Conquer Club

Need to get this out somewhere..

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Need to get this out somewhere..

Postby freezie on Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:03 pm

[vent]WHY IN THE WORLD HAS THE WORLD GAVE US THE ABILITY TO BE DEPRESSED?!?!?!

Come on..Why couldn't it be simple and have everyone happy, no sadness, no urge to hit a wall, no depression...

Really...Why is life so harsh to those who keep the world alive?! ( well, beside the fact some of us degrades the world, that is.)

Couldn't we all be happy? Why have we been borned with emotions like sadness and anger.

Geez...Whoever invented those need a good kick in the behind.

[/vent]
Corporal 1st Class freezie

Re: Need to get this out somewhere..

Postby Anarkistsdream on Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:04 pm

freezie wrote:[vent]WHY IN THE WORLD HAS THE WORLD GAVE US THE ABILITY TO BE DEPRESSED?!?!?!

Come on..Why couldn't it be simple and have everyone happy, no sadness, no urge to hit a wall, no depression...

Really...Why is life so harsh to those who keep the world alive?! ( well, beside the fact some of us degrades the world, that is.)

Couldn't we all be happy? Why have we been borned with emotions like sadness and anger.

[/vent]

if there was no sadness, how would you know what happiness is?
virus90 wrote: I think Anarkist is a valuable asset to any game.
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby 2dimes on Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:05 pm

Aww that's so sad. :(
Corporal 2dimes

Postby Frigidus on Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:06 pm

Anarkistsdream wrote:
freezie wrote:[vent]WHY IN THE WORLD HAS THE WORLD GAVE US THE ABILITY TO BE DEPRESSED?!?!?!

[/vent]

If I was so happy that I couldn't understand the concept of happiness or sadness it would be could day.
Sergeant Frigidus

Postby freezie on Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:06 pm

Anarkistsdream wrote:

[/vent]

Humans are the only beeing able to laugh.

Beeing there is many levels of Happiness..Why would we need sadness.

Postby Dancing Mustard on Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:09 pm

Freezie wrote:Need to get this out somewhere..

I said that in a bar last night, but I got thrown out ten minutes later.

I'd watch out for the banhammer if I were you...
Wayne wrote:Wow, with a voice like that Dancing Mustard must get all the babes!

Garth wrote:Yeah, I bet he's totally studly and buff.
Corporal Dancing Mustard

Postby Anarkistsdream on Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:10 pm

freezie wrote:
Anarkistsdream wrote:

[/vent]

Humans are the only beeing able to laugh.

Beeing there is many levels of Happiness..Why would we need sadness.

Just because we are the only beings that can laugh doesn't mean we are the only ones who feel joy...

Plus, that doesn't help your case in any way.

Freezie... Everyone gets sad. In this day and age, I think that
1) due to the amount of medical research done
2) the fact that it is not TABOO anymore to be sad or gay or psychotic
3) all the liberal ponces that feel pity for every living thing

it has become 'cool' to be sad... Hence EMO.

Now, for those people who are truly depressed, it means that you feel a higher amount of sadness due to your body chemistry...

However, those of us that feel the most pain are also capable of feeling the most happiness.

trust me, it took me until I was 26 to find ANY happiness... And I feel it more than normal people do.

It's okay... Everyones time will come.
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby Anarkistsdream on Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:11 pm

Frigidus wrote:
Anarkistsdream wrote:

[/vent]

If I was so happy that I couldn't understand the concept of happiness or sadness it would be could day.

That would not be happiness... That would be stupidity or ignorance.
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby The1exile on Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:11 pm

Anarkistsdream wrote:if there was no sadness, how would you know what happiness is?

You don't need no sadness. Just less.

As it is, people remember the bad times more than the good (see dice threads). Why can't people naturally be happy that thorns have roses, rather than sad that roses have thorns?
Lieutenant The1exile

Postby freezie on Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:14 pm

Well..Yes I agree, we need all the emotions we have as we speak.

But exactly why do we need to get mad at about everything single things? In earlier times, I beleive people were generally happier than today.

Since life was twice as simpler in the medieval times. And I won't say about before that.

Postby Anarkistsdream on Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:16 pm

freezie wrote:Well..Yes I agree, we need all the emotions we have as we speak.

But exactly why do we need to get mad at about everything single things? In earlier times, I beleive people were generally happier than today.

Since life was twice as simpler in the medieval times. And I won't say about before that.

They weren't happier! You were constantly worried about being attacked by neighboring kingdoms... And if you were a serf- as most people were- you were FUCKED!

Not to mention, you had no time to do anything "fun", there was no technology, medicine, air conditioners, heaters, music was something that hardly anyone ever got to hear... And, if you had an instrument, it was nearly impossible to take care of.
Cook Anarkistsdream

Postby Snorri1234 on Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:45 pm

Well, since the purpose of our life is to have as much sex as possible (from a biological viewpoint), and that happiness is something we want all the time, it's only reasonable to make sex the most happiest thing you can have. I bet you've never felt very depressed during sex, so sex is the only reasonable option.

And if we were happy all the time, we wouldn't need sex to be happy, so we would have less sex, which isn't very good for the survival of our species.
Private Snorri1234

Postby Gold Knight on Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:52 pm

Anarkistsdream wrote:it has become 'cool' to be sad... Hence EMO.

Since when have emos been cool? :?
xxtig12683xx wrote:yea, my fav part was being in the sewer riding a surfboard and wacking these alien creatures.

shit was badass
Captain Gold Knight

Postby Dancing Mustard on Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:54 pm

I am totally pissed that nobody has posted a pic yet...
Wayne wrote:Wow, with a voice like that Dancing Mustard must get all the babes!

Garth wrote:Yeah, I bet he's totally studly and buff.
Corporal Dancing Mustard

Postby The1exile on Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:55 pm

Gold Knight wrote:
Anarkistsdream wrote:it has become 'cool' to be sad... Hence EMO.

Since when have emos been cool? :?

Maybe 9 months ago all the best gigs were emo ones simply because you could get off with the emos so easily.

good times, good times.
Lieutenant The1exile

Postby Frigidus on Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:32 pm

Anarkistsdream wrote:
Frigidus wrote:
Anarkistsdream wrote:

[/vent]

That would not be
happiness... That would be stupidity or ignorance.

I'm sure you've heard the quote 'ignorance is bliss'? When I am very, very happy I don't stop to contrast my happiness with a low point in my life, I'm just happy. It's similar to saying that you don't understand what sadness is because your <insert family member, friend, lover, etc.> hasn't died. I'm not arguing that it's realistic, but I personally think that perpetual happiness, even without other points of view, would be amazing.
Sergeant Frigidus

Postby static_ice on Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:44 pm

anarkist got it right in the first reply. end of story.
R.I.P. Chef
Sergeant static_ice

Postby kalishnikov on Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:50 pm

As pointed out already, my friend, it's all about the Yin and the Yang. Without the balance between both, neither exist.

Emotions are a game, as much of life is, at finding a balance between what is relevant and what is fiction. Human nature be, we tend to acknowledge the good over the bad. The bad times stick out like a red flag while the good times fade away unnoticed because for some stupid reason, us humans believe we have a right to happiness.

In order for it to be hot outside today, you most have experienced the cold to know what hot feels like. My weak analogy makin any sense?

To know the light, you must first enter the darkness and all that jazz.

All we can do is make the best of it, live life with no regrets and do what you want, when you want. Eventually everything blows over, especially but not limited to depression.
Sergeant 1st Class kalishnikov

Postby -ShadySoul- on Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:50 pm

[/vent]

ask god
he knows the answer
Sergeant 1st Class -ShadySoul-

Postby freezie on Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:03 am

-ShadySoul- wrote:

[/vent]

ask god
he knows the answer

I am not religious, and religion is behind the fact I was about to smash my walls earlier :wink:

Postby -ShadySoul- on Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:07 am

freezie wrote:
-ShadySoul- wrote:

[/vent]

ask god
he knows the answer

I am not religious, and religion is behind the fact I was about to smash my walls earlier :wink:

You are possed by the evil spirit.
You should pray that the God wont touch you, the Son won't steal from you, and the holy spirit wont haunt you.

Amen.
Sergeant 1st Class -ShadySoul-

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,