Conquer Club

Why Host Mafia on Conquer Club?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Why Host Mafia on Conquer Club?

Postby got tonkaed on Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:30 pm

again to be honest, if you look at your and LSUs original back and forth i think the implication is that the game is not open immediately to everyone. While if it wasnt your first few times around you may have caught it from the implied committed, which has the meaning of also experienced, he was relatively clear from his response.

Your reply was out of line and caused everything to snowball from there. Instead of disagreeing with him, you did something that i think you will realize was a little too over the top and unnecessarily combative
Cadet got tonkaed

Postby pimpdave on Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:39 pm

That's not what committed means, in any way shape or form. It clearly communicates he wants people who won't bail on the game. Which I wouldn't do.
jay_a2j wrote:hey if any1 would like me to make them a signature or like an avator just let me no, my sig below i did, and i also did "panther 88" so i can do something like that for u if ud like...
Sergeant 1st Class pimpdave

Postby Nikolai on Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:51 pm

pimpdave wrote:Then why is it hosted on this website? And you're wrong. The threads belong to Conquer Club. They prove that every time they move things, lock things, or edit things.

Since we all pay for the service, we all deserve equal access to what is publicly provided. Private games and clan sub forums are not publicly provided and thus would not fall under the same criticism (at least not from me).

Wow. Just... wow. That aside...

pimpdave, you can't start a topic and then insist that everyone else is going off topic because they aren't saying what you want to hear. I, for one, found the information regarding what caused this thread very useful as background for your assertions, and therefore perfectly on topic. You won't get anywhere by arguing that everyone except one or two people in the thread is being off topic when everyone else obviously considers it on topic.

Natewolfman wrote:... I suddenly have an urge to play a mafia game which i havnt done yet on this site...

Me too...
Sergeant 1st Class Nikolai

Postby got tonkaed on Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:52 pm

pimpdave wrote:That's not what committed means, in any way shape or form. It clearly communicates he wants people who won't bail on the game. Which I wouldn't do.

But as i suggested before, if you had been around the community a little longer youd realize one of the bigger concerns of any mod who sets up a confusing game is that players will drop out early on, and you especially seemed to be at risk in LSUs mind because of your resignation ( i dont know anything about it so i cant draw any conclusion from it). So while you certainly had every right to attempt to join the game (and it probably will be a very good one in terms of games) LSU and most mods interpretation of committed is both understood as a call for people who will post actively (the way you saw it) and for people who are veterans of the game (which you did not know via your relative newness to some of the informal ways of the board).

He had every right to do what he did, you just made an error in judgement which has snowballed rather regrettably to the point now that im not sure you are quite aware what you are even aruging for at this point.
Cadet got tonkaed

Postby pimpdave on Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:06 pm

I didn't resign until after LSU acted like an exclusive jerk.

Look at the time stamps.

His actions were based completely upon discrimination and maintaining the status quo. Were they not, perhaps he would have PMed me. Instead, he had to show off his e-peen by having to graciously reach down to graciously grant the gracious possibility of maybe being a gracious "backup", assuming I grovel sufficiently. He had to publicly dismiss me from his little clique, rather than graciously granting the opportunity to graciously back out on my own, by sharing his "concerns" in private.

Regardless though, it's all bullshit. Backups should be the last ones to sign up.

But of course, that would require an actual egalitarian approach to staging the games, and that would upset the delicate status quo.

Which is why it should either be open to all, or open to none.

*Also, I haven't bothered mentioning, up to this point, that perhaps I know more about mafia then I was letting on. Deception is, after all, a key ingredient to war. Whether or not that is actually the case, to discriminate against someone on a publicly accessible portion of the site for a reason like that should be neither condoned nor tolerated. I guess I'm alone in that. If you fail to see how it is prejudiced to say that "cause you're a noob you'll ruin everything", then we'll never come to any consensus here.

I fully support the right of people to stage private games, but I do not think those private games should be advertised as public, nor should people have to grovel for entry. Of course, I'm being made into the bad guy here, but that's just cause I'm upsetting the status quo. If any of you taking the side of the Mafia status quo could put yourselves in the shoes of the outsider, I'm sure you could see this to be true.
jay_a2j wrote:hey if any1 would like me to make them a signature or like an avator just let me no, my sig below i did, and i also did "panther 88" so i can do something like that for u if ud like...

Postby LSU Tiger Josh on Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:38 pm

Actually Pimp we've all been there before and unlike you we were willing to accept the fact that we may not be sufficient enough at mafia to handle such a complex game and did what we had to do(did smaller games) and established a good reputation and were able to get into the more complex game. We didn't go around with a chip on our shoulder thinking we should be "entitled" to join every little thing we wanted. We had a little thing called patience and when the mod felt we were ready enough to join they would either pm us an invite or else we could try to sign in and sometimes get in and sometimes we still get put on the waiting list.

I know my first big game I got in was as a sub and was impressive enough in it to be included the next time a big game was starting up. Several others have had the same thing happen because its part of the learning process of mafia here at CC. Why you think you're better then the rest of us that went through the same process I don't know. I do know though that your little whining session sure didn't appeal to me in regards to future games in regards to the forseeable future. Others have made that list for various offenses as well, but over time have shown themselves to be changed persons and managed to get off my personal blacklist for mafia games.
LSU Tiger Josh
The man, the myth, the legend has returned.
Corporal LSU Tiger Josh

Postby owenshooter on Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:45 pm

are you serious?!! do you even REALIZE how ridiculous you are being, given what you posted in the mafia forum, which has been posted and ignored by you. give it up, you are making a fool of yourself and it just ridiculous. you do not know how to play mafia, and screwed up a game for everyone with a mistake. then you were given a chance to play in a more serious mafia game, and you screwed that up even more. you seem very eager to avoid what it is you did and said within the mafia forum, and until you deal with that, this thread is a joke:
pimpdave wrote:You fucking idiots. I have until late November until this shit starts. That's more than enough time to learn your game.
But since you base everything on the one game I'm in now and tell me I can be a "backup", f*ck you, I don't want in, I won't play mafia again, go f*ck yourselves.

pimpdave wrote:
pancakemix wrote:As a matter of fact, putting you in as a backup is pretty gracious, actually. He could've just turned you away, but he's giving you a chance.

Hey fuckwit, he's saying I'm not good enough to join, but maybe if someone flakes on the game, I'm in?

I'm the one being gracious you prick, I'm the one offering to join the game. But apparently this isn't come one come all. So then why is it advertised as such?

Well f*ck that, and f*ck you. Especially you pancakemix, f*ck off, you're what, like 12?

Just take me off your goddamn list and don't expect to see me in a mafia game again. That's all there is to it. Please continue to enjoy circle jerking yourselves and all of your "experienced" shit head friends, and then get all confused when you have no fresh blood.

This matter is closed, I am finished. f*ck you, f*ck you, f*ck you, f*ck you, You're cool Ink, f*ck you, f*ck you, f*ck you, You're cool AKD, f*ck you, f*ck you f*ck you. I'm out.

pimpdave wrote:Oh, I have an idea. I also know that games have a learning curve, and all that. I also know that I'm an incredibly quick study and when I signed up for the game, did so with the knowledge I had a month to learn the ins and outs of "Mafia".

And go ahead and cry sour grapes now, you're just another one of those cliquish pricks, apparently. Well f*ck off, you won't have to see me in your precious little clique games again. If I was supposed to resign the game you were modding by PM, then LSU could have shared his concerns with me via PM, but he didn't value discretion either.

So, I'm letting you all know in public, I think you're assholes and should let newbies play or else you'll never get any fresh blood nor deserve any of the grovelers that will actually eat your shit until you deem them "worthy" of admission to your cabal of cunts. Look elsewhere, cause I'm not buying.

all from this wonderful thread which you abandoned in THIS attempt to get mafia removed.

viewtopic.php?f=213&t=68265&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=mafia+pimpdave

you should just be ashamed of your behaviour and lame attempt to get mafia removed. thanks to you, i'm joining a mafia game and learning how to play!! thanks!-0
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby pimpdave on Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:49 pm

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Hey, Mafia, you're welcome for the fresh blood. I know you all hate me now, but in time, you'll recognize the genius of my marketing.

Sometimes you just need a human sacrifice to get that fresh blood flowing.

Postby owenshooter on Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:51 pm

pimpdave wrote:MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

i'd say the same thing after getting owned in this thread... sure, pimp... sure...-0
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby owenshooter on Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:55 pm

Hey, Mafia, you're welcome for the fresh blood. I know you all hate me now, but in time, you'll recognize the genius of my marketing.

sure... you look ridiculous, and the editing of this post is even more ridiculous. you didn't screw up several games on purpose to not be invited into the game which caused you to spew profanity. nobody buys it. you look like even more of a fool. you just lost major face in the forums and i have lost a huge amount of respect i had for you. sad.-0
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby pimpdave on Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:02 pm

owenshooter wrote:sure... you look ridiculous, and the editing of this post is even more ridiculous. you didn't screw up several games on purpose to not be invited into the game which caused you to spew profanity. nobody buys it. you look like even more of a fool. you just lost major face in the forums and i have lost a huge amount of respect i had for you. sad.-0

I didn't screw up any games... I resigned from one, and that's moving along quite happily.

Look, believe what you want. I expected to be hated. I gave a couple people on the forums hints as to what I was after with this whole stunt, and I reveal my true motivation now in hopes the animosity can begin to dissipate in time.

The results, however, are real. More people are looking at Mafia than before, and without one of the game mods having to send out a flood of invite PMs. Whether or not they stick with it is out of my hands, but I accomplished what I set out to do, and I am proud of that. All in less than a day, too!

I didn't do any of this for your opinion, owen, or anyone's. I did it because I wanted to see if I could pull off some reverse psychology marketing. So, for an audience of one, I am satisfied. Sadly, it's a lonely success, which might underscore the drawbacks to reverse psychology marketing.

Now don't anyone give up on Mafia yet!

Also, let's keep arguing about whether or not Mafia should be on Conquer Club for another page, so this post gets buried, huh? We need to keep everyone hating me in order to get them to flock to Mafia.
Last edited by pimpdave on Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby nagerous on Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:06 pm

You resigned by posting your role.... that's not the best way to do so.
Captain nagerous

Postby pimpdave on Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:09 pm

nagerous wrote:You resigned by posting your role.... that's not the best way to do so.

I've already addressed this several times, but to be completely honest with you, you're right. I was following rules for mafia games I had played in real life settings. Had the method for resignation been stipulated up front, I would have followed it.

So, my bad on that. I apologized to one of the players, but didn't do so publicly. So, let me say that here. I am sorry for my failure in etiquette on the resignation from the game I was in. But all I did was claim, which helped reveal an actual "scum". It's not like I was a mafia guy and told everyone who the other mafia guys are.

I also owe a public apology to Anarkistsdream. Had I planned this all out thoroughly, I would have warned him off of supporting me. After he had begun to do so, it was too late, and I had to let it all roll. Hopefully in time, he'll be able to forgive me.

Oh, and owen, you're the one who deserves a special note in all of this, because I based this all on whether or not I could get the more reticent of active posters to go look into mafia, of whom you were one I thought of as being near the top of the list. Since you carry so much clout on the forums, if you "go there" others will too.

Well, enjoy your mafia games kids. I don't expect to ever be welcome to any, but damn if I can't be a deceptive little bastard.

Postby pimpdave on Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:21 pm

Mafia should not be hosted on Conquer Club because it is discriminatory!

Postby pancakemix on Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:38 pm

Totally called it.

pancakemix wrote:Personally, I wonder if he's just faking it in an attempt to get more people playing. Hologram even pointed out that it's a gross overreaction over something incredibly minor. Then by acting like a douche, he brings more people in. That would be pretty genius.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby pimpdave on Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:49 pm

Mafia should not be hosted on Conquer Club because it is discriminatory!

Postby RiskTycoon on Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:57 pm

funny .. i don't even know what it is ... :lol:

there is a CC mafia ? is Lack the Godfather ?
"How do you like that? Even among misfits you're a misfit!"
Major RiskTycoon

Postby pimpdave on Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:59 pm

RiskTycoon wrote:funny .. i don't even know what it is ... :lol:

there is a CC mafia ? is Lack the Godfather ?

viewforum.php?f=213

But don't play it because it is discriminatory!

Postby RiskTycoon on Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:01 pm

pfft i took one look and left ....

I guess i don't want to know ... that's the easy way out :lol:
"How do you like that? Even among misfits you're a misfit!"
Major RiskTycoon

Postby owenshooter on Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:15 pm

pimpdave wrote:Oh, and owen, you're the one who deserves a special note in all of this, because I based this all on whether or not I could get the more reticent of active posters to go look into mafia, of whom you were one I thought of as being near the top of the list. Since you carry so much clout on the forums, if you "go there" others will too.

Well, enjoy your mafia games kids. I don't expect to ever be welcome to any, but damn if I can't be a deceptive little bastard.

i call BS on this. no way the blow up in the mafia forums was part of this "staged" publicity event. how many mafia games are you in, after your little meltdown? hmmm... none? yeah, y ou were trying to get more traffic there, by going nuts in their forum and posting profanity, AND THEN by screwing up a game by giving away your roll, and pissing off a ton of people on your way out. but hey, you got OWNED in this thread, and looked like a bit of an ass, so of course you are going to try and pull something. sorry, you lost what respect i had for you with this thread. it was beyond ridiculous, and in no way staged or planned. you truly had an agenda and miscalculated. nice try.-0
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby pimpdave on Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:19 pm

You are completely right. I hate mafia and it does not belong on Conquer Club. It is exclusive and it does not belong here.

Postby william18 on Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:07 pm

pimpdave wrote:You are completely right. I hate mafia and it does not belong on Conquer Club. It is exclusive and it does not belong here.

Didn't we already clear up these issues.Or are you trying to restart the whole argument? I never knew someone who liked losing twice.
Sergeant 1st Class william18

Postby pimpdave on Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:44 pm

Mafia is terrible and shouldn't be on Conquer Club.

Do not play it or look into it or anything.

Postby nagerous on Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:46 pm

His argument has been absolutely wrecked by popular appeal so now he's childishly resorted into spamming and claiming the whole thing was a setup :roll:
Captain nagerous

Postby LSU Tiger Josh on Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:51 pm

hence why we shouldn't bother giving him the satisfaction of continuing to feed that troll.
LSU Tiger Josh
The man, the myth, the legend has returned.
Corporal LSU Tiger Josh

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,