Conquer Club

Ukraine is Nearing the End

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Ukraine is Nearing the End

Postby saxitoxin on Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:08 am

FT reports the average age of Uke recruits is mid 30s to early 40s. They've used up all their 20 somethings.

The Russian Federation, however, has not.

There will be no dawn tomorrow for Ukraine.

https://www.ft.com/content/25711074-5e1 ... b535f671d5
Corporal saxitoxin

Re: Ukraine is Nearing the End

Postby Pack Rat on Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:48 am

Good thing that Russia has plenty of vodka to power their military.

https://nypost.com/2023/10/03/drunk-russian-troops-sent-to-die-in-punishment-squads/
Lieutenant Pack Rat

Postby saxitoxin on Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:10 pm

Pack Rat wrote:Good thing that Russia has plenty of vodka to power their military.

https://nypost.com/2023/10/03/drunk-russian-troops-sent-to-die-in-punishment-squads/

So we're allowed to reference the New York Post now?

- New York Post story on Hunter Biden's laptop in October 2020 - "Russian disinformation to help Trump!"
    - New York Post story on drunk Russians - "Solemn, serious, and credible information about Russia."
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby Pack Rat on Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:30 pm

saxitoxin wrote:
Pack Rat wrote:Good thing that Russia has plenty of vodka to power their military.

- New York Post story on Hunter Biden's laptop in October 2020 - "Russian disinformation to help Trump!"
    - New York Post story on drunk Russians - "Solemn, serious, and credible information about Russia."

Yes Saxi. Russia has interfered with our elections. Putin, Xi, Kim and Saudi Arabia want Trump as President. They know Trump will f*ck up the alliances that President Biden has made stronger.

Your attempts to bolster Russia is laughable and not to be taken seriously.

Your average Russian is lucky, if they have indoor plumbing.
Lieutenant Pack Rat

Postby saxitoxin on Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:00 pm

Pack Rat wrote:Your average Russian is lucky, if they have indoor plumbing.

Corporal saxitoxin

Postby Pack Rat on Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:54 pm

saxitoxin wrote:
Pack Rat wrote:Your average Russian is lucky, if they have indoor plumbing.

1.6 million without indoor plumbing? Not bad considering 334 million have indoor plumbing.

What's the ratio of those who have or have not indoor plumbing in Russia, China and North Korea?

Chew on that my hilarious comedian.
Lieutenant Pack Rat

Postby bigtoughralf on Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:09 pm

Pack Rat wrote:What's the ratio of those who have or have not indoor plumbing in Russia, China and North Korea?

The only thing those three countries have in common is that the US Government hates them.

Chinese people are paying for everything contactless through the phones, or even facial recognition, while people in the US are still signing for card payments with a pen.

https://www.unicef.org.uk/donate/children-in-gaza-crisis-appeal/

https://www.savethechildren.org.uk/how-you-can-help/emergencies/gaza-crisis
Lieutenant bigtoughralf

Postby Pack Rat on Tue Nov 28, 2023 10:54 pm

bigtoughralf wrote:
Pack Rat wrote:What's the ratio of those who have or have not indoor plumbing in Russia, China and North Korea?

The only thing those three countries have in common is that the US Government hates them.

Chinese people are paying for everything contactless through the phones, or even facial recognition, while people in the US are still signing for card payments with a pen.

All three countries have much in common, including no free press, dictatorships and no opposition parties.

Chinese economy is stagnating and falling. Joblessness growing.
Lieutenant Pack Rat

Postby Votanic on Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:52 pm

saxitoxin wrote:

The New York Post is the the only thing that keeps NYC from descending into something beyond the wildest Satanic imaginings of a psychotic Kurt Russell on his last Peyote-Datura death-trip.
The New York Post gathers all of the tripartite elements of true journalism: Truth, Fakery, and Corrake and transmogrifies them into something that any New Yorker, American, or Earthling should be proud to read.
Thank all of the gods, idols, demons, and spirits, both clean and unclean, for the continuing existence of the New York Post (especially the News and Metro sections) and may Conquer Club always hold the Post up as an exemplary model of what the Forums may yet one day become if we remain ever-vigilant in our deathless quest for profound truths through idle amusement.
Amen

Note: What started out as a mere secular argument for the Post's many virtues became transmogrified (yes, that word again) into a solemn and rapturous prayer as I became possessed by a spirit that I can only describe as The Angel of Newsery.
Captain Votanic

Postby Votanic on Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:34 am

bigtoughralf wrote:

Doubtlessly so, China is several staps farther along in the subjugation of the old flesh under the benevolent fist (VR of course) of the AI overlord and it's overwhelming Third Millennium Paradigm!
Unfortunately (?), America, still possesses at least a partial vestige of the savage independence of the Wild West, while in the Far East the transfer process is much simpler: Dharmic controls need only be transfered from the old conceptions of the Buddhist-Dao into that of the new Techno-bodhisattva of 'Ultimate (extermination) Compassion'!

What is the one thing more extreme in its anti-humanity than dividing the Universe into a simplistic dichotomy of good and evil?
Why, convicing humanity that the Universe is only a transitory illusion, of course.
All you see is but the illusions of a false consiousness, the realm of Maya. Surrender thy mortal coil and transcend into eternal Enlightenment!!!(Death)!!!!
Captain Votanic

Postby KoolBak on Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:50 am

I literally can't recall the last time I signed while using a card for making a purchase....

On a kool note, I just scored a new client that has acquired a big contract with the Ukranian army for supplying drones - taking the biz away from a chinese supplier. Good news all around.....
"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca

AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
Sergeant 1st Class KoolBak

Postby jusplay4fun on Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:57 am

bigtoughralf wrote:

I agree with KoolBak on this point: It has been a long while since I used an actual pen to sign a card payment; I rarely use even an "electronic pen." I usually just TAP and go.

ralph must be reading accounts from 20 years ago from the USA. Get up with the times ralph. You again show your lack of knowledge. PATHETIC ralph.
JP4Fun

Sergeant 1st Class jusplay4fun

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:46 am

jusplay4fun wrote:
bigtoughralf wrote:

I agree with KoolBak on this point: It has been a long while since I used an actual pen to sign a card payment; I rarely use even an "electronic pen." I usually just TAP and go.

ralph must be reading accounts from 20 years ago from the USA. Get up with the times ralph. You again show your lack of knowledge. PATHETIC ralph.

He's exaggerating for effect, but he isn't completely wrong. Europe and East Asia were way ahead of North America in things like contactless payment. The big changeover probably happened 15 years ago there, while it was probably more like 5 years ago here. Really, a lot of places in North America didn't start pushing contactless until the pandemic.

But a lot of it has to do with pushback from dinosaurs like me. I don't like the idea of putting banking information on my phone where a thief could find it, so I still use regular plastic. Haven't had to sign a slip in years, but I do often have to manually enter a PIN. Tim Hortons is constantly bombarding me with "special offers" of free cookies and shit if I put their scanning shit on my phone, but I won't do it.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Votanic on Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:07 pm

Nothing wrong with pens...

But you're right, most bozos will happily give a blood sample, fingerprint, and retinal scan for a free doughnut.
Captain Votanic

Postby bigtoughralf on Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:52 pm

jusplay4fun wrote:I rarely use even an "electronic pen."

The implication that you have ever signed for a card payment using a stylus on a screen is already pretty funny though tbf.

Next you and Votanic will be waxing lyrical about the good old days when no one had to register births and The Man therefore had no way of knowing you existed.

https://www.unicef.org.uk/donate/children-in-gaza-crisis-appeal/

https://www.savethechildren.org.uk/how-you-can-help/emergencies/gaza-crisis
Lieutenant bigtoughralf

Postby Votanic on Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:05 pm

bigtoughralf wrote:
jusplay4fun wrote:I rarely use even an "electronic pen."

The implication that you have ever signed for a card payment using a stylus on a screen is already pretty funny though tbf.

Next you and Votanic will be waxing lyrical about the good old days when no one had to register births and The Man therefore had no way of knowing you existed.

Or maybe the good old days before you had to make your multi account so nobody could prove you still existed??
In any case, best of luck in completely escaping the constraints of your mere physical existence.
Maintain the course, you are virtually there.
Captain Votanic

Postby KoolBak on Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:23 pm

:lol: ok, THAT was good....

AND:

Postby saxitoxin on Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:14 pm

I'm like Duk, I keep the NFC on my phone OFF to avoid malicious persons trying to access my phone with an NFC skimmer.

I probably use a stylus and signing pad about 2-3 times per week!

Life in the UK sounds like living in a giant jar of vaseline - don't hafta use styluses, no venomous snakes or bear or big cat attacks, don't even hafta worry about Irish people periodically blowing stuff up anymore.
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby GaryDenton on Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:07 pm

I cannot find an example of good journalism in the New York Post.

Daily you find examples of bad journalism and opinions.

https://archives.cjr.org/the_audit/the_new_york_posts_disgrace.php

The paper New York fish are embarrassed to be wrapped in and why New York parrots have the lowest IQ.
{--- <<<< Vote Blue

Republicans are puppy killers.
Private 1st Class GaryDenton

Postby Votanic on Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:46 pm

saxitoxin wrote:I'm like Duk, I keep the NFC on my phone OFF to avoid malicious persons trying to access my phone with an NFC skimmer.

Life in the UK sounds like living in a giant jar of vaseline - don't hafta use styluses, no venomous snakes or bear or big cat attacks, don't even hafta worry about Irish people periodically blowing stuff up anymore.

The European Adder (Vipera berus) is a venomous snake native to much of Great Britain, In the UK, only Northern Ireland is without snakes.
Captain Votanic

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:02 pm

Votanic wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:I'm like Duk, I keep the NFC on my phone OFF to avoid malicious persons trying to access my phone with an NFC skimmer.

The European Adder (Vipera berus) is a venomous snake native to much of Great Britain, In the UK, only Northern Ireland is without snakes.

European adder is a pussy.

My father was a reptile collector, and before we escaped to the West, European adders were the only poisonous snakes he could get his hands on, so he had several of them. Got bitten a couple times. Never died, unfortunately.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby HitRed on Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:27 pm

Forgiveness is good.
Captain HitRed

Postby KoolBak on Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:47 am

So is resentment. Depends on the situation.

Since we freely regurgitate life advice with no context :lol:

AND:

Postby Lonous on Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:05 am

But Thankgiving leftovers are better than both, and are unfortunately long gone.

On topic, I would like to thank the millions of Ukrainians that bought into the 'US vs THEM' rhetoric and valiantly gave their lives so arms manufacturers in the west could see an amazing year of returns. I am sure the guilt/money laden share holders will be giving up their profits to ease the suffering of the Ukrainian victims of the war aannnyyyy second now.

And to all you warhawks that cheered on the carnage of these peaceful slavic people, please learn from this and try not to be duped into the next conflict.
Oh wait, its already too late isn't it.
Major Lonous

Next

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,