Conquer Club

USA Ryder Cup Defeat

The place for ideas, discussion of tournament related topics, and finding answers to questions about tournaments.

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

USA Ryder Cup Defeat

Postby Craig25 on Tue Oct 03, 2023 8:53 am

USA............Land of the Brave.

I am 48 and until recently, that is what I truly thought. But, this Ryder Cup defeat may have had a HUGE impact on Americans psyche.

From the Money grabbing Cantlay who only wanted to represent the Starts & Stripes if he was getting paid to do it, the absolute collapse of the USA Team in Round 1, Pro-Trump Republicans voting for Pro-Russian Policies. I sense a change, I thought it was my imagination but then.

I started a Tournament on here, USA versus Europe. The 2nd phase of the same Tournament (The Ryder Cup).

In the 1st Tournament, American RISK Players dominated the sign up process, to the extent I had to go searching for European Players. Not this time. Tournament has been up a day and there are 42 Entrants already, BUT, A MASSIVE 62% of them are European.

There has been a change been on here in the last 2 years. It appears Americans are less likely to want to stand up for their country never mind represent it on the Sporting Arena of the Risk Board.

I don't think this is my imagination, I think the Ryder Cup has been the culmination of many things on the American Psyche. Land of the Free. I'm still 100% on that, but Home of the Brave.....I'm starting to have serious Doubts.

CCPGA RYDER CUP Stats (after 24 Hours):

Entrants= Europe 26 v 16 USA
Highest Rank= Europe 3242 v 2647 USA
Average Rank= Europe 2002 v 1942 USA

It doesn't matter how I cut the Stats, I can't find a reason to believe my Doubts in the American wobble are un-founded. I hope I'm wrong though. If you do not believe me, go here to check the Stats for yourself:

https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=240183
Major Craig25

Re: USA Ryder Cup Defeat

Postby TeeGee on Tue Oct 03, 2023 7:26 pm

Moved

Other sections of the forums are NOT to be used to spam tournaments
Thanks
Major TeeGee
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Re: USA Ryder Cup Defeat

Postby Craig25 on Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:19 am

Howdy Partners.......

I was talking to Keefie the other day about The Ryder Cup and the problems we are having finding American Players brave enough to enter. Or, even finding players from the Rest of the World who were brave enough the represent the USA. We are running at 35 Europeans versus only 18 Americans. Here are the recruits so far, Europe is also out ranking the American recruits by OVER 100 Points on Average, that is HUGE:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12RYj96StxC_1FqcRBsqBfuHOG3q033S7D8jHopdSEeU/edit?usp=sharing

Recruiting European players is easy, you say, do you want an opportunity to humiliate Americans? 2 Mins later they appear in The Ryder Cup forum and sign up. But trying to get an American to represent Team USA on the RISK board is bloody hard. And Keefie says, that's the problem, What's the difference between Yoghurt and Americans? He then says "If you leave yoghurt alone for 300 Years it develops a culture"....................

Pointing to the fact that there appears to be very few American Players Proud enough to represent their country on the RISK Board...............

So if y'all don't mind, try to recruit as many Yanks as you can to enter The Ryder Cup.

And, for everybody else, You want an opportunity to humiliate Americans? Follow this link to SIGN UP:

https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=240183
Major Craig25

Return to General Info, Q&A, Discussion