Conquer Club

Tournament Permission

The place for ideas, discussion of tournament related topics, and finding answers to questions about tournaments.

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Tournament Permission

Postby BoganGod on Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:04 pm

Hi Team,
Has been over 12 years since I've run a tournament. So I need a refresher.
I want to run a tournament.
Concise Description
Control Settings Quads Tournament
16 Teams
Each team has a home map, no maps are excluded. Settings are adj, ns, trench, fog. Round limited to 20 rounds
Each round 3 games per matching 1 each on each team's home map, plus a hive game on tournament settings.
So 5 rounds to be played for the eventual winners.
Corporal BoganGod

Re: Tournament Permission

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:58 pm

Hey bogan, feel free to take a look at any of my tournies and copy paste/edit what you would need to change. I'd suggest shooting for 8 teams for quads. You are unlikely to get 8 quads teams on a classic tourney. Not to mention limited/specific settings and a forced game on Hive. I don't think many will bite, so might wanna dumb it down to get more interest. Either way, good luck!
Offsite to 12/31/2023. Reach out to TheSpaceCowboy to reach me
Major Swimmerdude99

Postby Mad777 on Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:39 pm

Moved to Tournament General Discussion until proper format is found and tournament ready for sign in.

You can also use the tournament finder here

https://www.conquerclub.com/public.php? ... urnaments2

Select type like « Quads » and on the status drop down menu select « Completed ».

Search shows 377 tournaments completed and in alphabetical order, perhaps you get some hints with what would attract players, keep in minds many of those tournaments are old and when the site had way more active players therefore it may not be the same attraction today.

I agree with Swimmers’ comment, nowadays it is complicated to found that many Quads team (16 teams, 64 players), not to mention the Hive map as well.

Thanks
".....Under Phucumol treatment....."
https://youtu.be/zlusWzDY4qw
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby BoganGod on Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:55 pm

Mad777 wrote:Moved to Tournament General Discussion until proper format is found and tournament ready for sign in.

You can also use the tournament finder here

https://www.conquerclub.com/public.php? ... urnaments2

Select type like « Quads » and on the status drop down menu select « Completed ».

Search shows 377 tournaments completed and in alphabetical order, perhaps you get some hints with what would attract players, keep in minds many of those tournaments are old and when the site had way more active players therefore it may not be the same attraction today.

I agree with Swimmers’ comment, nowadays it is complicated to found that many Quads team (16 teams, 64 players), not to mention the Hive map as well.

Thanks

Thanks mate, I think I can get at least 8 teams, been a bit of a quads guru during my almost 2 decades on this site. When I last ran tournaments this site was about 4x as busy. So I guess I need to manage my expectations.

Concise instructions to get tournament permission welcomed.
Corporal BoganGod

Postby BoganGod on Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:57 pm

Swimmerdude99 wrote:Hey bogan, feel free to take a look at any of my tournies and copy paste/edit what you would need to change. I'd suggest shooting for 8 teams for quads. You are unlikely to get 8 quads teams on a classic tourney. Not to mention limited/specific settings and a forced game on Hive. I don't think many will bite, so might wanna dumb it down to get more interest. Either way, good luck!

Thank you mate, I might rethink the hive option lol, please provide a link to a concise application for tournament priveleges.
Corporal BoganGod

Postby Mad777 on Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:01 pm

Please refer to the Tournament Handbook, Section C for Tournament organizer.
".....Under Phucumol treatment....."
https://youtu.be/zlusWzDY4qw
Lieutenant Mad777

Return to General Info, Q&A, Discussion