Conquer Club

Ukraine is Nearing the End

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Ukraine is Nearing the End

Postby HitRed on Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:35 pm

Votanic wrote:
HitRed wrote:$2,071 gold new high

Yikes! Whatever you do, don't invest!
And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God. - Matthew 19:24

Yes, trust the Congress, Federal Reserve and the Treasury
Captain HitRed

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:52 pm

Votanic wrote:Duk, you still haven't explained your opposition to Ukraine in NATO.

How do I adequately answer this without typing out an encyclopaedia that I don't have time for?

First, the expansion of Nato was always a mistake. With the fall of the Soviet Union, Nato should have gone into hibernation. Its central goal had been achieved. Soviet power was broken. Russia was essentially friendly, although not exactly in love with us. By poking the bear and recruiting her former cubs, we turned a potential friend back into an enemy.

Remember that there was a while where Russia was a democratic nation. Nato is not blameless in the rise of ultranationalists and Putin. Our (and I say 'our' for convenience, although of course John Major and George Bush and Francois Mitterand etc. didn't exactly call up you or me to ask our opinion) pushing into Russia's back yard helped elect Putin and solidify his power, in the same way that the Allies' continued humiliations of interwar Germany helped bring about the rise of Hitler.

Second, Ukraine's longest border is with Russia, and until 2014 they had a healthy economic relationship. 30% of Ukraine's exports went to, and 35% of Ukraine's imports came from Russia. Preserving that relationship should have been seen as an indisputable high priority. As Bastiat said, "when goods don't cross borders, armies will." Especially when your neighbours are big and powerful, preserving commerce is important.

Votanic wrote:Ukraine is just supposed to stand alone as an isolated entity and not get invaded??

At this point it has no choice but to eat from Nato's table.

But it wasn't a foregone conclusion that things would get to this state. Russia had a lot more to gain from free trade and friendship with Ukraine than from invading it. Pursuing a path of military and political neutrality while vigorously expanding international trade was their best bet.

Putin is a sociopath, but he's not a lunatic. He has a relatively fragile economy underpinning his imperial ambitions. He would not invade a nation if there was more to gain by courting it economically.
ā€œā€ŽLife is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.ā€
ā€• Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby GaryDenton on Sat Dec 02, 2023 12:37 am

Since December 2021 Saxi has predicted the End of Ukraine. Since even before it was invaded: "forthcoming liberation of Ukraine by the unstoppable leviathan of the Russian Federation."

He just has a crush on Putin.

"
{--- <<<< Vote Blue

Republicans are destroying America.
Private GaryDenton

Postby Votanic on Sat Dec 02, 2023 1:48 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
Votanic wrote:Duk, you still haven't explained your opposition to Ukraine in NATO.

How do I adequately answer this without typing out an encyclopaedia that I don't have time for?

First, the expansion of Nato was always a mistake. With the fall of the Soviet Union, Nato should have gone into hibernation. Its central goal had been achieved. Soviet power was broken. Russia was essentially friendly, although not exactly in love with us. By poking the bear and recruiting her former cubs, we turned a potential friend back into an enemy.
Having the ability to ally with others and defend onself is a mistake, because Russia is harmless?? ...and this is especially true for those adorable Russian 'cub' countries, so unfairly separated from their loving 'Mother'. If only that blasted wall and rusty curtain hadn't come down... Though presumably, if 'friendly', 'harmless' Russia respected other sovreign countries, they wouldn't try to stop them from joining any clubs they wanted to... maybe they would even

Remember that there was a while where Russia was a democratic nation. Nato is not blameless in the rise of ultranationalists and Putin. Our (and I say 'our' for convenience, although of course John Major and George Bush and Francois Mitterand etc. didn't exactly call up you or me to ask our opinion) pushing into Russia's back yard helped elect Putin and solidify his power, in the same way that the Allies' continued humiliations of interwar Germany helped bring about the rise of Hitler.
What? Russia was minimally democratic for like 10 years or so (only relative to the USSR). Just long enough for the oligarchs to considate their wealth and power.
Also it's not Russia's back yard. That yard is another country.... (Has saxi hacked Duks' account?) Remember, Gorbachev only ended the USSR because they were beyond broke... Putin's successor (if any) is probably going to have to declare bankruptcy again.

Second, Ukraine's longest border is with Russia, and until 2014 they had a healthy economic relationship. 30% of Ukraine's exports went to, and 35% of Ukraine's imports came from Russia. Preserving that relationship should have been seen as an indisputable high priority. As Bastiat said, "when goods don't cross borders, armies will." Especially when your neighbours are big and powerful, preserving commerce is important.
Until 2014? Gee what happened then? I mean besides the invasion beginning in Crimea! ...and everyone just ignored it, just like Austria in 1938. Yoohoo, Umbrella Man from over on the Kennedy Ass thread, please come over here and stand in front of Duk for awhile. Your poignant (or pointless?) symbolism may be the only thing to get through...

Votanic wrote:Ukraine is just supposed to stand alone as an isolated entity and not get invaded??

At this point it has no choice but to eat from Nato's table. What? No choice? Of course they have a choice. The can surrender to Mom Russia and become a Russian oblast. (saxi, I know it's you...) Of course, Nato and the EU also had a choice to not drag their feet over Ukrainian membership and they blew it.

But it wasn't a foregone conclusion that things would get to this state. Russia had a lot more to gain from free trade and friendship with Ukraine than from invading it. Pursuing a path of military and political neutrality while vigorously expanding international trade was their best bet.
Free trade and friendship is still Russia's best bet... but all those Vodka-soused Russians just want to squander it all for a kinky, jingoist floorshow with Putin all done up in Stalin/Hitler/Czar drag or whatever. Most Russians hate democracy and love being bullies. It's a cultural thing. Were Czarism and the Soviet Union cause or effect? Let's just say it was a positive feedback loop.

Putin is a sociopath, but he's not a lunatic. He has a relatively fragile economy underpinning his imperial ambitions. He would not invade a nation if there was more to gain by courting it economically.Again, he invaded the Crimea in 2014. That is not economic courting.You aren't even trying to make sense. ... but it will be funny when Russia gets so poor that they are willing to pretend to be democratic and West-friendly again.... or else do the honorable less embarrassing thing and commit nuclear-sebukku

Anyway, at this point when things do go nuclear, it won't be the act of a mad man, but rather someone who has decided that the threatening bluffs of bad apples like Russia, North Korea, etc. must be called out. (Yes, the microcosm of Pal-rael is another arena where this may play out.) Of course, if the West just keeps thinking conventional warfare is the answer... someone in Russia may decide to call the bluff first.
Captain Votanic

Postby Lonous on Sat Dec 02, 2023 3:52 pm

Votanic wrote:Of course, Nato and the EU also had a choice to not drag their feet over Ukrainian membership and they blew it.

No. Making Ukraine a full member of NATO would mean that all member countries would be required to send full participation.
Its so much more palatable to simply provoke the bad Russians into a move, and then equipping martyrs.
The AngloSaxons can sit back and rake in a boosted economy while slav kills slav.
Or Afghan kills Soviets, or whatever the next crisis model looks like.

A reminder for anyone new to warhawk watching, we have been working on making this current crisis scenario come true for decades.
https://www.c-span.org/video/?c5004708/ ... -nato-1997
Major Lonous

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Dec 02, 2023 4:29 pm

Votanic wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:

Having the ability to ally with others and defend onself is a mistake, because Russia is harmless?? ...and this is especially true for those adorable Russian 'cub' countries, so unfairly separated from their loving 'Mother'. If only that blasted wall and rusty curtain hadn't come down... Though presumably, if 'friendly', 'harmless' Russia respected other sovreign countries, they wouldn't try to stop them from joining any clubs they wanted to... maybe they would even

You're American, right? You recognize this phrase?
"peace, commerce, and honest friendship with all nationsā€”entangling alliances with none."

A military alliance is not a bridge club. It's not people coming together for a night of harmless entertainment. A military alliance always implies a mutual enemy that one expects to eventually have a war with.

The system of European alliances is generally agreed to have turned the brush fire of the Balkan Wars into the worldwide conflagration that was World War One.

Signing on to a military alliance is basically a Letter of Intent to eventually wage war, even if the time line is only a distant future.

Votanic wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:Remember that there was a while where Russia was a democratic nation. Nato is not blameless in the rise of ultranationalists and Putin. Our (and I say 'our' for convenience, although of course John Major and George Bush and Francois Mitterand etc. didn't exactly call up you or me to ask our opinion) pushing into Russia's back yard helped elect Putin and solidify his power, in the same way that the Allies' continued humiliations of interwar Germany helped bring about the rise of Hitler.

What? Russia was minimally democratic for like 10 years or so (only relative to the USSR). Just long enough for the oligarchs to consolidate their wealth and power.

And that, largely, is the original sin that we are complicit in. The Russian oligarchy was a product of a corrupt transition from communism to capitalism. It was engineered by Jeremy Sachs of Goldman Sachs, largely following the model already trialed in Hungary and Poland. It didn't need to be that way. A communist economy can be transformed into a market economy without creating a new feudalism.

But I digress...

Votanic wrote:Also it's not Russia's back yard. That yard is another country....

Again, you're American, right? Remember when Cuba decided to enter a military alliance with another country and you all shit your collective pants? As I recall, it was quite the crisis, and now that the seals of secrecy have been broken we know that we were even closer to WWIII than anyone knew at the time.

As above, a military alliance is not a bridge club, it's a Letter of Intent to eventually wage war. America felt very threatened by the Russians taking over a nation on their doorstep, just as the Russians felt very threatened by Nato's expansion into Poland, Hungary, etc.

Votanic wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:Second, Ukraine's longest border is with Russia, and until 2014 they had a healthy economic relationship. 30% of Ukraine's exports went to, and 35% of Ukraine's imports came from Russia. Preserving that relationship should have been seen as an indisputable high priority. As Bastiat said, "when goods don't cross borders, armies will." Especially when your neighbours are big and powerful, preserving commerce is important.

Until 2014? Gee what happened then? I mean besides the invasion beginning in Crimea!

I know the question is rhetorical, but I'll answer it anyway.

A pro-Russian government in Kiev was overthrown and replaced by a pro-Western government in Kiev.

There's been reams written arguing about which was more corrupt, which was more a violation of the people's will, which was more servile to a foreign power. I'm not going down that path. It's a bunch of pots calling a bunch of kettles black. The pre-Maidan and post-Maidan regimes were both very corrupt, they both engaged in anti-democratic manipulation and subterfuge, and they were both very much in bed with foreign interests. Only difference was which foreign interest they were in bed with.

But following along with our previous example, it was very much like the Communist takeover of Cuba. The people of Ukraine might have thought it was about their economic prospects, just as the people in Cuba might have. But to the fellow in the Kremlin, it was a knife pointed at his throat, just as the Cuban revolution was seen by the fellow in the White House.

Votanic wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:But it wasn't a foregone conclusion that things would get to this state. Russia had a lot more to gain from free trade and friendship with Ukraine than from invading it. Pursuing a path of military and political neutrality while vigorously expanding international trade was their best bet.

Free trade and friendship is still Russia's best bet...

At present, problematic at best. ;)

Votanic wrote:but all those Vodka-soused Russians just want to squander it all for a kinky, jingoist floorshow with Putin all done up in Stalin/Hitler/Czar drag or whatever. Most Russians hate democracy and love being bullies. It's a cultural thing. Were Czarism and the Soviet Union cause or effect? Let's just say it was a positive feedback loop.

To a limited extent, I will agree with you.

Russia has for a long time been an expansionist, imperialist power, and that does create its own momentum. Much of Putin's power comes from a nostalgia for the days when the whole world feared the Soviet Union. Even many people who hated the Communists are sometimes nostalgic about Soviet power. So that is an element to consider.

But it's not the only element. There are people in England nostalgic about the days of Empire, but you don't see anyone standing up in Parliament and demanding an invasion of India. All things being equal, people will tend to support peace and prosperity over war and sacrifice. If we hadn't fed the paranoia of the Russian nationalists, they would have gradually dwindled.

Damn, had more to say but I'm out of time.
ā€œā€ŽLife is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.ā€
ā€• Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Votanic on Sat Dec 02, 2023 4:37 pm

Lonous wrote:
Votanic wrote:Of course, Nato and the EU also had a choice to not drag their feet over Ukrainian membership and they blew it.

No. Making Ukraine a full member of NATO would mean that all member countries would be required to send full participation.
Its so much more palatable to simply provoke the bad Russians into a move, and then equipping martyrs.
The AngloSaxons can sit back and rake in a boosted economy while slav kills slav.
Or Afghan kills Soviets, or whatever the next crisis model looks like.

A reminder for anyone new to warhawk watching, we have been working on making this current crisis scenario come true for decades.
https://www.c-span.org/video/?c5004708/ ... -nato-1997

To some degree, ...it is absurd how these endless proxy wars, like Vietnam, don't end in a direct Super-power conflict.
But you overstate the complexity too... this war, in the Ukraine, in the 21st Century, is completely Russia's fault.

Of course, it is gagging the way that Finland can just buy into NATO at the very last possible moment with no red tape.
I wonder what would have happened differently if Russia had invaded non-NATO Finland in 2022?
...but then it is EU, which is another military & economic protection arrangement bundled together. I'll have to bring that up with Duk too, when I have enough energy to reply to his reply.
Captain Votanic

Postby jusplay4fun on Sun Dec 03, 2023 3:13 am

Looking back, it seems that the US and NATO "poked the Bear" i.e., Russia, by "flirting" with an alliance with Ukraine. I agree with Duk that this is similar to the USSR allying with and helping Cuba.

However, missiles in 1962 is Cuba is a much GREATER provocation that what was offered to Ukraine, so that analogy is not perfect. With a long border with Russia, a NATO alliance with or membership is provocative. The West (NATO) basically allowed Russia to take Crimea from Ukraine. Now Putin wanted MORE and wanted a regime favorable to him and Russia in Ukraine. The Ukrainian people effectively fought back, and, unlike saxi's many predictions, Ukraine did not fall to the might of the Russian army in the initial phases of the ILLEGAL INVASION by Russia of Ukraine. So here we are.

I will also say that US financial aid to Ukraine needs limits and we cannot and should fund them at the current rate.
JP4Fun

Sergeant 1st Class jusplay4fun

Postby Votanic on Sun Dec 03, 2023 3:27 am

jusplay4fun wrote:Looking back, it seems that the US and NATO "poked the Bear" i.e., Russia, by "flirting" with an alliance with Ukraine. I agree with Duk that this is similar to the USSR allying with and helping Cuba.

However, missiles in 1962 is Cuba is a much GREATER provocation that what was offered to Ukraine, so that analogy is not perfect. With a long border with Russia, a NATO alliance with or membership is provocative. The West (NATO) basically allowed Russia to take Crimea from Ukraine. Now Putin wanted MORE and wanted a regime favorable to him and Russia in Ukraine. The Ukrainian people effectively fought back, and, unlike saxi's many predictions, Ukraine did not fall to the might of the Russian army in the initial phases of the ILLEGAL INVASION by Russia of Ukraine. So here we are.

I will also say that US financial aid to Ukraine needs limits and we cannot and should fund them at the current rate.

Yes, yes, of course, not even close. I just haven't had time to read Duk about it.
No NATO missiles even in eastern Europe... not the same thing at all.
Besides there are already missiles in Turkey... and the geographic location of any given missile isn't even that crucial anymore.
...and that daft WWI comparison.. no, no, no.
...and nevermind NATO membership anyway, let's talk about EU membership denied.
Though NATO and the EU have at least one thing in common: Allies with both military and economic interests largely aligned.

To use an analogy you will all understand: This is not one of those sad game chat truces; this is an actual team game.
Captain Votanic

Postby jusplay4fun on Sun Dec 03, 2023 3:50 am

Votanic wrote:
jusplay4fun wrote:Looking back, it seems that the US and NATO "poked the Bear" i.e., Russia, by "flirting" with an alliance with Ukraine. I agree with Duk that this is similar to the USSR allying with and helping Cuba.

Yes, yes, of course, not even close. I just haven't had time to read Duk about it.
Besides there are already missiles in Turkey... and the geographic location of any given missile isn't even that crucial anymore.
Though NATO and the EU have at least one thing in common: Allies with both military and economic interests largely aligned.

To use an analogy you will all understand: This is not one of those sad game chat truces; this is an actual team game.

I understand the difference. I was attempting to clarify a few matters. And I understand technology of missiles and other things have improved.

One of the Fundamental approaches to Peace in Post-WW2 Europe is to build alliances both economically AND via treaties and agreements. Hence the EU (and before that, the Common Market). I think you validated my point already.

Putin is a dictator and is intent in re-establishing much of the former USSR by military might and threats. He has conquered regions south of Russia in the Caucasus Mountains region. He wants more and does not want a Ukraine that aims to ally with the West, both Economically and via Treaties.
JP4Fun

Postby Votanic on Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:00 am

jusplay4fun wrote:
Votanic wrote:

I understand the difference. I was attempting to clarify a few matters. And I understand technology of missiles and other things have improved.

One of the Fundamental approaches to Peace in Post-WW2 Europe is to build alliances both economically AND via treaties and agreements. Hence the EU (and before that, the Common Market). I think you validated my point already.

Putin is a dictator and is intent in re-establishing much of the former USSR by military might and threats. He has conquered regions south of Russia in the Caucasus Mountains region. He wants more and does not want a Ukraine that aims to ally with the West, both Economically and via Treaties.

Don't be afraid to spend a bit. Russia isn't making any money off this Ukraine fiasco either... They'll exhaust their funds and ground troops first, especially if we mostl just drop bombs and such. Yes, they might make Ukraine unlivable, but we can at least keep it an 'no man's land' that they won't be able to extract goods and resources from either.

Yes the "unspeakable" deterrent of nuclear war has now become a thing that the 'bad apples' like Russia are taking advantage of "They will dare because (they think) we would never dare".
At some point somebody is going to call a bluff on all this bullshit. It might even be one of the underdogs like Ukraine, Hamas, etc. that know the endless conventional war industrial complex is just going to keep throwing them under the bus. Worldwide, there is no such thing as 'innocent' civilian'... but spoiled, privileged civilians and First-worlders? Yes.
Save some nukes for Switzerland. Nothing neutral about that mountainous piggy-bank.

Also, while I'm throwing it all out here, please take a moment to compare and contrast the following.
Normal Consistent Thought Processes: Pro-Ukraine + Pro-Hamas. Anti-Russia + Anti-Israel.
versus
saxi 'dropped-on-head-as-baby' Inconsistent Thought Processes: Pro-Russia + Pro-Hamas. Anti-Ukraine + Anti-Israel.

Dear Reader: If you count yourself among those with enough understanding and maturity to be able to come to terms with your own mortality...
Then you should be able to also grasp that the destruction of such things as 'the human race' or 'planet Earth' are actually relatively small-potatoes.
In an idle moment, you may indulge in a frivolous vision of 'Eternity'... but of course you will never actually experience it. Memento Mori Uber Alles!!! Th-th-that's all Folks!
Captain Votanic

Postby Pack Rat on Mon Dec 04, 2023 12:14 pm

Did you say, "Uber alles"?

Sergeant 1st Class Pack Rat

Postby Votanic on Mon Dec 04, 2023 6:31 pm

Pack Rat wrote:Did you say, "Uber alles"?

Even though Jello is a total douche in RL (Fortunately, at least his irrelevancy is now near-complete)... but here, he 'accidentally' makes a good point.
Left-wing Fascism: Just one more scary thing that started out as a comedy sketch, and now only a generation later is an intractable fact-of-life.
All I can say is those age-old concepts like 'death' and 'taxes' better start watching their backs.

Btw, here is some much better music that also tries to be subversive by saying 'uber alles' for (admittedly minimal) shock value:

I mean even as a metaphorical concept, Jerry Brown is an underwhelming and over-specific target.... but Hitler, now there was a master of self-promotion, both in-house and viral.
Captain Votanic

Postby jusplay4fun on Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:45 pm

Here is an "accurate" prediction post by our lovely saxi:

Re: Russian peacekeeping forces enter Ukraine
Postby saxitoxin on Sun Feb 27, 2022 1:45 am

Monday will be hilarious when Russia actually sends in the columns and all the Uke cheerleaders in America realize these "victories" have been against scout platoons. Thankfully, March Madness will be gearing up so they can turn their attention elsewhere.

Ukraine is about to be turned into a parking lot.

https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=237576&hilit=Ukraine&start=50

also by saxi, same page:

Postby saxitoxin on Sun Feb 27, 2022 1:21 pm

THE key difference between this war and the Serbia genocide is that the Russians are taking casualties in order to avoid hitting civilianS targets. They could easily carpet bomb Ukraine into dust and then occupy what's left.

So is that why schools, apartments, and electrical infrastructures in Ukraine are often and regularly hit by Russian missiles? Really, saxi?? MORE LIES.
JP4Fun

Postby Pack Rat on Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:43 pm

jusplay4fun wrote:Here is an "accurate" prediction post by our lovely saxi:

Monday will be hilarious when Russia actually sends in the columns and all the Uke cheerleaders in America realize these "victories" have been against scout platoons. Thankfully, March Madness will be gearing up so they can turn their attention elsewhere.

https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=237576&hilit=Ukraine&start=50

also by saxi, same page:

THE key difference between this war and the Serbia genocide is that the Russians are taking casualties in order to avoid hitting civilianS targets. They could easily carpet bomb Ukraine into dust and then occupy what's left.

So is that why schools, apartments, and electrical infrastructures in Ukraine are often and regularly hit by Russian missiles? Really, saxi?? MORE LIES.nutcase.

You take Saxi, way to seriously. Relax jusplay4fun and understand that Saxi is getting his jollies fucking with you and others.

Russian trolls get free apartments with actual functioning toilets!

Postby Lonous on Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:49 pm

also by saxi, same page:

So is that why schools, apartments, and electrical infrastructures in Ukraine are often and regularly hit by Russian missiles? Really, saxi?? MORE LIES.

This is just embarrassing. Someone posts a current evaluation of events 7 days after the start of the fighting, and you take that as a summary of what has happened the last year and a half? I hope your aren't truly that desperate for a 'gotcha' on Saxi. Seriously, what did you do, go back through a year and a half of his posts looking for anything possible to gotcha him with? Sad!

And on topic, the west should be mortified. Russia had zero expectation of the west, or all of NATO, coming to the aid of Ukraine. Throwing billions of dollars of military equipment their way. Sending NATO forces to personally train and prepare the Ukrainian forces. Of stifling sanctions against Russia to a magnitude not seen before.
... and Russia still prevails?
Embarrassing indeed. No wonder you guys are searching high and low for anything you can call a victory.
Major Lonous

Postby jusplay4fun on Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:44 pm

Lonous wrote:

also by saxi, same page:

This is just embarrassing. Someone posts a current evaluation of events 7 days after the start of the fighting, and you take that as a summary of what has happened the last year and a half? I hope your aren't truly that desperate for a 'gotcha' on Saxi. Seriously, what did you do, go back through a year and a half of his posts looking for anything possible to gotcha him with? Sad!

And on topic, the west should be mortified. Russia had zero expectation of the west, or all of NATO, coming to the aid of Ukraine. Throwing billions of dollars of military equipment their way. Sending NATO forces to personally train and prepare the Ukrainian forces. Of stifling sanctions against Russia to a magnitude not seen before.
Embarrassing indeed. No wonder you guys are searching high and low for anything you can call a victory.

You obviously missed the point after your month hiatus. Saxi LIES. period.

In case newbies, like you, have not figured that out, there is the proof.
JP4Fun

Postby Pack Rat on Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:51 pm

Lonous wrote:

also by saxi, same page:

Russia still prevails? You need a reality check.

Postby Votanic on Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:18 pm

Pack Rat wrote:
Lonous wrote:

also by saxi, same page:

Russia still prevails? You need a reality check.

Ultimately, Russia can't win because (drum roll please)... invading other countries hostile to you and turning them into productive colonies just doesn't work anymore. Actually making a profit off an angry, invaded Ukraine is goint to be pretty much a no-win ruple-pit. That stuff worked great back in the 19th Century because back then the majority of the world's people were still running around in in grass skirts hitting each other with sticks. Just having a gun (and wearing pants) gave Europeans god-like powers. ... but it hasn't really worked since, in the last 100 years or so.
Now that the whole world is populated by cynical, pseudo-sophisticated brats with smart phones (Basically Planet Mall Rat), the best way to take over the world is with drugs (like caffeinated beverages), personal tech devices, and mass-market pop culture*. Trust me, you can absolutely destroy people that way. I mean crush them to pulp.
Yes, pleasure does equal violence, but not in the way that you think.

In contrast, Russia's almost-medieval addiction to outdated Czarist/WWII/Soviet war-porn will only be their own undoing.

* For example, highly addictive, serialized television, online videos, ...and computer games**
** Not Conquer Club so much, I mean the modern, high-tech, up-to-date stuff that the kids like.
Captain Votanic

Postby saxitoxin on Tue Dec 26, 2023 4:41 pm

The new Uke draft law introduced today will conscript men up to age 60, single limb amputees, and those with up to 50% blindness.
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby Votanic on Tue Dec 26, 2023 4:44 pm

saxitoxin wrote:The new Uke draft law introduced today will conscript men up to age 60, single limb amputees, and those with up to 50% blindness.

but.. but.. the farmer and the cowman should be friends.
Captain Votanic

Postby pmac666 on Tue Dec 26, 2023 10:31 pm

Lonous wrote:

also by saxi, same page:

Thats some first class cope. Poor Russia. :lol:
Colonel pmac666

Postby jusplay4fun on Wed Dec 27, 2023 4:53 am

pmac666 wrote:
Lonous wrote:

also by saxi, same page:

Thats some first class cope. Poor Russia. :lol:

You have been gone from this Forum for some time, pmac, so jumping into a discussion without knowing about all the lies and obfuscation by saxi is not intelligent. Your comments show your lack of knowledge of events and discussion in recent months, especially in this thread. saxi has been predicting the victory by the Russians against Ukraine for a long time and has been WRONG more than once. You, pmac, are the one to misread one post. Get your act and your facts together.

saxi is very likely to tell lies to further his agenda (his "Fake News"). I will call him (and others) on his lies and misleading statements. I did so here, so my post is not what you say it is.

I will give saxi credit: his posts cause controversies that prompt several others to post. Some even post intelligent and interesting ideas.
JP4Fun

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,