFOs* are also intrinsically involved.

* Preferably the kind with real ETs inside them, but foreign ultra-high-tech aircraft and weather balloons will do in a pinch.

again, NO REAL PROOF:

Connection to Carlos Marcello
During hearings before the House Select Committee on Crime, Representative Sam Steiger asked Carlos Marcello if he recalled meeting Civello. Marcello replied only, "I've heard of him."[9]

In its investigation of the assassination of John F. Kennedy, the House Select Committee on Assassinations said that it recognized Jack Ruby's murder of Lee Harvey Oswald as a primary reason to suspect organized crime as possibly having involvement in the assassination.[10] In its investigation of Ruby to determine if he was involved in criminal activities and if that involvement was related to the killing of Oswald, the HSCA noted that Ruby was a "personal acquaintance" of Civello and that Civello was an associate of Marcello.[10] The Committee reported that "Oswald and Ruby showed a variety of relationships that may have matured into an assassination conspiracy" but that it "was unable firmly to identify the other gunman or the nature and extent" of a conspiracy involving organized crime.[10]

from source cited above:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Civello#Connection_to_Carlos_Marcello

One can play "connect the dots" all day long; the key is to offer proof that is cogent and lucid. That criteria has not been met here or elsewhere regarding the conspiracy theories of the JFK assassination.

And Duk, in your circle (and in this thread) I MAY be the only one who accepts the conclusion of the Warren Commission, but that is too small a sample. I am not even sure that I am the only one posting here.
JP4Fun

Sergeant 1st Class jusplay4fun

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:09 am

jusplay4fun wrote:again, NO REAL PROOF:

(...)
jusplay4fun wrote:One can play "connect the dots" all day long; the key is to offer proof that is cogent and lucid. That criteria has not been met here or elsewhere regarding the conspiracy theories of the JFK assassination.

We've been through this before. Real proof just isn't possible. Certainly not at this late date, when all the firsthand witnesses are dead and most of the physical evidence is either lost or has been through too many hands. But even way back, on the day of, I don't think real proof would have been possible. The evidence was too well obfuscated right from the beginning.

So real proof, as in a hypothesis that will survive a 95% confidence interval against a null hypothesis, just isn't possible.

All we can do is pass the test, not of a criminal court, but of a civil court: the test of a preponderance of evidence. A balancing of probabilities.

And on balance, the idea that Kennedy was rubbed out by a professional hit squad hired by Carlos Marcello, seems to me to be the most likely. No, it will never be proven with certainty. But on balance of probabilities, it fits the available facts better than the other theories.

There's a lot of things we will never know with certainty. We'll probably never know what happened before the Big Bang. We'll probably never know exactly what virus caused Justinian's plague. We'll probably never know the contents of Euclid's lost books. We'll probably never know what happened to the crew of the Marie Celeste. We'll probably never know the real birthday of Jesus Christ. We'll probably never know with certainty why Neanderthals went extinct. All we can do is weigh the various theories, and decide that some fit the known facts better than others.

Sorry to disappoint you, but some things cannot be proven with certainty. Sometimes playing "connect the dots" and coming up with the best possible hypothesis that fits the available facts is all you're going to get.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:16 am

Votanic wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:
Votanic wrote:Duk, Ruby is a likely part of the Oswald Did Not Act Alone Conspiracy.

Uh, yes... that was the distinction I made eight posts ago. The one that you seemingly were aware of when you responded.

Yeah, as I rejected it at that time. You can't just make up a classification system and expect other people to bow down and accept it on your say-so. You have to have some kind of reasoning to get people to accept it.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Votanic on Fri Dec 01, 2023 2:52 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
Votanic wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:

Yeah, as I rejected it at that time. You can't just make up a classification system and expect other people to bow down and accept it on your say-so. You have to have some kind of reasoning to get people to accept it.

So the fact that Ruby shot Oswald means there was a second gunman.
Well... that's conspiracy thinking for you.
Captain Votanic

Postby Lonous on Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:06 pm

Votanic wrote:So the fact that Ruby shot Oswald means there was a second gunman.
Explain why Ruby killed Oswald.
Explain it to me like you really believe it.
Major Lonous

Postby Votanic on Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:14 pm

Lonous wrote:
Votanic wrote:So the fact that Ruby shot Oswald means there was a second gunman.
Explain why Ruby killed Oswald.
Explain it to me like you really believe it.

No. I will not.
Because I don't have invested false belief in a reason that I don't actually know.

"Don't actually know" Now there's a line you'll rarely hear a conspiracy theorist say.

...or were you asking that question at Duk, Lonous?
Captain Votanic

Postby jusplay4fun on Sat Dec 09, 2023 1:25 am

Dukasaur wrote:
jusplay4fun wrote:again, NO REAL PROOF:

(...)
jusplay4fun wrote:One can play "connect the dots" all day long; the key is to offer proof that is cogent and lucid. That criteria has not been met here or elsewhere regarding the conspiracy theories of the JFK assassination.

We've been through this before. Real proof just isn't possible. Certainly not at this late date, when all the firsthand witnesses are dead and most of the physical evidence is either lost or has been through too many hands. But even way back, on the day of, I don't think real proof would have been possible. The evidence was too well obfuscated right from the beginning.

So real proof, as in a hypothesis that will survive a 95% confidence interval against a null hypothesis, just isn't possible.

All we can do is pass the test, not of a criminal court, but of a civil court: the test of a preponderance of evidence. A balancing of probabilities.

And on balance, the idea that Kennedy was rubbed out by a professional hit squad hired by Carlos Marcello, seems to me to be the most likely. No, it will never be proven with certainty. But on balance of probabilities, it fits the available facts better than the other theories.

There's a lot of things we will never know with certainty. We'll probably never know what happened before the Big Bang. We'll probably never know exactly what virus caused Justinian's plague. We'll probably never know the contents of Euclid's lost books. We'll probably never know what happened to the crew of the Marie Celeste. We'll probably never know the real birthday of Jesus Christ. We'll probably never know with certainty why Neanderthals went extinct. All we can do is weigh the various theories, and decide that some fit the known facts better than others.

Sorry to disappoint you, but some things cannot be proven with certainty. Sometimes playing "connect the dots" and coming up with the best possible hypothesis that fits the available facts is all you're going to get.

Modern Science, from Physics, says there is a limit to what humans can know. The basis for this is the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle. I have accepted the notion of things being unknowable. That is not new to me, so I am not disappointed. The best possible hypothesis is a notion that I have been cognizant of for many years. I cited Ockham's Razor as a basis for analyzing competing theories before.

I am aware of most the examples you cite and I think that the assassination of JFK will not be resolved anytime soon. I simply have found the evidence for any conspiracy to be tenuous, at best.

I think here is a situation where those who want a conspiracy will find one. They will "connect the dots" to find a plausible such theory. I find a mob hit on JFK more plausible than a CIA plot to kill him. However, evidence for both is quite limited and remains for me only speculation with insufficient proof for me.
JP4Fun

Sergeant 1st Class jusplay4fun

Postby Votanic on Sat Dec 09, 2023 1:43 am

Well this zany trip back to Camelot Noir was loads of fun...

Any conspiracy theorists out there game to put on your tin foil brain-wave enhancers and run through a 9/11 rehash?
Captain Votanic

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,