Conquer Club

Jones is a curl but not a jones

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Jones is a curl but not a jones

Postby strike wolf on Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:33 am

So first off this is not actually meant to be a spam thread. I just want to ask what is with all the similarly titled threads today and felt that this may be the best way to get attention from the group that might know.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Re: Jones is a curl but not a jones

Postby Frigidus on Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:44 am

Too bad, incoming lock.
Sergeant Frigidus

Postby jonesthecurl on Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:46 am

I think they're all just part of Spamnation Alley.
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Sergeant 1st Class jonesthecurl

Postby strike wolf on Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:48 am

I know that they're spam but what got them started? Is there some thread that I didn't see earlier?
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby strike wolf on Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:53 am

Frigidus wrote:Too bad, incoming lock.

Maybe but I was asking a serious question (even if it's may be a stupid one) and thus shall regret nothing.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby pimpdave on Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:55 am

strike wolf wrote:I know that they're spam but what got them started? Is there some thread that I didn't see earlier?

It wasn't a planned thing. At least, not by me. It seemed to grow organically.

I posted this thread: viewtopic.php?f=302&t=67001

Intended as a parody of all those people who say that McCain and Obama are basically the same person, saying the same things. (i.e. Ron Paul and his supporters)

I don't know why, but it seemed to spin out of that. I responded in those threads created, because I'm a funny and hilarious comedian who makes hilarious posts all the time, but not with any intention of making spam.

I'm still not completely clear on what spam really is, anyway. I always thought it was solicitations, rather than tangential and joke posts on a message board, and I'm actually kind of worried that I'll accidentally spam again.
jay_a2j wrote:hey if any1 would like me to make them a signature or like an avator just let me no, my sig below i did, and i also did "panther 88" so i can do something like that for u if ud like...
Sergeant 1st Class pimpdave

Postby strike wolf on Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:59 am

pimpdave wrote:
strike wolf wrote:I know that they're spam but what got them started? Is there some thread that I didn't see earlier?

It wasn't a planned thing. At least, not by me. It seemed to grow organically.

I posted this thread: viewtopic.php?f=302&t=67001

Intended as a parody of all those people who say that McCain and Obama are basically the same person, saying the same things. (i.e. Ron Paul and his supporters)

I don't know why, but it seemed to spin out of that. I responded in those threads created, because I'm a funny and hilarious comedian who makes hilarious posts all the time, but not with any intention of making spam.

I'm still not completely clear on what spam really is, anyway. I always thought it was solicitations, rather than tangential and joke posts on a message board, and I'm actually kind of worried that I'll accidentally spam again.

Ah okay. I think I get it now. I must have missed that thread earlier. Also, in my opinion, making threads over and over again in a similar fashion but with no real purpose is one of the more blatant forms of spam. Which is why your thread isn't locked but the rest are.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby Juan_Bottom on Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:13 pm

Weird... I certainly didn't plan anything either... but I couldn't stop.
The OT forum has always felt more like an open conversation to me. If jbrettlip where here in person and said "Owenshooter is an Owen, but not a shooter," I would naturally respond with "AHhh....Juan is a Juan and has a bottom." I was just kicking it with some friends you know?

That's just how I veiw the OT forum, so that's how I roll.

And I always thought Spam was unwanted advertisments popping up at you.... untill I came here. It seems to have a broad meaning here in CC.
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom

Postby strike wolf on Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:28 pm

I can understand a broader meaning than just the e-mails thing though what the other types of spam are really just vary based on someone's opinion

Cadet strike wolf

Postby animorpherv1 on Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:20 pm

This thread has lasted 3 days. Clapper is getting soft.
Cook animorpherv1

Postby strike wolf on Sat Oct 18, 2008 5:48 pm

Why? it was a serious question that I asked in the first post and no one's done anything really lock worthy, so why should clapper lock it? Unless of course you came in here and just posted without reading anything.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby jonesthecurl on Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:00 pm

I'm a Wilkinson on my mother's side.
instagram.com/garethjohnjoneswrites
Sergeant 1st Class jonesthecurl

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,