Conquer Club

Whats The Best Nation?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby DAZMCFC on Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:36 am

if the beer was only cheaper in Scandanavia. Damn. :lol:
high score:2765
high place:116
Major DAZMCFC

Postby Skittles! on Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:42 am

Titanic wrote:Scandinavian countries all have good lifestyles. I wont mind paying higher tax to recieve more public services and a smoother and happier lifestyle. However, Im happy in the UK, but I could never vote for a single country which is the "best".

Agreed.

Though, having seen that article about Australia being second best place in the world to live, I can certainly see why. Apart from the major water-shortage, life in Australia is alright.

I'd still rather live in Norway :D
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Private Skittles!

Postby Titanic on Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:57 am

Skittles! wrote:
Titanic wrote:Scandinavian countries all have good lifestyles. I wont mind paying higher tax to recieve more public services and a smoother and happier lifestyle. However, Im happy in the UK, but I could never vote for a single country which is the "best".

Agreed.

Though, having seen that article about Australia being second best place in the world to live, I can certainly see why. Apart from the major water-shortage, life in Australia is alright.

I'd still rather live in Norway :D

Australia is really nice. Went on holiday there and loved it. Its just not got enough people though, otherwise it would be truly awesome. My parents are trying to get me to move there after I finish uni so I can have a better future.
Major Titanic

Postby Skittles! on Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:59 am

Yeah.. We probably would have a bigger population if we didn't have that White Australia policy which got taken down 30 years ago.. Plus another factor is less people want babies but now with an extra baby bonus the government has introduced I'm sure Australia will see a few more orphans due to people only wanting money.

I've gone way off topic.
KraphtOne wrote:when you sign up a new account one of the check boxes should be "do you want to foe colton24 (it is highly recommended) "
Private Skittles!

Postby AlgyTaylor on Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:05 am

The nation of life, man. Borders = bollox
Corporal AlgyTaylor

Postby btownmeggy on Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:42 am

Titanic wrote: My parents are trying to get me to move there after I finish uni so I can have a better future.

:lol:
Corporal btownmeggy

Postby Norse on Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:44 am

Got my VISA secured.

Going over to OZ on the 1st of march 2008...WOOHOO!

Britain can kiss my fucking ass.
b.k. barunt wrote:Snorri's like one of those fufu dogs who get all excited and dance around pissing on themself.

suggs wrote:scared off by all the pervs and wankers already? No? Then let me introduce myself, I'm Mr Pervy Wank.
Corporal 1st Class Norse

Postby tzor on Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:33 am

The Best Nation? Terry of course. (Wait that's the wrong question.)
Cadet tzor

Postby joecoolfrog on Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:52 am

Anybody voting for their own country,especially those that have barely travelled, are simply making a statement about their narrow minded way of thinking. Its a difficult question to answer in truth because prosperity does not always equal contentment, my generation is certainly materially better off than my parents generation but I would very much doubt we were happier. Scandinavia for example is often held up as a role model yet the suicide rates are amongst the highest in the World,perhaps its eating all that reindeer meat and herring or perhaps the price of beer that tips them over the edge. Parts of Asia by contrast are desperately poor but the people are hospitable,generous and friendly in a way that seems to be lacking now in the Western World.
Brigadier joecoolfrog

Postby Minister Masket on Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:55 am

Cambodia. No-one knows where it is! :lol:
Victrix Fortuna Sapientia

Private Minister Masket

Postby mr. incrediball on Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:59 am

joecoolfrog wrote:Anybody voting for their own country,especially those that have barely travelled, are simply making a statement about their narrow minded way of thinking. Its a difficult question to answer in truth because prosperity does not always equal contentment, my generation is certainly materially better off than my parents generation but I would very much doubt we were happier. Scandinavia for example is often held up as a role model yet the suicide rates are amongst the highest in the World,perhaps its eating all that reindeer meat and herring or perhaps the price of beer that tips them over the edge. Parts of Asia by contrast are desperately poor but the people are hospitable,generous and friendly in a way that seems to be lacking now in the Western World.

what if we were voting for our own country because us being in it makes it good?
darvlay wrote:Get over it, people. It's just a crazy lookin' bear ejaculating into the waiting maw of an eager fox. Nothing more.
Cook mr. incrediball

Postby joecoolfrog on Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:04 am

Minister Masket wrote:Cambodia. No-one knows where it is! :lol:

Well George Bush certainly doesnt seem to know where it is :?
Been there and going back next year,lovely people but desperately poor.
Brigadier joecoolfrog

Postby Titanic on Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:09 am

mr. incrediball wrote:
joecoolfrog wrote:Anybody voting for their own country,especially those that have barely travelled, are simply making a statement about their narrow minded way of thinking. Its a difficult question to answer in truth because prosperity does not always equal contentment, my generation is certainly materially better off than my parents generation but I would very much doubt we were happier. Scandinavia for example is often held up as a role model yet the suicide rates are amongst the highest in the World,perhaps its eating all that reindeer meat and herring or perhaps the price of beer that tips them over the edge. Parts of Asia by contrast are desperately poor but the people are hospitable,generous and friendly in a way that seems to be lacking now in the Western World.

what if we were voting for our own country because us being in it makes it good?

That would make you fairly ego-centric.
Major Titanic

Postby Arbustos on Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:18 am

Who doesn't? It's such a prominent country. :wink:
Sergeant 1st Class Arbustos

Postby ignotus on Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:03 pm

Virgin Islands! (4 their name) :lol:
Lieutenant ignotus

Postby legendkiller717 on Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:10 pm

switzerland....cuz they got it right..sit back, mind your own business and collect everyones money

that or china....i've hit ebay a few times to find some language tapes..just to be prepared

and italy is beautiful
Private legendkiller717

Postby GreecePwns on Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:11 pm

spurgistan wrote:Colbert Nation.
QFT (T for Truthiness, as the Mighty Steven Colbery would say)
Chariot of Fire wrote:As for GreecePwns.....yeah, what? A massive debt. Get a job you slacker.

Viceroy wrote:[The Biblical creation story] was written in a time when there was no way to confirm this fact and is in fact a statement of the facts.
Corporal GreecePwns

Postby Gypsys Kiss on Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:31 pm

joecoolfrog wrote:Anybody voting for their own country,especially those that have barely travelled

what do you mean?????????

i went over the otherside of the hill last week. it was like a foreign counrty.

at the moment i would say oz, but after the 1st of march 2008 it will be the UK :lol:
Sergeant Gypsys Kiss

Postby Skittles! on Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:56 pm

I do, I do!
Private Skittles!

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,