Conquer Club

Baltimore bridge collapses

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Baltimore bridge collapses

Postby Lonous on Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:12 am

No count on the loss of life yet, but will be a couple dozen imo.

The facts are still being accumulated, but as of this moment what is known that a ship registered to Singapore collided into the central bridge support around 1:30am

This short sped of video shows the approach and the contact.
More than a few questions will arise from this, but whether accidental or deliberate, its clear the ship suddenly veers directly into the support.
Thoughts?

https://twitter.com/FarhanK_MM/status/1 ... 8732972386
Major Lonous

Re: Baltimore bridge collapses

Postby saxitoxin on Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:53 am

The Port of Baltimore is closed. Apparently this is the only way for ships to get in or out of the port.

America is -- literally -- falling apart.
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby mookiemcgee on Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:15 pm

saxitoxin wrote:The Port of Baltimore is closed. Apparently this is the only way for ships to get in or out of the port.

America is -- literally -- falling apart.

New shitcoin on Solana just dropped!

https://dexscreener.com/solana/5uaaqsty ... gbgotcljor
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby ConfederateSS on Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:55 pm

-------Good thing Maryland... Baltimore is a Democrat city,State...Biden Administration shows up licked spilt...Biden says he is on the way soon...
--------- Unlike East Palestine...Ohio... Republican city,State....Took forever for the Biden Administration to go there....It took Biden a year...
---------- I am sure it will not take Biden a year to get to Baltimore...Since they are Democrats....He should be there in a week or so....Maybe , he will have Ice Cream there tomorrow...
... O:) ConfederateSS.out!(The Blue and Silver Rebellion)... O:)
Corporal 1st Class ConfederateSS

Location: THE CONFEDERATE STATES of AMERICA and THE OLD WEST!

Postby KoolBak on Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:25 pm

You shitstain. Would you be regurgitating childish political drivel if your child / sibling / parent had been on that bridge?

Truly disgusting, yet not unexpected. So sad.
"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca

AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
Sergeant 1st Class KoolBak

Postby karel on Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:24 pm

and unlike biden say we will build it back at no cost excuse me,but the people who own that boat along with insurance company should pay for it,once again shows you biden has no balls and is weak
Corporal karel

Postby ConfederateSS on Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:57 am

-------- Really KOOL....
-------Like always, Biden started his speech...His usual self...
-------- The Governor, I could see the 1st press conference...A few hours gone by....But the second...We are still calling this a search and rescue.... Really....After 1 hour, 2 for sure...they could of called it... Started pulling the dead bodies out of the cars, they know how many cars. Where they are at... Instead of looking for 6 dead...After 10 hours, they are dead...They didn't go on the ship to look at stuff to not get in the search's way...Or do anything else but search for 6 dead...Why... Because a storm is coming tomorrow...You think they would want to call the rescue...Start with the cars , before the Sun sets...It will be a few days now, because of the storm...Now things on the ship could be lost... Could tell the Story...
-------- On the Ambassador Bridge....7 workers were blow off , one time...Right into the Detroit River....They died instantly...ALL OF THEM...4 of the bodies, were found,
2 days, 4 days, and 8 days later.... Downriver....The under tow, current...Took them twords Wyandotte, Trenton...Miles,miles, miles downriver...
-------- The 6 missing are probably already in the Atlantic Ocean...
-------- Like the Ambassador Bridge Workers...The Key Bridge Workers, know they could fall into the river...When working on the bridge.... Every time you drive over the bridge, or go through a tunnel... Anything could happen...When I would go to Windsor...I took the Tunnel Bus sometimes....But After High School, I Always took the Bridge...I would rather go off the Bridge...then Trapped in a tunnel filling with water...One time a car was blown off the Mackinaw Bridge...It landed on a ship...that just happened to be going under at the same time...
-------- Things happen....A ship hits a bridge...With the cars , there will probably be 20 dead...Why don't they just come out and say that...Stop hiding sh*t, they are the ones playing games...Bullets fly through the air , everyday in Detroit, Baltimore for that matter...Where are those press conferences.... Baltimore is one of the most deadliest cities in America...6 , 20 dead in the water...How many dead from bullets on Baltimore's streets this week...Or laying dead in the street from drug over doses...
-------- There were 5 shot dead , and 4 died in a car crash yesterday in Southwest Detroit,also a woman was killed being car jacked by an Illegal Alien...The World keeps spinning...
---------As for the rebuilding of the Key bridge...A draw bridge on Jefferson,Over the Rouge River, that allows Ford ships to go to the Detroit River...The worker controlling the draw bridge was drinking...As the ship was going through, she woke up, panicked,hit the button, the bridge came down on the ship...It took 5 years to fix the draw bridge, probably 150/200ft across, it is not 1 or 2 miles like the Ambassador Bridge,or the Key Bridge... During the time, the bridge was left open, for Ford ships, Jefferson St. Was closed both ways, find another way...

Postby riskllama on Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:50 am

KoolBak wrote:You shitstain. Would you be regurgitating childish political drivel if your child / sibling / parent had been on that bridge?

Truly disgusting, yet not unexpected. So sad.

lol, was kinda thinking the very same thing, KB. I didn't call him a shitstain, tho. karel, on the other hand... :roll:
Lieutenant riskllama

Postby KoolBak on Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:46 am

Yep. SMH.
"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca

AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
Sergeant 1st Class KoolBak

Postby ConfederateSS on Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:20 am

------What are they doing...Crying... Because of the fact...The Port is F*cked....Like Today's woke America...They are saying the supply chain is ruined....
------ They don't care about the dead,you can't be that foolish...They are worried, worrying about the Financial loss...The Rich Shipping Companies...Not the 1,000s of lives now affected...
------- A real American...Would do what...Put real answers forward...
------- When we invaded Normandy....We made make shift docks...To unload supplies...
------- The fact you can send ships to ... New York, New Jersey, Norfolk....
------- You can go one better...You can build make shift, or even More of a Temporary dock port...On the other side of the area...It will take at least 2 years to rebuild the Bridge....You can't have ships going through, why you rebuild the Bridge...
------- The Army / Navy engineers can put a make shift one quick... Build a more temporary one , by the Port / companies there now...Until the Bridge is rebuilt...
------- But they wont...You will here them cry , we need lots of money, etc.etc...As nothing gets done...The Wokesters...
------- Real American know how....Would have that port up and running in a Month...
------- Sh*t happens....You can sit on your pronouns....Or you can suck it up...Move Forward... Crying won't bring the dead back to life... That's another problem with Today's America...It is sad people died...You can't do anything about that...But you can start to put a plan Forward...The area is losing 15 million a day...
------ You are worried about 6 dead( maybe 20)....You might want to think about the Port...But more important than the shipping companies making money...The other factors....The 1,000s of Port jobs... Trucking jobs...aside from the shipping companies making millions... America/Americans are already struggling because of Biden...
------ They don't need to sink , cost of 1,000s of lives are now at stake...They can be helped.... Let's see if this Administration can see that....An actually do things , and fast...Or continue to play their woke games...

Postby Pack Rat on Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:23 am

WTF ConfederateSS?

This catastrophe killed people, cut off a vital transportation route for the Northeast and you turn this into some political hit job.

Sometimes I enjoy reading your mindless and twisted garbage you post here. But, lately you have been using Americans who have been killed, raped and otherwise hurt for some sick political advantage.

Really ConfederateSS...take a deep breathe and think before hitting the post button....and maybe a little less from the bottle

Sergeant 1st Class Pack Rat

Postby karel on Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:25 pm

think this whole thing was planned,but we will never know the truth
Corporal karel

Postby pmac666 on Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:26 pm

Time for the tinfoil again.
Colonel pmac666

Postby jusplay4fun on Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:38 pm

karel wrote:think this whole thing was planned,but we will never know the truth

I have confidence that:

1) it was basically an accident, i.e., NOT planned;

2) it was not a terroist act; and

3) the NTSB will get to to the truth of the matter.

NTSB has launched a go team to investigate the collapse of the Francis Scott Key Bridge in Baltimore. ā€‹

https://www.ntsb.gov/investigations/Pages/DCA24MM031.aspx

On a personal note, I was travelling a while back and took a ride on that Key Bridge. It was a great looking bridge. I am sorry for its damage AND especially for the lives lost. It seems most of those who are dead and presume dead are immigrants doing hard work in the middle of the night to repair the bridge. There is also a major disruption to Transportation in and out of Baltimore Harbor area.
JP4Fun

Sergeant 1st Class jusplay4fun

Postby karel on Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:16 pm

nah it was planned, that bridge went down way to fast, it was planned
Corporal karel

Postby jusplay4fun on Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:30 pm

karel wrote:nah it was planned, that bridge went down way to fast, it was planned

too fast? One of the two main supports was hit by a MASSIVE ship. And the Key Bridge, finished in 1977, does not meet current bridge criteria to withstand an impact by a ship.

And, if it were a terrorist attack, why do so at 1:30 a.m. when there is almost NO traffic (of the 30,000 or so daily users) on the Bridge? THAT makes NO Sense.

CNN
ā€”
When a container ship slammed into Baltimoreā€™s Francis Scott Key Bridge on Tuesday, it led to the disastrous collapse that left six people presumed dead and took out one of the regionā€™s key infrastructure links.

But it wasnā€™t the first time that kind of impact had happened: Four decades earlier, another container ship that also lost power hit the same bridge ā€“ and it stood strong.

The drastic difference in outcomes between the two accidents is an example of the dangers caused by the massive increase in shipping vessel size in the intervening decades. Itā€™s also raising questions about whether changes in the bridgeā€™s design could have prevented the deadly collapse.

The Bob Graham Sunshine Skyway Bridge, also known as the Sunshine Skyway Bridge or the Skyway, is a highway bridge in Tampa Bay, Florida, that crosses 29,040 feet (5.5 miles or about 8.85 km).[6] Every day, about 50,500 vehicles (cars and trucks) cross over the bridge.[7][8][9] The bridge is considered Florida's "flag bridge" (Florida's most important bridge).[10] On May 9, 1980, a freighter ship, called the MV Summit Venture, ran into one of the bridge's supporting columns. 1200 feet (366 meters) of the bridge fell into the water, and 35 people were killed.[11][12] The bridge was reconstructed to its current version in 1987.[13]

https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunshine_Skyway_Bridge

For observers who have been in shipping long enough, Wednesday's disastrous bridge collapse in Baltimore brought to mind lessons learned in 1980, when the freighter Summit Venture struck and destroyed half of Tampa's Sunshine Skyway bridge. 35 people died in that disaster, prompting a decade-long rethink of highway bridge design. The Skyway Bridge was rebuilt with a fortress of protective concrete dolphins
(...)
The Skyway Bridge's lessons-learned have been in print for a long time. They were published by NTSB in 1981 and codified by AASHTO, America's highway standards body, in 1991. The new AASHTO rules laid out protection requirements for newly-built bridges and guidance for retrofitting old structures.

https://www.maritime-executive.com/article/baltimore-bridge-collapse-revives-hard-learned-safety-lessons
JP4Fun

Postby mookiemcgee on Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:53 pm

karel wrote:nah it was planned, that bridge went down way to fast, it was planned

150,000 Tons moving at 9 miles per hour is an imperial FUCK-TON (about 2.2 Giganewtons) of force hitting bridge. enough to make it look like aluminum foil getting struck by a bowling ball.
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby jusplay4fun on Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:04 pm

mookiemcgee wrote:

150,000 Tons moving at 9 miles per hour is an imperial FUCK-TON (about 2.2 Giganewtons) of force hitting bridge. enough to make it look like aluminum foil getting struck by a bowling ball.

I think your post, Mookie, puts the situation in terms that karel can understand (although I doubt that he [and many here on CC] has a clue what a GigaNewton is.....btw: an SI unit of Force, in terms of BILLIONS of Newtons; one Newton = about 0.2248 pounds of force; and Giga = one billion)

Mookie +1
JP4Fun

Postby mookiemcgee on Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:18 pm

jusplay4fun wrote:
mookiemcgee wrote:

I think your post, Mookie, puts the situation in terms that karel can understand (although I doubt that he [and many here on CC] has a clue what a GigaNewton is.....btw: an SI unit of Force, in terms of BILLIONS of Newtons; one Newton = about 0.2248 pounds of force; and Giga = one billion)

Mookie +1

Cheers, I don't think my argument really negates the possibility of it being planned... I'm just saying 'the bridge went down to fast', is not a valid argument that the event was planned. I hate tiktok, and I really feel sick that i'm posting a tiktok link but it's a pretty convincing little video from somebody with actual experience with boats like this + engineering. This convinced me this event was likely not planned, and it's more akin to boeings problems. In some way this is far more troubling than a terror attack, or gov't conspiracy.

https://www.tiktok.com/@bnhpr/video/7350758754960346398

(To clarify before Ralf reads this, I don't hate tiktok because 'China'. I hate it because it's built to eat your mind and rip away you ability to pay attention to things that happen at 'real world pace'. It does to grown ass women and some grown ass men what video games do to teenage boys. I found this video on reddit, and it happened to be a tiktok video and that was the only way to link it here. f*ck the police )
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby ConfederateSS on Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:10 am

----No,Karel... sometimes sh*t just happens...
------ I can see them searching for people....But they could have went on the ship...How many people would that have taken...Just to see things...
------- Well, they waited...They now have gone on the ship...Of course, it is leaking, very dangerous chemicals into the water...From the containers it was carrying... Could of found out earlier...It they would of just sent a couple of people aboard the ship on day 1....They say they didn't want to disrupt the search... Really, they couldn't of spared a couple of people, really???
---------I know smart asses will say what is the difference???...Well smart asses... Because, they sent divers into water, that has deadly chemicals pouring in....When they could of checked the ship 1st....Before they ,well not just sent the 1st divers...But all the divers they have sent the past 2 days... Knowing, 2 hours after the crash...They were looking for dead bodies...Not any survivors... That's why :!: ....

Postby jusplay4fun on Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:42 am

Thanks, Mookie. I agree, based on my limited knowledge of ships and maritime matters (and agriculture, too). I think the NTSB will merely confirm what HE said.
JP4Fun

Postby Pack Rat on Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:03 pm

ConfederateSS wrote:----No,Karel... sometimes sh*t just happens...
------ I can see them searching for people....But they could have went on the ship...How many people would that have taken...Just to see things...
------- Well, they waited...They now have gone on the ship...Of course, it is leaking, very dangerous chemicals into the water...From the containers it was carrying... Could of found out earlier...It they would of just sent a couple of people aboard the ship on day 1....They say they didn't want to disrupt the search... Really, they couldn't of spared a couple of people, really???
---------I know smart asses will say what is the difference???...Well smart asses... Because, they sent divers into water, that has deadly chemicals pouring in....When they could of checked the ship 1st....Before they ,well not just sent the 1st divers...But all the divers they have sent the past 2 days... Knowing, 2 hours after the crash...They were looking for dead bodies...Not any survivors... That's why :!: ....

Golly gee ConfederateSS! We didn't know what an expert you are in marine catastrophes. Did you offer your expertise to the fake experts in shipping containers, bridges, search/rescue and recovery in DC and Baltimore?

How about giving all of us a lesson on how to get this bridge repaired in record time, as we all know what losers these so-called experts are.
Sergeant 1st Class Pack Rat

Postby mookiemcgee on Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:16 pm

Pack Rat wrote:
ConfederateSS wrote:----No,Karel... sometimes sh*t just happens...

Golly gee ConfederateSS! We didn't know what an expert you are in marine catastrophes. Did you offer your expertise to the fake experts in shipping containers, bridges, search/rescue and recovery in DC and Baltimore?

How about giving all of us a lesson on how to get this bridge repaired in record time, as we all know what losers these so-called experts are.

If Trump was prez he would have swam out there and rescued everyone by himself, but Biden can't even ride a bike without falling off.
Colonel mookiemcgee

Postby karel on Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:45 pm

this is all a set up nothing more
Corporal karel

Postby jusplay4fun on Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:08 am

karel wrote:this is all a set up nothing more

By whom and for what purpose?

You do realize this sort of thing happens once in a while, right?
JP4Fun

Next

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,