Conquer Club

Anthrax is going to kill you (USA appearantly)

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Anthrax is going to kill you (USA appearantly)

Postby Juan_Bottom on Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:15 am

http://edocket.access.gpo.gov/2008/E8-23547.htm
http://www.digitaljournal.com/print/article/260785
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20081001/hl_ ... nthrax_usa

"The intentional release of anthrax spores is one of the most significant biological threats we face," Leavitt said.

"We have stockpiled millions of doses of antibiotics -- enough to meet the needs of several large cities. But terrorists attack without warning, and many people could fall ill from inhalation anthrax before we get them the stockpiled drugs," Leavitt added.

Is this not the stupidest thing that you have ever heard? I'm pretty fed up with all this fear mongering. I AM NOT AFRAID OF MAKE-BELIEVE TERRORISTS. In a historical context I'm more likely to die from American-engineered anthrax than terrorist anthrax.
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom

Re: Anthrax is going to kill you (USA appearantly)

Postby heavycola on Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:57 am

Juan_Bottom wrote:http://edocket.access.gpo.gov/2008/E8-23547.htm
http://www.digitaljournal.com/print/article/260785
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20081001/hl_ ... nthrax_usa

"The intentional release of anthrax spores is one of the most significant biological threats we face," Leavitt said.

"We have stockpiled millions of doses of antibiotics -- enough to meet the needs of several large cities. But terrorists attack without warning, and many people could fall ill from inhalation anthrax before we get them the stockpiled drugs," Leavitt added.

Is this not the stupidest thing that you have ever heard? I'm pretty fed up with all this fear mongering. I AM NOT AFRAID OF MAKE-BELIEVE TERRORISTS.

But fearmongering by politicians about martial law and blood on the streets - make sure you pay full attention to that.
Corporal 1st Class heavycola

Postby Juan_Bottom on Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:03 am

Here's an idea Cola, why don't you just stay out of my threads? Seems that would be the civil thing to do.

Postby Nickbaldwin on Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:07 am

I'm sure terrorists have that much anthrax. Just like Iraq had WMD. It must be true, the government said it.
LOCK THIS FUCKING THREAD.
Captain Nickbaldwin

Postby Dancing Mustard on Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:30 am

Juan_Bottom wrote:Here's an idea Cola, why don't you just stay out of my threads? Seems that would be the civil thing to do.

What's the point of posting your opinions on current affairs if you know that everybody is just going to agree with you? We all get far more out of a debate and dialectic than we do out of simple consensus.
Wayne wrote:Wow, with a voice like that Dancing Mustard must get all the babes!

Garth wrote:Yeah, I bet he's totally studly and buff.
Corporal Dancing Mustard

Postby Juan_Bottom on Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:34 am

heavycola wrote:But fearmongering by politicians about martial law and blood on the streets - make sure you pay full attention to that.

What nevermind what I said. You have to answer this.

This reminds me of when "Mad Money" Jim Cramer warned people to pull out of the stock market, and he was labeled a "fearmongerer."

http://blogs.moneycentral.msn.com/topst ... towel.aspx

How are you a fear mongerer for telling the truth? This makes no sense. Why wouldn't you pay attention?

Postby heavycola on Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:01 am

Juan_Bottom wrote:Here's an idea Cola, why don't you just stay out of my threads? Seems that would be the civil thing to do.

While I will admit to a certain cynicism, the fact is that I am a naysayer and a hatchetman in the fight against tinfoil millinery. I pride myself in taking a punch and will gladly take another because I choose to live my life in the company of Gandhi and King. My concerns are global. I reject absolutely revenge, aggression, and retaliation (and baseless paranoia). The foundation of such a method is love. I love you, Juan Bottom.
Corporal 1st Class heavycola

Postby b.k. barunt on Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:11 am

That *sigh* was *sigh* beautiful * * wipes tear from eye * *

* * farts loudly * *
Honibaz
Cook b.k. barunt

Postby Juan_Bottom on Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:17 am

heavycola wrote:While I will admit to a certain cynicism, the fact is that I am a naysayer and a hatchetman in the fight against tinfoil millinery. I pride myself in taking a punch and will gladly take another because I choose to live my life in the company of Gandhi and King. My concerns are global. I reject absolutely revenge, aggression, and retaliation (and baseless paranoia). The foundation of such a method is love. I love you, Juan Bottom

Well that's awesome. But I'm not distracted you know. And the only tinfoil mad-hatting going on here is by my government. Don't you agree? Or is it that everthing that I say you hear "conspiracy 9-11 conspiracy 9-11?"

And no, I don't find any of this to be fear-mongering.

Postby b.k. barunt on Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:59 am

I myself reject baseless paranoia, but then we have "Situationally Appropriate Paranoia". Ever see "The Conspiracy Theory" with Mel Gibson? That movie made a profound statement about the "paranoid" folks who are wrapped up in thinking about conspiracies.

I can relate to people like Jay, Xtratabasco and Juan because when i first realized that everything i was taught about my country was a lie, i got a little obsessed with conspiracies myself. I was 18 then, and privy to secrets while in the military, but now at 57 i'm no longer obsessed with what i know to be true. I've resigned myself cynically to the fact that the powers that be will remain as such. I will say though that the conspiracy theories of Jay and Xtratabasco are understated if anything.

Honibaz
Cook b.k. barunt

Postby 2dimes on Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:50 pm

When you write about it there's a negative feeling. Am I just reading that in or are you against the wealthy elite being what they are?
Corporal 2dimes

Postby Grooveman2007 on Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:53 pm

Fortunatly for me, I've been exposing myself to minuet but ever increasing amounts of anthrax, to develop immunity. So while you all die in wretched agony, I'll be drinking all the free beer in the country.
The big trouble with dumb bastards is that they are too dumb to believe there is such a thing as being smart.

-Kurt Vonnegut
Private 1st Class Grooveman2007

Postby b.k. barunt on Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:00 pm

2dimes wrote:When you write about it there's a negative feeling. Am I just reading that in or are you against the wealthy elite being what they are?

Negative? Moi? Far be it from me to say anything untoward about the leaders of this great country. God Bless Amerika! * * waves flag and farts loudly * *

Honibaz
Cook b.k. barunt

Postby Juan_Bottom on Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:57 pm

b.k. barunt wrote:I can relate to people like Jay, Xtratabasco and Juan because when i first realized that everything i was taught about my country was a lie, i got a little obsessed with conspiracies myself. I was 18 then, and privy to secrets while in the military, but now at 57 i'm no longer obsessed with what i know to be true. I've resigned myself cynically to the fact that the powers that be will remain as such. I will say though that the conspiracy theories of Jay and Xtratabasco are understated if anything.

:shock: At first I was like "I'm not a conspiracy theorist!!!" At least, definitly not of that breed! but then I finished reading it and was all like " :shock: ok..."

Grooveman2007 wrote:Fortunatly for me, I've been exposing myself to minuet but ever increasing amounts of anthrax, to develop immunity. So while you all die in wretched agony, I'll be drinking all the free beer in the country.

:lol:

Well it is important to note that FEMA has prepared an "Anthrax" disaster plan. They also made a "flu pandemic" plan. the discussion right now is whether or not to force "certain people of infrastructure" to take the vaccines before any outbreak. I was also reading that the Anthrax vaccine has never even been tested on weaponized Anthrax...

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,