Conquer Club

The Valid Comparison Thread

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: The Valid Comparison Thread

Postby mrswdk on Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:20 am

notyou2 wrote:When was Kung Pao chicken invented? You left that part out.

Kung Pao Chicken was first cooked during the Qing Dynasty :D I've no idea exactly when. Probably some time in the 19th century

'But what else can you teach me about my favorite chicken dish?', I hear you cry.

The actual Mandarin Chinese name is Gong Bao Chicken, the gong bao/宫保 meaning 'palace guard' or 'palace guardian'. 'Gong Bao Ding' was the name of a senior Qing Dynasty official, and the dish was named after him (the dish's full name is Gong Bao Ji Ding). During Mao's time was temporarily renamed to 'hong bao chicken' in order for the name to be more politically correct. Now it's called Gong Bao again.

Does Kung Pao Chicken in Canada have a decent amount of crunchy peanuts and cucumber pieces?
Lieutenant mrswdk

Postby Army of GOD on Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:10 am

What is your favorite dynasty?
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby mrswdk on Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:28 am

Army of GOD wrote:What is your favorite dynasty?

The Qin Dynasty \(^_^)/. It was fairly short-lived, but when Qin Shi Huang expanded his Qin Empire and founded the Qin Dynasty he became the first person to unify much of what is now modern China into one cohesive state.

The Tang Dynasty was also a good one, in terms of it being a high point in the development of the Chinese civilization state.
Lieutenant mrswdk

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,