Conquer Club

Great board game I randomly picked up...

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Great board game I randomly picked up...

Postby SolidLuigi on Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:11 pm

I was at Barnes and Noble the other day and they had a 75% off sale on a lot of their board games. This one called Pirate King caught my eye so I picked it up since it was only 9 bucks after the sale and there was only one left. When I got home I looked up reviews of the game before breaking the cellophane. The reviews were good and said it was like a combo of MONOPOLY and RISK. I knew I was gonna like it right away.

After playing it I can say that the description of it being a mix of those 2 board games is perfect. There are very similar elements of each game in Pirate King but there are also a lot of original game play ideas in here as well. Another great part is all the pieces! I don't know what it is but a game with a lot of pieces excites me, haha. And your money in this game is in the form of gems and gold, not paper money, so thats a cool twist. Also all the artwork is very well done, so it's pleasing to the eyes.

Here's the product page for it. http://www.templegames.com/product/pirate_king.php
There are pics and the whole instruction book is on there so you can read how its played before buying it. The only thing I was disappointed with was the pictures on the site show cool little 3d ships as pieces, but in my box there was just little cards with pictures of ships. oh well

So if you are a board game fan, check this game out. Also if you have a Barnes and Noble store nearby you check it out cause at 9 bucks this game is a steal!
Private SolidLuigi

Postby luns101 on Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:24 pm

Luigi, there's also a pretty fun game I play every once in awhile called Settlers of Catan. Check it out sometime. :D
Major luns101

Postby SolidLuigi on Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:31 pm

cool thanks, I heard that name before somewhere, although I haven't checked it out yet
Private SolidLuigi

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,