Conquer Club

Poll on Racism

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Is it just as racist to SUPPORT someone based on race; as it is to OPPOSE someone based on race

Total votes : 0

Re: Poll on Racism: John Kasich's All White Staff

Postby Aradhus on Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:08 pm

Those uncle toms. Probably rich.

I have it on good authority that 6% of the 95% voted for Obama cos "the other guy had the creepier smile", and another 12% because Obama had nice hair.
Major Aradhus

Postby notyou2 on Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:14 pm

I understood 3% voted for him because he smoked.
Captain notyou2

Re: Poll on Racism (only 30 days left to vote!)

Postby DangerBoy on Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:43 pm

john9blue wrote:So basically now both sides are taunting the other and saying "you're racist, not me". How about we judge by actions? Which side actively promotes the support or opposition of people base on race? Anyone honest with themselves knows the answer.

^^Highly introspectionist and propagating introspectionism^^

Reported
Sergeant 1st Class DangerBoy

Postby Phatscotty on Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:50 pm

DangerBoy wrote:
john9blue wrote:So basically now both sides are taunting the other and saying "you're racist, not me". How about we judge by actions? Which side actively promotes the support or opposition of people base on race? Anyone honest with themselves knows the answer.

^^Highly introspectionist and propagating introspectionism^^

Reported

It is what it is.
Major Phatscotty

Postby patches70 on Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:52 pm

Phatscotty wrote:[
Its been said so many times...what the heck. The question is based on the reality, that if you refuse to vote for someone because of their race, that qualifies as racism. Example..."I won't vote for a purple person" ""why not?"" "because he is purple. I refuse to vote for a purple colored person"

granted? ok then

Flip the exact same question around. Only voting for someone because of their race. "I'm voting for him because he is purple" ""why?"" "because he is purple. I will only vote for a purple colored person"

Both of the above are not examples of racists. They are examples of prejudice. Of bigots.

For them to be examples of racism it would read like this-

Example 1- "I won't vote for a purple person" "why not?" "Because purple people are inferior and sub human. purple people are not fit for ruling, only for enslaving or exterminating."

Example 2- "I am voting for him because he is purple" "why?" "Because purple people are superior to all other people and deserve to rule and all other races are beneath the purple race."

To dislike another race is not the criteria by which racism is/should be defined. Racism is the belief that your particular race is not only superior to other races, but that also your race deserves to be placed above other, inferior, races.

All too often Prejudice and Racism are interchanged. There is probably not a single person in the world who is not prejudice in one form or another. Racists, however, are another breed all together.

If a black person doesn't like white people, so be it. That does not make him a racist. It just makes him ignorant.
Same goes for the white guy who doesn't like black people.

If either one of them go around advocating the killing and subjugation of the other race, then by all means they are a racist. Their feelings do not stem from ignorance, but rather from a sense of superiority, a sense of hubris.

The bigot can be ignored, for they are harmless and is a fool.
The racist must be dealt with harshly, since the racist can be dangerous.

Just sayin' is all.
Private patches70

Postby Phatscotty on Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:15 pm

patches70 wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:[
Its been said so many times...what the heck. The question is based on the reality, that if you refuse to vote for someone because of their race, that qualifies as racism. Example..."I won't vote for a purple person" ""why not?"" "because he is purple. I refuse to vote for a purple colored person"

granted? ok then

Flip the exact same question around. Only voting for someone because of their race. "I'm voting for him because he is purple" ""why?"" "because he is purple. I will only vote for a purple colored person"

Both of the above are not examples of racists. They are examples of prejudice. Of bigots.

For them to be examples of racism it would read like this-

Example 1- "I won't vote for a purple person" "why not?" "Because purple people are inferior and sub human. purple people are not fit for ruling, only for enslaving or exterminating."

Example 2- "I am voting for him because he is purple" "why?" "Because purple people are superior to all other people and deserve to rule and all other races are beneath the purple race."

To dislike another race is not the criteria by which racism is/should be defined. Racism is the belief that your particular race is not only superior to other races, but that also your race deserves to be placed above other, inferior, races.

All too often Prejudice and Racism are interchanged. There is probably not a single person in the world who is not prejudice in one form or another. Racists, however, are another breed all together.

If a black person doesn't like white people, so be it. That does not make him a racist. It just makes him ignorant.
Same goes for the white guy who doesn't like black people.

If either one of them go around advocating the killing and subjugation of the other race, then by all means they are a racist. Their feelings do not stem from ignorance, but rather from a sense of superiority, a sense of hubris.

The bigot can be ignored, for they are harmless and is a fool.
The racist must be dealt with harshly, since the racist can be dangerous.

Just sayin' is all.

I see what you are saying, except for I think people do make that decision. They might not word it to themselves in their thought that way, but when they say "I am voting for the purple person, because he is purple" automatically assumes purple people are better than the people they will not vote for, does it not?
Major Phatscotty

Postby patches70 on Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:52 pm

Phatscotty wrote:I see what you are saying, except for I think people do make that decision. They might not word it to themselves in their thought that way, but when they say "I am voting for the purple person, because he is purple" automatically assumes purple people are better than the people they will not vote for, does it not?

Not in all, just means that this particular Purple person is just more comfortable with other purple people and either doesn't understand nor can relate to other colors people. This is not racist, it is just prejudice, and is a natural human reaction.

You will clearly know a racist. They will be quite different from a bunch of bigots.

Imagine, a group of bigots, in their midst is a single racists. I will use white people for this group.

White #1- "Blacks have weird hair!"
White # 2- "Blacks smell bad!"
White #3- "Blacks are lazy!"
White #4- "Lets Kill all the blacks!"
White #1- "Wait....what???"
White #2- "Umm, lets not."
White #3- "Dude, get away from me."
White #4- "What? You all said you don't like blacks, I am with ya. Blacks are not as evolved as whites. Whites should rule over blacks because whites are superior. Blacks should not be allowed to run for any office and we should be allowed to do whatever we want to them."
White #1- "I don't want to kill anyone!"
White #2- "You are horrible, that is not what I said nor what I want."
White #3- "They are still human beings despite my reservations about them."

You see, the bigot forms his opinion because he has an encounter in his time with a member of another race in which that encounter was not positive. Thus, the bigot, in his ignorance, thinks all others of that race must be the same way.

The Racist on the other hand, sees other races as nothing more than an animal. Something to be stepped on, exterminated, ruled over.

Where a bigot can learn from the error of his assumption and the labels he puts upon others, the racist has no room for such retrospect.

I am just not convinced that because a person will vote only for members of their own race over another race, really qualifies as "racist". I think more information is needed to make that determination. Clearly the voter is a bigot, not so clear if they are racist.

Just my opinion obviously. I am just questioning the idea of interchanging "bigot" and "racist" as being synonymous. I think it is a gross injustice to do so and I believe that it is done too often in society today.
Private patches70

Postby Phatscotty on Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:31 pm

that's legit, and that was my premise from very early on. Simply by saying I'm voting for xyz because he is purple, is making a decision based on the color of xyz's skin. Maybe there is a better word, maybe there isnt
Major Phatscotty

Postby Gillipig on Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:57 am

Surely everyone with at least 2 braincells realise that voting for Obama because he's black is the same thing as voting for McCain because he's white! That so many african americans did just that and still refuse to call the act racist indicates that they think racist things can only be done by white people. Which in turn is just tragic really because it shows how narrow minded some people are.

Edit: patches70 is right when he says voting for someone because of their skin isn't racist because that's a too strong word. Maybe bigot is better but whatever word you insert there the context remain the same. Voting for someone because of their skin is equally ____ regardless of what skin colour it is. But society makes a big difference on a black person saying he votes for Obama because he's black and a white person saying he votes for McCain because he's white. The first is labeled as dimvitted and the latter is labeled as a racist. So I suppose it's society's fault that some black people fail to realise that voting on someone because of their skin is equally ____ regardless of the skin prefered.
In the bottom line it's always society's fault :P !
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Phatscotty on Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:58 pm

Gillipig wrote:Surely everyone with at least 2 braincells realise that voting for Obama because he's black is the same thing as voting for McCain because he's white! That so many african americans did just that and still refuse to call the act racist indicates that they think racist things can only be done by white people. Which in turn is just tragic really because it shows how narrow minded some people are.

Edit: patches70 is right when he says voting for someone because of their skin isn't racist because that's a too strong word. Maybe bigot is better but whatever word you insert there the context remain the same. Voting for someone because of their skin is equally ____ regardless of what skin colour it is. But society makes a big difference on a black person saying he votes for Obama because he's black and a white person saying he votes for McCain because he's white. The first is labeled as dimvitted and the latter is labeled as a racist. So I suppose it's society's fault that some black people fail to realise that voting on someone because of their skin is equally ____ regardless of the skin prefered.
In the bottom line it's always society's fault :P !

it's the Barbarians fault. We don't need justification or verification. We see racism, we destroy it.
Major Phatscotty

Postby Aradhus on Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:43 pm

Voting for Obama because he's black is not the same thing as voting for Mccain because he's white.
Major Aradhus

Postby Phatscotty on Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:54 pm

Aradhus wrote:Voting for Obama because he's black is not the same thing as voting for Mccain because he's white.

but voting for someone because they are black is the same as not voting for someone because they are not black, or because they are white
Major Phatscotty

Postby Gillipig on Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:09 am

Aradhus wrote:Voting for Obama because he's black is not the same thing as voting for Mccain because he's white.

How do you get your head round that? :lol:
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby john9blue on Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:43 am

He's Aradhus.

...wait, are you new here? Have you met him?
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
Captain john9blue

Postby Gillipig on Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:16 pm

john9blue wrote:He's Aradhus.

He's a nutter alright!
john9blue wrote:...wait, are you new here? Have you met him?

2 years, 300 posts, neither new nor old! No, and seeing as how he twists everything into his liking I don't want to :) !
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Aradhus on Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:30 am

Phatscotty wrote:

but voting for someone because they are black is the same as not voting for someone because they are not black, or because they are white

Yes. Just like fucking someone because they are black is the same as not fucking someone because they are black. Or killing someone because they are black is the same as not killing someone because they are black.

Or, ya know, you're right, and every single prejudice, bias, etc, is completely and utterly equal. It couldn't be that one action is explicitly racist, while the other is implicitly prejudiced.
Major Aradhus

Re: Poll on Racism

Postby notyou2 on Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:23 pm

No point in arguing with a tornado, it just twists things.
Captain notyou2

Postby Phatscotty on Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:45 pm

Reverse racism is still racism.
Major Phatscotty

Postby john9blue on Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:27 pm

ty for the new sig. you are just too funny!
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
Captain john9blue

Postby Aradhus on Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:46 pm

Phatscotty wrote:Reverse racism is still racism.

Yes, yes, and on that fateful night many years ago when you were conceived, had your father instead fucked your mother in the ass, well, first of all it would still have been a bad idea, and secondly, he did technically, metaphorically, f*ck her in the ass. Specifically though, the results, motivations and experiences would all have been different, but he'd still have been fucking her.
john9blue wrote:

The prejudices involved are not the same, don't come from the same place, experience, history, and are not equal.
Major Aradhus

Postby john9blue on Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:21 pm

Aradhus wrote:
john9blue wrote:

The prejudices involved are not the same, don't come from the same place, experience, history, and are not equal.

you'd think a progressive wouldn't care what era the racism in question came from. racism is racism no matter how you try to paint it... i don't understand how someone can logically draw a line between the two.
Captain john9blue

Postby Mr_Adams on Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:13 pm

john9blue wrote:
Aradhus wrote:
john9blue wrote:

you'd think a progressive wouldn't care what era the racism in question came from. racism is racism no matter how you try to paint it... i don't understand how someone can logically draw a line between the two.

Because what we call "progressive" is actually a victim mentality of history, for or by some minority group.
Captain Mr_Adams

Postby Timminz on Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:30 pm

I agree. The past has no bearing on the present.
Captain Timminz

Postby Phatscotty on Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:55 pm

Aradhus wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:Reverse racism is still racism.

Yes, yes, and on that fateful night many years ago when you were conceived, had your father instead fucked your mother in the ass, well, first of all it would still have been a bad idea, and secondly, he did technically, metaphorically, f*ck her in the ass. Specifically though, the results, motivations and experiences would all have been different, but he'd still have been fucking her.

wow, reverse racism really pisses you off huh? me too bro....me too.
Last edited by Phatscotty on Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Major Phatscotty

Postby Symmetry on Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:03 pm

How has this poll gone on for so long?

Apologies for not reading through every post- I'm sure some one must have posted this before:

Louis CK on Being White

It was originally about black black people voting for the first black president, if I remember correctly.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,