Conquer Club

LOL @ Patriots!

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby Iz Man on Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:27 pm

Gotta love it.

Bob Craft went and bought all those extra cars for the bandwagon....

now what?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world."
-Kaiser Wilhelm II
Lieutenant Iz Man

Postby Caleb the Cruel on Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:32 pm

VICTORY!
Corporal 1st Class Caleb the Cruel

Postby d.gishman on Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:32 pm

Biggest upset in NFL history?

Man, the giants defense was good
Sergeant 1st Class d.gishman

Postby misterman10 on Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:35 pm

d.gishman wrote:Biggest upset in NFL history?

Man, the giants defense was good
Possibly. Definitely the most hilarious upset for all the Patriots "fans".

Maybe next time they'll follow the rest of the league and put #21 on their helmets for Sean Taylor.

Pleasant Chaps still suck cock.

Yakuza power.
Major misterman10

Postby MR. Nate on Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:42 pm

d.gishman wrote:Biggest upset in NFL history?

nope, just the most over hyped team in NFL history losing.
AAFitz wrote:There will always be cheaters, abusive players, terrible players, and worse. But we have every right to crush them.
MeDeFe wrote:This is a forum on the internet, what do you expect?

End the Flame Wars.
Corporal MR. Nate

Postby SolidLuigi on Sun Feb 03, 2008 11:48 pm

my Dolphins are still the only perfect season team, woot
Private SolidLuigi

Postby DaGip on Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:06 am

SolidLuigi wrote:my Dolphins are still the only perfect season team, woot

Larry Csonka...hehe! My SecondCousin traded him off because my GreatUncle told him to while they were catfishing in SouthDakota...true story!

But yeah, the Dolphins still Rule! My Older Brother is still a Dolphins fan...my SecondCousin was Joe Robbie, BTW!
Army of GOD wrote:This thread is now about my large penis
Sergeant 1st Class DaGip

Postby riggable on Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:19 am

I'm so sad. I had a feeling the patriots couldn't stand up to the pressure. but still, to the Giants? I wish we lost to at least a respectable team like the packers or the cowboys, but not to a team with a pussy-qb, a steroid-addict lineman, a fucking dumbass in plaxico, and a bunch of shitty wide recievers. The giants have been a fucking pathetic team. The one dangerous person on their team, the one person on their team who I respect, jeremy shockey, wasn't even playing! Patriots just played like crap induce crap ontop of crap with shit sprinkled on top.

oh, by the by, did you guys see how often the broadcast would pan over to Peyton, watching the game, BY HIMSELF? it was hilarious, and wonderful. I hate peyton only slightly less than i hate the weak, pussy-footing eli manning.
Sergeant riggable

Postby lord voldemort on Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:24 am

it was so tight til the last quarter. the giants defence almost ran out of steam. they were so tight all game
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby cazmart on Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:26 am

Great game but does anyone else think a Defensive player should have been MVP - Eli was good - but damn that defense shut down the most prolific scoring offense in league history :?:
Sergeant 1st Class cazmart

Postby spurgistan on Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:30 am

That one wacky pass by Manning to Tyree really took the wind out of the Pats, they had just scored to go up, and suddenly, despite playing nearly perfect D, and basically breaking that play wide open, Eli got incredibly lucky.

As bad as it hurts, going to be good to shake up the bandwagon a bit.
Mr_Adams wrote:You, sir, are an idiot.

Timminz wrote:By that logic, you eat babies.
Sergeant spurgistan

Postby luns101 on Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:37 am

Yeah, they should take the Giants out to dinner or something for maintaining their status.

Everybody say 18 - 1
Major luns101

Postby autoload on Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:47 am

cazmart wrote:Great game but does anyone else think a Defensive player should have been MVP - Eli was good - but damn that defense shut down the most prolific scoring offense in league history :?:

I agree with you 100%
Major autoload

Postby spurgistan on Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:50 am

Still an undefeated regular season. Sure they were overrated, but you can't say they didn't dominate during the regular season.

Oh, congrats to the Giants.
Mr_Adams wrote:You, sir, are an idiot.

Timminz wrote:By that logic, you eat babies.
Sergeant spurgistan

Postby DaGip on Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:59 am

luns101 wrote:

Yeah, they should take the Giants out to dinner or something for maintaining their status.

Everybody say 18 - 1

18 - 1

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Sergeant 1st Class DaGip

Postby Roger Dodger on Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:48 am

Tom Brady did eat alot of dirt though. you could see it in the patriots faces they thought they had it in the bag. only to get their butts handed to them by my beloved Giants.

i do have to say that the Giant strategy was on the money keep Brady down & the Patriots have no chances of winning.

Everybody, i mean everybody were already counting the Patriots with high touch downs and watching the Giants get embarassed. even the commentators til almost the bitter end were counting on the Patriots to win big and break the record for an all win season.

Long Live the NY Giants. CHAMPIONS.

patriots were a bit pissy at the end.

they said on the news this morning that all the Patriot shirts, caps, jackets etc. that were already printed are going to be donated to some third world country.

The Boston snobs are down & out. and, the game was awesome.
So, I sticka my tonga at all youa.

Proud Member of XI Games
Private Roger Dodger

Postby dcowboys055 on Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:37 am

Roger Dodger wrote:they said on the news this morning that all the Patriot shirts, caps, jackets etc. that were already printed are going to be donated to some third world country.

Yeah they do that with every loser chamionship team, which actually is a story within itself how much money those donation companies make "donating" to poor countries...but that's not for this thread.

Long live not the Patriots!

and still f*ck the Giants!!!
Captain dcowboys055

Postby bayou on Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:55 am

spurgistan wrote:That one wacky pass by Manning to Tyree really took the wind out of the Pats, they had just scored to go up, and suddenly, despite playing nearly perfect D, and basically breaking that play wide open, Eli got incredibly lucky.

As bad as it hurts, going to be good to shake up the bandwagon a bit.

Not only was it a great catch by Tyree, but the way he maintained control of the ball was incredible. Look at the pictures above. At one point he used his helmet to secure the ball.
Eli beat the pressure.
Private bayou

Postby Blitzaholic on Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:13 am

i was shocked, wow, good job g-men
General Blitzaholic

Postby tim02 on Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:14 am

in the last 5 min I thought it was over, but then the gaints used a great passing game to win. one of the plays was amazing, Eli was bieng held by his shirt by 3 people and spun out then ran 10 yards and threw the ball through 3 of the pats defence and got to the reciever, Tyree, and some of those passes where amazing I think the giants deserved it!
Highest/Current
Score: 2900
Colonel tim02

Postby glide on Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:31 am

I was rooting for the Pats, but the Giants deserved the win.....Pats took them too lightly.....now....the only thing I don't agree with is this bull about being "World Champions".........come on boys.........you are United States Champions........nobody else plays your exact game, and you won't even consider having an exhibition game against the Grey Cup champions, so wtf?
Baseball's championship is called the World Series because of original sponsorship by a newspaper called the World.....ok...I get that......but World Champions of American Football is the only accurate title. Either that, or you all have to agree that I am World Champion of playing Risk on my computer! Nevertheless, well done Giants. :wink:
Gatekeeper, and Proud Member of XI Games
Newt Hunter
Private 1st Class glide

Location: 7km outside the thriving metropolis of Centreville, New Brunswick!

Postby Neoteny on Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:46 am

glide wrote:I was rooting for the Pats, but the Giants deserved the win.....Pats took them too lightly.....now....the only thing I don't agree with is this bull about being "World Champions".........come on boys.........you are United States Champions........nobody else plays your exact game, and you won't even consider having an exhibition game against the Grey Cup champions, so wtf?
Baseball's championship is called the World Series because of original sponsorship by a newspaper called the World.....ok...I get that......but World Champions of American Football is the only accurate title. Either that, or you all have to agree that I am World Champion of playing Risk on my computer! Nevertheless, well done Giants. :wink:

I love semantics... if we are the only teams to play our version of the game in the world, that would make the Giants the world champions of American football, and you the world champion of risk-type games on your computer. Either way, I agree that the Giants played the hell out of the Pats. I was rooting for NE, too.
Napoleon Ier wrote:You people need to grow up to be honest.
Major Neoteny

The eyes are the key to the soul

Postby bayou on Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:06 am

There was a camera shot that I've yet to see again in the replays.

Right after the game winning pass was caught, the camera panned on Eli and the look in his face was absolute awe.

Glide.......WORLD! WORLD! WORLD!
Private bayou

Postby DaGip on Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:07 pm

Roger Dodger wrote:patriots were a bit pissy at the end.

The Pats were a bit pissy before the ballgame even started! Remember when Eli came out and smiled at Tom Brady and tried to converse with him a bit? Remember the cold evil look Brady gave Manning and Manning just pranced away? I knew at that moment that the Giants might win, because who acts like that? It was just karma. Brady was the over confident asshole and Manning was the happy go-lucky QB...and then all that postive pre-bowl pro-Brady interviews and shit! What was up with that...then I really started to get that feeling that the Pats were going to lose. You pile up so much expectation on a frail QB like Brady, something is going to give. The commentators jinxed him. GIANTS deserve the win! They had the better team by far.

Funny little tid-bit I looked up, because I was curious. Who started the tradition of the Gatorade Shower?:

How did the gatorade shower get started
From AskWiki
Jump to: navigation, search
The tradition began with the New York Giants football team in the mid-80s. According to several sources, including Jim Burt of the Giants, it began on October 28th, 1985, when Burt performed the action on Bill Parcells after being angered over the coach's treatment of him that week. However, former Bears defensive tackle Dan Hampton claims he invented the shower in 1984 when the Bears dunked Mike Ditka upon clinching the NFL Central. The phenomenon gained national attention in the 1986 Giant's season. Parcells was doused after 17 victories that season, culminating with Super Bowl XXI.

http://www.askwiki.com/AskWiki/index.ph ... et_started

Go GIANTS!
Sergeant 1st Class DaGip

Postby HungrySomali on Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:54 pm

dcowboys055 wrote:
Roger Dodger wrote:they said on the news this morning that all the Patriot shirts, caps, jackets etc. that were already printed are going to be donated to some third world country.

Yeah they do that with every loser chamionship team, which actually is a story within itself how much money those donation companies make "donating" to poor countries...but that's not for this thread.

Long live not the Patriots!

and still f*ck the Giants!!!

Thats about the level of class I would expect from a Boyz fan...

Great game, probably the best Superbowl I've watched without my team in it. Gratz Giants fans.
Corporal HungrySomali

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,