Conquer Club

Why Host Mafia on Conquer Club?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Why Host Mafia on Conquer Club?

Postby owenshooter on Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:52 pm

LSU Tiger Josh wrote:hence why we shouldn't bother giving him the satisfaction of continuing to feed that troll.

i think naggy was taking a victory lap... a well deserved victory lap...-0
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Thezzaruz on Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:04 pm

pimpdave wrote:That's not what committed means, in any way shape or form. It clearly communicates he wants people who won't bail on the game. Which I wouldn't do.

Well seeing as it took you 3 days, 4 pages and being prodded to become active in your first game here you'll have to understand that you had a bit to go before being seen as a safe bet tbh, especially as you excused yourself with something like "it was many posts to read" (could fetch the quote if needed).

pimpdave wrote:Had the method for resignation been stipulated up front, I would have followed it.

ga7 wrote:3. Do not quote any PMs you receive from me.

ga's quote is from the first post in the game thread, not "up front" enough for you???
Lieutenant Thezzaruz

Postby pimpdave on Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:06 pm

Yes, yes. Excellent. We're on to a new page now. My explanatory post is no longer the first thing people will see.

I didn't quote any PMs I received from ga7. I could have been lying in my claim. How are you so sure I wasn't? If it's because ga7 confirmed it, that's not my fault. You're really grasping at straws now.

Well, that's okay. Keep hate hate hatin on me.

I guess I also forgot to consider that, in all of this, you guys that were convinced to go check out Mafia would probably resent me for manipulating you into doing so. So no matter what, I'm hated for this stunt. Oh well. Should have thought it through better.

It is funny to me, that, in human nature, the quickest way to get anyone to do anything is to tell them either A) don't do it, or B) it's very exclusive.

The second something is noted as exclusive, everyone wants to get in. Well, you know folks, there's an exclusive opportunity to buy this bridge I know about, gaining everyone entry into Brooklyn. A sound investment if I ever saw one!

Oh, and one last thing,

Thezzaruz wrote:
pimpdave wrote:That's not what committed means, in any way shape or form. It clearly communicates he wants people who won't bail on the game. Which I wouldn't do.

Well seeing as it took you 3 days, 4 pages and being prodded to become active in your first game here you'll have to understand that you had a bit to go before being seen as a safe bet tbh, especially as you excused yourself with something like "it was many posts to read" (could fetch the quote if needed).

I didn't know the game had begun. The prod PM was helpful, because then I knew to check on the game. I said I needed some time before I could delve into the game (I actually had work to do that day), then later that night, I got into it.

Look, could you possibly go ahead and quote things that aren't being used just to make me look bad? Maybe you could quote some of those exculpatory posts -- keeping in mind, of course, that it was game banter. The objective is to stay alive, and everything I wrote in that thread was with that objective in mind. That is, of course, until I resigned.

I won't be posting one line posts from here on out, I just wanted to get this thread off of page 5. Thanks for helping folks.
jay_a2j wrote:hey if any1 would like me to make them a signature or like an avator just let me no, my sig below i did, and i also did "panther 88" so i can do something like that for u if ud like...
Sergeant 1st Class pimpdave

Postby jnd94 on Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:26 pm

From a 3rd party here (yuk yuk yuk) it seems that both parties may be at fault here. While pimp is new, our whole mission was to get new people. He's not the normal 12 year old idiot, but even still, pimp, you have made mistakes, whether intentional or unintentional. Plus the tirade in the sign-up thread was uncalled for.
Captain jnd94

Postby pimpdave on Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:39 pm

jnd94 wrote:From a 3rd party here (yuk yuk yuk) it seems that both parties may be at fault here. While pimp is new, our whole mission was to get new people. He's not the normal 12 year old idiot, but even still, pimp, you have made mistakes, whether intentional or unintentional. Plus the tirade in the sign-up thread was uncalled for.

I suppose so, but it was the only way to really sell the publicity stunt... I hope everyone can come around to recognizing that I didn't really mean what I wrote (well, except to LSU, it is a dick move to refuse someone entry for an arbitrary reason and you should expect people to get upset when you don't handle such things discretely, so perhaps this whole affair will drum that into your head. Make your rejections in private, man. But the names I called you, I didn't mean them. It was for dramatic effect. Go ahead and add "acting like" before every mean name I called you, and you'll have my real opinion. You shouldn't act like a high holy douche bag if you want new people getting involved in Mafia, because I'm sure you're not. Not really. You just acted like it there by attempting to publicly humiliate the noob, which, I suppose I owe some gratitude for, since it inspired this whole sordid affair.).

As for these alleged mistakes, are you referring to my resignation? That was all part of the stunt. I couldn't really sell it unless I did resign, and I only followed the rules as they were laid out. That's not my fault, nor is it a "mistake". The mistake lies with the moderator on that one. I didn't break any rules, and if what I did was a faux pas, then make a rule clearly stating to NOT do that, and then you can actually chastise newbies for breaking it.

As I said, what I did was how to resign in other Mafia games I've played. It's like with beer pong. Everyone has different rules. Well, apparently at this site, you guys play with different rules than I'm used to. That's not my fault, nor does it mean I made a "mistake" if those rules weren't clearly laid out at the beginning.
jay_a2j wrote:hey if any1 would like me to make them a signature or like an avator just let me no, my sig below i did, and i also did "panther 88" so i can do something like that for u if ud like...

Postby animorpherv1 on Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:04 pm

a) I'm not as experienced to mafia then a bunch of the people there, and I got accepted fiarly easily. Not much nonsense. As did you, you just blew this big tempertantrum, and things got out of hand.

b) We are hosting "mafia week" soon, to get more people to play mafia, explain how getting new players make something "cliqueish". Actully, I'm one of the main organisers.

c) Some games, like the one I'm running right now, are intended for more exerienced players. Due to either game elements, game roles or other certain features, they want more "experienced" players. Hence why LSU didn't want you. LSU's games can be for more experienced players. Only experienced players can really "apprehend" the rue potential of those games. pimpdave, if most of the players in my game can't figure out how m,y game works, how would you?
Cook animorpherv1

Postby Stephan Wayne on Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:18 pm

why not it something to do in-between games
Corporal Stephan Wayne

Postby william18 on Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:22 pm

animorpherv1 wrote:a) I'm not as experienced to mafia then a bunch of the people there, and I got accepted fiarly easily. Not much nonsense. As did you, you just blew this big tempertantrum, and things got out of hand.

b) We are hosting "mafia week" soon, to get more people to play mafia, explain how getting new players make something "cliqueish". Actully, I'm one of the main organisers.

c) Some games, like the one I'm running right now, are intended for more exerienced players. Due to either game elements, game roles or other certain features, they want more "experienced" players. Hence why LSU didn't want you. LSU's games can be for more experienced players. Only experienced players can really "apprehend" the rue potential of those games. pimpdave, if most of the players in my game can't figure out how m,y game works, how would you?

Whens mafia week?
Sergeant 1st Class william18

Postby pmchugh on Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:29 pm

tbh even though I dont play mafia any more, their is no way i would ever still be on this site if it wasn't for the mafia games. As long as you stick to the rules then the people are friendly (with a few exceptions, but isnt that the same everywhere). Im sure others would have left as well without mafia, therefor the site is benifiting from mafia.
Major pmchugh

Postby Ditocoaf on Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:30 pm

animorpherv1 wrote:a) I'm not as experienced to mafia then a bunch of the people there, and I got accepted fiarly easily. Not much nonsense. As did you, you just blew this big tempertantrum, and things got out of hand.

Actually, at first we had a really bad first impression of ani... he made some bad mistakes, and badly damaged not one but three games, getting himself onto a few blacklists for games... but he took our disdain in good humor, kept learning, and now he's a well-respected player and mod. When he entered the mafia mod subforum, he saw some of our comments about him when he was just a noob... and he still took it with a grain of salt. That took a lot of maturity, and definitely a lot more than you showed.

>----------✪ Try to take down the champion in the continuous IPW/GIL tournament! ✪----------<

Note to self: THINK LESS LIVE MORE
Private 1st Class Ditocoaf

Postby ga7 on Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:26 pm

Tch. The whole point of this topic is to show off Pimpdave's narrow-mindedness. It doesn't take much to be accepted into mafia. It takes a bit more to be trusted. Problem is he didn't want to start as a newbie - guess what, we all did.

He pretty much fucked my game (that was intended to get into mafia new players - oh the elitism!) with his unnecessary claim... And showed by his own example why when mods pop up with a big game they don't accept total newbies. It doesn't take much to screw a game, just an tantrum-prone prick. I did not specify all the subtelties of Mafia in my rules, because they are either obvious or quickly discovered playing; to claim I didn't put in the rules the "correct way to quit" is pretty much the same as complaining there's no resign button in CC games, a silly excuse for poor sportmanship.

(didn't bother reading the thread btw, just wanted to vent on this BS heh :P)
Anarkistsdream wrote:If you guys can't tell that Doom is being forced to post this drivel, you are fools...
Lieutenant ga7

Postby william18 on Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:28 pm

Should we make a thread in GD about Mafia Week aswell. Something like a one time event where everyone could try out mafia. Hmm that sounds really good.
Sergeant 1st Class william18

Postby owenshooter on Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:47 pm

william18 wrote:Should we make a thread in GD about Mafia Week aswell. Something like a one time event where everyone could try out mafia. Hmm that sounds really good.

yeah, right up to the point where i flag every post you make and hit up every mod and admin within sight, asking why the GD is once again being abused by sub forums to promote THEIR forums... and you all know i will do it!!! ha!!!-0

p.s.-i did have fun throttling pimp with you guys and am checking out he mafia forum...
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby jbrettlip on Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:31 pm

well, if Owen is going to read Mafia forums, I will too.
nothing wrong with a little bit of man on dog love.
Lieutenant jbrettlip

Postby Iliad on Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:16 am

Thumbs up to pimp for the attention! :D :D
Private 1st Class Iliad

Postby pimpdave on Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:23 am

It doesn't matter what they're saying, so long as you keep them talking about you.

'Twas a good publicity stunt.

Peace.

Postby owenshooter on Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:30 am

pimpdave wrote:It doesn't matter what they're saying, so long as you keep them talking about you.

'Twas a good publicity stunt.

Peace.

nobody buys the lame excuse. you embarassed yourself and tainted a huge portion of good cred you had built up in the GD with this insane outburst. nice try, i am just sad for you now. well, you can always start chasing medals...-0
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Dancing Mustard on Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:55 am

This thread has descended into farce, I for one will not continue to bump it by giving it my attention or by sharing my views.

Oh... hang on... Goddamnit.
Wayne wrote:Wow, with a voice like that Dancing Mustard must get all the babes!

Garth wrote:Yeah, I bet he's totally studly and buff.
Corporal Dancing Mustard

Postby Iliad on Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:56 am

Dancing Mustard wrote:This thread has descended into farce, I for one will not continue to bump it by giving it my attention or by sharing my views.

Oh... hang on... Goddamnit.

He's a wily one, that's what he is!
Private 1st Class Iliad

Postby Twill on Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:55 am

:roll:

Pimp, publicity or not, this was an uncalled for, out of place, baiting and generally annoying thread attempting soley to cause people headaches.

Seeing as we are not currently seeking sponsorship from aspirin I shall attempt to provide the anti-headache treatment and am moving this "promotional material" to off topics where rants, raves and generally off topic ramblings such as this belong.

Oh, and even in a bait thread, don't go off topic ;)

Twill
Retired.
Please don't PM me about forum stuff any more.

Essential forum poster viewing:
Posting, and You! and How to behave on an internet forum...on the internet
Corporal 1st Class Twill

Postby Hologram on Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:12 am

Twill wrote::roll:

Pimp, publicity or not, this was an uncalled for, out of place, baiting and generally annoying thread attempting soley to cause people headaches.

Seeing as we are not currently seeking sponsorship from aspirin I shall attempt to provide the anti-headache treatment and am moving this "promotional material" to off topics where rants, raves and generally off topic ramblings such as this belong.

And yet for some reason they still get locked.....
The inflation rate in Zimbabwe just hit 4 million percent. Some people say it is only 165,000, but they are just being stupid. -Scott Adams, artist and writer of Dilbert
Cook Hologram

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,