Conquer Club

Colorado makes a MAGA President, Godlike!!!

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Colorado makes a MAGA President, Godlike!!!

Postby 2dimes on Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:38 am

Votanic wrote:
Pack Rat wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:
Votanic wrote:Can somebody please post another Biden fall as an amusing distraction?

I'm going with a classic.

Do they make bicycle seats big enough for Trump?

saxi, this begs for a repost of your turkey-cycle airt.

How many of you still own a bicycle? When was the last time rode one?

Saxitoxin probably has a trike.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:53 am

2dimes wrote:How many of you still own a bicycle? When was the last time rode one?

I still own a bicycle.

It's been two years since I rode it.
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby jusplay4fun on Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:50 am

Dukasaur wrote:
2dimes wrote:How many of you still own a bicycle? When was the last time rode one?

I still own a bicycle.

It's been two years since I rode it.

I encourage you to ride your bicycle as often as possible, Duk. My personal physician told me years ago that to get my heart rate up that my frequent walks were not enough. He recommended jogging (too many have shin splints and other physical ailments as a result), swimming, or riding a bicycle. The bicycle was my choice and I still do so these days, when I can.

I try to ride as often as possible. That is difficult in the winter, with low temps and I do not want to ride in the dark. I last rode before my bout with the flu and before the temperatures dropped below freezing most nights.

I have made rides of nearly 30 miles with a group out of Williamsburg, VA. We ride in nearby rural counties. What annoys me a bit is that many ride with e-bikes, with small electric motors. I end up being one of the last to finish, but I take pride that I do the entire route unassisted by a motor, other than ME. I do those in the summer months, as teaching does not give me time to ride that far with them some 10 months of the year. I mostly stay on roads in my suburban area where I live when I ride alone.

One irony is that the city marked off many bicycle routes that I rarely use. They tend to be on busy roads, with speed limits of 35 mph or more. I prefer to avoid as many moving cars as possible, so I ride on mostly residential streets with a speed limit of 25 mph (miles per hour). Several of us frequent riders assume that this is an example of wasted federal government speeding. I rarely see anyone on most of those marked bicycle routes. One problem is that people still park as they did BEFORE the bike routes were designated, so I would have to ride around parked cars.
JP4Fun

Sergeant 1st Class jusplay4fun

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,