Conquer Club

McCain for Divided Government!

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

McCain for Divided Government!

Postby Zeppflyer on Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:23 am

I don't really care that much for John McCain. I only agree with a few of his policies and it really does feel like he has abandoned much of what made him respected and popular. However, the prospect of both Houses of Congress and the Presidency being united under one party is terrifying. Whichever party would be in control, we lose any hope of restrained government spending or any checks on the expansion of government.

If you're on the fence, please consider voting, not for McCain, but for a government that cannot unite against the people.
Sergeant 1st Class Zeppflyer

Re: McCain for Divided Government!

Postby InkL0sed on Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:24 am

Click image to enlarge.
Lieutenant InkL0sed

Postby heavycola on Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:41 pm

i for one welcome our new lizard overlords
Corporal 1st Class heavycola

Postby oVo on Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:28 pm

Zeppflyer wrote:However, the prospect of both Houses of Congress and the Presidency being united under one party is terrifying. Whichever party would be in control, we lose any hope of restrained government spending or any checks on the expansion of government.

If you're on the fence, please consider voting, not for McCain, but for a government that cannot unite against the people.

The Republicans held the majority in both houses from 1996 thru 2006... obviously six of those years included the Presidency as well. I'm not on the fence, I am voting, and not for McCain... but for a new administration that might impliment enough change to rectify some of the horrific mistakes of the past eight years.

I'm tired of being lied to by the White House and sustain hope that if elected, Barack Obama will restore some credibility to that office... and get the government's priorities straight.

The current Republican mantra is... my opponant will raise your taxes a tactic to instill fear right at the heart of every voter and goes well with "The economy is fine" or "I will win the war" or "I know how to find Bin Laden and I'll get him" or "heckuva job Brownie" and a trillion dollars spent on an Iraq war.
Major oVo

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,