Conquer Club

Bill O'Reilly

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Why is Bill O'Reilly always mad?

Total votes : 0

Bill O'Reilly

Postby DaGip on Sun Jan 20, 2008 5:59 am

I used to be a big Bill O' fan, now since my support for the war has waned, I can't help to see what a ridiculous quasi-reporter and journalist he is. In this clip, he brings in a former Army Colonel turned peace activist to discuss the British Troops being abducted by Iran.

Speculation is still out whether or not these soldiers were in international waters or Iranian waters, but from what I can see, Iran treated them okay, and they always looked like they were in good spirits. Plus, Iran let them go, did they not?

Yet, Bill goes on trying to spin the situation to seem like Iran is evil for taking these soldiers hostage and when the Colonel (who clearly does not condone the situation in anyway) compares the use of public images as morally wrong by Iran as well as the United States...Bill gets pissed and starts shouting and points his finger. Can't this guy just take a chill pill and do some real journalism? Why does he get so angry? And then, when Bill finally pisses the Colonel off towards the end, she simply and politely asks Bill if he had ever served in the military...then Bill turns her microphone off and that's it. Real mature there, Billy boy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ulm9Tow ... re=related
Army of GOD wrote:This thread is now about my large penis
Sergeant 1st Class DaGip

Postby Neutrino on Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:31 am

I am firmly Pro-Yeast Infection...

That said, as far as I can tell he's just the standard controversial talkshow host. Find a subsection of the population who agree with your views and stick with them. Never budge one little bit on anything, no matter how rediculous it makes you seem to people who don't subscribe to your dogma, until a majority of the people who make up your target audience do.l
We own all your helmets, we own all your shoes, we own all your generals. Touch us and you loooose...

The Rogue State!
Corporal Neutrino

Postby Fieryo on Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:28 am

You didn't have "Because he's a bastard" as an option. So whiskey it is.
...where I'm from, we believe all sorts of things that aren't true. We call it -- "history"
Major Fieryo

Postby ParadiceCity9 on Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:56 am

bill o'reilly had a good intro on this one south park episode. the goobacks episode, season 8.
Corporal 1st Class ParadiceCity9

Postby DaGip on Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:46 pm

Fieryo wrote:You didn't have "Because he's a bastard" as an option. So whiskey it is.

Is it Whiskey or Whisky...I always forget! Isn't Scotch called Whiskey? I think Irish it is Whisky. Does anyone know for sure?
Sergeant 1st Class DaGip

Postby radiojake on Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:54 pm

DaGip wrote:
Fieryo wrote:You didn't have "Because he's a bastard" as an option. So whiskey it is.

Is it Whiskey or Whisky...I always forget! Isn't Scotch called Whiskey? I think Irish it is Whisky. Does anyone know for sure?

whiskey is Irish, scotch is Scottish

- learnt the hard way once, my Irish friend was drinking Jameson and I called it scotch - he didn't like that too much -

Also, Bill O'reilly is clearly a wanker, but we always knew that, right?
-- share what ya got --
Sergeant 1st Class radiojake

Postby DaGip on Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:35 am

radiojake wrote:
DaGip wrote:

whiskey is Irish, scotch is Scottish

- learnt the hard way once, my Irish friend was drinking Jameson and I called it scotch - he didn't like that too much -

Also, Bill O'reilly is clearly a wanker, but we always knew that, right?

I know Scotch is Scotch, but it is also called Scotch Whiskey, i believe...it is identified by the letter "e" in WhiskEy...but the Irish have to call it Whisky without the letter "e". That's what I heard, anyway.
Sergeant 1st Class DaGip

Postby unriggable on Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:16 am

I thought Whiskey was an oriental drink? Maybe it was hijacked.
Cook unriggable

Postby muy_thaiguy on Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:19 am

unriggable wrote:I thought Whiskey was an oriental drink? Maybe it was hijacked.
No, I think it was from the British Isles originally.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

What, you expected something deep or flashy?
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Postby DaGip on Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:48 am

muy_thaiguy wrote:
unriggable wrote:I thought Whiskey was an oriental drink? Maybe it was hijacked.
No, I think it was from the British Isles originally.

Don't the Brits call it Dragon's Piss?
Sergeant 1st Class DaGip

Postby jay_a2j on Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:16 am

You won't find fault with him if you think like him. And I used to. But now I think for myself ignoring the media mind control and see that Bill is not a good journalist. If he disagrees with you, YOU are in the wrong, he is never. That woman made solid points to which Bill could not respond so he had to turn it around (as he accused her of doing) to try and make her look bad... "blame America"...well yes are you insinuating that America is incapable of wrong doing? The show is where "The spin starts here". Give me a break.
THE DEBATE IS OVER...
PLAYER57832 wrote:Too many of those who claim they don't believe global warming are really "end-timer" Christians.

JESUS SAVES!!!
Lieutenant jay_a2j

Postby Symmetry on Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:44 am

Wrong way round.

Whiskey with an extra "e" is Irish. Whisky without the extra "e" is the standard spelling. If it has the extra "e", then it's Irish. Without the "e", if it's from Scotland it should be called "Scotch", although "whisky" is also OK.

There's no such thing as Scotch whiskey.

After all, if you drink whisky and want to be respected then you shouldn't have to make the point. The rest, my friend, is bourbon or an imitation.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby heavycola on Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:14 am

Symmetry wrote:Wrong way round.

Whiskey with an extra "e" is Irish. Whisky without the extra "e" is the standard spelling. If it has the extra "e", then it's Irish. Without the "e", if it's from Scotland it should be called "Scotch", although "whisky" is also OK.

There's no such thing as Scotch whiskey.

After all, if you drink whisky and want to be respected then you shouldn't have to make the point. The rest, my friend, is bourbon or an imitation.

whisky with an e (or two) generally spells a rather good night in the offing.
Corporal 1st Class heavycola

Postby unriggable on Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:43 am

Symmetry wrote:There's no such thing as Scotch whiskey.

I'm pretty sure the word Scotch is short for scottish, by name there is no scotch whiskey but in fact all scotch is a whiskey offshoot.
Cook unriggable

Postby DaGip on Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:22 pm

You don't want to be HERE when Bill O' is drinkin'! Especially if you are Keith Olbermann...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4wYxykVPqo&NR=1
Sergeant 1st Class DaGip

Postby HayesA on Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:49 pm

Billo seems to not know how to shut his yap, so to speak.

I, personally, cant stand his "type" of news. It isn't news at all; editorials are not news; they're opinion. His opinion seems to be biased, bigotried, and based on his limited knowledge of the subject. I don't watch FoxNews because it's not news. Granted, CNN can be just as bad at times. I perfer my news from NPR if I can help it.
Sergeant HayesA

Postby DaGip on Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:52 pm

HayesA wrote:Billo seems to not know how to shut his yap, so to speak.

I, personally, cant stand his "type" of news. It isn't news at all; editorials are not news; they're opinion. His opinion seems to be biased, bigotried, and based on his limited knowledge of the subject. I don't watch FoxNews because it's not news. Granted, CNN can be just as bad at times. I perfer my news from NPR if I can help it.

I prefer my news from Norse:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6lHm1jhYV0
Sergeant 1st Class DaGip

Postby unriggable on Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:52 pm

I find the most unbiased is BBC.
Cook unriggable

Postby DaGip on Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:03 pm

unriggable wrote:

BBC is good...Chinese news is alright as well. We used to have an International News network that had really good news and stories...then, for some reason, the cable company got rid of it. My dad thinks it was a conspiracy, and that the people in power didn't want us watching that type of news anymore.

I watch a little CNN, not too much though (you have to treat your media intake like watching your diet!), FoxNews in very little portions (maybe once a week or so, then you always feel guilty afterwards), and MSNBC whenever Keith Olbermann is bashing President Bush!
Sergeant 1st Class DaGip

Postby HayesA on Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:02 pm

unriggable wrote:

Yeah, the BBC is pretty good. Although we/I don't get it here in Pennsylvania with our Comcast cable. I read BBC on the web from time to time when i'm directed there by either Digg, or a friend.
Sergeant HayesA

Postby MeDeFe on Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:46 pm

Consider this my contribution to an otherwise intelleegent konversation.
saxitoxin wrote:Your position is more complex than the federal tax code. As soon as I think I understand it, I find another index of cross-references, exceptions and amendments I have to apply.
Timminz wrote:Yo mama is so classless, she could be a Marxist utopia.
Major MeDeFe

Location: Follow the trail of holes in other people's arguments.

Postby Stymie on Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:46 pm

Whisky- is Scottish and Whiskey- Irish
Corporal Stymie

Postby Snorri1234 on Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:49 pm

MeDeFe wrote:Image

Awesome.
"Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate uphill."

Duane: You know what they say about love and war.
Tim: Yes, one involves a lot of physical and psychological pain, and the other one's war.
Private Snorri1234

Postby DaGip on Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:39 am

Snorri1234 wrote:
MeDeFe wrote:Image

Awesome.

ImageImage

I always thought Bill O' and Senator Palpatine always looked similar... :roll:
Sergeant 1st Class DaGip

Postby Symmetry on Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:57 am

unriggable wrote:
Symmetry wrote:There's no such thing as Scotch whiskey.

I'm pretty sure the word Scotch is short for scottish, by name there is no scotch whiskey but in fact all scotch is a whiskey offshoot.

Nah- it's a spelling thing. Scottish stuff is whisky , Irish stuff is whiskey. If you get a bottle that says "Scottish Whiskey", chances are it's not Scottish. There might be one or two exceptions that I don't know about though.

The standard spelling is "whisky", and if you see the "e", think "Éire".
Sergeant Symmetry

Next

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,