Conquer Club

People 'can't wait for ID cards'

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: People 'can't wait for ID cards'

Postby Juan_Bottom on Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:46 pm

MergeSubmersible wrote:
Juan_Bottom wrote:
MergeSubmersible wrote:I don't want another card... I lose my stuff already. One more thing to lose. :lol:

Hurrah for new voices!

I admit I'm no newb: I chronically join random forums. Not sure I'll play CC... might give it a go.

PERMA-BAN!!!
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom

Postby MergeSubmersible on Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:50 pm

Juan_Bottom wrote:
MergeSubmersible wrote:
Juan_Bottom wrote:
MergeSubmersible wrote:I don't want another card... I lose my stuff already. One more thing to lose. :lol:

Hurrah for new voices!

I admit I'm no newb: I chronically join random forums. Not sure I'll play CC... might give it a go.

PERMA-BAN!!!

???

Why would I be banned?
New Recruit MergeSubmersible

Postby Gypsys Kiss on Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:44 am

Although my original comments were a tad flippant, the sentiments are nevertheless accurate. Nobody I know wants one. We have enough ID floating around our wallets, purses and bags already. So face saving is what it is. The Labour government is in crisis, whether they admit it or not. They put a positive spin on everything, even the Millenium Dome fiasco.

Government for the people, by the people. Dont make me fucking laugh!

On a lighter note, MergeSubmersible, you are in the not yet banned section. Therefore its only a mattter of time. QED.
Sergeant Gypsys Kiss

Postby The1exile on Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:17 am

Ditocoaf wrote:Wait, so you're okay with ID's

Yeah, and as a result, I carry my thumb and eye around with me everywhere, not to mention secondary pieces of ID like oyster cards etc. Why pay £80 for the same? There simply is no tangible benefit whatsoever.
Lieutenant The1exile

Postby PLAYER57832 on Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:50 am

Snorri1234 wrote:I don't see the problem. I already have my id-card with me all the time. So far the only two uses I have encountered for it are for the police to check who you are and for supermarkets and other stores to check whether you're old enough to buy liquor/cigarettes. Why is this evil? What possible sinister scheme are they trying to pull of here?

You've said time and time again that this is evil, juan, but you haven't yet given a single reason as to why that is.

History.

Just as an example, we now know that the feds have been listening in on phone calls of completely innocent citizens. Understand, I am not for a second dreaming this was not possible and happening all along, but to have it blatently allowed... is another step.

In a way it is like the old school yard tattling. Almost no one is 100% "pure". In particular, it is easy enough to take things out of context and have them appear to be something entirely differant. Look at the number of times folks here have picked out a couple of sentences and made comments on things that were either irrelevant or just plain completely wrong. HERE we even have a written record.

During the civil rights movement of the sixties, during the Vietnahm era, there were plenty of cases of workers being investigated for the henious potential crime of .. get this .. suggesting all folks ought to have rights. Back then, it was taken very seriously. MANY people thought that the communists were in league with the blacks, etc.

OR go back a bit to the McCarthy era. Did you know that Lucille Ball had here career almost ruined because of the blacklist?

Sometimes you cannot wait for a problem to be serious to take action.

That said, the cards are coming, but as has been noted, right now, the security does not exist.

Right now, credit companies don't even have to insure against release of YOUR information through complete and utter negligence. In a few cases, they have offered "free credit monitoring" and such. But, guess what, if something actually happens, they have absolutely no liability (you can take them to court, but you have to have money to do that, etc.)
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby Snorri1234 on Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:23 am

Juan_Bottom wrote:
Ditocoaf wrote:Wait, so you're okay with ID's, but not with having RIFD chips on them? Then we agree. I thought this thread was just about the ID cards...

Yup, that's what my issue on the whole with American ID is.

Oooh. I was thinking the same as Dito. I have my driver's licence on me all the time anyway. Yes RIFD's are a bad thing, they don't work that good and can be exploited.
"Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate uphill."

Duane: You know what they say about love and war.
Tim: Yes, one involves a lot of physical and psychological pain, and the other one's war.
Private Snorri1234

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,