Conquer Club

The Future

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby Minister Masket on Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:20 pm

got tonkaed wrote:
Minister Masket wrote:
got tonkaed wrote:
Minister Masket wrote:
The1exile wrote:I would not want to be remembered. Obscurity is a powerful ability if you use it well.

Ouch. You would prefer to be wiped off the face of history? Never to be remembered? Abilities are useless when you're dead.

so is being remembered once your dead....its not like you will care about what people will have thought of you.

How do you know what the after-life is like?

i guess im just drawing on the fact that through all of human experience we dont really have conclusive proof theres anything after this life, thats all.

But you would like there to be. For instance: forever exploring the Universe, or watching down on Earth.
Victrix Fortuna Sapientia

Private Minister Masket

Postby got tonkaed on Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:23 pm

Minister Masket wrote:
got tonkaed wrote:
Minister Masket wrote:
got tonkaed wrote:
Minister Masket wrote:
The1exile wrote:I would not want to be remembered. Obscurity is a powerful ability if you use it well.

Ouch. You would prefer to be wiped off the face of history? Never to be remembered? Abilities are useless when you're dead.

so is being remembered once your dead....its not like you will care about what people will have thought of you.

How do you know what the after-life is like?

i guess im just drawing on the fact that through all of human experience we dont really have conclusive proof theres anything after this life, thats all.

But you would like there to be. For instance: forever exploring the Universe, or watching down on Earth.

the idea doesnt really appeal all that much. To me, anyone who has needed some sense of eternity to validate their life is the type of person who just has an inability to find closure. If there is such a thing, i suppose it would be nice, but we shouldnt need such a thing.
Cadet got tonkaed

Postby mr. incrediball on Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:27 pm

NESconqueror wrote:I would enjoy being remembered, but being hitler like is not too good.
Oh well, better to be a NES hitler than a mystery forever.

when cc becomes a religion, you can be the devil :wink:
darvlay wrote:Get over it, people. It's just a crazy lookin' bear ejaculating into the waiting maw of an eager fox. Nothing more.
Cook mr. incrediball

Postby unriggable on Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:27 pm

mr. incrediball wrote:
NESconqueror wrote:I would enjoy being remembered, but being hitler like is not too good.

Dibs on God.
Cook unriggable

Postby mr. incrediball on Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:28 pm

unriggable wrote:
mr. incrediball wrote:

Dibs on God.

*bitch slaps unriggable*

lack is god, bizzatch!
darvlay wrote:Get over it, people. It's just a crazy lookin' bear ejaculating into the waiting maw of an eager fox. Nothing more.
Cook mr. incrediball

Postby Frigidus on Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:32 pm

The1exile wrote:
got tonkaed wrote:
Minister Masket wrote:

And that, I think, is a perfect reason to prefer obscurity over infamy. Anyon wanting to be the next hitler to be remembered is simply creating pain and misery to bring to the world for an ego trip that won't matter to them when they die.

Why bother?

Kick back in front of a fire, smoke a joint,relax, and enjoy life. Being remembered will do nothing for ya.

Very true, it's more important to enjoy life than to be remembered afterwards. If you end up being remembered on the side, good for you, but it shouldn't be your primary goal.
Sergeant Frigidus

Postby Minister Masket on Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:36 pm

Frigidus wrote:
The1exile wrote:
got tonkaed wrote:
Minister Masket wrote:

And that, I think, is a perfect reason to prefer obscurity over infamy. Anyon wanting to be the next hitler to be remembered is simply creating pain and misery to bring to the world for an ego trip that won't matter to them when they die.

Why bother?

Kick back in front of a fire, smoke a joint,relax, and enjoy life. Being remembered will do nothing for ya.

Very true, it's more important to enjoy life than to be remembered afterwards. If you end up being remembered on the side, good for you, but it shouldn't be your primary goal.

I disagree. A rememberance of you can go on for much longer than your average lifetime. Why not combine the two?
Be remembered by having an interesting life! Change the world!
Victrix Fortuna Sapientia

Private Minister Masket

Postby borox0 on Wed Oct 24, 2007 11:55 pm

I would like to be remembered as the person who doesn't give a shit
I'm pretty sure there's a lot more to life than being really, really, ridiculously good looking. And I plan on finding out what that is.
Cadet borox0

Postby Iliad on Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:04 am

borox0 wrote:I would like to be remembered as the person who doesn't give a shit

Remember that we don't give a shit about you
Private 1st Class Iliad

Postby strike wolf on Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:06 am

I plan on becoming the dumbest U.S. president since Bush.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby Iliad on Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:07 am

strike wolf wrote:I plan on becoming the dumbest U.S. president since Bush.

It's important to be ambitious but sometimes your goals are just impossible
Private 1st Class Iliad

Postby unriggable on Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:50 am

strike wolf wrote:I plan on becoming the dumbest U.S. president since Bush.

That could be the hardest thing you've had to do. Not because you're smart either.
Cook unriggable

Postby Titanic on Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:29 am

I dont care if I am remembered to be honest, Im dead so it dusn effect me does it. I'll rather just have a happy and peaceful life and not be remembered, then a hectic and stressful life and be remembered.
Major Titanic

Postby Norse on Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:03 pm

Minister Masket wrote:
Norse wrote:
jnd94 wrote:well, not literally a dictator that kills millions, but rather than someone remembered in a good way.

lmao...like a filthy self-serving pig, that introduces large tax rises, drinks half the budget and shags the secretary?

Sounds good.

Gordan Brown?

I suppose a mix between gordon brown, and "2 jags johnny" Prescott.

Now DC....there's a man I can admire...and Boris J.
Corporal 1st Class Norse

Postby muy_thaiguy on Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:27 pm

Oh, probably take over the world with a massive army. Promoting those that have proven themselves in charge of territories. You know, same old same old.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

What, you expected something deep or flashy?
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,