Conquer Club

Mydropbox.com is the devil

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Mydropbox.com is the devil

Postby Risktaker17 on Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:23 am

For all of our students on CC I'm sure most have heard of this site. I just worked 8 straight hours to finish English stuff. Finishing by midnight is the dumbest thing ever. I HATE MY DROPBOX!
Highest place: 40 1/17/08
Highest point total: 2773 1/17/08
Top Poster Position: 97th
Captain Risktaker17

Postby Fircoal on Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:54 am

I haven't, but I'd hate it to. It's 12:54 here, and I'm still have hw to do. :lol:
Vote: Mandy
Eddie35: hi everyone
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
Skoffin wrote: So um.. er... I'll be honest, I don't know what the f*ck to do from here. Goddamnit chu.
Captain Fircoal

Postby MeDeFe on Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:51 am

I haven't heard about that site, what does it do?
Major MeDeFe

Location: Follow the trail of holes in other people's arguments.

Postby unriggable on Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:19 am

MeDeFe wrote:I haven't heard about that site, what does it do?

Apparently so you don't have any excuse if your printer doesn't work, you have to 'drop' your essays and such there to hand it in and they go to your teachers email or something. Unfortunately there is a time limit - if you hand it in past midnight you're fucked.
Cook unriggable

Postby btownmeggy on Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:10 pm

unriggable wrote:
MeDeFe wrote:I haven't heard about that site, what does it do?

Apparently so you don't have any excuse if your printer doesn't work, you have to 'drop' your essays and such there to hand it in and they go to your teachers email or something. Unfortunately there is a time limit - if you hand it in past midnight you're fucked.

Oooh! I'd never heard of this, but I like the sound of it!! But what does the "f*ck" entail? Is it up to the teacher's discretion?
Corporal btownmeggy

Postby jm_jazzman on Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:34 pm

I must be missing something... why would teachers bother to set that up instead of just letting students e-mail their stuff in directly?
Corporal jm_jazzman

Postby Guiscard on Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:53 pm

Because it provides a centralised folder with all the class essays in. They can be printed as a group, you have an automatic check of who has and who hasn't handed something in. They're also all in one place and can then be run through plagiarism searches and the like to check if any portions of the essay have been handed in before, are on google, have been handed in to the site at another uni etc. etc.

We use the same thing here, but its submit.ac.uk... Its a good system
qwert wrote:Can i ask you something?What is porpose for you to open these Political topic in ConquerClub? Why you mix politic with Risk? Why you not open topic like HOT AND SEXY,or something like that.
Private 1st Class Guiscard

Postby jm_jazzman on Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:06 pm

Ah, well thank you.

It sounds like a good idea for teachers and a whole lot of "not fun" for students. :P
Corporal jm_jazzman

Postby Guiscard on Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:07 pm

jm_jazzman wrote:Ah, well thank you.

It sounds like a good idea for teachers and a whole lot of "not fun" for students. :P

I found it useful as a student too. Saved the bus ride into uni on a friday just to hand in an essay. This way you can write it and submit it straight away and forget.
qwert wrote:Can i ask you something?What is porpose for you to open these Political topic in ConquerClub? Why you mix politic with Risk? Why you not open topic like HOT AND SEXY,or something like that.

Postby Fircoal on Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:09 pm

actually I wouldn't mind for most of it, as long as it followed the "has to be turned in by the start of the period thing." In fact, I think it could be better, just that for my lifestyle, I need the hours after midnight, as I procrastinate that much. Stupid distractions.
Serbia: YOU IDIOT! What is THAT supposed to be? Are you even TRYING to play this game?! Kill the idiot NOW please!
Skoffin wrote: So um.. er... I'll be honest, I don't know what the f*ck to do from here. Goddamnit chu.
Captain Fircoal

Postby Guiscard on Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:11 pm

Fircoal wrote:

actually I wouldn't mind for most of it, as long as it followed the "has to be turned in by the start of the period thing." In fact, I think it could be better, just that for my lifestyle, I need the hours after midnight, as I procrastinate that much. Stupid distractions.

Shouldn't you have been writing it last night then?

Postby got tonkaed on Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:12 pm

if they gave out college credit for all the times i should have done something earlier than i actually did do it, i would have graduated in less than 2 semesters.
Cadet got tonkaed

Postby Guiscard on Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:15 pm

got tonkaed wrote:if they gave out college credit for all the times i should have done something earlier than i actually did do it, i would have graduated in less than 2 semesters.

Oh yeh. My degree lived off of the night before with eight red bulls. But if I had to submit at 12pm it would the the night before that.

Postby got tonkaed on Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:15 pm

Guiscard wrote:
got tonkaed wrote:if they gave out college credit for all the times i should have done something earlier than i actually did do it, i would have graduated in less than 2 semesters.

Oh yeh. My degree lived off of the night before with eight red bulls. But if I had to submit at 12pm it would the the night before that.

this is true, you do kinda just play by whatever the rules end up being. or at least you learn to.
Cadet got tonkaed

Postby Fircoal on Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:17 pm

Guiscard wrote:
Fircoal wrote:

Shouldn't you have been writing it last night then?

I was. :lol:
Captain Fircoal

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,