Conquer Club

If Barack Obama owned CC…

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: If Barack Obama owned CC…

Postby F1fth on Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:08 pm

got tonkaed wrote:Everyone could give far more in charity than they do to be honest. I actually gripe quite a bit about the millenium development goals, but thats neither here nor there.

Personally i find the long term plans of the republican platform at the moment less conducive to national interests. Its the logic behind my vote. I dont waste a whole lot of time trying to get into the minds and hearts of the people who are running, because it isnt as if any of these individuals make decisions in a vaccum. If anything the biggest indicator of charcter in voting should be if you believe the individual can surround themselves with talent and appropriately delegate it.

You spend to much time in ideology land for my tastes.

Agreed. I hate it when people act as if the president is going to be steering the ship by himself. Like the national parties are just going to get their guy elected and say:

"Good show, sir. Here's the part where you run the executive branch by yourself. We'll just sit quietly in the corner and let you do your thing."

Whoever gets elected is going to have a long list of experts to advise them on their decisions (not that some presidents [Bush] always [ever] listen to those people).
<>---------------------------<>
......Come play CC Mafia,
.....where happiness lies
<>----------[Link]----------<>

REMEMBER NORSE // REMEMBER DANCING MUSTARD
Corporal F1fth

Postby Backglass on Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:14 pm

Sir. Ricco wrote:I like to know if I work for my money, I get to give it to who I want, not who the government tells me.

So, you don't have a job or file income taxes then?
The Pro-Tip®, SkyDaddy® and Image are registered trademarks of Backglass Heavy Industries.
Corporal 1st Class Backglass

Postby Bones2484 on Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:20 pm

Sir. Ricco wrote:
got tonkaed wrote:
Sir. Ricco wrote:
InkL0sed wrote:How dare you!

Oh, carp I forgot, I can't make jokes here.

you can, just consider trying to make funny ones, they get better responses.

It's funny, it’s just that you dems don't want to face the truth.

:roll:

Don't you mean: "It's funny because I believe all the crap sprayed at me by the conservative mud slingers even when they have no shred of proof."
Major Bones2484

Postby gdeangel on Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:23 pm

Back on the original question, the Obama policy would be much like the current cc regime. The tax for losing would be much higher for "big earners", i.e., people who play, win, and make it to the upper ranks of major, colonel, etc. BUT for the mega-rich, the top 10 farmers and such, who don't really contribute much good to the site as far as quality public games, are captains of point farming and the uneven-playing field exploitative match-ups, well, those guys get to keep their "wealth" and continue their exploitative ways of farming.

That's Obama's economic policy in a nutshell. We won't be bringing back the death tax (i.e., no redistribution of inter-generational wealth), we won't be recalibrating lower capital gains and dividend tax rates to reflect that a dollar invested in today's global economy doesn't do a hell of a lot for the US economic community other than earn returns for its owner... but we will yoke down on those every-day visible members of the upper-middle class wage earners... the ones who have pulled themselves up to captain, major, or colonel with dead even games, the ones who show up and make the non-farming public games people enjoy, don't abuse the foe list, and don't hunt in packs or exploit a fast connection speed for freestyle massacres.

What will happen? The same thing that's happened to this site... there will be less and less of those upper-middle rank, high caliber / tough competition players showing up to the party because the highest ranks will continue to enrich themselves through rent-earning on their "capital", and the system penalizes them heavily for playing the games that need to be played.

So actually, it is a really good analogy to compare cc with economic policy. Just watch... you'll see.
Sergeant gdeangel

Postby mpjh on Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:52 pm

Sir. Ricco wrote:That and if some one is poorer then you, you have to give them your money. I like to know if I work for my money, I get to give it to who I want, not who the government tells me.

"If I work for my money" Hummmmm are you posting at work?
Cadet mpjh

Postby got tonkaed on Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:54 pm

mpjh wrote:
Sir. Ricco wrote:That and if some one is poorer then you, you have to give them your money. I like to know if I work for my money, I get to give it to who I want, not who the government tells me.

"If I work for my money" Hummmmm are you posting at work?

to be fair. i occasionally post at work before class starts. Also to be fair im amazing.
Cadet got tonkaed

Postby austrianeagle on Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:58 pm

I don't work or pay taxes, I live inside a rich persons masion and hide from the owner, booyah!
Somewhere, anywhere but here
Cadet austrianeagle

Postby mpjh on Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:07 pm

I am retired, my wife works.
Cadet mpjh

Postby Snorri1234 on Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:25 pm

got tonkaed wrote: Also to be fair im amazing.

True.
"Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate uphill."

Duane: You know what they say about love and war.
Tim: Yes, one involves a lot of physical and psychological pain, and the other one's war.
Private Snorri1234

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,